Unofficial Portkey Archive

Unhinged by nikki13088
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Unhinged

nikki13088

Draco opened his eyes and was met by white. He stood up and looked at his surroundings. Everywhere he turned he was met with a whiteness for miles; nothing else in sight. He looked down at himself and he was clean; no blood, no bruises, no scars from his own self inflictions or his father's doing. He thought that he should feel panicked but he didn't, he felt peace and warm, something he wasn't use to feeling. Was this heaven? He thought to himself.

"Pretty amazing isn't it?" Draco turned around and was taken aback by who the voice came from.

"George? What are you doing here?" he asked sounding confused.

"No Draco, I'm Fred"

"What? But your............dead" he said panic now rising in his voice.

"Ah, nice to see that poison hasn't completely destroyed your brain" he joked.

"But if you're dead then............Am I dead?" he said trying to understand the situation.

"Your in-between mate" he said slapping him on the back.

"What does that mean?"

"It means you get to choose"

"Choose? Between living or dying? What do you think, of course I want to live" Draco snarled sounding a bit annoyed.

"Do you?" came another voice behind him.

Draco turned to see Lupin standing there.

"Professor?" Draco said, his voice trying to hide any emotion from it.

"Do you truly want to live Draco?" Lupin repeated.

"Yes" Draco answered through clenched teeth.

"Are you sure? Because this is what you've been contemplating for a while now. To live to die; you just couldn't bring yourself to go through with it during your many attempts. But now here you are already half way there and all you have to do is decide." Lupin thoughtfully said.

Draco thought for a moment, did he want to go back? Did he want to live? Was there anything worth him going back for? He wouldn't have to endure the wrath of his father tormenting him. He wouldn't have to face himself everyday and remember how worthless he really is. Everything would be so much easier to just go with death.

"I......I don't know" he answered truthfully looking up at Lupin and Fred.

"Answer something for me Draco" another voice rang out. Draco turned around and was face to face with Severus Snape. His eyes went wide.

"This isn't happening right now" Draco mumbled to himself running his fingers through his hair.

"Indeed it is" came Snape's familiar sarcastic voice. "Ask yourself, is there anything worth going back for?" Snape said putting a hand on Draco's shoulder.

Draco looked at the man's hand on his shoulder. He felt so guilty knowing he stood on the same side as Voldemort. The same man who was responsible for the death of the man before Draco. For the two people standing behind him even. His couldn't help the tears that were forming in his eyes. He shook his head.

"No.........No there's nothing" he whispered.

Snape gave a frown by his answer.

"Then how about someone?" a voice rang out over all of them. Draco's heart sank when he turned to see Dumbledore standing behind him. He was as magnificent looking as Draco remembered.

Draco dropped to his knees and rubbed his face and ran his hand through his hair again. Was he being punished by seeing the faces of the people he betrayed? The people, who were trying to help him, make him see there was always another way even when he didn't see it. Dumbledore walked over to him and put a gentle hand on Draco's head.

"My boy you have a lot to think about. You still see yourself as this monster."

"AIN'T I?" Draco yelled out, tears falling down his face.

"You really believe that after you saved Miss Weasley's life?" Dumbledore asked in a soft voice.

Draco completely forgot about Ginny and the poison. He was too distracted by his current surroundings.

"Ginny? She's alive? Is she ok?" he asked quickly.

"She is going to be just fine Draco" Lupin said in a reassuring voice.

Draco couldn't help the smile that formed on his face. He did it; he was able to save her. He wished he could see her, see her smile again.

"Ah, so there is someone worth going back for" Dumbledore said with a bit of amusement. Draco stood up and looked at the old man. He had the signature twinkle in his eyes.

"I don't know sir. I don't know what to do. I can't even look at myself without feeling guilty. I don't deserve anything good."

They all looked at Draco with a sad face.

"Draco we are here to welcome you and to guide you. We don't see you any other way except as Draco. It is time for you to start thinking for yourself and making your own choices. Stop being afraid to live" Dumbledore said walking over to the others.

"BUT I AM AFRAID" Draco shouted suddenly. "I'M AFRAID TO FEEL ANYTHING. TO GET CLOSE AND THEN THEY DIE. SO MANY PEOPLE AROUND ME HAVE MET DEATH TOO SOON. I DESERVE THE TORMENTED LIFE I'M IN" he cried out.

