Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blood and Chocolate by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blood and Chocolate

Angel 737

Ha! I am so happy right now! I am currently sick but I just had a really good day! Hopefully this will make yours a good one too!

Disclaimer: I do not own this. As much I would like to say that I do, I can't.

They were always at parties, or at the movies, or hanging out with their friends. But a week ago, Ronald had taken her to meet his parents. They didn't seem to like her much.

"I need to use the bathroom," Hermione explained.

"Ronald, show Hermione the rest room in the basement, will you, so she doesn't get lost upstairs," Mrs. Weasley said.

To keep me away from his bedroom, you mean.

Ronald took Hermione through a door into a workroom. Guns hung on the walsl and a workbench was scattered with parts and tools.

"Dads hobby," Ron explained. "He collects and repairs antique guns. He makes his own bullets for some of them."

"Isn't that hard?"

Ron shook his head. "No. He taught me."

Hermione looked surprised. "I didn't think you were into guns."

"I'm not. That was a long time ago. He used to take me out hunting," Ron said. "You know, like a `real American' father and son are supposed to do. I hated it. There should be more to being with your father than going out and killing something together."

Hermione didn't speak. She would give anything o be able to go out and kill something with her father again. This made her feel sadly distant from Ronald. She removed her hand from his. "I'll meet you back outside."

"Oh, yeah. The bathroom. Over there." He pointed to a door near the stairs.

Coming out of the bathroom, Hermione heard voices upstairs from the direction of the kitchen.

"She seems rather sophisticated for Ronald, don't you think?" said Mrs. Weasley.

"She does seem mature."

"You better have a talk with that boy."

Hermione heard the sound of a screen door closing. Have a talk with him about what? What had she done wrong? Why did Mrs. Weasley not want a girl for her son?

The rest of the visit was ruined for Hermione.

"Your parents don't like me," she said on the way home.

"That's a good sign. They don't like any of the people I care about."

But it wasn't only his parents.

Hermione took a deep breath. "People weren't friendly at school, either. Is there something wrong with me?"

"God, no!"

Ronald didn't say anything else for a while, but just when she though he had nothing to add to the topic he spoke. "You're, like, so beautiful and cool and sure of yourself, I think the kids at school were frightened of you."

"Frightened of me?" Hermione laughed with surprise. These people didn't have enough sense to know what to be frightened of. She could show them frightening.

"Well, you know," Ronald continued. "Afraid that maybe you wouldn't tolerate lesser mortals, so why bother."

"So are you afraid of me?

"Terrified," he said as he reached for her.

Hermione stopped him with a gentle touch. "Why weren't you like the others? Why didn't you freeze me out when I talked to you the first time?"

"Curiosity, I suppose."

"Curiosity?"

"Yeah. Listen, I have to go on vacation with my parents. I thought I could get out of it. I'll miss you."

"And my birthday." His face turned pale and he reached for her again, only this time in a sign of apology. "Never mind, bring me back a shell or something."

"I'll be back just in time for the Fourth of July. We'll go see the fireworks at the park. I bet someone's having a party."

Someone was always having a party.

Apparently there wasn't to be a birthday fuss this year. Hermione found presents from Dumbledore on the kitchen table with a note explaining he would be out late and, after tossing her own contribution down, Diane went off humming to talk on the phone for hours. Once her birthday had been celebrated by all the pack.

At eight that evening the doorbell rang. "Go answer it. It's my date." Diane called from upstairs.

Great, she is leaving me alone on my birthday.

But when she opened the door the Five surged in. They swept her back to the living room with hugs and licks and love bites and cries of "Happy birthday!" Lee was carrying a big paper back stuffed with packages.

Diane ran down the stairs, giggling. "A woman should have plenty of men around on her birthday."

The doorbell rang again and Diane went to answer it this time. She came back with Harry.

Oh, I get it. Bring your own babe. Flirt with him all you like, I don't care. I am not going to get flustered around him. Go have your fun, Mum.

But Diane looked surprised. She swept her hair back. "Harry." Her voice was suddenly husky. "Come to take me somewhere good?"

"Actually I came to wish Hermione a happy birthday."

"How nice," Diane said, dropping the purr.

Hermione smirked, "Kissing babies?"

"I'd hardly call you a baby," he replied, looking her over with a grin.

