Unofficial Portkey Archive

Unhinged by nikki13088
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Unhinged

nikki13088

"There must be at least 50 Death Eaters in this camp, how the bloody hell do we expect to make it the other side unnoticed?" Ron whispered.

"Maybe a distraction? Something to get them all in one place so we can get passed?" Hermione suggested.

"What kind of distraction exactly?" Harry asked.

She quickly unbuckled Ron's belt and slid it off from around his pants.

"Uh, Hermione, I don't think this is the time or place for that." Ron whispered, looking a bit taken aback and trying to grab his belt back.

She shook her head, "Get your head out of the gutter Ronald" she said walking over to Draco.

She bent the belt in half and handed it to him. "Put this in your mouth."

"What?" he asked her with a confused look and apparently everyone else was wondering what she was up to.

She pulled out her wand and pointed it to Draco and he quickly caught on and bit down on the belt.

"Sorry Draco........ Crucio!" she said as loud as she could without any nearby Death Eaters hearing her.

Draco automatically bit down on the belt as the pain ran through his body and he was soon brought to his knees trying desperately not to scream out. They watched his eyes turn to ice and he soon screamed out in pain as the belt fell to the ground. Draco's loud scream was enough to draw attention to them and before they knew it at least a dozen or so Death Eaters were making their way over to them.

Spells came at them from every direction, but before any of them could hit them, they all froze in mid air into sharp jagged ice pieces and Draco threw them backwards making them collide with at least 10 other Death Eaters. When he realized he had a handle on his powers, he made a move and ran out to the rest of the Death Eaters sending a burst of sharp ice chips at one of them making them scream out in pain and reach up to his eye where one had pierced through it. Draco made his fist ice over and swiftly brought it up to collide with another man's face, causing his head to smash into a bloody mess and he fell dead to the floor.

The others quickly followed close behind him shooting spells of their own at any Death Eaters coming their way. Draco suddenly felt himself being flung backwards along with the others behind him and then hit the ground hard. He quickly jumped to his feet and tried to keep advancing towards the building he hoped Ginny would be in when he heard someone yell out to him.

"TAKE ANOTHER STEP AND HE DIES" came a man's voice as he had Ron pinned to the ground with a knife to his throat.

Draco stopped running and turned around taking in the scene and noticed the others were held at wand point and soon they were completely surrounded. Part of him wanted to keep running, but he knew he couldn't and he dropped his head in defeat as two Death Eaters grabbed him roughly and made him drop to his knees next to the rest of them.

"You lot are unbelievable........ walking right into a Death Eater camp thinking you'll get out alive." said one of the camp leaders. "Kill them all but leave these two alive" he said, gesturing to Harry and Draco.

The Death Eaters moved in on them and then a bright light burst down between them and it took Draco a moment to believe what he was seeing as McGonagall, Kingsley, Arthur, Charlie, George and Luna appeared before them and he took that chance to run for it. He heard spells and curses being thrown in every direction as he jumped out of the way of exploding buildings and flying bodies. His mind was only focused on that building he saw before him, the one he hoped Ginny was in and that she was ok.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny's eyes were tightly shut, waiting for the brutal blow she was about to endure, her mind went to her babies and how she didn't want any harm to come to them. Even though her eyes were shut she could sense the man's fist getting ready to fly towards her and she heard a loud bang causing her to snap her eyes open. She went to turn her head to the man about to hit her when she felt something wet splash against her hair and face. She soon realized the wetness was hot and peeked her eyes open looking through the cracks in her hair to see a thick piercing shard of ice sticking through the man's chest. She realized it was blood that hit her and she watched as the man fell dead to the floor and behind him stood Draco.

She couldn't move or speak, all she could do was tremble in shock and opened and closed her mouth a few times before an emotional cry gasped from her mouth and she slid down the wall. Draco ran over to her and kneeled before her, lifting her face to his and he studied every inch of it. Her pale skin was covered in dirt and blood, her cheek and lips were swollen and bleeding, her eyes puffy and red and her once vibrant hair was almost unrecognizable with all the mud in it. He felt anger rise in him at seeing her in such a state and his emotions started to surface and he couldn't help the swell of tears that stung his eyes.

"Ginny? It's ok........ I'm here.... are you alright?" he choked out gently grabbing her shoulders.

The sound of Draco's voice reaching her ears made the tears start to freely flow; she couldn't believe he was here..... was this real? She just continued to shake in disbelief and then she felt him unlock her shackles and he grabbed one of her hands. As soon as he did this he saw her turn angry and turned to Percy, who was standing behind Draco with his wand drawn.

