Unofficial Portkey Archive

Finding Father by Ancient Werewolf
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Finding Father

Ancient Werewolf

Chapter Twenty-Nine - The Burial

January 16, 2007...

One would think I spent months looking for my father, that it took days to get my uncle cleared of all charges. That I lived years with my father, keeping him company until he died. But, no. It hadn't been a month since my mother's death, and I had now found and lost my father.

I sighed and held Uncle Ron's hand firmly. We both wore formal black suits. Luna stood next to my uncle, dressed in a black dress. We were on the private funeral that was held for my father. There would be a ceremony in a few days, at Hogwarts, where the Ministry would rise a symbolic tomb for my parents. At first, it was only for my father, but Uncle Ron and I insisted that my mother should be included.

My father was buried next to my mother's grave in a Muggle cemetery. It would keep his final resting place in peace, no one trying to disrupt him, or anything like that. My mother and grandparents had been buried there by her side of the family, weeks before.

As the coffin was slowly covered, I felt my uncle squeezing my hand slightly. We looked at each other, and we both knew, we'd have to live on. Move on. It seemed, at that moment, a hard thing to do.

I found my father, I lost him.

I glanced at Uncle Ron again, and thought, that maybe, one day I would have a father again...

-

Notes: To think that so little time passed between Hermione and Harry's deaths... Poor John!