Nobody spoke for a moment, they just watched Draco. He looked at them all and he saw them all exchange a look and nod. Dumbledore then spoke.

"You're not ready yet Draco, you have so much more left in you" Dumbledore's voice started fading.

"WAIT!" Draco called out. The whiteness around him started to dim and it was turning to blackness once more. He looked frantically around and didn't see them anymore. He heard his name being called out.

"DRACO!"

He tried opening his eyes but he just heard screaming and crying. His body was paralyzed it seemed. He heard his name called out again and people talking loudly. It all sounded muffled as if he were underwater. He tried again to open his eyes. All he could see was dark figures around him. He tried to call out but he couldn't, he felt hands on his body and something being poured into his mouth. He then saw darkness closing in on him again and soon he was engulfed in nothing but blackness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny woke up to the sound of voices around her. She felt something hot on her face and tried desperately to will her eyes opened. She cracked them opened slightly and immediately regretted it as the sun beamed into her eyes and seemed to have burned her pupils. She lifted her hand over her face to cover the sun from hitting her.

"Let me get that for you dear" came a voice. The lady pulled a curtain around Ginny's bed to block the light.

"Thanks" she said in a hoarse voice.

Ginny finally managed to open her eyes and saw Madame Pomfrey standing over her bed. As soon as she saw her all the memories of what happened filled her mind. Her expression turned to panic and worry.

"I'll let the others know your wake." Madame Pomfrey said seeing the look on her face.

Ginny watched her walk out of the hospital wing and then shortly a crowd of red heads came running towards her.

"GINNY! OH MY BABY GIRL! I'M SO GLA D YOU'RE ALRIGHT!"Mrs. Weasley cried wrapping Ginny up in her arms.

Ginny let her Mom and Dad squeeze her as tight as they wanted, she didn't care. She was just so happy to have the chance to see them again. She remembered how not to long ago she cried over not being able to say goodbye to her parents. Now here she was alive and being held by her Mom and Dad. She cried in her moms arms and hugged her so tight as if she might float away if she let go.

"Alright alright move over so I can love on my little sis" George's voice erupted over all the crying.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley reluctantly let go and let George sit down next to her. He gave her a huge smile and she could see he was getting emotional which was not like George.

"I'm so glad I didn't lose you Gin. I'm so happy you're ok" he choked out.

Ginny wrapped her arms around him and gave him a tight squeeze. She saw Ron, Harry and Hermione walking over to her. Hermione looked a wreck but had a huge smile on her face. George helped Ginny get to her feet. She was still a bit wobbly from everything and then she gave a group hug to the trio.

"It's so good to see your feeling better Ginny" Hermione said wiping the tears from her eyes.

"I can't believe how much better I feel. I thought I was going to die. How long have I been out?"Ginny said wiping away tears of her own.

"You both have been out for almost two days now" Harry said.

"You both?" Ginny asked confused and her eyes instinctively looked around the hospital room.

There in the corner of the hospital wing was Draco unconscious. She put her hands over her mouth and ran over to him.

"What happened to him?" she asked, new tears now falling down her face.

"He used the Hauriendum spell on you. He absorbed quite a bit of the poison from you during the spell. As soon as he performed it the wards fell and we immediately apparated to Hogsmeade where McGonagall had a direct Portkey to Hogwarts waiting for us. Madame Pomfrey gave you both the antidote and well........here we are." Hermione explained.

"He saved your life" Harry chimed in.

Ginny turned to look at them all. She was in disbelief that Draco was more than willing to give his life to try and save her. Everyone in the hospital wing was looking at her with a small smile. She turned back to Draco and sat down on his bed next to him. He looked like he was dead. His skin was so much paler than normal. His hair didn't seem as blonde as it always did and his face was completely relaxed. He looked so peaceful laying there.

"Is he going to be ok?" she asked suddenly.

Madame Pomfrey came walking over to her and put a hand on her shoulder. "He is tougher than I thought Miss Weasley. It is my hope that he pulls through"

Ginny gave her a small nod.

