Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hermione's Baby by hphglover
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hermione's Baby

hphglover

A/N: As always, thank you so much for all of the wonderful reviews. They make my day. So happy you all liked their coming together. Here's a little more sweetness for you.

HERMIONE'S BABY

CHAPTER 8: A NEW DIRECTION

After kissing him one more time, Hermione did a quick scourgifying charm on both of them and cuddled next to him. They were both asleep in no time, twin smiles of satisfaction on their faces.

0-0

Hermione stirred slowly and blinked the sleep from her eyes. She stretched and smiled when her body protested her actions. It was a delicious sort of soreness. It reminded her of everything she had done with Harry. He had loved her a number of times throughout the night, in several different ways, and she had never been as satisfied. He had also spent the night, something she appreciated but didn't want to dwell on.

He was currently taking a shower and she was temped to join him. Her shyness was the only thing that stopped her.

Not sure what you're being so shy about after everything you did last night. I mean, seriously, Hermione, you impressed even me, and that's a tall order. If I was you, and I am, I'd go in there and scrub his back and some other parts of his anatomy. Merlin, but that man has a scrumptious arse!

Hermione's eyebrows rose after hearing the voice of her conscience. She was still randy and ready for more loving. Instead of feeling sated after a night of making passionate love with Harry, she just wanted him even more. It seemed impossible, but there it was. She had never given herself to another man as completely as she had with Harry. Maybe it was due to years of friendship and trust, but whatever had caused it, she was glad it had happened. In all honesty, she was hoping and praying that she wasn't pregnant already. She was actually hopeful it wouldn't happen for a while. It would mean putting a stop to this and she didn't want to.

Before she could make up her mind about joining him, Harry came back in the room, naked as the day he was born, towel drying his hair. His eyes were covered and she took the opportunity to admire his toned body once more. As if sensing her, he removed the towel from his head and held it at his side.

Their eyes locked and held.

"See something you like?" he smirked.

"Actually, I see something I want," she corrected cheekily.

She wasn't sure where this confident and sexy woman had sprung up from, but she was beginning to like it.

"You do, eh? Why didn't you join me in the shower, then?"

"I was about to, Mr. Potter, but you came in here instead."

"I can always take another shower, Ms. Granger. I mean, it would be gentlemanly of me to do as the lady wishes."

Hermione laughed at him. "You're no gentleman and you know it. You're just randy."

"Oh, and you're completely immune to my charms, is that it? You know you want me." The cockiness in his voice was obvious.

Hermione looked up at him and ran her eyes over his exquisite body, finally stopping at his semi-erect member.

"It looks like you're the one that wants me, Mr. Potter. Your body can't lie."

"No, it can't. However, I'm willing to bet that if I were to put my fingers between your legs, I'd find you want me back as well."

Hermione blushed at that, since it was certainly true. But once again, wanting to prove to him that she wasn't a prude, she threw the sheet back and spread her legs in invitation. His eyes darkened at her actions as he sat on the edge of the bed. His fingers graced her thigh softly, causing goose bumps to rise on her skin. She inhaled audibly when those fingers moved in-between her feminine folds and found the warm moisture gathered there.

"Just as I thought."

Before she could react, Harry picked her up, threw her over his shoulder and walked back towards the bathroom.

"Put me down, you barbarian!"

"I'll show you barbarian in just a minute, love. Be thankful today is Sunday, otherwise we would be late for work."

Hermione just giggled all the way to the bathroom.

0-0

A few weeks later, Luna was back in Hermione's office watching her carefully.

"Something's different about you."

"Whatever do you mean, Luna?"

Luna wasn't fooled by the casual question. The fact that Hermione refused to look at her confirmed her suspicions. She decided to try another route.

"How's Harry?"

"Fine, I suppose."

"You haven't seen him lately?"

"Not really."

There was a knock on her door before Luna could say anything and Harry poked his head in. When he saw Luna there, he smiled winsomely at her and said hello. Luna responded in kind. Then he turned towards Hermione and his smile warmed up.

"Hey. Do you know if I left my scarf at your place when I left this morning?"

Hermione blushed while Luna smirked.