Diane ran to the kitchen and came back with a six pack of Coke and two bags of chips, which she dumped on the coffee table. That was her idea of being a good hostess.

Draco rolled his eyes when Hermione passed him a Coke. He took a big gulp; then, as soon as he thought Diane and Harry weren't looking, he took a small flask from his back pocket and added it to the can. Lee dumped the contents of the bag onto the table.

While Diane exclaimed over the tumbled pile of gift, Neville fidgeted and nudged till Draco handed him the flask. Harry saw this time. He didn't say anything but his lips rose in a snarl. Draco glowered back, but put the flask away

"Aren't you going to open your presents?" Fred asked.

Hermione gave in and picked up a parcel. Inside she found a lacy slip. "Don't tell me you went shoplifting at Victoria's Secret." Diane and the boys howled with laughter as Hermione opened box after box of gauzy underwear.

"Try them on," George urged.

"Yeah, we want to make sure they fit," Fred said, grabbing them from his twin.

"In your dreams wolf boy."

The smirk on Harry's face at her words made her sigh. He had an amazing smile. But why was he here? He made an appearance. Why didn't he leave?

As much as she wanted him to stay she couldn't stand watching her mother throw herself at him. So she deliberately tried to make him feel he didn't belong by ignoring him and kissing the Five thank you. She danced with all of them except Harry.

Diane glowed with contentment. She didn't even seem to be disappointed when Harry only danced with her once.

Later, Hermione was washing some glassed in the sink when she felt someone behind her. Arms snaked around her. Hands came to rest right below her breasts. She recognized the small skull and snake tattoo on his left arm.

"Get off, Draco."

"Come on. You love it."

"Like hell."

"I don't see you running," he said, and she felt his hot breath on her neck and his teeth testing her flesh.

Hermione put the glass down. She twisted slowly around into his accommodating arms, face to face with his arrogant leer.

His grin widened. "I knew it."

She smiled back at him. Her hand traveled up his thigh and his eyes grew dark with lust.

That was when she grabbed his crotch and squeezed.

"Ahwoooo!" he yanked at her wrist with both hands.

"Ah, come on. You love it," she said, gripping tighter.

"Let me go!"

Diane called from the living room. "What's going on?"

Hermione glanced at the door. She was startled to see Harry standing there. His eyes sparkled with laughter and his teeth gleamed white.

Hermione released Draco. "Nothing, Mum. Just fooling around. Right, Draco?"

Draco didn't say anything. He turned and sucked in a whimper of embarrassed rage when he saw Harry. He stalked out of the kitchen, his face clenched in anger.

"You can take care of yourself," Harry said, nodding in appreciation.

Hermione stood on her tip toes and whispered into his ear, "Don't you forget it."

The Fives continual bickering and jostling for rank got on her nerves. It was a relief to pick up the phone one day and hear Ronald's voice

"Ready for fireworks?" he asked.

It was still light when Ron arrived the next evening.

"I missed you," he said, and handed her a small package.

Hermione turned it over and over in her hands. How exquisite and full of promise it was.

"You're supposed to open it."

She peeled off the paper, then opened the box and found a sparkling silver pentagram on a silver chain.

Hermione was speechless for a moment; then she burst into laughter. He had given her silver.

When paired with wolf-kind blood, silver burned through flesh like acid, doing more damage than even her people's amazing powers of healing could stop. That was why silver bullets were often fatal no matter where or how slight the wound. Silver was safe enough to wear as long as it didn't tough an open wound, but among her kind fights were common. Wolf-kind preferred to wear gold, just in case.

Ronald had given her a double-edged gift: the sign of her people made out of poison.

Ron looked mystified by her laughter, then hurt.

"You don't like it."

I could wear it when I am around him. That seemed safe enough. "Yes, I do like it. It is more perfect than I could ever tell you."

Because I, too, have a double edge. And you should run from me as fast as your legs can carry you.

Yup, that's it. I hope you liked it. The flashback at the beginning was a whole chapter in the book. Way to short and I didn't want to bore you with Ron…

I hope that it was okay.

Sorry for any mistakes. I checked it over to the best of my ability!

I am currently on a Draco/Hermione fix. Fanfiction.net has amazing Draco and Hermione fics. If you haven't gone there, you should really check it out!

Please leave your thoughts in a review.

Angel 737

-->