Unofficial Portkey Archive

Finally Listening to Your Heart by princess.harmony
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Finally Listening to Your Heart

princess.harmony

Let My Heart Speak for Itself

Part 3

NOTE: Unfortunately, I don't own Harry Potter. Don't get me wrong, JK Rowling is brilliant to come up with Harry Potter, but I'm here to fix her silly mistakes(: Well, This is part 3, Hermione's point of view. Thanks for the reviews so far and enjoy

"What to wear", I said to myself as I unpacked my bags looking for what I should wear tonight.

A black smoky one shoulder dress caught my eye. I took a shower, and then slipped on my black dress.

As I looked in the mirror, 'It seem appropriate and it flattered my best features', I thought to myself.

I stared how the dress hugged my figure. The dress revealing my right shoulder for everyone to see. The hem of my dress stopped by my mid-thigh, showing off my legs.

"What else?" I asked myself.

I decided to add sliver bracelets and use my strappy high heels. While looking in the mirror, I evaluated how I looked.

'Damn! Not bad, Hermione. I wonder if Harry will notice', I thought to myself smiling.

"Whoa! Hermione…" Harry said.

I was startled, then jumped and lost my balance. Luckily, Harry caught me. Staring at his face I lost my feeling to my legs. His touch sent chills down my spine. I quickly turned to the mirror and adjusted my dress.

"So, you're getting married tomorrow. Ginny is a very lucky girl. I'm very happy for you; you found the love of your life." I said.

"Yeah.", he said in reply.

Ginny entered the room.

"Oh, hi Harry. Let's go 'Mione?" Ginny Interrupted.

"Yeah, I ready. Whenever you're ready, Gin." I answered.

I left with Ginny leaving Harry behind.

<3<3<3

The bachelorette party was a muggle night club, Late Nights. There were a lot of people. The music was loud. Random, sweaty, weird people were dancing on me. Guys were hitting on me. After about an hour of dancing, I was tired so I decided to sit down.

'My feet are killing me!' I thought to myself.

I secretly pulled out my wand and charmed my heels to feel like I'm wearing sneakers.

'That's a hundred times better' I thinking to myself.

Shortly after, Ginny and the girls joined me.

"Having fun you guys?" Ginny asked.

"Yeah.", everyone answered.

"Ooooohhhh! Let's play truth or dare?" suggested Luna.

"So Ginny, truth or dare?" asked Lavender.

"Truth.", Ginny answered.

"How's Harry in bed?" Lavender added with a wink.

I don't want hear this… so I walked to the bar. Nobody notice I was gone.

"One beer please. ", I asked the bartender.

He gave my beer, and told me it was on the house, one of the advantages dressing like a foul slut. One beer after another, I think I had six or seven till I finally stopped and stormed out of the bar. I was completely drunk. The brightest witch of her age decided to leave the bar drunk, dress like a slut, unaware of the dangers that could happen. While I was walking, no more like giggling and wobbling, around town I heard someone called out my name. So I looked back and saw Harry trying to catch up with me.

"Hermione! Hold up!" he shouted.

I giggled to myself and said, "Oh, hi Harry."

"Have you been drinking?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, but only like a one or seven." I said while trying to keep a straight face, but failed.

He laughs to himself then said, "You're drunk and I'm taking you home."

He took me by my waist and we walk home together while I rest my head on his shoulder inhaling his scent while hearing my heart beat fast.

We finally arrived at the Burrow; Harry carried me up the stairs. Then he gently laid me on my bed.

"I love you, Harry." I blurted out.

Then, the next thing I knew everything faded black.

<3<3<3

I woke up, shocked to find myself in my bed, wearing my night wear.

'I don't remember getting in my bed or going home from the club', I thought to myself. The last thing I remember is drinking, everything else is a blur.

Ginny came in my room with a tray filled with eggs, bacon, and toast with orange juice and water.

"How are you feeling?" she asked.

"What do you mean? I feel just fine." I answered.

"Oh that's good. We got a lot to do this morning. So get dressed and meet me downstairs." Ginny replied.

"Okay, but what exactly happened?" I asked.

"Ask Harry." she replied.

Ginny left me alone. I ate my breakfast and changed. I met Ginny downstairs.

<3<3<3

We did have a lot to do that morning. We had to pick up Ginny dress, then my red brides maid dress and get it fitted. Soon after that, we when to a salon then got our hair and nails done.

We finally arrived to the church. We still needed to get our make-up done, I went first then I left when it was Ginny's turn. I went to see Harry instead.

I knocked on the door.

"It's me, Hermione." I said.

I forgot to breathe whey I saw Harry open the door wearing a gray tux. He looked so good.

"Hi, come in.", he said with the sweetest smile.

I notice he was having trouble putting on his tie. So I said while reaching for his tie, "Do you need help?"

While I was tying his tie, we were so close. I could hear his heart beat and mines beat in perfect harmony. I had to stop myself from kissing him.

"Harry…" I said, while staring at his green jewels, "I regret everything."

I turned away and faced the mirror. My eyes start to water.

'Don't do it, Hermione! He is getting married!' I yelled in my head.

But I couldn't stop, so I let my heart speak for itself.

"I regret saying no to you when I was leaving for college. I regret leaving for college. I regret for the first time in my life choosing something over you. I regret not seeing it sooner. If I didn't go to college, if I didn't say no, if I realized it sooner, I would be Ginny. I would be the one getting ready to spend the rest of my life with you. What I'm trying to say is‒", I finally let out while tears running down my face.

I was going to continue, but I caught off guard by Harry's gentle, soft, sweet lips touching mines.

"I'm madly in love with you, Hermione. Hermione, I love you." Harry said.

"I'm in love you too Harry. I love you too." I replied.

As he wiped my tears away like he always did, I begged him, "Why don't we run away from all of this? To the Forest of Dean, stay there grow old."

While waiting for his reply, he kissed my forehead and he said, "I would love to. I been waiting since the day I met you, to say those words, but Ginny I can't hurt her like that."

While looking at my feet I replied, "I understand."

I knew it was too good to be true. I felt like someone stabbed my heart into a million pieces.