Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blood and Chocolate by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blood and Chocolate

Angel 737

Hello!

I know, I know. I still haven't updated my other stories. But this one I just have to do! It is based off one of my favorite books… actually it basically is my favorite book, just with different characters! If anyone has read the book please let me know!

One more thing, they live in the states because I don't know anything in England! :]

My first Harry and Hermione fic. Never thought that it would like this!

I really hope that you read and review!

Thanks again!

Flames shot high, turning the night lurid with carnival lights. Sparks took the place of stars. The century old inn was a silhouette fronting hell, as everything Hermione knew was consumed by fire.

Two figures broke from the smashed front door and ran towards the woods where she stood, their nightclothes smeared with soot, their faces white with terror. The person who pushed them out disappeared once more inside. Another window exploded.

Three of the cottages were in flames, too, and the barn. Horses screamed in terror as they were chased from the stables by a handful of teenage boys.

In the West Virginia hills, miles from the nearest town, they didn't expect a fire engine to arrive.

Somewhere behind her a woman wailed and wailed. "They did it on purpose. They burned us out."

"Get her into one of the trucks," a male voice yelled. "I'm bringing the car around."

"Watch out for snipers," a female voice called back. "They might be waiting to pick us off as we leave."

"Head for Maryland," Hermione heard her mother say. "We'll meet at Dumbledore's."

Hermione felt a tug on her arm. Her mother, Diane, stood panting beside her. " I put Aunt Trelawney in my car. Where's your father?" Now that she stood alone with her daughter, her voice rose high in panic.

"He went back in," Vivian answered, her words roughened by smoke and tears. "With Harry and Oliver."

"John!" Diane started toward the building and Hermione grabbed her and held on tight. "No! You both can't be in there. I can't stand it."

Diane fought to get away, but at sixteen, Hermione was her match. "You can's stop him," Hermione said. "He swore to protect the pack."

"But I need to be beside him," Diane begged. "They are my people, too."

What have I done? Hermione thought. If only she had stopped the boys this might not have happened. If only she had told her father they were out of control.

Figures came around the side of the house. Oliver led a slight young woman not much older than Hermione. Harry held a shrieking bundle in his arms.

The fire roared its victory; then, with a crack as if a giant's spine had snapped, a central beam gave way, and the roof collapsed in a peacock tail of sparks and flame.

"Daddy!" Hermione screamed.

But it was too late.

This is just the epilogue.

What do you think??

Please review!