Unofficial Portkey Archive

Being The Best Man by ShellyLove
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Being The Best Man

ShellyLove

Author's Note: Okay guys, here's chapter 7. I know it's been like two weeks. Sorry for the cliff hanger, but I promise this will make it all better.

Jason sat in his study, leaning back in his chair staring out into the starry night. His hands rested on his stomach, laced together tensely as his mind raced with thoughts of Hermione.

It's been a bloody week and not a word from her. Guess she's right pissed at me. I was only trying to protect her and Potter, honestly everything was going wonderfully before he came back. A blind man could tell Harry is in love with Hermione, but she's mine. Or was mine, he thought irritably. Jason stood and went to the window his eyes searching the night.

Outside the window, the sidewalk below Jason's window was illuminated by a lone streetlight. He watched as his neighbors turned out their lights for the evening and an uneasy feeling settled low in his stomach. "A week and no sign of her," Jason murmured.

As if on cue, a dark figure in a black cloak appeared in the shadows near the ring of light on the sidewalk. Oblivious to the stranger below his window, Jason turned from the window and made his way back to his chair. He pulled out a book and settled down to read until sleep came.

XXXX

Hermione moaned through clenched teeth as his lips found her throat, nipped and licking just above her collarbone. Harry walked blindly into Hermione's kitchen with the young witch's legs wrapped around his waist. Hermione threaded her fingers through Harry's silky black hair and pulled his lips to hers as he set her down on the kitchen counter. Harry settled between her legs, resting his hands on her slim hips. Harry's heart soared as the woman of his dreams trailed her hands down his chest to the hem of his shirt, her nails lightly scratching the tight muscles of his abdomen.

Harry lifted his arms as Hermione tugged his t-shirt off and threw it to the floor before capturing her lips once more in a heated kiss. Tongues and teeth clashed as both Harry and Hermione learned the other inch by inch. Hermione shed her gray blouse and blushed deeply as Harry's lust-filled eyes roamed over her body.

Hermione's slender fingers played with the hair at the nape of Harry's neck as she stared into his eyes. The heated lust of moments before leaked out of the couple, replaced by slow passion. Harry reached for her hands behind his head and brought them to his chest, lacing his fingers through hers.

"I've wanted this for so long, Hermione," Harry whispered, his voice deep with arousal.

Hermione's lips lifted at the corners and she replied, "Would you believe me if I said me too?" placing a chaste kiss on his cheek.

A smile spread across Harry's face, his eyes darkening once more. He placed her hands back around his neck and whispered, "I always believe you, Mione." His large hands came up to cup her breasts as his lips found hers again.

The need for oxygen became too great so Hermione's lips made their way to Harry's neck. A low growl escaped his throat as Hermione bit down on the pulse throbbing in Harry's neck. Harry's hands traveled down Hermione's thighs to the backs of her knees and pulled her against him. Hermione smirked as she felt his hardness rub against her center. She nibbled on Harry's ear before quietly whispering, "Bedroom, now."

XXXX

Jason turned his third page and sighed heavily; he missed Hermione but knew if he went over to her flat he'd be sent home very quickly. Maybe it really is over, Jason thought sadly. Closing his book he turned his chair towards the bay window behind his desk and tried to shut off his thoughts.

The sound of his study door moving raised the hairs on the back of Jason's neck. He reached for his wand, but found his pocket empty. Shit, it's in my coat, Jason thought quickly careful not to move to announce that he knew of his visitor. He heard the soft click of heels on the hardwood floor then the sound stopped. Jason scarcely breathed as he heard a woman's mocking voice say, "I know that you know I am here, Jason Griffiths. Turn around slowly and let's have a chat."

XXXX

Harry led Hermione by the hand down the hallway to Hermione's bedroom then to the bed. With a snap of his fingers the door closed. Harry's eyes were fixed on Hermione's in the darkened room. Hermione's hands trailed down Harry's chest leaving a trail of fire in their wake and came to rest on the button of his jeans. Harry inhaled a breath as she slowly lowered his jeans down his legs then he kicked them away.