"Come on dear let's go get you cleaned up and something to eat" Mrs. Weasley said leading Ginny out of the hospital wing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny sat in the Great Hall once again finding herself pushing around her food and looking over to the empty Slytherin table. The school was empty and there were only some of the Professors and some Order members that were here. McGonagall was hopeful that maybe after the holiday break students would come back to the school. Right now it was just being used for Order meetings and a place for temporary shelter. McGonagall was in tears when she saw Ginny was ok and quite upset when she heard Draco still hadn't woken up. Kingsley Shacklebolt, who was the new Minister of Magic, was there as well. He was still with the Order but wasn't around a lot due to his new position at the Ministry. He was talking with McGonagall about the investigation that was going on. He was still trying to find out who at the Ministry was working with Lucius. Harry, Ron and Hermione were talking to George about his shop and Arthur and Molly kept asking Ginny every few minutes if she was ok.

"Mom please, I'm feeling fine, I'm just worried about Draco" she said honestly.

"Have you grown to care for the boy Ginny?" Her father asked with a slight smile.

"I....uh.....well he did save my life and I just hope he makes it through this is all. Besides we're friends........I think."

Molly and Arthur looked at each other and gave a small snicker. Ginny rolled her eyes. Things weren't like that with Draco. He made that clear back at the Manor. She was so confused by his actions she didn't even know how she felt about him. She did know that she was scared to lose him. She also thought about that kiss they shared. She felt herself smiling and was pulled from her thoughts when her Mom spoke again.

"Oh by the way everyone, in a few more days we are going to go back to the Burrow for Thanksgiving and stay there through the holidays. Now hopefully Draco will be feeling better by that time because we think its best he stays with us." Mrs. Weasley said cheerfully.

"There's no way Draco Malfoy would willingly stay at the Burrow with a bunch of Weasley's" Ron stated.

"Just you hush Ronald, your father and I will ask him and Professor McGonagall will speak with him about it. The wards around the Burrow are just as good as Hogwarts now so he would probably be safer there. Besides the Burrow would be the last place Lucius and the Death Eaters would look for Draco."

"If you say so Mom" Ron said stuffing his face with food.

"Will Bill and Charlie be there Mom" Ginny asked.

"I think so; it will be nice to have everyone together again. I'm afraid Percy will not be joining us though"

Ginny gave her Mom a small frown but nodded that she understood. She then thought about how it would be if Draco actually agreed to stay with them at the Burrow. It would definitely make for an interesting holiday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draco felt like he was falling. He felt his head spinning and was waiting to hit the bottom of whatever it was he was falling to. His heart was pounding rapidly and he was breathing heavy. He finally stopped falling suddenly and then sat up abruptly. He looked around the room hastily in a state of panic. The room was spinning and he closed his eyes tightly and then opened them again. The room started to slow down and come into view. Was he in the hospital wing? If so then that meant he was at Hogwarts which meant he was alive? He didn't know for sure all he knew was that he needed to see Ginny right this moment. He needed something to pull him back to reality. He threw his legs over the bed and he pulled back the curtain on the side of his bed and saw he was definitely in the hospital wing. Madame Pomfrey came running over to him.

"Mr. Malfoy please get back into bed you're in no state to get up" she said trying to push him back down.

He looked at her his eyes were wide with confusion and panic.

"Where are my clothes?" He quickly asked.

"Mr. Malfoy you need to r-

"WHERE ARE MY CLOTHES?" he screamed at her.

She jumped back at his rage and then pointed to the side cabinet next to him. He grabbed his clothes and pulled the curtains back to change quickly.

"Mr. Malfoy I know you're probably very confused right now, but you need to get some rest"

"I'm fine" he said slipping his shirt on and pulling the curtain back open. "Where's Ginny?"

"Mr. Malfoy, I'm sure you can see Miss Weasley another-

"WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE?" he yelled.

She took another step back shaking her head, "I don't know, probably at dinner" she answered with a bit of fear in her voice.

He quickly strode past her and gave a quick "Thanks" over his shoulder.

