Unofficial Portkey Archive

Finding Father by Ancient Werewolf
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Finding Father

Ancient Werewolf

Chapter Twenty-Five - The Interruption

After the whispers ceased, the old wizard continued to talk. "As for evading the Ministry personnel and endangering the lives of the boy and the woman who were with you, I must -"

"Enough!" a voice shouted. It was a raspy male voice, not as deep as Uncle Ron's. "Enough of this nonsense!"

Everyone looked around, trying to find the person who had interrupted the trial. I couldn't see anything, but the man had been spotted, and everyone was looking at where he was with startled expressions. There were more whispers, and loud exchanges, and what I heard made my blood freeze.

"It's Harry Potter!"

Uncle Ron tried desperately to look behind him, but as he was chained to the chair, he couldn't quite see what was going on. I tried screaming, but I remembered I still was silenced by the spell. Instead, I took advantage of the Aurors' distraction and ran towards him. "What's going on?" he asked, but I shook my head and pointed at my throat. "Bloody people," he muttered, glaring over his shoulder at the Aurors, who had just noticed I wasn't next to them. "They Silenced you!"

I nodded, and grabbed his hand. I nearly jumped when a hand grabbed my shoulder. It was Luna, who had also seen it opportune to use the distraction to her needs. She took out her wand from her coat, and cast a spell on me. Then, she did the same on my uncle.

I was able to talk again, and he was set free from the chains. Despite the situation, and to my disgust, he grabbed her and kissed her on the mouth. "Ew," I muttered, looking away and feeling my face warm.

A hand patted me on my head, and I looked up at Uncle Ron, who was grinning at me. "Don't be like that, you'll be doing that in a few years," he laughed as I looked at him horrified.

Then we looked around, and noticed that people were gathering around something. "What happened?" I asked, looking curiously at the crowd.

Luna looked at me, then at my uncle. "It's Harry. He's here."

-

Notes: Gah! Another cliffhanger!