Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blood and Chocolate by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blood and Chocolate

Angel 737

Wow. What a week! I am so glad that I found time to squeeze this in. I hope that there aren't to many mistakes.

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

"You are not wearing that dress, are you?" Diane demanded.

Hermione looked down at the slinky yellow sundress that sheathed her. "Yeah. Why not?"

"Don't you think that it is a bit small?"

"It's supposed to fit like this. Plus it is hot out." The soft cotton dress clung to every curve as she crossed the dining room.

"It damn well will be, with you wearing that," Diane said. "I don't want you to give that boy ideas, not a meat boy."

"And you never give anyone ideas?" Hermione answered.

Diane looked as if she was about to grow claws. "Where did you get that ridiculous dress?" she asked.

"Your closet, Mum." Hermione grabbed her purse and headed for the door. She imagined with pleasure her mother inside, fuming. Diane wouldn't follow her, Hermione knew. She would pretend that Hermione didn't bother her at all.

She began walking into town, completely lost in her thoughts. What if I can't act normal with one of them? What if he gets to close and I bite him? She debated going back, but she couldn't face Diane's smug look.

A loud horn blared behind her. She jumped out of the way just a blue sports car came speeding down the road. The driver yelled an obscene sentence out the window. With a snarl Hermione gave him the finger.

Two other cars came down the road in the next eleven minutes. Each time she held her breath waiting to jump the next person that screamed at her. A moment later a small beep came from an old turquoise car. It came to a stop beside her and the figure took off his sunglasses. Ronald stared back at her.

"I though I was picking you up at your house?"

Shit! What if he talked to Diane? What would she have told him? Did he run into the Five or anyone else from the pack?

"Sorry. My Mum was jumping down my throat. I had to get out of there."

Why was it so easy to lie to him? She wondered. Not that I would actually tell him the truth. But I never lied to someone so much in my life.

A smile was spread across his face. "Don't just stand there, hop in."

She smiled slowly and walked to the passenger side. The car smelled of bananas and plastic. On the floor was a book titled Witchcraft for Tomorrow. The seat groaned as it swallowed her, and her dress rode high. She wondered how she would ever get out gracefully. The look on Ronald's face as he gazed dreamily at her legs made her realize that he hoped she didn't figure out how.

"Are we leaving?" she croaked. Her throat was suddenly dry, her breath was shallow. With a start she realized that she was scared.

He blinked and paid attention to the wheel. "We have to pick up Cedric," he said. She swallowed a sigh of relief and relaxed into the seat.

Cedric lived in a brick house near the school. Hermione had to get out so he could jam himself in the back seat. She hid her smile when he blushed at her leggy exit. She listened to Ronald and Cedric yelling back and forth above the roar of the engine. She tried to imagine what was in store for her this afternoon.

The parking lots to the university were full. Ronald finally found a spot on a field. He took her hand, pretending to be casual, although she could smell that he was anything but calm. They wound their way threw the group of people.

"There's Lav," Cedric yelled over the music to their left. "Lav-en-DER!" he boomed, waving his arms above his head.

The small, blonde-haired girl waved back, and the two girls with her cheered. Hermione and the boys picked their way across the field, trying not to knock over any bottles or step on hands.

"Women!" Cedric yelled, and flung himself upon the two nameless girls.

"You remember Hermione, don't you?" Ronald asked Lavender.

"Yeah," she answered, not even bothering to look at Hermione.

Another girl, a blonde with outrageous earrings, arrived with the guy Hermione recognized as Seamus.

"Give me a beer," she demanded as she got close enough to kiss Ronald on the forehead.

"Merlin, Loony, you are going to get us thrown out of here," Seamus complained. Hermione didn't know if Loony was the girl or the person that handed her the beer

"Loony!" Ronald yelled as she gulped down the drink.

Loony smirked and finally noticed Hermione. "Hey, new girl. I'm Luna Lovegood but my friends call me Loony."

Hermione raised a hand and said "Hi."

"Do you go to school here?" one of the giggling girls asked.

"Yeah, she does," answered the boy behind her. Hermione was surprised that he even knew her.

"Who do you hang with?" the girl asked.

"No one really," Hermione answered.

"I've seen you with those hard core types down by the park." Lavender sneered.

"You mean the Five," Hermione answered, unwilling to disown them, no matter how she felt about them right now.

"Is that what they call themselves?" Kelly laughed.

"It is what my family calls them. They grew up together."

"You're related to them?" Lavender asked shocked.

"They're cousins, sort of."

"Oh, they are so cute," said the other giggler. "I like the one with the beard."

"Stay away from him; he bites."

The girls giggled louder and then Lavender stood up. "We're going to the bathroom." All of the meat-girls followed her obediently; she was head bitch.

"Coming?" Loony called over her shoulder.

Hermione shook her head. I piss when I please.

The music began to play, the tunes were light, and full of love and dreams, totally different from the music the Five played. But this music was good. There was a sweet yearning about it. She let the music take her, so she could be one with something of a while, instead of an outsider looking in.

The sun was warm on her back and she sucked the warmth up like light. Ronald's hand slid across her neck. She turned to him and met his eyes.

"What red lips you have," he said in her ear.

Did she dare say it? With a small smile she turned back to the music.

With a chuckle he said, "Your are suppose to say: all the better to kiss you with." He tilted her head and kissed her.

He was gentle. She hadn't expected that. When his tongue flicked her lips she pulled back.

His eyes were shy beneath his lashes, his lips curved with delight and desire, desire she didn't necessarily want.

She looked around at the excited faces. They were different. He was different. She realized she didn't know their rules.

Ronald began to sway. He pulled Hermione against him, not noticing her tense. She didn't want this, not now. Maybe this was a bad idea.

This is the last time. No more dates. I can't do it.

The crowed was cheering and his lips somehow found hers again. His eyes were closed. He enjoyed her taste. That would be good if she felt the same. But as she looked around she saw familiar figures on the hill above- the Five.

This wasn't their music, far from it; they were spying on her. A surge of anger went through her body. And for the second time that day, her finger made that unmistakable gesture. Then her fingers curled in Ronald's hair as she kissed him back.

This chapter was hell to write. That is why it is so short. I absolutely hate it. I just hope that you guys don't…

Anything you don't like just tell me and I can try to fix it.

Sorry if there are any mistakes.

Thanks to all who have reviewed and to who soon will.

Angel 737