"Don't.... move or you both..... die." he fought out as he was a bit shocked at the brutal attack Draco just inflicted upon the other Death Eater.

Soon the others met up with Draco and they all had their wands drawn on Percy, who placed his wand down in defeat and held his hands up.

"YOU TRAITOROUS BASTARD!" George yelled, grabbing him roughly by the shirt and slamming him hard against the wall. "WORKING WITH THE SAME PEOPLE THAT MURDEDRED FRED.......YOUR OWN BROTHER!" he bellowed with rage and Arthur grabbed him back to try and calm him.

Nobody had ever seen George act like this, he wasn't normally an angry person and they were surprised at his reaction.

Arthur turned to Percy. "How could you do this? To your sister, to your family......... you are no son of mine."

"Please, Father, I'm glad to hear you say that, your all stupid if you think you stand any chance against Lucius. In the end....... I rather be on the winning side of things." he spat.

"YOU SON OF BITCH!" Ron ran forward, grabbing him and sent his fist flying across his face and then brought it back again landing another one to his nose.

"RON STOP!" Bill said, pulling him back off of Percy.

Percy leapt forward and grabbed his wand and went to send a curse at Ron when he was hoisted back against the wall and found himself in a fiery bind. Ginny walked over to him holding a deadly flame in her hand and was ready and willing to bring an end to her traitorous brother.

"GINNY NO!" Arthur yelled, grabbing her arm tightly. "You don't want to do this." he whispered to her.

She turned to look at her Father, she could see the hurt in his eyes, which only made her want to hurt Percy even more, but she knew he was right and with that she distinguished the flame and released the binds around her brother. Percy fell to the ground, breathing heavily and before he could say anything else Bill knocked him unconscious.

"We need to get out of here, but with this large of a group that might be impossible. Mnerva, use the Port Key we made to get to the new location and Arthur and I will go with Ginny to travel by floo." Kingsley said.

"I'm staying with Ginny" Draco demanded.

"Very well, come on you lot lets go." McGonagall said quickly taking out a pocket watch with a long chain.

The rest of them grabbed a hold of the chain to the watch and felt a familiar tug behind their navels and were soon gone. Kinglsey walked over to Percy's unconscious body and collected a vial of memories from him to later examine.

"Arthur and I will see if the close is clear to sneak into the woods, stay here." Kingsley said as he and Arthur slipped out the door.

Draco turned back to Ginny and saw her standing there just looking at her unconscious brother. He gently put a hand on her shoulder....... she seemed different.......he was worried about her.

"Ginny?"

She jumped at the sound of his voice and quickly turned to him, again a look of disbelief was on her face, was this real? She thought to herself. She felt him grab her into a hug and felt him tighten his hold on her and then she smelled that familiar scent, the one that always brought her back, the one she remembered from the shirt she tightly clutched in her hands when she almost thought Draco was dead. She quickly realized that he was actually here holding her and very much alive. She brought her arms up and hugged him back as tight as she could, letting all the fear and worry of losing him out. She forgot how safe she felt in his arms and all she wanted to do was have him hold her forever.

"Are you alright?" he asked her, bringing her face up to his as he studied her injuries.

She winced as he attempted to touch one of the cuts on her cheek. "I missed you so much, I.......I can't believe you're actually here." she said quickly grabbing him again tightly and burying her face in his chest.

Draco wasn't sure how he didn't take notice of it sooner, but he felt the bump that was Ginny's belly against him and he suddenly pulled back and stared at it.

"Whoa...... that's..... that's our baby?" he asked with a surprised look on his face.

Ginny smiled at him and placed a hand on her stomach. "Yep, sure is." she said, deciding to break the news of twins to Draco when they got somewhere safer.

"Can I.....uh..." he trailed off.

Ginny gave him an even bigger smile and gently took his hand and placed it on her stomach and soon Draco placed his other hand on it also. She saw the smile that spread across his face and her heart melted, god did she miss seeing that smile and the feeling of his hands on her. He leaned in closer and was just about to kiss her when Arthur and Kingsley ran back into the room.

"Time to go guys" Arthur said in a frenzy.

Draco grabbed Ginny's hand and they followed them out of the room.

