Unofficial Portkey Archive

Finally Listening to Your Heart by princess.harmony
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Finally Listening to Your Heart

princess.harmony

Finally Listening to Your Heart

Part 1

NOTE: I don't own ANYTHING. I don't own Harry Potter; I just used JK Rowling's brilliant idea with a twist of what should have happened since the very beginning.

UPDATE: I had to delete the original version; I decided to change the point of view of this story nothing really change according to the plot I originally plan/wrote, but a few grammar and changing the point of view. I know it's going too fast, but it's actually supposed to be only two parts, but because I'm adding Harry's point of view, it's only four. Thanks for the reviews! I really do appreciate it, you encourage me to continue(: P.S. I'm working on Part 2 Harry's point of view and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

"I can't do this anymore Ron… I just can't." I said to Ron as I packed my last pair of clothes into a suitcase.

"Okay, Hermione I understand, but you don't have to leave." Ron replied.

"I just need some time alone, I think you do too. Ron we're best friends it's going to be awkward, but we need time to move on. I love you, I really do, but as a brother. I don't regret anything. Plus, my parents want me to go to a muggle college." I said as I sat down at the foot of the bed.

Ron kissed me on my cheek and whispered good-bye.

I just sat there remembering the day of the war, where Ron and I kissed. It was very soon after we made it official. Truly, it was great at first, but then the fighting all the time and never agreeing to anything finally moved in. Finally knowing it was time to go, I took a deep breath then headed out the door of the Burrow. I said good-bye to everyone except Harry. Harry was probably flying by himself I thought. I would wait, but I'm going to miss my train as I checked my watch.

<3

As I tried to find my train I saw a tall, skinny boy with black messy hair wondering around. First, I thought, it was impossible until I got a glance those beautiful green eyes. So I decided to sneak up behind him and act like a little girl, "Excuse me sir, do you know where platform 9 ¾ is?"

The tall, skinny boy turns around and says, "Its right over th- Hermione!"

I gave him a hug. "Harry what are you doing here?" I asked while automatically flashing a gentle smile.

"I should be asking the same question, what are you doing here without saying good-bye to me?" he said in reply.

"Oh, Harry you were gone while I was saying my farewells, and well you know that I'm not so good with good-byes. Especially, since I won't be coming back in a while." I replied while looking at the floor.

Harry stopped asking questions and just took my bags. He helped me carry them to my train. As I was about to enter the train, Harry took one of my soft, gentle, small hands.

"Hermione, don't go please." Harry said.

I was in total shock and was lost for words as I looked at those beautiful, big, shiny green eyes in complete silence. My vision became blurry, soon I realized that my eyes began to water.

"Hermione, we could go to the Forest of Dean, stay there and grow old. Anywhere just don't leave me 'Mione. I'm begging you." Harry begged.

I didn't know what to say or do. "Oh, Harry I can't. I need to go…", I said it was all that I could think of.

Harry's hand slipped away from mines as I walked to my seat. While sitting down I caught a glance at Harry. He was just standing there with a tear or two rolling down his gentle, soft face. I wanted to stay and hug him, wipe those tears, but all I did is just sat there watching him till he was out of sight.

<3

Four Years Later…

I was so excited to go back to wizard world, I missed everyone. I planned to surprise them when I arrive. During the train ride, I stared out the window then closed my eyes and reflected of how much I had accomplished. I decided majored in teaching and got my PhD in only four years. I managed to do this by taking summer courses to keep me busy. On my last year of college the library was full during finals. Since I already took all my finals a week earlier, I decided to take a walk in the park. When I arrived there I sat at the bench facing the pond. The view reminded me of the lake where I would find Harry deep in thought. 'Oh Harry' I thought. Bam it hit me like a ton of bricks, I realized why I never gave it a second thought when choosing to go with Harry compared to Ron. It's was because I needed him, I'm in love with Harry. After all this time, I had been listening to head, who telling I it was Ron. I finally heard my heart screaming it was always been Harry after all this time.

As I closed my eyes and smiling, she whispered, "Great Merlin, I'm in love with Harry Potter."

<3

I finally arrived at the Burrow, nervous as ever. Honestly I didn't care about saying 'Hi' to everyone, I was nervous to see Harry. I was devoted to tell Harry how I felt about him hoping he will feel the same way too. I took a deep breath before finally ringing the doorbell.

Mrs. Weasley answered the door, with a surprised looked on her face, "Hermione- what a surprise to see you here!" she said while giving me a big hug.

I entered the house heading to my old room to put my stuff away. I was shocked to see Luna and Ron snogging in my bedroom.

"Oh hi, Hermione!" Luna greeted as if nothing happened.

"Uhhh, Hi?" Ron said all embarrassed.

" Hi you too.", I replied.

I was happy to see Ron had moved on and found someone new, but angry at the same time that they were snogging in my room. Since it was my first day back I didn't want to start a fight, so I decided to let it go, for now. Luna and Ron left the room and decided to go to the Living room hand in hand, I soon too followed after them. Soon after this beautiful, firing red hair woman rushed down to give me a gigantic hug.

"Ginny!", I greeted.

"Hermione, you just have the perfect timing do you?", Ginny replied.

"What do you mean?", I asked.

Ginny pulled out her left hand, I was shocked to see a diamond ring on her left finger.

"Who's the lucky guy?", I asked.

Just as Ginny was about to answer Harry entered the room. 'Damn he looks hot!' I thought as flashed him an innocent grin. He was not the tall, skinny boy she remembered when she left. He grew taller, more muscular, he was a man. I bet there is abs under that shirt, damn! He had a body to die for! Those eyes don't get me started. Ginny kissed Harry while Harry and I never broke eye-contact. My heart was fell straight to the floor. My hope of us being together was long gone. I tried to hold back the tears.

"Does that answer your question? Oh yeah you're coming to my bachelorette party tonight. Harry and I want you to be our maid of honor." Ginny demanded as she pulled Harry by the waist.

"I'll be honored to." I lied.