Unofficial Portkey Archive

Officially Unengaged by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Officially Unengaged

Angel 737

Sirius dropped the bra he was holding in surprise. His face was turning the same color as Lily's hair.

"Didn't you read the letter?" Remus asked as he looked anywhere but at her.

"What letter?"

"The letter that Pete is sitting on," James said. He had been staring or glaring at Peter since Lily walked in. His friend was practically drooling over his girl. Of course any sane man would be watching her like a hawk, but this was one of his friends. He was trying to be respectful and not look at the girl of his dreams in a towel. And it wasn't his fault that there was a mirror behind Peter that showed the doorway perfectly.

Everyone looked at Peter but he was dead to the world. He was focused on one thing and one thing only. Lily, noticing his gaze, started to shift from foot to foot. Getting uneasy, she grabbed her pajamas and ran out of the room.

"Real nice guys, now she thinks that we are all perverts," Remus stated.

"Its Peter fault," Sirius declared.

"What did I do?"

"You were staring at her like a piece of meat!"

"No I wasn't. Plus you were the one that went through her panty drawer."

Sirius bent down to retrieve the pink lacy undergarment. He put it on over his clothes and looked in the mirror. "It's not like I did anything wrong, just a small amount of snooping. Good thing too otherwise I would have never know that they made these so big!"

"Sirius you're so childish," Remus exclaimed.

"I'm childish? You were the one that wouldn't look at her."

"I'm not going to look at my friend when she is dressed like that!"

"You look at us."

"That's different."

Sirius got a smirk on his face and screamed, "Oh Merlin, he's gay. Remus is gay!"

"No I'm not!" he cried indignantly.

"Then why do you look at us?"

"The same reason you do," Remus said with a grin, "sizing up the competition."

"Guys," James finally spoke, "we came here to help her not ogle her… or talk about our sexuality." With that being said he made his way to the door.

"Wait."

"What?"

"Aren't you going to yell at Pete for scaring your girl?"

"If I yell at him, I'll have to yell at all three of you. Please guys, I want this to work, I need this to work. I can't let Snape win."

"Is it safe for me to come back in?" Lily called through the door.

"Of course you can. It is your room after all," Sirius replied.

She popped her head through the door just to make sure. "I didn't want to walk in on you going through my clothes again."

"No, we straightened Sirius out," Remus stated.

Lily came all the way into her room and sat on the bed. "Do you mind telling me why you are here?"

"I thought that you would have figured that out by now," Sirius said grinning. "We couldn't stand being away from you."

Lily just raised an eyebrow, "Nice try."

"Your dad sent a letter, we got here as soon as we could," Remus exclaimed.

"Why would my dad send you a letter?"

"He needs our amazing brains."

"Why?"
"So that we could help you."

"Does he know that you are here? Does he know that two of you are complete arseholes?"

"Hey! Who are you calling an arse?" Remus cried.

"Oh, not you, Black and Potter."

That got James' attention. His head whipped from the pictures on the wall to Lily herself. His anger was getting the better of him. "What is wrong with you? I only said one sentence to you. I came here to help you and you call me an arsehole! I have only tied to get your attention. I didn't realize that you actually hated me."

What Lily was feeling startled her. Sure she felt anger and pain before, but they were always from other people. She could never feel anything from James. It was almost like he didn't have any emotions. What surprised her most was that he was letting all of his feelings out and they were hitting her all at once. The one that was the strangest just happened to be hurt.

James was pacing around the room, mumbling incoherently to himself. After his outburst, the shock on Lily's face scared him. As angry as he was, he never wanted her to be afraid.

Lily was opening and closing her mouth like a fish out of water. She never thought that James could act that way. She had never seen him yell, and hearing him do just that made her see that he was normal after all. He actually seemed upset at what she said. He usually just passed it of as a joke. James was making her go bonkers.

"I'm sorry," James and Lily said together. Surprised, they looked at each other. Their eyes locked and for James nothing else existed. But for Lily, she saw the same emotions that she felt in his eyes. Feeling ashamed she looked away.

The room was in complete silence for many minutes. With a sigh Sirius said, "I suggest that we just pretend that the last fifteen minutes never happened."

"Agreed," everyone chorused.

"We should probably go. We're in the guest bedroom if you need us," Remus said.

"But I have questions!" Lily cried.

"Tomorrow, we'll answer them tomorrow."

I feel horrible. My life is completely insane at the moment. And to top it all off I haven't been getting sleep lately. I'm to busy thinking of what is happening to actually sleep. Have you ever just wanted everything to disappear?

Anyway, I finally got this typed up! Exciting right? I know that it has been forever and I'm really sorry about that.

Blood and Chocolate readers, I am so sorry! I feel like crying for not updating! I would say that I would update it in a couple of weeks but I just can't promise anything right now. Please, oh please forgive me!

Please leave you thoughts in a review!

Angel 737

-->