Unofficial Portkey Archive

Finally Listening to Your Heart by princess.harmony
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Finally Listening to Your Heart

princess.harmony

I Don't Want to Be the Reason Why

Part 5

NOTE: I don't own Harry Potter, but this is how I wished she paired Harry and Hermione the way it should have been. Sadly, this is the last chapter of "Finally Listening to Your Heart". I hoped you enjoyed it, as much as I did writing it. Enjoy(:

As Hermione entered the room, her jaw dropped. She saw this firing red hair goddess all dressed in white standing in front of her.

"You look beautiful, Ginny.", Hermione said.

"Thanks 'Mione.", Ginny replied as she sat down staring at her reflection in the mirror.

Hermione saw a tear escape from Ginny's brown eyes, ran down her cheek, traced her jaw line, and finally on her silk dress.

"You love him, don't you?", Hermione ask even though she already knew they both knew what her answer would be.

Ginny answered with a nod of her head.

Hermione gently touches Ginny's shoulder, "Well, we better get out there; your dad is waiting for you."

They both headed to the church.

One by one they enter the church just as planned. The guys dressed in gray, while the girls dressed in red. The church all decorated with white and red drapes. Red roses everywhere. Rose petals on the floor leading to the altar.

Hermione walks down the aisle, she glances at Harry. She builds up the courage and gives him a little smile. Harry smiles back.

When Hermione finally finds her spot, everyone stands for the arrival of the bride.

Ginny takes a deep breath.

"Are you ready?", Mr. Weasley asked.

Then she grabs a hold of her dad's arm and walks with her dad down the aisle. Friends and family all looking at her. Mr. Weasley hand Ginny over to Harry. Ginny kisses her father on the cheek then walks over to the priest with Harry.

"Good Morning, everyone.", the priest greeted.

"Don't marry the person you think you can live with; marry the person you can't live without. -James C. Dobson. Obviously, Harry and Ginny can't live without one another that's why they are getting married today. We are gathered here today to witness, holy matrimony of Harry James Potter and Ginevra Molly Weasley."

The priest signals Ron for the rings.

Ron presented the rings to Harry and Ginny...

Harry took one ring and place it on Ginny's left ring finger.

"I, Harry James Potter, take you Ginevra Molly Weasley for my lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness, and in health, until death do us part.", Harry vowed.

Ginny's eyes start to water as Harry was saying his vows.

Ginny took the other ring and placed it on Harry's left ring finger.

"I, Ginevra Molly Weasley… take you Harry James Pot‒"

Ginny's tears were freely falling down her face.

"Harry, I can't. I can't do this. I don't want to be the reason why." Ginny continued.

"What are you talking about, Gin?" Harry asked all confused.

"I don't want to be the reason why you can't be with the girl you love, nor can't she be with you." Ginny answered.

Harry took Ginny hands, "I love you, Ginny." Harry replied.

"Damn it! Harry don't lie to me.", Ginny screamed.

Ginny looked at Hermione and back to Harry.

"I know you two love each other." Ginny pointed out.

"Uh…" Hermione spitted out as she took a step forward.

Ginny took a deep breath.

"I knew since the day Hermione came back from college. The way you looked at her. You never looked at me the same way. The way you couldn't keep your eyes off her. I know I was drunk when I came home last night, but I still remember the way you stormed out the door the minute I told you we couldn't find Hermione. While you were looking for Hermione, I went in your room to find my shoes for the wedding. I found the letters you wrote to her. Telling her how much you love and missed her. I saw you tucked in her in bed. I heard your conversation while looking for Hermione." Ginny explained.

Hermione was crying her eyes out.

Hermione ran up to Ginny. "Ginny, please you don't have to do this." Hermione said with a gentle voice.

"Your right Hermione, I don't have to do this. I want to." Ginny replied.

Ginny turned to Harry and softly touch his cheek.

"I love you, Harry. And I will always love you. That is why I want you to be happy." Ginny whispered.

Ginny started to cry again. She couldn't control herself.

"Harry, you been hurt your whole life. You been hurt so much you deserve to smile and be happy. You're not going to be happy with me, Harry. I know you're just settling for me, Harry because you didn't want to hurt my feelings. You need to start thinking what you want." Ginny continued.

Ginny grabs Harry's and Hermione's hand forcing them to hold hands.

"Thank you Ginny." Harry whispers in her ear and kisses her on the cheek.

"No, Harry thank you." Ginny replied.

Hermione rushed to hug Ginny. They both looked at each other tears falling down their faces.

Ginny finally lets go and apparated out of the church.

Harry walks up to Hermione and wipes her tears.

"Well, Hermione. I, Harry James Potter, want to take you Hermione Jean Granger, on a date tomorrow night. A picnic under the stars."

"I, Hermione Jean Granger would love you."

Harry pulled Hermione closer to him and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"I love you Hermione", Harry said while looking at her beautiful big brown eyes.

"I love you Harry", Hermione said staring right back at his green jewels.

Hermione wrapped her arms around Harry's waist while Harry put his arm around Hermione's shoulders as they walk out the church.

<3<3<3<3<3

The End.

I hoped you guys enjoyed this as much as I did writing it. Don't worry you'll be hearing more from me soon. More one-shots more short story. I'm thinking about writing a longer one, what do you guys think?