Hermione reached to the clasp of her simple white bra and shed the undergarment. Harry reached for her and kissed her pouty lips feeling her melt against him. The pair kissed lazily as Harry lowered Hermione to the cold sheets of her bed. His hands began to lazy knead her breasts, his calloused palms passing over her hardened nipples eliciting loud moans from the witch beneath him. Hermione's hands gripped Harry's shoulders as his hand travel from her chest to her center. Harry found her already wet for him and felt himself harden further at the thought.

Harry slipped a finger inside her wet folds and Hermione breathed a soft, "yes." Harry inserted another finger and began circling her bundle of nerves with his thumb. Hermione started to climb fast, her breathy moans getting louder and louder until she shattered beneath him. A lazy smile played on her lips as Harry kissed her softly.

The kiss quickly became more passionate and Harry found himself removing his boxers and her underwear leaving both of them gloriously naked. Hermione's eyes fell to his erection; she reached out a hand and stroked him causing Harry to groan loudly.

"Mione, if you keep that up," Harry said his voice strangled with need. Hermione smiled slyly and flipped them over so she towered above Harry. Hermione leaned close to Harry's cock and licked his shaft. Harry moaned while Hermione began swirling her tongue around the head. When Harry got close he stilled her actions and pulled her to him.

She smiled down at him and kissed him hard, biting his bottom lip. Harry growled and placed his hand on her sensitive nub and pressed his thumb down. Hermione moaned loudly against his mouth as Harry began kissing her again. Hermione began to writhe above him so Harry gently laid her down on the bed and positioned himself between her legs.

XXXX

Jason turned and found Bellatrix Lestrange standing in his study, her wand trained on him. Her lips curled into a malicious smile as she said "Now then, where is she?" Jason stilled, Hermione, he thought but aloud he said, "Who?"

The smile fell from her lips as she replied, "Potter's mudblood, you are her boyfriend. Tell me where she is and I may let you live." Bellatrix stalked towards his desk and perched her light frame on the edge of his desk and began twirling her wand.

Jason recoiled and replied, "You actually think I'm going to tell you anything. Kill me if you like, but you won't harm her."

Bellatrix laughed loudly and exclaimed, "So you do have a backbone, I shall quite enjoy breaking you. I'm out of practice; crucio," pointing her wand at the young Auror.

The pain was like nothing Jason had ever felt, he writhed on the floor refusing to scream. He felt the pain stop, his body felt drained as he raised himself to his knees and looked at the witch before him. "I will tell you nothing," Jason said struggling for words.

Bellatrix merely smirked, "Oh you will, Jason. You see, you're going to have a change of heart."

XXXX

Harry looked down at Hermione, stilling his actions. He took a deep breath and leaned down so his face was close to hers. "Mione, before we do this you have to know something. This isn't a one-time thing for me; I can't have you once and then never again. I love you with everything I am," Harry whispered his heart catching as he voiced his deepest secret.

Hermione took his face in her hands and whispered, "I want you, Harry. All of you, I love you." She captured his lips and reached between them and guided him to her entrance. Colors exploded behind Harry's eyelids as he entered her for the first time. He inched inside her slowly, trying to minimize the pain. He reached her barrier and stilled, reaching for her hands and lacing them together above her head. He placed his lips on hers and kissed her with all of his might and pushed through her barrier.

Hermione made a small noise of pain and Harry stilled kissing away the tears that had fallen. "I love you," Harry whispered waiting for her signal.

The pain ebbed and was replaced with the most amazing feeling. Hermione lifted her hips eliciting a groan from the wizard above her. Harry began a slow rhythm, pushing into her slowly. Harry kissed every inch of her he could reach as he brought them both higher and higher. Hermione's abdomen was aflame with pleasure as she felt her muscles tighten until she fell apart shuddering. Harry followed moments later, her name on his lips as he collapsed beside her.

Harry pulled her against him and placed a kiss on her forehead. Hermione snuggled up against him and placed a kiss above his heart. "I love you too, Harry," Hermione said quietly looking up into his face. Harry smiled and closed his eyes, letting sleep take him.

XXXX

Bellatrix quietly exited the flat of Auror Jason Griffiths laughing as she disappeared into the night with a very quiet pop. Minutes later, a tall cloaked form exited the flat and headed in the opposite direction without a sound.