He didn't know what it was, but he needed to see Ginny. He needed to know she was ok regardless of what Dumbledore and the others said during his near death experience. He needed proof that he was successful in saving her. He didn't care how he looked; he didn't care if he looked like a complete nutcase he just needed to lay eyes on her. He walked as fast as he could looking down every hall for that mass of red hair he was so use to seeing in his mind. He was getting emotional just thinking about her. When he got to the Great Hall he saw it was empty and then quickly made his way to Gryffindor tower. He ran as fast as he could to get there as if he thought he might abruptly be told he was in a dream and he really was dead. He skidded around a corner and down the hall there she was. She was standing outside of the portrait hole saying goodnight to her family with Harry, Ron and Hermione. He just stood there looking at her; he couldn't believe she was standing there. He gave an emotional laugh and had to hold back the tears that swelled up in his eyes. Ginny must have seen him staring at her because she turned to look at him. Her eyes grew three times the size and the biggest smile crept across her face. The rest of them noticed Draco and were surprised to see him suddenly standing there.

"DRACO!" Hermione called happily.

Draco ran as fast as he could down the hall. Everyone was a bit taken aback at how fast he was approaching them. He had a determined look on his face and then stopped just a few feet away from them all. He was breathing hard and his eyes were locked on Ginny's the whole time. He didn't know what it was about her but he needed to feel her, that she was real, and that she was here in this life with him. He closed the distance between them in a few strides and wrapped her in a hug. He held her so tightly he didn't want to let go. He felt her immediately lock her arms around him and sob into his chest. He buried his face in her shoulder and let his emotions come to surface. He felt Harry give him a small pat on the back. The rest of them thought they should give Draco and Ginny a moment alone. There was a few, "Nice to have you back" comments as the rest of them walked into the portrait hole. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley smiled at each other at embrace between the two and then followed the rest of them into the common room. Draco broke away from Ginny and then grabbed her hand and led her to a side closet down the hall. He pulled her in and closed the door then turned to face her.

"Draco, are you ok?" she asked sounding worried.

He just stared at her for a moment and ran his hands through his hair. He was fidgeting like crazy and then grabbed her face and crashed his lips against hers. She willingly let him in and kissed him back with such force and passion as he was to her. He slid his hands into her hair and grabbed it in his hands and pulled her closer to him. He pulled away suddenly and took a few steps back. He looked at her again. Her lips were red from the kiss they shared and her breathing became heavy. Her hair was a mess and she just stared at him.

"I thought I lost you" was all he could manage.

"I thought I lost you to" she cried.

"I'm scared Ginny, I'm so fucking scared." He said half crying half panicking.

Ginny just watched him. What happened to him during the time he was unconscious? He was all over the place.

"You don't need to be scared Draco, I'm fine now and so are you" she said trying to walk over to him.

He put his hand out to stop her and then paced in a circle. He was fighting with himself on his feelings. He looked at her and he grabbed her face again and pressed his lips to hers. Again she welcomed his lips and tongue. She felt herself back up into a wall as he passionately explored her mouth with his. Ginny let out a soft moan and then he stopped. He leaned his forehead against hers and they were both breathing heavy.

"That's not what I mean Ginny, that's not what I'm scared about" he breathed out and then pushed himself off of her "I'm glad you're ok" he said and then quickly left the storage closet leaving Ginny once again completely confused.

Ginny walked back into the Gryffindor common room and everyone turned to look at her. She just walked past them and went up to the girls dorms. She threw herself on her bed and thought about what just happened in the storage closet. As much as she wanted to be annoyed and upset she couldn't help the butterflies that were invading her stomach. When Draco kissed her it's like her entire world filled with color again. There was just her and him and nothing else. She heard Hermione come into her room.

"Ginny what's going on? Where's Draco?"

Ginny sat up on her bed. "I don't know" she said absentmindedly.

"Ginny? Are you ok? What did Draco say?"

Ginny smiled again thinking back to her encounter just a moment ago with the Slytherin.

"He kissed me again" she said beaming while staring off into space.

"Wow what?" Hermione shrieked sitting down on the bed next to her.

"Yeah I know, wow is right"

"Your smiling though, I'm guessing you're glad about this?"

"I was and I am but he pulled away again. Then he kissed me again and then said he was scared and abruptly left" Ginny sighed.

"Oh" was all Hermione could say.

"Yeah, I think I'm going to talk to him but I'll give him some time. He was acting panicked and confused; maybe he just wasn't thinking clearly and it was all a mistake."