They darter outside and Draco just kept his hand tightly around Ginny's and just kept running. They ran as fast as Ginny could, given her pregnant condition as Arthur and Kingsley threw spells over their shoulders at any remaining Death Eaters that followed them. Ginny felt her body fill with fear at every spell being shot out; afraid that her body might fail her as she tried with any strength left in her to keep running. She felt Draco tighten his grip more on her as his way of telling her not give up and it only fueled her more to keep going.

They heard Arthur and Kingsley start to slow down and they did the same; turning to them to see what the next move was.

"We need to get to a working Floo Network; there is another small Muggle town just up ahead and I have a connection at one of the shops there." Kingsley explained, as he wiped the blood from a cut on his head.

They nodded and followed Kingsley as fast as they could before anymore Death Eaters could catch up with them.

They continued walking and Arthur filled them all in on Neville and Molly's condition. Neville was at St. Mungo's and was in critical condition and Molly had finally come around and had her head healed in the hospital. She stayed back with Neville to finish resting and to be there for him, although Arthur had to persuade her to stay back as he went to help the others. He had sent a message to McGonagall, who had said she was with Kinglsey and so that's how they found each other.

"So where is this new location?" Draco asked.

"It's a farmhouse, actually, in the middle of this great big field, its another small Muggle town that hasn't been touched yet and-

"A farmhouse?" Draco cut him off with a bit of a snarl causing Ginny to slap him on the arm.

Kingsley just smiled at this. "It's not what you think Draco, it is more for production of corn and other crops, but the property has been abandoned for a long time now but the house remains in pristine condition. I have been hiding out there and there has been no such activity there, it's even more south than the house Minerva had you at."

"It sounds lovely." Ginny said.

"You say this place hasn't been touched yet by Death Eaters, but how long is that going to last? Are we suppose to just keep running from town to town?" Draco said sounding a bit annoyed.

Kingsley looked past Draco's sour attitude and just smirked. "Well Mr. Malfoy, it is my hope that we will eliminate the main threat before that happens."

"Let's hope so." Draco mumbled continuing to follow him.

They soon arrived at the town up ahead and found most of it was abandoned. It looked like the Death Eaters had already ransacked the town and slaughtered everyone in it. There were bodies on the ground and crumbling buildings lined the streets. Kingsley quickly ran ahead of them to the small shop his friend had owned and was saddened to see he had been killed. He saw the small plump old man on the floor behind the counter of his shop with a knife stuck in his chest. He couldn't say he was surprised, he knew his friend was dedicated to the town and his shop and wouldn't go down without a fight and sadly enough he lost that battle.

"I'm sorry Kingsley." Arthur said, giving him a light pat on the back.

"Thank you Arthur, he was a good man. ......Let's get you lot to safety and I'll return for his body to give him a proper burial." he said in a low voice.

They all walked over to the fireplace and stepped in, then grabbed a small handful of Floo powder and with a swift motion Kinglsey threw it down yelling "the farmhouse" and a wave of green flames swallowed them all. Ginny closed her eyes tightly and before she knew it, she felt her feet hit a hard surface and she peeked her eyes open. She barely had her eyes opened when she felt her Mother grab her tightly in her arms and started crying.

"Oh Ginny, I'm so glad you're safe, I was so worried." she said, noticing her daughter's fresh wounds and cuts on her face. "Are you alright?" she asked, looking her over and touching her cuts causing Ginny to wince in pain.

"Yes, Mom, I'm fine, are you? How's Neville?"

"I think Neville is going to be alright, he has been sleeping a lot, so I came back here to clean this place up a bit and get us all settled in." Molly said gesturing to their supposable new place of residence.

Ginny took in the house and boy was Kingsley right, it sure wasn't just some barn like Draco had thought. It was quite modern and very spacious with a big kitchen with a long table and hardwood floors throughout. The living room was big with a fireplace and then there was a staircase leading up to the second floor where there was an abundance of rooms. Ginny walked over to the window to take in the view and she smiled when she saw the house had a wrap around porch like the last one they were at and her memories took her to the porch swing her and Draco always sat on. The field outside went on and on and you make a small town in the distance, probably even smaller than the last one they stayed in.

"Told you, " Kingsley mumbled to Draco with a smirk.

Draco just gave a small laugh and smirked back.