XXXX

Harry awoke to the sun streaming in through Hermione's window. A smile spread across his face as he found his glasses on her nightstand; reaching for her he found the bed empty save for himself. Harry quickly tugged on his jeans and left the room. Harry made his way down the hall and the voices met his ears, "OH MY GOD! How was it?" Luna exclaimed excitedly.

Harry suppressed a laugh as he imagined Hermione's blushing face as he made his way into the kitchen loudly announcing his presence by letting his feet fall a little harder than normal. Luna had perched herself on the kitchen counter, Hermione stood leaning on the counter beside her smiling shyly.

"Morning ladies," Harry called jovially pulling Luna into a friendly hug. The petite blonde witch hugged his neck tightly and whispered, "Harry, I'm so happy for you."

Harry grinned and winked before placing a small kiss on Hermione's cheek and embracing her. Hermione quickly melted against him, her ear listening to the beating of his heart. Hermione pulled back and looked into his eyes and asked, "How did you sleep?"

Harry's grin softened to small smile, "Best I've slept in my life actually," he replied softly.

Hermione blushed and replied, "Me too."

Luna scoffed and began laughing, "Honestly you two, you shagged and you're dancing around the fact. You're madly in love, anyone can see that."

Harry and Hermione began to laugh, the careful awkwardness broken by Luna's words. Harry scooped her up into his arms and kissed her soundly. Hermione kissed him back feverishly but quickly pulled away before things escalated.

A loud pop echoed through the kitchen as Ron appeared looking very distressed. Ron turned to speak but words failed him as he took in the completely not platonic embrace of his two best friends and a grin spread across his freckled face.

Harry smiled at him over Hermione's head and the two men shared a secret look. "It's about bloody time, you two," Ron said quickly making his way over to Luna.

Hermione hopped up on the counter beside Luna and asked, "Ron, why did you rush over here? Shouldn't you be at work by now?" Harry glanced up at the clock and realized it was well past noon.

Ron's jovial grin sobered to a grim set of lips as he said "Bellatrix has started whatever plan she's concocted. Jason found a body last night close to his home."

Hermione paled, "Who was it?" she demanded.

Ron shrugged and replied stiffly, "We don't know yet, it was a muggle who, well, who resembled you very closely, Hermione."

Hermione put her head in her hands, "I cannot believe this. She must have completely lost her mind to attack people who look like me," she said through her hands.

Harry took her hand in his and assured her, "It'll be alright, Mione. We'll find her and we'll stop her."

Hermione nodded and jumped down from the counter and said, "I'm going to take a shower," and disappeared from the kitchen.

Ron and Luna exchanged a look then Luna said, "Harry, we think it's best for you to stay close to Hermione. Bellatrix isn't playing around, she'll kill her if she gets the chance and that is not going to happen."

Harry nodded, "I won't leave her side if she wants it that way. How's Jason?" he directed his question at his best friend.

Ron shrugged and replied, "He seemed a bit down, a bit out of it. Guess Hermione breaking up with him hit him hard. Don't worry about it, mate." Ron clapped him on the back and he and Luna bid Harry goodbye and apparated home.

Harry made his way to the bathroom, the sound of the shower greeting his ears. Harry knocked on the door and asked, "Mione? Can I come in?"

A short "yes" greeted his request and he stepped into the large bathroom. Hermione stood in the shower letting the water pour over her, Harry could tell from across the room that she was stressed.

Hermione turned her head and asked softly, "Harry, will you just hold me?"

Harry divested himself of his boxers and jeans and stepped into the shower behind Hermione. She turned to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. Harry folded her in his arms and rested his head atop hers. Hermione sighed against his chest and said, "Harry, people are dying because of me. I just want to run into the street and scream until she finds me."

Harry squeezed her and kissed her wet hair before replying, "Hermione, I can't let you do that. You didn't let me do that back in school because it would have meant my death. I'll protect you like you always protected me."

Hermione nodded and kissed his neck, "I love you, Harry. It was hell without you here, how I've missed your arms around me."

Harry quietly replied, "I love you, Mione. I'll never leave you again, I promise."

Hermione smiled, calmed completely as only Harry could and said, "Make love to me,"

Harry lowered his mouth to hers in a deep kiss as the water poured over their bodies.