"I think I saw it on the sofa when I left. I forgot to grab it on my way out."

"Brilliant. I'll get it when I come over later today. Don't forget we have dinner plans for six."

Hermione just nodded and Harry left after saying goodbye to them.

"So," Luna started with a big smile on her face. "You haven't seen him lately, hmm?"

"Fine, so I've seen him every day this week. Sue me."

"And you've also let him into your bed."

Hermione looked at her then.

"How in bloody hell do you even know that?"

"I didn't. You just told me."

"Argh!"

Luna laughed at her friend. "Its okay, Hermione. I'm a bit surprised, is all."

"You're not the only one, believe me. I can hardly believe it myself."

"How did this happen?"

"We were sort of arguing and one thing led to another, and we ended up sort of making love on my sofa."

Hermione was trying for a nonchalant tone, but knew she was failing miserably.

"When was this?"

"That day after we met you and Ron in the park," Hermione admitted with a blush.

"The very next day? Merlin's pants, Hermione!"

"Oh, go ahead and make me feel bad, why don't you? You were pushing for this and now you're acting all surprised. Thanks a lot, Luna!"

"No, no. I don't mean it in a bad way at all. I'm happy this is happening. Maybe you will finally realize that you are perfect for each other. All I want is for you to be happy."

"Let's not go there just yet."

"But something is happening, right? This is no longer for a procreation purpose only, is it?"

"Leave it to you to get right to the point."

"I've always been like that and I don't see myself changing anytime soon. Now, spill!"

Hermione finally gave up. There was no fighting Luna when she wanted to know something. Besides, whom else could she trust? It was time to talk to someone or the anxiety she was feeling would consume her.

"I don't even know where to start, Luna. I didn't want to involve anyone, and now my best friend is helping me get pregnant. I didn't want a relationship or a commitment and I find myself sort of dating Harry."

"Is it really all that bad? I mean, Harry loves you. You love him just as much. He's as faithful as they come; a good provider and I bet he's great in bed. He just has that look about him."

"Oh Merlin, is he good in bed! The shagging is bloody fantastic, Luna. I've never been more satisfied in my entire life. At first, I was a little afraid, since it had been quite a while for me, but he was the perfect gentleman. He took his time and made sure I was alright. He's one of those men that put a woman's pleasure ahead of their own."

"See? He's perfect for you. You two complete each other."

"I don't know how Ginny was able to let him go," Hermione wondered aloud.

"I don't mean to put my sister-in-law down, but she never had him to begin with."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't think any of you realize this just yet, and forgive me for being so blunt, but it's been Harry and you the entire time. It just took you forever to get there."

"That's bollocks," Hermione exclaimed.

"Hermione, name one time you've left Harry's side since you've been friends?"

Hermione opened her mouth to reply, but nothing came out. She closed it again and blinked a couple of times to clear her head.

"You can't answer that, can you? He is the only person on this earth you have never turned your back on. Not even when you didn't agree with what was going on or thought his ideas would get us all killed. Not only that, but he's never left your side, either. You are meant to be together."

"You say that like you actually mean it."

"Because I know in my heart I'm right. Look, Hermione, I'm going to ask you for a favor. Give him a chance. If you don't want anyone to know right now, that's fine. But give this relationship a chance to develop and you will see that I am right."

Hermione couldn't deny Luna when she was clearly set on her beliefs.

"I promise."

"Good. Now tell me all the juicy details!"

"Luna!"

0-0

"So you told Luna?" Harry asked after the waiter had taken their order and walked away.

He had decided to take Hermione to a fancy Muggle restaurant. He didn't want her to feel like all he wanted was to shag her the moment they walked into either of their flats. So far, it had been great, but he didn't want their relationship to be only about sex. As good as it was, and Merlin knew it was bloody brilliant; he wanted to give her a real courtship. It sounded old-fashioned, but he was set on the idea. Hermione deserved naught but the best.

"I did. I had no choice since she caught me red handed."

"What do you mean?"

Hermione went on to explain what had happened that afternoon. Harry listened and laughed. Hermione couldn't help but follow his lead. She was happy and it showed.