"Why don't you go wash up guys, the others are resting upstairs so they are scattered about. I have some clothes I transfigured as best I could up there so those will have to make due for now. Now go on." Mrs. Weasley said, shooing them upstairs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny stepped into the shower and winced as the water hit her face; each scratch and cut she endured was stinging. She just watched all the mud and dried blood wash down the drain and her mind went back to the events over the last day or so. She was so exhausted and had contemplated just falling asleep all muddy instead of the shower, but she then thought how much better she would feel once she was clean. Her entire body hurt, her feet and legs were swollen and the dirt was so dried up, she had to scrub harder to get it off. She thought she might give up on the scrubbing, but she just fought through it and eventually she saw that familiar white pale skin.

After she showered and dressed, she walked back to the room she had claimed and found Draco was already showered and sitting on her bed against the wall and had dozed off. She watched him for a few moments and then joined him on the bed. Draco opened his eyes when he felt her get onto the bed and he moved over so she could have her spot against the wall. They lay facing each other and all Ginny wanted to do was kiss those lips she missed for so long, but before either of them could make it to the others they were fast asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny woke up later that evening and saw Draco wasn't next to her and she thought for a moment that it had all been a dream. She took in the room she woke up in and soon realized it was the farmhouse they would now be staying at. She was suddenly overwhelmed with hunger and quickly slipped out of bed and headed downstairs. She was surprised to see everyone was already down in the kitchen and hanging about in the living room.

"There's my little sis" George said, walking over and giving her a big hug followed by Charlie.

This had been Ginny's first time seeing them since before they left for the mission; in fact, she was really just taking in the sight of everyone that had been gone these past few months. She gave them a quick hug and then took a seat at the table where her Mom greeted her with a plate of food waiting. She didn't hesitate on piling food in her mouth and was so engrossed in how hungry she was that she didn't notice Draco staring at her from the living room with a huge smile on his and Harry laughing beside him.

"You look like Ron!" Harry shouted across to her.

"Honestly, I don't even care right now." she said with her mouth full, piling another mound of it into her mouth.

"You leave her be, she must be starving and she's eating for thre-

Ginny quickly coughed over her Mother to cut her off; she hadn't told Draco about them having twins yet and was a little nervous how he would take the news. She had planned on telling him after she had woken up and had a decent meal.

"Guys come over here a moment, so we can discuss some guidelines." McGonagall spoke up.

The rest of them walked over into the kitchen and Draco took a seat beside Ginny, giving her a small smile that she returned.

"Kingsley had to take care of some personal business so I get to break the news to you all." McGonagall said with a nervous look on her face.

"What news is that Minerva?" Arthur asked looking concerned.

"Well, since the Ministry has been overrun and things are a bit of a mess right now........... Kingsley feels its best if we........ stop using magic altogether for a while....... to avoid risking our location."

"WHAT? NO MAGIC?" Ron yelled. "HAS HE GONE MENTAL?"

McGonagall flashed him a look, "No Mr. Weasley, in fact, I think he makes a good point, that Muggle town we stayed at last had remained untouched until we had put up magical wards and used our wands freely. Perhaps if the area hadn't become suspicious they would never have even attacked it........or who knows.... maybe they would have. The point is it's too much of a risk to use magic right now."

"Wait, so does that mean we won't have any wards up either Professor?" Hermione asked.

"I'm afraid so."

"That seems even more risky than taking the chance of putting them up." Molly stated.

"Think about it Molly, without using any magic..... its like we are completely off the grid, but now put a very advanced ward up..... now that's more of a starting point for them to search or attack next." McGonagall explained trying to make them all see the logic in the suggestion.

They were all quiet for a few moments.

"Ok" Arthur said, suddenly causing everyone to look at him. "If Kingsley thinks this will help keep us safer than I'm with him on it and you all should be too." he said looking at all of them.

After a few more moments of silence they each started nodding their agreement.

"Alright then, it's settled. Now Kingsley is also going to go through the memories from the last camp you were at as well as some he got from Percy." she said turning to Bill and the others. "He should hopefully get some kind of of solid info from that and then we will take things from there."

They all nodded.

"Alright, no more of that business talk for tonight, lets play some catching up and just finish settling in the rest of the night." Mrs. Weasley said, taking Ginny's empty plate and washing it out in the sink.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the evening consisted of them all sprawled out in the living room sharing stories about what the girls did while they were away and only a few small stories from the guys' mission. They didn't speak to much of the months they had been gone because their minds kept going to Dean and how dark that time was for many of them. Ginny was sitting next to Draco, and it felt so nice to have him next to her, she couldn't believe she still hadn't kissed those lips yet. She thought if maybe his feelings had changed for her since he had been gone for so long so she was cautious about locking lips with him right now.

