Unofficial Portkey Archive

25 days of christmas by ayumi-nb
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

25 days of christmas

ayumi-nb

Title: "c is for cute"

Rating: PG

Words: 1,486

Theme/Prompt: #06 - angel

Warnings/AN: post-ootp, 6th year au

Summary: In which Hermione has a revelation and Harry is… Harry.

Disclaimer: The Usual.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione arches her eyebrow, trying to convey her exasperation, but can't resist the urge to smile when Harry grins sheepishly at her from his place on the snow-covered ground.

Really, the boy is just too cute for her to preserve her sanity.

"Honestly, Harry," she says, tapping the ground with her foot.

Harry pouts and something inside her melts. "Please, Hermione? You know I've never had the chance to do this before…"

It should be illegal, those pleading eyes. How is she supposed to resist him when he's looking at her like that? Criminal.

"I… Alright."

He grins mischievously and lies down on the snow, starting to move his arms and legs, shoving the snow out of his way and shaping the outline of a snow angel. It takes him a few minutes to realize she's just standing over him, watching and smiling smugly at him and when he does, Harry sends her a puzzled look.

Hermione chuckles, noting how simply cute he looks lying there, partially covered in snowflakes, in the middle of his snow angel, and replies. "Honestly, Harry, aren't you a wizard?" And without waiting for a answer, she flicks her wand and a truly wonderful snow angles takes shape a few feet above her head; another flick and the creation spreads its wings and flies gently over their heads.

"Wow…" Harry seems really amazed, considering he could have done the same, but then he sighs and looks slightly disappointed. "That's brilliant, Hermione. You're brilliant; truly amazing." He doesn't move and simply stares at the angel in wonder and a little disappointment.

"You don't sound happy… Harry?"

He smiles weakly at her, he seems to ponder something for a while before speaking again. "I just… wanted to do something normal with you. Something only the two of us, being raised as muggles, would… enjoy."

"Like making snow angels?"

Harry shrugs.

Hermione looks at the angel flying over their heads, lost in though. She should've known Harry would want to do this something like this with her. They've been dating for about five months now, and all their time together had been spent in the Wizarding World. Oh, she wants to slap herself! Of course Harry would want something away from , all the magic. Fifth Year had ended horribly what with the last battle against Voldemort, Harry wanted a break from magic in general, why hadn't she thought so?

Shaking her head slightly, Hermione kneels next to her confused boyfriend, and smiles. "I'm sorry, Harry," she mumbles and leans down to kiss him.

Harry, shocked as he clearly is, doesn't hesitate to kiss her back, nor does he stop when snowflakes start to fall around them. After a few minute kissing softly, Hermione lays down next to him, snuggling into his chest.

"Still want to make snow angel?"

Harry chuckles and then kisses her temple. "Not right now, no. I'm pretty fine here with you."

"Well played, Potter, stall all you want. But keep in mind, I'm the Queen of snow angles."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End.

Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.2.7

-->