Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blood and Chocolate by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blood and Chocolate

Angel 737

Hello again.

I hope that you all had a good Easter Holiday. Mine was…bad. I wont even start to explain it otherwise that will be the whole chapter!

Anyway on with the story.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything. It belongs to Rowling and Annette Curtis Klause.

That week Hermione was on one of her highs. She couldn't tell if it was from her new friends or the upcoming Midsummer Moon. Each night she would run for joy, excited for what the new day would bring.

She came to school earlier than normal so she would have more time to spend with them.

Ron had a job after school so she couldn't hang out with him, but he would call her in the evenings, and it turned out they had a lot to talk about.

Hermione was reluctant to answer his questions about her family at first, but before long she revealed that her father had died in a horrible fire, and that she never got along with her mother. He seemed sweet, but he made fun of the things that she cared about. Although he wanted to know about her interest, he zoned out whenever she started talking about them. She was still grateful that she had someone to talk to. At least he pretended to listen, unlike the pack. However, she was sure that there was one person in the pack that would actually listen. Harry.

Flashback

With a laugh Hermione had jumped out of Ron's car and made her way to the front door. Leaning against it and digging into her purse for the key, she felt someone come up behind her. Two hands began to make slow circles on her lower back, causing her breath to hitch. Turning slowly, with her eyes closes, she grabbed his hands.

"What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for you," Harry said with a husky voice. Hermione shivered. Harry raised his hands and rubbed them up and down her arms, assuming that she was cold from the chilly night. "I heard that you were with the human."

She sighed, "You heard correct."

Harry stepped closer to her. "Mione, I know how you feel. I was with a human once myself. They don't understand what we are. They may seem fascinated with things unknown, but once they know of them, it freaks them out. You need to be careful."

"I am careful, plus I am just getting back at the Five."

"Are you getting back at me, too?" he asked quietly.

Hermione looked away. How was he always able to read her thoughts? Sure, she hoped he would get jealous but she didn't want him to find out about it.

He gently cupped her cheek and turned her face back to him. "I thought so." His thumb softly moved across her lips. His head bent down and he gave her a quick peck. "Just be careful," Harry said as he walked away.

She leaned back against the door, putting her fingers to her lips. Her whole body hummed with pleasure by just a simple kiss. She had never seen him act that way before. She expected him to rip off her head for even talking to a meat-boy. But he didn't, he understood. He would listen.

Hermione smiled, remembering how when she opened the door, her mother had a fit. Diane knew that someone was on the deck with her daughter; assuming that it was the human she blew a gasket. Forbidding Hermione to ever see him again. Hermione had smirked then, and headed up to her room.

The gigglers walked by, breaking her out of her thoughts. Lavender stopped showing up at lunch, and took the gigglers wherever it was that she went.

"There is going to be a party at Loony's house on Saturday," Ron said as he came up beside her. "Her parents are away. It will be wild."

"I like wild."

But that night, when she flung herself on her bed and looked out at the sky, she realized that the moon would be full on Saturday. There was no way she could go to that party with Ron. The hair prickled on her arms. She climbed out onto the porch roof, leaped to the yard, changing in midair.

The nearer the moon the quicker the change, the less control. A loup-garou must change no matter what. Saturday, Hermione thought in dismay. She loved hanging out with her new friends. Cedric was a blast, Seamus was hilarious. Loony was her best female friend. And Ron was her best male friend, even if he thought that they were more.

Before dawn, Hermione stretched into her human form amid the weeds. She yawned. It was time for a nap before school.

The tall grass rustled, but there was no wind. Hermione's eyes narrowed. She sniffed the air, the musky smell of her kind made her hair go flat.

"Hermione," a harsh voice whispered. Draco crawled from his hidden nest. "I've been waiting for you. I miss you."

"You see me."

"Not like before."

"We grew apart. You know." They had been through this a million times already.

"I don't understand you, Hermione."

"You sound like my mother."

Draco stuck his face in hers. "You broke up with me because of the girl I killed to get Dean out of jail," he snarled. "But I bet if you got a sniff of human blood you'd get your muzzle wet."

She jerked away. "We should stay as far away from humans as possible when we change."

"They are ours to hunt," Draco said. "Dean knew. He couldn't hold back any longer. We were losing our balls in West Virginia, Hermione."

"You can hold tight to your balls and twist," she sneered. How many of the pack yearned to hunt like the Five? How long do we have until we are destroyed?

***

"I'm grounded," Hermione told Ron at lunchtime. The idea that someone could limit her freedom was mortifying, but the excuse was something Ron could understand.

