Unofficial Portkey Archive

Officially Unengaged by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Officially Unengaged

Angel 737

Sorry for the wait. Chapters are hard to write when your mind is in a different place! :] Okay, just wanted to let you all know that this story is slightly AU because of them using magic. I hope that you don't mind!

There was a knock at her door. Lily rolled her eyes and screamed into her pillow for whom ever it was to go away. She heard Petunia giggle, oh how Lily hated that little wench right now.

"Lillian Marie Evans!" her mother screamed as she came pounding up the steps. "You unlock this door."

"No."

"Lily…"

"I want to talk to dad."

"Eric!" she wailed.

Her father came running, breathing heavily he asked, "What is it, dear?"

Rose Evans sniffed, "She wants to talk to you." Lily could tell that she had hurt her mother, but that wasn't her fault. If her mother had listened to her, then she would have known that she was perfectly happy. Her dad knew exactly what made her happy. If only her mother would act more like her dad.

There was a soft knock at the door and with a wave of her wand it unlocked. Her father pocked his head through first then pulled the rest of his body inside. He sat down beside her on the bed.

"Lily, honey, can you tell me what is wrong?" Eric asked quietly.

"Daddy, you can't make me marry him!"

"We thought that you would want this! You guys are best friends."

"Were, we were best friends. Why would you think I would want to marry him? Don't best friends stay best friends? I don't have those kinds of feelings for him. You should know that."

"I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't paying the best of attention to your relationship. Friendship can grow into so much more. What happened?"

"It's a long story."

"Well then, you better get started because I am no leaving until you tell me."

"Then make yourself comfortable," she said as she laid back down on her bed.

"We were friends at first. We did everything that we normally did. We took walks around the lake, had parties in the kitchen at the beginning of each month. We told each other everything! It was perfect. Then when Ryan and I started dating in January, he changed. He got so distant, I could feel his hatred every time he saw me with Ryan. I even thought that I saw Severus try to curse him. After that we kind of stopped talking. The only time when we would catch up would be our monthly parties."

She paused for a little bit, taking a breath and looking for a reaction on her father's face. It was impassive. "I still stuck up for him. He was my first friend; I wasn't going to turn my back on him. I cared for him; I couldn't stand to see him hurt. He was okay with it; at least I thought that he was. He never yelled at me before. Oh, dad, he got so angry, I could feel it!" she sobbed.

"Sshh, baby, it will be okay," he said soothingly as he rubbed her back. "Why did he get so mad?"

"R-Ryan, Kara, Leslie, Isabelle, and me were sitting by the lake after the Defense O.W.L. Ryan and I were sitting by each other, just sitting enjoying each others company. Remus and his friends Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, and James Potter were a little bit away from us."

"James Potter?" her father asked surprised.

"Yeah, what about him?"

"Oh, nothing."

Lily gave him another piercing glare. He had to be the worse liar in the world. Even a deaf man could tell the difference between the truth and a lie.

"Fine, I'll tell you when you finish your story."

"Okay, anyway, Remus and his friends were by us. Severus walked up, completely minding his own business when James and Sirius started making fun of him. I ran up to them and told them to stop. They finally did, but then Severus rounded on me. He said… he said that he didn't need help from a filthy mudblood."

"Mudblood?"

"Muggle born, dirty blood."

"Oh, honey, I'm sure he didn't mean it."

"No, he did. I could feel it. I felt everything that he was feeling, pain, anger, and hatred. Not one once of remorse. Not one inch of regret. Nothing except loathing, and that hurt more that his words."

Tears were silently slipping out of her eyes. She angrily pushed them away and continued with her story. "He made it clear how he felt about me. I was a fool for thinking that not all Slytherins were evil. I was wrong, dead wrong. Daddy, I trusted him. I bared my soul to him. I loved him like a brother! When he said those words to me it felt like he threw my heart on the ground and stomped on it. Like he had told my secrets to the world. He took my trust and threw it out the window. How could he do that to me? How could he?" She was screaming by now and crying uncontrollably.

Eric Evans stared wide-eyed at his youngest daughter. Never in his life had he heard Lily scream like that. That boy had hurt his little girl, he hurt her bad. There was no way he would let that monster hurt her again. He would put a stop to this marriage even if it killed him. He knew his wife would not budge, for he already tried every excuse in the book. Even if he had to go behind Rose's back, he would not let Lily marry this awful man. He would swear on his life.

By now Lily's sobs were mere whimpers. Her eyes were slowly closing, she was exhausted. "Rest my flower, close those beautiful green eyes. I promise everything will be okay."

He softly kissed her forehead and turned to leave when Lily's owl flew into the room with a letter attached to its leg. He carefully untied it and recognized the writing as Remus'. Making a quick decision he decided to open it.

After Eric finished reading it a small smile graced his lips. Remus seemed to be some friend. He wanted to help her but also wanted to keep her safe. Oh, if there was someway that he could get those kids together. Then suddenly an idea popped into his head. It would be a perfect way to get rid of that git. His smile grew even bigger as he sat down at his daughter's desk and began to write.

***

Little did Lily or Mr. Evans know, but they had been watched the whole time.

Severus Snape stood outside her door. It seemed that it somehow did not get all the way closed, maybe a foot had stopped it from closing. He had seen and heard everything. His heart ached; he had had no clue that Lily felt that way about him. He had thought that he had been the only one in pain, but man was he wrong.

Lily hated his guts right now, not that he could blame her. But she would hate him even more when she found out what was on his left arm. He had gotten the mark because he needed an outlet for the pain in his heart. He talked to Lucious, his mother's friends son. Lucious suggested that he join the Dark Lord, that way he would be able to get revenge on the girl that was causing him so much distress. He agreed in a heartbeat, but now all he felt was regret, and that was worse that the pain.

Dun dun dun. End of chapter three!! I hope that it wasn't too bad or boring.

Have you ever had a story completely written out and when you go to type it you just have to add stuff in. That was mostly what this chapter was about. It was not nearly this long.

You are so lucky that I got this up. I feel like crap and my toes and nose are so cold I think that they might fall off!!

Well, anyway, please leave your comments in a review!!