"Oh Ginny, I managed to save the booties from the other house." Mrs. Weasley said brightly bringing a bunch of them over to show Draco.

Draco picked some of them up and looked at all of them. "Why are there so many of the same color? Are we having a a four legged baby?" he smirked at her.

Ginny shot her Mom a look and she voiced a silent sorry to her.

"Uh, can I talk to you alone for a moment?" she said, grabbing Draco's arm and pulling him from the couch.

He followed her upstairs to her bedroom and saw her close the door; she then leaned her head against it and let out a nervous breath.

"Is everything alright?" he said, walking over to her.

She walked past him to the other side of the room and started pacing. "I need to tell you something."

Draco stopped her from pacing and gently placed both of his hands on her arms. "Ok, so tell me." he said, looking into her eyes.

She locked her eyes with him and she watched him search her face with those silver orbs as they darted all over taking everything in. She couldn't speak for some reason and neither did he, all she could hear was the sound of them both lightly breathing. She couldn't take it any longer and she quickly lifted her lips to his so fast that he staggered back for a moment at the sudden gesture. She quickly pulled away and looked at him as he just stared at her.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to rush into it, I know you've gone through so much and -

She was cut off when Draco slammed his lips into hers, this time with such force she had to take a step back to steady herself. His hands laced through her hair; bringing her as close as he could to him and she snaked her arms around his neck. They broke apart for a moment, both of their lips were red and swollen from the intense kiss they just shared. Ginny didn't think she could control her hormones any longer, everything about him she had missed these past few months made her want to make up for lost time. She didn't care if she looked like a lunatic right now she needed more of him and so she pulled him to her again and roughly pushed her lips to his. She felt herself back up against the wall and mentally laughed to herself thinking about her first time with Draco in his private room at Hogwarts. She was glad to have the wall for support because by the way he kissed her back, she could tell he was experiencing the same hormonal urges she was as he roughly pushed his lips further against hers. He trailed the same rough kisses down to her neck and kissed and sucked as she let out a soft moan and then she remembered what she had to talk to him about.

"Twins" she breathed out suddenly.

He continued to kiss her body as she willingly let him.

"Hmm?" was all he said as he worked his way back to her lips.

"TWINS!" she said a bit louder this time giving him the chance to take in what she said.

"Twins? What do you mean?" he said, placing another few kissed along her jawline and back to her lips.

"We're having twins," she said gently, placing her hands on his chest to keep him from kissing her again.

He stopped everything at this point and stared at her with a shocked expression. "Like....... as in two babies?"

Ginny bit her lip. "Yes, as in two babies."

"There's two babies in there....... right now?" he said, looking down at her stomach and then back up to her.

She couldn't help the small giggle that escaped her mouth at the look on his face. "Yep, there sure is."

He just looked at her and then she was surprised to see a smile slide across his face and then he started laughing as he leaned his forehead against hers. "Of course we're having twins, because having it any easier just wouldn't seem right now would it?"

She let out a small giggle and then her eyes fluttered up to meet his. "So you're not going to freak out?" she asked in a small voice.

He looked at her again, he could stare at her forever, he thought. "Not until after the babies are born." he smirked.

She let out another small laugh and then she felt his lips against hers again, this time more passionately rather than roughly. She felt him slide his hands under her clothes and he went to take her blouse off when she quickly pushed his hands away. He looked at her with a confused expression.

"What's wrong?"

She didn't look at him, "You don't want to see me naked believe me......... there's a different body under these clothes since the last time you saw it." she said sheepishly.

"Ginny, I don't care about that and you're pregnant of course things are going to change. Come on, here I'll get naked first." he said, sliding his pants, underwear and shirt off. "There."

She bit her lip and couldn't help the blush that came to her face upon noticing his very naked body standing in front of her.

"Fine, but turn around."

He shook his head with a smile and turned away from her. Ginny slid off all her clothes and then covered her very swollen breasts with folded arms.

"Alright, you can turn around."

He turned to look at her and he saw her turn away from him and her cheeks went pink. He walked closer to her and he gently unfolded her arms and put them to her sides. He placed his hands on her stomach and leaned in and kissed her softly and whispered against her lips. "You're even more beautiful than the last time I saw you."

