Unofficial Portkey Archive

Officially Unengaged by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Officially Unengaged

Angel 737

"We got a surprise for you!" said Mrs. Evans in a singsong voice.

"Mum I hate surprises," grumbled Lillian Evans.

"Oh, I know honey, but I just know that you'll love this one."

Lily rolled her eyes and mumbled under her breath, "Then it must be absolutely dreadful."

"Why aren't you guessing? Your sister would be driving me crazy with questions"

"In case you didn't notice, I'm not Petunia."

"No, your not, but please try to guess."

"Is Petunia getting moving, getting married, dying?"

"That wasn't the surprise I was thinking about but yes, yes, and no! Why would you ask such a thing?"

"I sounded like a pretty good surprise to me," she mumbled.

"Well, we are home now. Don't go into the lounge, that is were your surprise is."

"Cant I just lock myself in my room?"

"No your dad should be in the kitchen, go say hi."

Lily ran into the house like a bat out of hell. She threw her bag on the steps, and slid into the kitchen. She launched herself at her father. He caught her and spun her around.

"Daddy, I missed you so much. You would never believe what happened this year. What did mum mean when she said that you guys have a surprise for me?"

"I missed you too sweetheart. And as for that surprise, all I can say is that it was your mothers idea and I had absolutely nothing to do with it."

Lily gave him a pointed look that clearly stated that she knew he was lying.

"How is it that you can always tell that I am lying? I can't get away with anything!"

Lily laughed, "What can I say, it's a gift. Plus you are a really bad liar. I also know what you are feeling."

"Really? How does that work?"

"Well if I'm by someone that is extremely happy or angry, I feel some of what they feel. For example, last week Severus was pissed-"

"Language sweetie."

"Sorry. He was really mad. He said awful-"

"Honey! Please come into the lounge. Your surprise is waiting."

Lily looked to her father with pleading eyes, silently asking if it was okay for her to run. He chuckled slightly and shook his head.

She followed her father out of the kitchen, past the living room, and stopped in front of the lounge doors. Her mother peeked her head out.

"Lily, listen to me. Petunia said that she thinks that you would be jealous because she would have a fiancé before you. And I happen to agree with her. We thought of the perfect person! Then your father and I went to talk to that Dumbledork person. He said it was a horrible idea and picked a different student for you to marry. But I refused; I knew you would like this one. After all you are best friends."

Lily's eyes were huge, "I'm getting an arranged marriage?"

"If you put it that way, yes."

"Why?" she whined. "Dad, you guys cant be serious. I have a boyfriend that I'm perfectly happy with."

"Oh, Ryan is taken care of honey. I sent him a letter. I'm sure he understands," her mother stated.

"WHAT?"

"Pumpkin, there is no need to yell," scolded Mrs. Evans.

"Of course there is! You wrote a letter to my boyfriend saying that we had to break up because I'm going to get engaged!" Lily shouted outraged. "You had no right to do that! You had no right to get me an arranged marriage! Whoever that bloke is he better be pretty damn hot!"

"Language dear. Petunia though that he was cute, so you should find him irresistible. Now come inside, I cant to see your reaction."

When Lily first entered the room her eyes were automatically drawn to her sister. Petunia was laughing her butt off; she had tears streaming down her egg shaped face. Lily felt sick, what ever made her sister act that way had to be horrible.

Her eyes flew to her mother, who was making her way to the swivel chair. "Pumpkin, this is your fiancé."

Pose Evans spun the chair around. Lily let her eyes travel from his shoes up. She took in his scuffed shoes, ho\is worn and baggy pants, the long, torn, dirty black cloak, the long black hair and the cold black eyes.

"NO!" she screamed. She turned around to run out the door but her father caught her around the waist. She struggled to break free, pushing at his chest and arms. Her fathers grip only got tighter. Finally Lily gave a frustrated scream and buried her face in her dad's chest.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong? You guys are best friends." Eric Evans mumbled.

"We were best friends, until.. Until he called me a …"

"He called you what?" asked her mother.

"You wouldn't understand. But there is no way in hell that I will marry that, that scumbag!" she screamed. Lily then turned her glare onto the boy sitting in her favorite chair. "Get out of my house! You are not welcome here. Why don't you join your fellow Death Eaters and have a grand old time killing mudbloods like me!"

She turned to leave again but the pain that she could feel flowing off the boy was too much for her to bear. She grabbed her head in pain. She just about fell over, but her father caught her. The boy came up beside her and gently touched her arm. "Lily, are you okay?"

Lily yanked her arm away as if burned. "Don't touch me," she hissed. She ran out the door, grabbed her bag off the steps, and ran up to her room.

***

She had been pacing in her room for the past half an hour. Finally she sat on the edge of the bed. 'What am I going to do? There is now ay I am going to marry that slime ball. Not after what he did to me. But what am I going to do? Mum will make me marry him, even if she found out how he acted and what he said. She doesn't get that he is the reason that I'm miserable. She still believes we are the best of friends. How am I going to get her to see that I would rather die than marry him?' Her eyes kit up, 'Perfect.'

Lily grabbed a small trunk out of her bag and magically enlarged it. After shuffling through it for a couple of minutes, she found a piece of parchment and a quill. She sat at her desk and started writing. She was half way through the letter when a hoot came from the cage to her right. "Yes Taz, you're going to have a job to do." She reached over and pet her gray tawny owl.

When she finished the letter she read it out loud:

Remus,

I'd like to say that this is just a friendly letter asking how you are and wh at you plan to do this summer. But I am sorry to say that it is not anywhere near that kind of letter.

I know that Sirius, Peter, and James are staying at your house. That is the main reason why I am writing this. I need help. No you are not going crazy. The always right and I don't need you Lily Evans needs help. And from the Marauders no doubt.

Oh, merlin, I think I am going insane! I called Potter by his first name! This day cant possible get any worse!

But as I was saying before, HELP! I need help. My parents, they umm.. Made me.. Oh merlin how do I say this? I best just get it out. I have an arranged marriage.

Your probably thinking 'big deal, so what, why should we help the bitch.' But you don't know the rest of the story yet.

It's the person that I'm suppose to be marring that is driving me bonkers. You guys are the only people I know that can help me.

Please, I will do anything as long as you help me.

Oh I guess I forgot to mention who my fiancé is. Well, it's Severus Snape.

HELP!

Love Lily.

Hello Everyone! I am back! I know that I said that it might be a long break but I was so excited that I at least had to post the first chapter. I am currently working on the sixth chapter of this story.

Christmas was very hard, my Grandmother past away. But other than that everything went well. I hope that everyone had a Happy New Year!

I can't wait to see some feedback from this story. You comments influence me so much! Please leave reviews, good or bad!

Angel 737