Unofficial Portkey Archive

Officially Unengaged by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Officially Unengaged

Angel 737

I feel completely retarded! I didn't read through the last chapter till after I posted it and then I noticed all the mistakes that I made. For example: Pose instead of Rose. I can't believe I made so many mistakes, but I was in a hurry so that probably explains it.

I made a deal with myself. Every time that I write a new chapter I will update an old one. So you guessed it, I am on chapter 7 now!

I was really surprised by the response that I got from last chapter! I was so happy!

And if you don't like this story, please tell me what you don't like about it and how I can improve it!

Thanks so much! Please read and review!

"I'm bored," Sirius whined, "there is absolutely nothing to do here."

"I know my house isn't as big or as fun as James', but is it at least a little better than yours?" Remus asked.

"It is a lot better, it's just really boring."

"Then what, pray tell, do you suggest we do?" James questioned.

"Quidditch."

"Fine. Remus and I against you and Peter."

"Not fair! Peter sucks."

"I do not!" Peter said indignantly.

"Whatever," Sirius said slightly annoyed. "Since it is two on two, I think that we should play with beaters and seekers."

"But I am a lot better at keeper than beater," Peter grumbled.

James sighed, "Think of it this way, if we don't have chasers what is the point of having a keeper? If we have both chaser and keeper, how are we going to win the game? So the only logical explanation is to have seekers and beaters."

"Oh."

***

"He's getting closer and closer. So close only a fingers length away. Oh no, it got away. Come on Potter, we got to win!" screamed Remus from atop his broom.

"Shut up! I can't concentrate," James shrieked.

Remus smirked, some things never changed. James always got agitated when someone was yelling while he was playing. It somehow made him feel self conscious, though you could never tell when they were competing in a tournament.

Remus quietly continued his commentary, "They're head to head, side by side, racing for that tiny golden object. This has got to be the fiercest competition. I would hate to see them fight over a girl. The poor girl would go mental in the first ten minutes. Oh, look at this; Potter is doing a nosedive! He must be hot on the trail. There it is, the golden little devil! With a little burst of speed we could win. Yippee! Potter caught the snitch! The Mighty Machos have defeated the Naughty Nachos!"

"Remind me again why you are machos and we are nachos," Sirius grumbled.

"Because James and I have muscles," Remus answered smiling. "Plus Peter ate all the nachos and they also rhymed!"
"I'm thirsty," Peter whined, "Remus does your mum still buy that soda stuff?"

"Yes, Peter, she does. She knows you are addicted to it."

Peter smiled shyly and his cheeks turned slightly pink. "It's not my fault, my parents won't buy anything muggle."

"You poor baby," Sirius said as he rolled his eyes.

They made their way into the house. After Remus had gotten four sodas from out of the fridge, they sat at the table in silence.

"It is only the first day of summer vacation and we are already bored out of our minds. What are we going to do for 3 more months?" James asked.

"I told you guys that you wouldn't want to stay here. You can still go home if you want to. I honestly don't care." Remus' face was impassive, but his eyes still held the hope that they would not leave.

"We told you already, there is no way that we are going to let you spend the full moon alone again!" Sirius cried.

Remus' eyes were now filled with happiness. "You guys are the best mates a guy could have."

"You don't have to tell us that." James smirked.

"Hey, guys, what is that?" Pete asked while looking out the window.

"Gee, Peter, I don't know, an owl." Sirius said sarcastically.

"It's Lily's owl!" James screamed with wide eyes.

"How do you know that? Are you a stalker now?" Sirius said with a grin.

James rolled his eyes, "I wonder what she wants."

"Whatever it is, it's probably not about you," said Remus as he took the letter off of Taz's leg.

***

"I want to write the letter!" Sirius cried.

"She has to know what she is reading, Sirius," Remus said calmly although you could tell that he was frustrated.

"Exactly! That is why I should write it!" James yelled.

"James, she won't be able to read your scribble either. Plus there has to be more on there than 'Lily, will you go out with me?'"

"Ha! He can't ask her anymore, because she is ENGAGED!" hollered Sirius.

James scowled, crossed his arms, and plopped down onto the couch. "Fine, Remus can write it just as long as he says that Snivellus will die."

Remus smiled, nodded his head, and sat at his desk with Peter hovering over him.

A half an hour later, Remus lifted his head. "I'm finished."

"Finally! Read it out loud." James huffed.

Dearest Lily,

I would say that that was not a friendly letter!

Yes, James, Peter, and Sirius are here. They were quite surprised that you knew. Sirius laughed his bloody arse off when he read that you needed help. He had tears in his eyes from laughing so hard. Oh, I shouldn't have put that in here, Peter said it might hurt your pride.

James fell off of his chair and spilled coke all over himself when he saw that you wrote James instead of Potter. It was hilarious. I stunned him and took a picture. Remind me to show it to you sometime.

An arranged marriage? I don't want to sound mean, Lils, but could your parents be any weirder?

Merlin, Severus Snape? This has to be horrible for you, especially after what he said to you. I don't want to sound mean again, but why were you even friends with the git?

We all feel really bad for you. I, being the great friend that I am, will try to do everything in my power to help you. Peter agreed after we explained it several times (4). Sirius laughed again when he first found out about the marriage, but then he saw whom your fiancé was. Let's just say that Sirius turned serious. Hehe, sorry about the pun, just trying to lighten the mood, I don't think that it is working. James, well, James' face turned red with anger, or was it jealousy? Haha, just trying to lighten it again. Anyway, James said that Snivellus will die.

I hope it doesn't come down to death, but if that is what it takes for us to get him away from you, then it is something we must do.

I would suggest that you spend the summer over here so we can think of ideas, but with my 'Furry Little Problem,' that might not work. I don't want to put you in danger, Lily.

Till we get a reply, we will be thinking of brilliant pranks!

Love,

Mighty Machos and Naughty Nachos! (Very funny story, I'll tell you later!)

"Well, what do you think?" Remus asked.

"What do I think?" James asked hysterically, "I think that you made me sound like a complete arse!"

"I think that it sounded very well written and I believe that she will be able to understand and read it perfectly." Peter said, trying to be a suck up.

"I think that our boring summer just turned into an adventure!" Sirius screamed joyfully.

Can you tell that I don't like Peter very much??

All mistakes are mine and mine alone. If you found any that are really big please tell me! Oh, and I'm not real sure how long their summers are. I just followed my summer schedule.

And one more thing. I don't know if any of you noticed but they are using magic. They are going into sixth year and are using magic. I know that they are not suppose to but that is the way that it is in my story! I hope that you don't mind

I also hope that all that read, please review!

Till next time,

Angle 737