"Leave it to me to go and ruin it!"

"Nah, I could tell she already knew. You know nothing escapes her notice."

"That is true."

They talked about their week and had a great time throughout dinner. He then suggested a stroll by the river and Hermione gladly accepted. It was Friday after all and she didn't have to get up early the next morning.

The restaurant he had chosen was close by, so they decided to walk instead of taking a taxicab. He held her hand as they strolled down the sidewalk and she felt safe. They drew their share of stares, since they made a striking couple. Hermione felt her ego swell, something she wasn't accustomed to at all.

"So, what do you think about us so far, `Mione?" Harry asked carefully. "I know it's only been a few weeks, but I'd like to know."

"I have to admit it's been better than I thought. Nothing is different in my life. I figured a relationship would conflict with my schedule, but so far, it hasn't. I guess it took this to make me realize that I can make time for both things."

"I'm glad to hear that. All work and no play makes for a lonely existence."

"I'm beginning to realize that, Harry, and I want to thank you for showing me I can do both."

"It's been my pleasure. In more ways than I can count."

Hermione stopped walking and leaned against the concrete wall, facing the river. Harry stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. Leaning back against his chest, she rested her hands on top of his.

"Harry, do you think we should wait a bit before getting pregnant?"

Harry frowned at her words. "Why? Have you changed your mind?"

"Not at all! I just wondered if you wanted to give our relationship more time before we became parents."

"It's really up to you, love. I'm happy either way. Besides, as much as we've been making love, you could be carrying our child already."

Hermione smiled at his words, since they were nothing but the truth. They had made love almost every night for the past month and a half. Hermione could not think of a single time in her life when she had felt so loved and taken care of. And hearing him talk about their child just warmed her heart.

"You're right about that. I guess I wanted to know if you still felt the same."

"I've never been surer of anything in my life, `Mione. I don't want to scare you or put pressure on you, but I can see myself doing this with you for the rest of my life."

Hermione turned around in his arms and looked up at him. "Really, Harry?"

"Yes. I've never felt so happy or fulfilled in my entire life. I've slept soundly every night since we've been together. I have more energy and there's always a smile on my face. People in my department have started to notice and are asking questions. I don't take risks as I used to when we go on raids because I know that there might be two people waiting for me at home. All in all, this is what I always wanted and I'm sharing it with the most wonderful woman on this planet."

Hermione's eyes filled with tears at his words. "Oh, Harry, when did you become such a romantic?"

"The minute I looked into your eyes and saw my future there," he explained as if it was the most obvious thing on earth.

Hermione cupped his face and rose up on her tiptoes to kiss him. She kissed him for being such a wonderful man. She kissed him for making her feel so loved and protected. She kissed him because his words had touched her heart deeply. And finally, she kissed him because she realized she was falling helplessly, hopelessly and thoroughly head over heels in love with him.

When the kiss ended, Harry leaned his forehead against hers and smiled. "I think I'm in love with you, `Mione."

Hermione chuckled. "You think?"

"I know I am. I just didn't want to scare you. Deep down I always knew you were the one. I lost many of my loved ones during the war and the years leading up to it. I guess I didn't pursue anything with you before because of that. I don't think I would have survived losing you, too."

"You were never going to lose me. I made sure of that. I don't think I would have survived had I lost you either. You've always held a special place in my heart, Harry James. My previous boyfriends have all been jealous of you for that same reason. No one can take your place in my life."

"It's always been the same for me. All the way back since fourth year. I guess others saw what we tried so hard to repress. That's why Luna was so adamant that day in your office. She can see it better than most."

"It's also the reason why Ron and I never worked out. I always took your side and he couldn't deal with that. I finally understand him. I would have reacted the same way had the tables been turned."

"Cho felt the same. So did Ginny and the rest of the women I have dated. You've always been first. I've dropped more than one date to run to your side because you called and needed me."

"Oh, Harry, I didn't know that. I'm so sorry."

"I'm not. You're my number one girl and everyone knows that."

"Do you think we're destined to be together?"