"Yeah maybe.................and maybe not" Hermione added with a smirk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day Draco woke up and saw he had slept in until around lunch time. His body was still recovering from the events of the last few days. He lay in bed for a few minutes just thinking about all that's happened. He thought back to his dream with Dumbledore; well it wasn't a dream he was actually there. To know he was able to decide on whether to keep living or end it all was a lot for him to process. In the end he wasn't even sure if he made the choice on his own to come back or if Dumbledore and the others decided for him. He was grateful to be back when he saw Ginny but as soon as he laid eyes on her all the fear he had of losing her again came back. He felt horrible for confusing her; he knew she was probably more than fed up with him at this point. He wouldn't be surprised if she didn't even want to see him again. He realized that he probably just blew any chances of something more happening between them. Then he kept getting that broken record going off in his head asking "Do you want something more?" He decided to push his thoughts aside and get dressed and head down to lunch.

Draco walked into the Great Hall and noticed it was quite different than the normal crowd. There was just some staff there and the Weasley family and of course Harry and Hermione. He felt extremely out of place and thought about turning to leave when he heard his name.

"DRACO, SO GOOD TO SEE YOU UP AND ABOUT" Mrs. Weasley squealed running over to him and wrapping him up in a tight hug.

Draco felt his body being squished against hers and he felt so awkward at the gesture. He looked at the others over Molly's shoulder to see them snickering at the look on his face.

"Mr. Weasley and I wanted to thank you for saving Ginny's life" she said pulling back and placing her hands on his shoulders.

Mr. Weasley held out his hand to shake Draco's which he accepted. "Draco, what you did not many would do, so thank you" Arthur said shaking his hand.

Draco didn't think he could feel any more uncomfortable. They were making him out to be some kind of hero and that was something he definitely was not. He just gave a small nod.

Mrs. Weasley led him over to sit with her and Arthur and she started talking his ear off.

"Now Draco, we would just love for you to come and stay with us for the holidays, you are more than welcomed. We think it would be a great place for you to hide out for a while until the next plan of action takes place." she said quickly.

"Oh" was all Draco could get out. He saw Ginny look at him with a small smile. She knew how uncomfortable he felt right now.

"Just think about it dear. It will be better than being alone for the holidays" Molly said with a bright smile.

Draco just gave a half smile and grabbed an apple then headed out of the Great Hall.

"Nice going Mom, you scared the poor bloke away" George joked.

Mrs. Weasley shot him a look and the rest of them laughed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draco walked down the halls as fast as he could away from the Great Hall. He wanted to get as far away as possible from the Weasley family. It's not that he had anything against them he just didn't want to be seen as some hero suddenly just because he made the decision to save Ginny. He took a few bites of his apple and then threw the rest away. He was feeling nauseous from the swirl of emotions he had and the crowd of thoughts invading his mind.

"Mr. Malfoy?"

He turned around to see McGonagall standing down the hall.

"Mr. Malfoy I would like a word with you please"

He nodded and followed her to her office. When they arrived at her office she sat down and gestured for Draco to have a seat in front of her desk. She looked at him for a few moments with her hands folded. She looked like she was choosing her words carefully before speaking.

"I'm glad to see you have made a full recovery Mr. Malfoy"

"Thanks" Draco said quietly.

"It was very courageous of you to put your life on the line for-

"Please don't" he interrupted her.

"Excuse me? Please don't what Mr. Malfoy?"

He let out an agitated sigh and ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

"Tell me about how courageous and shit I am"

"Language Mr. Malfoy" she looked at him sternly.

"Sorry Professor, but I'm not a hero and I'm not brave at all. The whole thing is a joke. If anything I'm a fool and a coward" he said looking away from her.

"Mr. Malfoy why is it that you find it so hard to think of yourself as a good person?"

Draco half laughed at this, was she joking?

"Isn't it obvious? It's kind of hard to think you're a good person when your father is responsible for killing so many people. I don't think I can ever let go of the guilt inside me."

"Mr. Malfoy if I may? I think you need to remember that you and your father are separate people. His actions do not reflect on you. You get to make your own choices and you need to stop being afraid to live your life" she said looking at him with a small smile.

Draco gave a small smirk, "Yeah, that's what Dumbledore said too" he sighed.

"Dumbledore?" McGonagall asked with much interest leaning a little closer to him over her desk.

"Never mind" he said slouching down in his chair.

McGonagall gave him a look as if he didn't need to explain. She leaned back with her arms folded. "Well Dumbledore always was a wise man"

"Ha, yeah, that he was" Draco whispered.