"Grounded?" He looked at her in amazement. "What did you do?"

"Stayed out all night with my cousins smoking dope." she said smirking.

He chuckled, "Your not going to tell me the real reason, are you?"

"Nope."

"How long?"

"Until I can talk my mother out of it, usually takes a week."

Ron's eyes lowered. "I guess the party tomorrow night is off?"

"Never mind," Ron said pulling her close. "When you're sprung, we'll have our own party."

He was gullible. That irked her. But she gave him no reason not to trust her.

Ronald drove her home, talking the whole way. Diane wasn't home so they went into the backyard and sat on the bench.

"Which is your room?" Ron asked.

Hermione pointed to her window and he sighed loudly.

"I'll miss you tomorrow," he said. There were wrinkles at the corners of his eyes when he smiled.

"What made you write about werewolves?

Ron shrugged. "I like that stuff. Witches, vampires, werewolves. It's exciting."

"Why's that?"

"I don't know. I never thought about it. Because I want to be like them? I don't want to be like everybody else." He carefully let an ant crawl onto his wrist.

Hermione laughed. Any one of the Five would have crushed the bug. "I don't think you would make a good werewolf."

"Sure I would." He grabbed her hand and bit her fingers. She tried to pull away but he bit harder.

Hoots filled the woods behind them.

"What is that?" Ron asked, letting go of her hand.

"My cousins. I have to go in now. I promised I wouldn't talk to them while I'm grounded. They've only come to screw around and piss off my mother."

"Some family," he said, and tried to kiss her.

She pushed him away. "Go, go, go. They'll get you in trouble.

***

Saturday evening took forever.

"Come with us," Diane begged. Most of the pack were going up to the park to run.

"Not this time," Hermione said. She wanted to be alone. There would be fights. They would call if playing but they would be testing each other, seeing who had what it took for the Ordeal. She didn't like fights.

Fireflies flickered outside her window; the voices of the dusk grew loud. The fine hairs on her neck rose, eager for the change.

There was muffled laughter in the yard below. What now? A chorus of ragged voices split the air, drowning the insect's song. "Ahwoo! Ahwoo!"

She stuck her head out the window. "Stop howling."

The howling dissolved into more laughter.

"Come out and run with us, Hermione," George called.

"No way," she called back. She climbed onto the roof and looked down. Fred appeared disgusted as George wrung his hands dramatically. Ulf was fidgeting as usual, hopping from foot to foot as if he wanted to pee. Lee grinned brightly; his teeth already pointed. "Come on, Mione. We are going to have a great time."

Draco beckoned with a claw. "The moon feels good on your back, Mione."

Hermione could feel the wolf inside her uncurling, but she laughed derisively. "It's not the moon you picture on my back. Go visit your sluts and see what they think of you with your fur on. They probably wont notice the difference."

George looked up with huge, disappointed eyes. "Aw, Mione. You never come anymore. The rabbits are getting sassy. One poked its tongue out at me the other day."

She softened slightly. She and George used to have the best time rabbit hunting. "Anther time, okay, George?"

Draco put his arm around Lee's shoulders. "Come on then. That bitch is too stuck up to hang with us. She prefers meat-boys. Didn't your mother tell your not to play with your food?" he yelled at her.

George shot her an apologetic look, and lee blew her a kiss. Fred nudged Neville in the rear with a boot, making him squeak.

She sat down on the porch roof, allowing them plenty of time to leave. A pleasant hum coursed through her. The night began to look different. She lay back to enjoy the stars.

She already felt the beginning creak of bones reforming. She would have to leave soon. She couldn't change on the roof. What would the neighbors think?

As if on cue, she smelled the odor of a human. There was noise down were the drainpipe emptied. She rose to a crouch. Someone was climbing the pipe.

Burglar? The lights were off, the truck was gone. Possible.

Hermione crept to the edge of the roof, keeping low. Her eyes narrowed, her claws grew, and her smile was thin and vicious. Burglar Bill would take some stripes home.

She lifted her hand to strike as a head rose over the top.

"You!" she snatched her hand back.

"Bloody hell! Hermione, you scared the piss out of me."

Ron pulled himself over the gutter and onto the roof.

Ha! It just wouldn't be Ron without the 'Bloody Hell.' That is my favorite line that he says.

I'm sorry if there are any mistakes. I typed this really fast because I am not sure when I will have more time.

Some of this is from the book. But can you guess what I wrote??

I plan on reading the book again in the next week and think of more ideas that I can fit in.

I really appreciate all the reviews I am getting from this story. It really makes my day.

Thanks again!

Angel 737