"I do. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner about my feelings. I guess I should confess that's why I was so set on the idea of fathering your child. I would have gone mad if it had been anyone else. I also figured I could win your love little by little during that time."

Hermione didn't know how to respond to that. Harry had never been one to talk so openly about his feeling and it surprised her greatly. More surprising still was the fact that she was elated at his words, and not scared.

"Harry, if you keep talking like that, I'm going to start crying again. You know you can't handle it when I cry."

"Would it be so bad?" he asked as he caressed her face softly.

Hermione leaned instinctively into his touch. "What?"

"Would it be so bad if you fell in love with me?" he asked earnestly.

"I'm already half way there, love," she confessed.

"You are?" he asked, immense joy showing in his eyes.

"How could I not be? You've been nothing but wonderful to me. You have awakened my heart after a very long hibernation. No one has ever made love to me as sweetly and passionately as you have. No one understands me like you do. No one knows my fears and weaknesses like you. I know I can be difficult and bitchy at times, but you can see right past that. You've never left my side and you've put your life on the line for me more than once. There isn't another person in my life that can claim that right but you. So, yes, Harry James, you're not the only one falling in love."

This time Harry initiated the kiss. His heart was so full of joy and happiness that he wanted to shout it from the rooftops. The thing he wanted the most, Hermione's love, was his.

When the kiss ended, both were panting hard.

"I think we should go home," Hermione suggested against his lips.

"Yours or mine?"

"Whichever is closer works for me."

Harry didn't waste time Apparating them to his bedroom once he saw they were pretty much alone. With a snap of his fingers the lights dimmed, candles lit and soft music filled the room. Hermione smiled at him as she started lowering the zipper of her black cocktail dress.

Harry watched in fascination as he unknotted his tie and started undoing the buttons of his shirt. His hands stilled when he saw Hermione lowering the dress and saw the lingerie she had on. The matching black bra and thong set gave him an almost instant erection, not to mention the sheer black garter belt. Her pale skin seemed to glow against the darker color of her intimate pieces.

"Like what you see, lover?"

"Not only do I like, but I am going to enjoy taking it off you inch by slow inch," he said as he finally took off his shirt.

He unbuckled his belt and undid the button of his trousers. Hermione lied on the middle of his bed, still wearing her spiky heels, and watched with interest while running a finger around her belly.

Harry's eyes followed the movement of her finger while he lowered his zipper. He shrugged out of his pants and took off his shoes and socks. Hermione took the time to admire his sculpted body and her mouth watered.

Harry finally straitened back up and Hermione licked her lips unconsciously when she saw the evidence of his arousal pressing against his back bikini briefs. She smiled knowingly at him. Since she had mentioned she had a weakness for those, Harry had made sure to buy lots of them and she had loved pealing them of his body every time.

"Those look unbearably tight, love. Want some help with them?"

"Wench! If they are tight, it's because of you," he replied as he crawled over to her on the bed. "You drive me crazy with those heels, you know that, don't you, minx?"

She laughed and pulled him on top of her. "Why do you think I do it?"

He lied between her legs and pressed his hardness against her, eliciting a moan from both. "I know I wanted to go slow, but could we do that for the second round? I want you so much it hurts."

"That's the best idea you've had all day!"

Harry wasted no time removing his briefs and her thong. Next was her bra. While he suckled on her hard nipples, she urged him by locking her legs around his waist. He slid into her slowly, savoring her warm and wet tightness.

"Merlin, it just gets better every time we do it. I love how you feel around me," he gasped.

"And I love how you fill me completely. Don't make me wait, Harry. Make love to me," Hermione begged as she lifted her hips to take him in deeper.

He responded with quickening strokes, all the while playing with her nipples. He turned them around so Hermione was riding him instead and she lost her precious control then. She started moving up and down, grinding herself against him while they both panted and moaned their pleasure. It built until she couldn't take it anymore and cried out his name as tremors ran over her entire body. Harry, feeling her muscles tightening all around him, let out a guttural groan as he pushed himself as deep as he could into her softness before spilling his seed deep inside of her womb.

0-0

Little did they know, as they were coming down from their high, that their frantic lovemaking had just procreated their firstborn.

-->