Unofficial Portkey Archive

Officially Unengaged by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Officially Unengaged

Angel 737

I feel bad, really bad. I cannot believe that it has been 3 months since I have last updated. I feel horrible.

Every time that I would sit down and write, I got called away to do something else. It doesn't help matters that I got a brand new car. I love just driving it around. But with the price of gas, I've been trying to pick up extra hours at work. There go my weekends.

This chapter I find horrible. I couldn't think of anything else to put into it. You could say that it is a filler chapter. Next chapter we are back to Lily and then… well you will find out!

I am really sorry that is so short too! Gosh this makes me feel worse!

I really hope you all can forgive me. Maybe I'll post another chapter in a couple of weeks… Will that make it all better?

Please read and review!

"We could turn him into a toad," Sirius suggested.

"Yeah, and the only way he could be human again would be for someone to kiss him. Who would want to kiss an ugly toad?" Peter added.

"Come on guys, think logically, not out of a fairytale," Remus said slightly annoyed.

"We gave you a good idea, but you decided against it," James replied.

"I will not attack him when I transform!"

"You are such a party pooper. If our ideas are not good enough for you, then you think of one," Sirius retorted.

"Fine. If there was a way that we could get together with Lily and her family, then we could possibly have James and Lily flirt with each other."

"I like the sound of that!" James said smirking.

"Whoa boy, control your hormones," Sirius chuckled.

"But how is that supposed to get Lily and Severus unengaged?" Peter asked.

"Good question. As much as I would love to flirt with Lily and make Snape jealous, I would like to actually have a chance with her."

"Well, I was about to get there before I was rudely interrupted," Remus said as her glared at James. "Anyway, James and Lily will flirt with each other. Hopefully her parents will see how well you guys are together. And if we are really lucky the flirting might drive Snape to violence."

Three pairs of eyes stared at Remus in shock. They knew that Remus was bright but evidently that was an understatement.

James finally cleared his throat, "Remus, you have got to be the most brilliant best mate ever created!"

Remus smirked and gave a little bow, "Why thank you, you kind sir."

Sirius and James started to laugh while Peter went to find a drink.

"Now all that we need to do is get Lily's parents to agree to let us come over."

"Four teenage boys hanging around with their little girl. Yeah, I don't think that that will go over to well," said a disappointed James.

"Five, if you count Snape," Remus added quietly.

"Gross. Do you think we would have to share a room with that thing?" Sirius asked in disgust.

"Who knows, we haven't even gotten a reply back from Lily."

"Looks like we will have it soon," Remus said as he looked out the front window.

Lily's bird was just as smart as she was. It dodged all of the trees, which made Peter's owl look like a dimwit.

When the owl finally reached the window, it stuck out its leg with the letter attached. Remus was the first one to notice that it was not Lily's handwriting.

"Who do you think it is from?" Peter asked with a mouthful of food.

"Well it has to be someone from her family, because the used her owl," Remus the smart one pointed out.

"Let's read it. Please!" Sirius begged.

"Fine, but I want to read it out loud," James said as he snatched the letter out of Remus' hands.

Dear Remus,

I believe that we have met a couple of times. My name is Eric Evans, Lily's father.

Lily is sleeping right now so she has no idea that I sent you this letter. Please keep it that way. I want what I have planned to be a surprise.

My daughter has just finished telling me about what her former best friend did. I have never seen her so upset. She was screaming and crying so much that I had no idea what to do.

I don't want the monster anywhere near her, but unfortunately we made arrangements so he could be here all summer. Oh, and speaking of monsters, Remus I am very grateful that you are thinking of Lily's safety above everything else. But in this case it is not necessary. We have and underground safe house that you can use when you transform.

No, Lily did not tell me about your condition. It was just Lily has been reading lots of werewolf books and your 'Furry Little Problem' statement confirmed my suspicions. Please done be mad at her, and friends of Lily's, no matter what they are, are friends of mine.

Anyway, back to the point, I don't want him near my daughter. My wife, Rose, will never change her mind unless we could find someone else that she would possible consider as a future son-in-law. The good thing is that we have till the beginning of your seventh year before Lily has to sign the contract.

My idea to get Rose's head on straight was for the four of you to come over for the summer.

It would all be very simple. You should come over as soon as possible. We will be staying at the house for half of the summer and then we will go to our beach house for the rest.

Don't worry about my wife; I will take care of her. Just please do whatever you can to keep him away form Lily.

Eric.

"Wow…"

"That was…"

"Totally unexpected!"

Realization dawned on James and he jumped up and started to whoop. "I get to flirt with Lily!"