Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blood and Chocolate by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blood and Chocolate

Angel 737

The days passed and no one heard from Alice. It was like she mysteriously disappeared from the pack. She stayed locked in her house and wouldn't open the door for anyone. Neville didn't even like to go home. Every night he would show up on someone else's doorstep.

Hermione felt awful, it was her fault that Neville was currently sleeping on their couch. If I would have just kept my mouth shut none of this would have happened. On the other hand they could have gone on another run. Who knows what could have happened then.

A loud bang echoed throughout the house. Hermione ran from her room and down the stairs. She peeked into the living room; Neville was still asleep. Figures. She opened the door and the pack barged in. A chorus of `Did you see her?' and `She looks horrible!' went around the room.

"Who are you talking about?" Hermione whispered.

"Alice," Lucius sneered. He had a cut running from his mouth to his ear. It appeared a few hours after Hermione had talked to Harry. However, it was never confirmed where he had gotten it.

"Can we do this tomorrow? My mum is working late; she'd be heartbroken if she missed this." The packed looked at Hermione as if she was crazy. Fine. She won't be heartbroken, but I'm tired!

"Hermione, the Ordeal is taking place tomorrow. There will not be time." Oliver announced. The Ordeal is tomorrow? It's not possible!

"If the Ordeal is tomorrow, then we all need our sleep." Hermione's head whipped around. When did Neville wake up? He began to usher them out and with Hermione's help, they succeeded. Once everyone was in the yard she turned around and gasped at what she saw.

Harry was leaning against the porch railing. His mouth was set in a grimace. His voice was slow and deliberate. "Running with Alice is not in your best interest right now." His eyes darted to everyone that ran with her before. With a slight smirk, he turned and walked into Hermione's house. The pack scattered.

*~*

Hermione walked into the kitchen to get something to drink. She stopped at the chair that Harry was sitting at. She let her fingers run through his hair. "Do you want some hot chocolate?" He moaned an affirmative.

After taking a mug out to Neville, she sat Harry's down in front of him. His head was in his hands and he wasn't moving a muscle. He looked tense. She began to play with his hair again. "Harry?" No answer. "Harry?" Still no answer.

She kneeled down beside him and grabbed his arm. "Harry, look at me."

He brought his head out of his hands and stared at her, not speaking, not blinking. She stared right back. After a couple of minutes of silence, she huffed in annoyance. She made a move to leave the room, when Harry grabbed her by the shoulders and pushed her back against the table. A low growl escaped his mouth as it descended upon hers.

The kiss was soft and slow but their hunger was building. His hand moved to her hair as the other moved to her waist. Her hands wrapped around his neck, pulling them closer together. Harry's tongue stroked her bottom lip, making her moan.

A crash made them jump apart. Standing in the doorway was Neville. His mug of hot chocolate lay broken at his feet. "I just wanted some marshmallows," He squeaked

*~*

Harry was sitting on the arm of an overstuffed armchair, a smirk playing on his lips. Neville was lying on the couch, a confused look on his face. "So let me get this straight," he began, "you've liked Mione for awhile now but you were to scared to do anything about it-"

"I was not scared!"

"You said that you teased her a couple of times, why didn't you say anything then? You were so scared!"

"I was not scared; she just didn't give me the response that I was looking for."

"What was that? Did you want her to jump you?" Neville cried. Harry turned his head and looked out the window; a slight blush was creeping up his neck and settling on his cheeks. "You did, you wanted her to jump you! Ha, wait until I tell her! Oh, let me guess, she gave some kind of response tonight so you decided to jump her! Am I right? Tell me I'm right!"

Harry stood up and began pacing around the room. "You are…completely ridiculous! I cannot believe I told you all this. Why did I tell you this?"

"I'm a good listener?" Neville suggested. Harry stopped pacing and raised an eyebrow at him. "Fine, I don't know why you are telling me this but if it helps I won't tell anyone. Not even Mione."

Harry plopped down into the chair, "Thanks."

"Are you going to tell me why you jumped her?"

"I didn't jump her!" Harry cried hysterically.

Neville let out a low chuckle, "Then what happened?"

Harry sighed, "I'm… I'm nervous about tomorrow. I know I shouldn't be but I am. How many people in the pack hate me? How many of those people will deliberately take me out? I wanted to kiss her before I die."

"You are not going to die. You're strong and smart, you'll pull through."

"I hope you're right," Harry said as he made his way to the door.

*~*

The hot chocolate finally made it through his system and he had to go, bad. Neville ran up the stairs, almost tripping over a big bundle of blankets at the top. Peering inside the blankets he saw a sleeping messy haired girl with a smile on her face.

*~* *~* *~*

Disclaimer: Nope, none of it is mine.

Hey all! How's life treating you? Mine is getting better, hooray!

Sorry if there are any mistakes! I tried my best! It might also be a little blah, but I'm tired!

I know it is extremely short but you got major Harry/Hermione! Next chapter will hopefully be the Ordeal… exciting right?

Just to clear up the ending. Hermione was sitting at the top of the steps listening to everything that the boys said. :]

I just finished watching the movie, Blood and Chocolate. I hated it. Maybe if I would have watched it before I read the book I might feel different but I don't think so. It was horrible! Both of her parents dying in the fire? Astrid is her aunt? Rafe is Astrid and Gabriel's son? Horrible I tell you! And did anybody else notice how Vivian's tattoo was there in one scene and it never appeared again? I cringed when Aiden pulled the necklace off of Rafe… Ewww! I could keep going but I think I'll stop.

You can thank the horrible movie for this update. I needed to prove to my readers that this story will never turn out like that!

I can't believe that this story is already at 99 reviews! I think I might cry!

Quick question, for those of you that have read the book, was this chapter better? It didn't follow the book too much, did it?

I'm hoping to update again soon!

Angel 737

-->