"Have you given any thought to Mrs. Weasley's offer?" McGonagall asked changing the subject.

"There's no way I can stay with a house full of Weasley's."

"Why not, you stayed at Malfoy Manor with your sworn enemy for two weeks and survived"

"Yeah barely"

"Mr. Malfoy I'm going to be a bit blunt here. I think it's time you stopped living in the past and stopped feeling sorry for yourself. Be thankful you're alive and embrace each day. If you feel so guilty knowing that good people died at the hands of your father or Lord Voldemort then perhaps you should at least take full advantage of the life you still have and still get to keep."

"I haven't had a fair chance at trying to live a life away from the wrath of my father" Draco shot back angrily.

"But you do now" McGonagall said firmly. She stood from her desk and stared at Draco for a few moments. She gestured her hand that he was free to leave. He got up and walked towards the door and stopped when she spoke again. He kept his back to her.

"Mr. Malfoy at least think about Mrs. Weasley's offer"

He gave a small nod and then headed out the door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the evening before they were all heading back to the Burrow for the holidays. Thanksgiving was in a couple of days and Mrs. Weasley wanted them all there the day that Bill and Charlie showed up. Hermione was making her way down to the library to grab a few books to take with her over the holiday. She was so happy when McGonagall agreed to let her borrow what she wanted. She was rummaging through the many aisles of books looking for specific ones she had mentally made notes of reading in the future. She pulled a book out and saw Draco through the book shelf looking at other books. She made her way around the book shelf to him.

"Hey Draco" she said sticking her books in her bag.

"Oh hey Granger" he said grabbing a book from a nearby shelf.

"What are you doing here?" she asked him curiously.

"Not sure really, just seeing if anything looks worth reading" he said randomly taking a book here and there out from the shelf and studying it for a moment.

"So are you coming with us tomorrow?" she cautiously asked.

"I don't think so. I'm better off staying here I think" he said taking a small stack of books and making his way to the corner of the library to sit down.

Hermione furrowed her eyebrows and then followed him to the corner and sat down across from him. She let out a light sigh and then put her bag down.

"You know I wanted to tell you how glad I am that you're alright" she said playing with a pulled thread on her sleeve.

"Thanks don't get all sappy on me now" he smirked.

She gave a slight laugh and then became serious again. "What's going on with you and Ginny?"

"What do you mean?" he said pulling a book up over his face hoping she'll drop the subject.

"You know what I mean" she said pulling down the book from his face.

Draco gave an annoyed sound. "Granger its none of your business, now leave me be"

"It is my business when Ginny is being affected by your actions. She is completely confused. Why did you kiss her and then again act like nothing happened?" Hermione said sounding upset with him.

She wanted to help Draco see life in a different way and wished he would act on his feelings for Ginny but she couldn't keep letting him toy with Ginny's emotions.

"I'm not trying to confuse her. It's just complicated ok?" he said in a finalizing tone.

She gave him a cold stare and then swiftly got up and grabbed her bag to leave. Halfway towards the door she heard Draco call out to her.

"I'm in love with her" he said looking at the floor.

Hermione turned around and walked back over to him and sat down.

"You're in love with Ginny?" a mixture of shock and happiness on her face.

"Yes, but I don't want to be"

"What? Why?" Hermione asked.

"I don't know. I don't know why I get like this. Maybe it's because i don't want to get to close and then lose her. Maybe she doesn't feel the same way. Maybe I'm afraid that she's going to get more hurt if we're together. Maybe I just feel like I don't deserve any kind of happiness." he said not realizing he was now standing and pacing back and forth.

"Draco....-

"But then..............Every time I see her I can't stop myself. Every time I see her I just want to hold her in my arms to know she's really there. Then I think that it could never be and that she deserves someone better. Then I end up talking myself out of going through with acting on my feelings." he sighed sitting back down. He was a bit embarrassed at how he just put his feelings out there right in front of Hermione.

"Wow Draco, you must really love her"

"I don't know, do I? Ugh I can't take this anymore. I think it's just best to leave it be" he said in a frustrated growl running his hands through his hair.

Hermione opened her mouth to protest but Draco left abruptly and she decided not to say anything more. She thought if she should tell Ginny what Draco had said about her but she didn't want Draco to think he couldn't trust her. She sighed then grabbed her bag and headed back to Gryffindor tower.