Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blood and Chocolate by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blood and Chocolate

Angel 737

Hermione sat on a rock by the river later that night. Thoughts were roaming through her head, making it impossible for her to sleep. The wind was blowing her hair in every direction. The moon was reflecting off the water. He asked me to come back to his house… I'm not ready for that, not with him. He seem so sad when I said no, I really should distance myself from him. I could tell him I'm not normal, that I have some kind of disease. Being a loup-garou is not a disease! What is wrong wit-

A howl echoed through the trees followed by more. The smaller rocks beside her began to tremble with vibrations. The sound of paws hitting the ground made Hermione shiver. Their smell filled the air. Alice was in the lead followed by Lucius, Draco's father. Draco and the rest of the Five were there, along with so many others.

Someone could get hurt. We could get exposed. What the hell are they thinking?

Hermione jumped off the rock and ran back to her home.

-_-

"I can't tell Harry!" Hermione screamed.

Hermione just finished telling Dumbledore and Diane what she had seen. She needed to tell someone but didn't expect to break the news to the forbidding man. If Harry found out that someone was threatening the pack, he would snap. She just happened to be the poor unfortunate soul that had to give him that dreadful information.

Dumbledore paced the room. He ran a hand through his thinning white hair. "What do you want me to do?"

"Kick Alice out of the pack! She's going to ruin everything that we've worked so hard to achieve!"

"I am not the leader, I cannot do anything."

"Harry isn't the leader either."

"But he is going to be."

"How can you be so sure of that? The Ordeal hasn't even started. Why does everyone think that he will be our leader?" Hermione cried bitterly.

"He's strong; he'll be able to protect the pack. He may be young but he has seen things that even I haven't." Dumbledore said with a sad twinkle in his eyes.

"I don't care if he's brawny, burly, or made if iron; we need a leader with a mind! Like my father."

A wistful smile grew on the old man's face. "He may not be as smart as John, but with you as his mate that might just change."

Diane, who had been quiet through the whole exchange, jumped up and bellowed, "Mate? Why would he want her as his mate?"

Dumbledore rolled his eyes and gave a soft chuckle.

-_-

Aunt Trelawney called the next morning and said that Harry would be at the Hog's Head later that night. Maybe the lady wasn't on crack after all.

Hermione stood outside the bar, tapping her foot to the music coming from a nearby car. The door swung open and a lumpish man stepped out. He was wearing all black, tattoos going up and down both his arms.

He stopped when he saw her, grinned, and walked up beside her. His skull earring glittering precariously. "What's a pretty girl like you doing out here all by yourself? Come on, I'll by you a drink."

"No thanks."

"Fine by me. We can skip the small talk and you could just kiss me." He leered.

Hermione glared at him, "I'd rather kiss a giant squid."

The man stepped closer so he was hovering over her. His fist was clench so hard it was turning white. Hermione could feel the first stage of the change coming. Fight it. Just throw a few punches, knock him off his feet.

"I see you've met Mione." Harry's angry growl came out of nowhere.

The potbellied man froze; a stricken look appeared upon his face. "Hey Harry. You know her? I was just going to get her a drink."

"Yeah, she's my…" Harry shot a glance at Hermione. His smoldering green eyes were dark. "She's my cousin. Talk to you later, Goyle." He grabbed Hermione's are and wheeled her away from the man named Goyle.

"I could have handled it," Hermione growled.

Harry laughed, "I know, honey. But Dumbledore said you have something to tell me. So what's up cuz?" Her head shot up and she scowled, but the glint in his eyes quickly turned to a smile.

"Alice led a run last night."

His cheek twitched. "Who was on this run?"

She listed them and when she finished there was silence. Finally Harry spoke. "Miss Longbottom might just get a little visit." He looked up and caught Hermione's eye. His beautiful green eyes glowed red.

What have I done?

-_- -_- -_- -_-

Disclaimer: I own absolutely positively nothing! Isn't that great!

* Runs behind a huge rock and peeks head out* Hey guys, I'm back! :] Miss me?

I am so sorry for this. Almost four months since I last updated and it is so short!

I had this chapter written and everything a long time ago, but I sent it to my friend's computer so she could upload it for me and well her computer is really old and apparently doesn't have the same software so she couldn't even open it. She didn't tell me it didn't work until I deleted it. I've been working on this for the past two hours.

There may be many spelling mistakes and I'm sorry.

Wow it feels good to finally be posting this! Please review guys, it would make my day!

-->