Unofficial Portkey Archive

Officially Unengaged by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Officially Unengaged

Angel 737

I told you I was hoping to get another one in this week! I hope it brightens your mood!

Three more chapters after this one and then you are caught up to were I am stuck. I plan on writing tonight maybe some ideas might come to me!

I tried adding a little more detail into this chapter. Does it make the story better or worse??

All mistakes are mine.

Please read and review!

Lily entered the kitchen the next morning in a pair of sweat pants and a tank top. Her hair was pulled up into a messy ponytail. Her rough night clearly evident in her face. "Dad, I had the worst dream last night," she said.

"Oh, really. What was it about?" Petunia question with a smirk. Her sister was sitting at the counter with her French toast only half eaten. For the past couple of years Lily had never seen Petunia finish a whole plate of food. Her body was definitely getting smaller.

Trying to have a normal conversation with her sister, she answered, "It started out great. I was on my way home from school when Mum said I had a surprise."

"Sweetie," Eric said with slight warning in his voice.

Lily just waved her hand and continued on. "Mum was horrible, a real monster. I mean fangs and everything! Then you were getting married to the fat purple-faced guy. I mean seriously who would want to marry you?"

Petunia's blue eyes narrowed into slits. She tapped her slender fingers along the table, loud enough to draw Lily's attention. On her finger sat a ring. An engagement ring.

"No. No. This cannot be happening. It was a dream, just a dream," she murmured to herself as she buried her face in her hands.

"A dream that came true," a deep voice said from behind her.

She whirled around and came face to face with her former best friend. He looked the same as he always did, except that there were large purple circles under his eyes. Proof that he hadn't slept in days.

"Mum, he can't stay here! If he is here then I'll go to Izzy's or Leslie's. I will not live in the same house with a person who hates me and wants to kill me!"

Her mother's eyes grew dramatically. Her father began to rub his temples. Her sister's pale face grew a smirk.

"It seems to me that you want to kill him," Petunia laughed.

"I do. Oh, Merlin, I do. There is nothing that I would rather do!"

"Lillian, you're scaring me. Why are you acting this way? I have never seen you like this before. What's wrong? Is it your time of the month?" Rose asked as she came toward her daughter. She moved to put her hands on Lily's should but Lily smacked them away.

"The only thing that is wrong is him."

Rose sighed, "What did he do?"

Lily looked from her Mum's slightly irritated face to her sister's unusually happy face to her father's emotionless face. She took a deep breath, "He hurt me."

"How?"

"He said things that I never thought he would."

"What did he say? I love you? He worships you, a blind man could see it!" Petunia screeched.

"Just forget it okay. You wouldn't understand."

"Of course we don't understand, you aren't telling us anything!" Rose cried.

Lily's hands clenched into fists, the candle on the counter suddenly ignited. "You are trying to run my life! I don't want to get married. I want to make that decision on my own, when I am not a teenager! I am fifteen, Mum, fifteen. I have the rest of my life ahead of me. I want to live, to have fun. I don't want to constantly watch my back, making sure that my husband doesn't mess up, risking my life in the process!"

"Lily, I would never-" Severus finally spoke. He had been standing in the doorway watching the family fight. Evidently she didn't inform her family about the upcoming war with Voldemort.

"Shut up!" she hissed. Her eyes were quickly filling up with tears. He felt a burst of pain in his heart. He was the reason she was about to cry.

"Lily, please," Snape pleaded as he took a step towards her.

"No, just don't," she whimpered as the tears started to fall. "You have done enough."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Eric, please go talk to her, she listens to you." Rose begged. Her and her husband were sitting on the sofa. Her head was resting on Eric's shoulder, as the tears began to fall. "What am I doing wrong?"

"Nothing, darling, you just need to listen to her. She doesn't want to do this and I don't blame her. She is not happy."

"I want her to be happy."

"Then don't make her do this."

"I wish I could. I just don't think that there is a way for backing out. Do you remember what happened when we went to visit the Snapes?"

Eric was silent. Now that he thought about it, the visit became a blur. He remembered being let inside by a big-eyed, pointy-eared elf type thing. Severus was the only one home. He had told them how much he loved their daughter. He poured them some tea. That's were everything becomes fuzzy. "Honestly, no. Do you?"

"I recall a contract that we had to sign," Rose quietly said. Her eyes squinted shut in concentration. "It said something about punishment if we back out. Vada Davra? I don't know, it's all blurry."

"I know. The best thing you can do is to tell Lily why we decided to do this. She needs an explanation."

"Okay."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Pumpkin, can I come in?"

"I guess."

Mrs. Evans opened the door and squeezed her petite form through the small opening. She saw Lily sitting in her chair reading a book. "Hun, I am so sorry about this. How about we go to town. Shop till we drop as I explain this mess."

"Mum…"

"Lil, please, I want to make this right."

Lily looked into her mothers sparkling eyes for the first time that morning. Sorrow filled them, along with hope. Lily felt guilt creep upon her. "Of course, Mum, just let me grab my purse."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily plopped herself down on her bed. Her mother really did mean that they would shop till they dropped. She was exhausted. Her mother had spoiled her like crazy. Everything that she looked at, her mother would pick up and put into the cart. Buying stuff was her Mum's key to success. If Rose needed a stress reliever, she went shopping. If she needed some exercise, she would walk the mall. There argument this morning must have really bothered her if they had to go shopping for five hours straight.

After staring at her ceiling for several minutes she began to hear hooting. Sticking her head out the window she saw her owl, Taz, flying towards her. She just stood there, leaning out the window. The wind was blowing her hair in all directions but it felt good. Suddenly purple slime was on her face. Screaming and looking around frantically, she saw the culprit. Little Scott Tucker, her neighbor, was hiding behind a bush, laughing his bum off.

Grinning Lily yelled, "You little squirt, I am going to get you!"

"Yeah right," the boy squeaked as he ran into his house.

Taz was sitting on her desk, letter in beak. She put the letter on her desk and grabbed a towel. She needed a shower before she did anything else.

Twenty minutes later, Lily entered her room with just the towel wrapped around her. She screamed at the sight that greeted her. "What the hell are you doing here?" she snarled.