She smiled against his lips and soon she forgot about how self conscious she was a moment ago and got lost in the pleasurable waves that ran through her as they made love.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny slipped out of her bed in the middle of the night from a tangled mess of her and Draco's arms and legs to use the bathroom. She was in the bathroom and gave a relieved sigh as the pressure on her bladder subsided when she heard what sounded like someone coughing. She washed her hands and left the bathroom and put her ear to the stairwell to listen for the noise again. She soon realized it was someone being sick in the downstairs bathroom and she made her way to to them to see if they needed help. She walked up to the door and gave a light knock, but nobody answered so she gently turned the knob and popped her head in.

"Harry? Are you ok?" she said, grabbing a hand towel from the rack and wetting it with cold water.

He pushed himself away from the bowl and sat on the floor against the wall. "Yeah...... I'm fine." he said, wiping his mouth off with a tissue Ginny handed him.

"You look like hell." she said kneeling beside him and gently patted the sweat from his head.

"Just a bad dream is all." he lied, not only was it a bad dream, but it was a vivid replay of Dean's death again.

"Do you want to talk about it?" she said, taking a seat beside him.

He turned to her and gave a small smile, then shook his head. "Nah....... why don't you go get back to bed."

"It's ok....... I'll keep you company for a few more minutes."

She scooted closer to him and laid her head on his shoulder. "Oh.... I'm having twins by the way."

"Seriously?" he said, looking at her with a giant smile.

She nodded. "Yep, I'm grateful Draco took the news better than I could ever dream of."

He gave a small laugh and they sat there in silence for a bit longer just enjoying the others company. He felt Ginny give a shiver and he put his arm around her and gave her a light squeeze.

"Harry?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you ever think about whether we were really supposed to be together and we just....... messed up?"

He laughed at this and she gave a small giggle as well. "Messed up?"

She playfully slapped his arm, "Seriously"

He gave a light sigh. "I think................ I think your exactly with the person you're supposed to be with." he smiled at her.

"Me too, " she said, smiling back.

"Come on, let's get back to bed." he said, getting up and held his hand out for her.

"How about I head to bed and you brush the smell of vomit from your mouth." she laughed.

"Ha, yeah, good idea."

She looked at him for a moment. "Are you sure your alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine.... really. Now go get some sleep."

She gave a small nod and then gave him a quick hug before heading back upstairs to her bedroom.

She climbed back into bed beside Draco and nuzzled against his chest as he wrapped his arms around her.

"What took you so long?" he mumbled, turning to face her.

"It was Harry, I heard him getting sick downstairs...... said it was a bad dream." she shrugged.

"Oh, did he say what it was about?"

"No, he didn't want to talk about it."

"I bet, " he mumbled, knowing Harry was still struggling with the way Dean died.

"What does that mean?" she asked, propping herself up on one arm to better look at him.

"Never mind Ginny, its like 3 in the morning, I'll tell you tomorrow." he said, patting her hand and turning around to face away from her.

"So there is something?" she asked flinging her head over to look at his face; her long hair tickling his exposed chest.

"Goodnight Ginny." he said, using his arm to push her back down onto her pillow.

"Fine, " she sighed.

They laid there in silence and Ginny struggled to try and get back to sleep and Draco couldn't seem to get back to sleep either. All he was thinking about now was that night with Dean and how he wouldn't be lying here with Ginny right now if it wasn't for Harry's decision to save him. He was becoming a bit overwhelmed by his emotions and closed his eyes to calm himself and then let out a steady breath.

"I should be dead, " he whispered.

He felt Ginny sit up and lean over him again with her red locks pouring over his stomach. "What?"

He turned onto his back and looked at her. "Kingsley never told you how Dean died?"

"No, we never asked........ just knowing he was dead was enough at the time." she said in a low voice looking down.

Draco went on to tell her about what led up to Dean's death. "I was the one slipping..... Harry had a firm grip on Dean....... ultimately, Dean would have lived and I would have died.................... but Harry let go of him and made the decision to save my life......." he said the last part in barely a whisper.

Ginny had her hand over her mouth as Draco told her the story and had tears streaming down her face. Draco rubbed his face and eyes to wash away any emotion that may have arisen during his explanation and he sat up.

"Is that what Harry's dream was about?"

"I'm betting so, he's been having them off and on ever since. He feels guilty, but I don't know...... he says he would still make the same decision even if you and I weren't together....... but I feel guilty also, I keep thinking......... did I deserve to live that day instead of Dean?"

Ginny made a move to get out of the bed.

"Where are you going?"

"To go talk to Harry."

"No, " he said, grabbing her arm. "Don't"

"What...... why?"

"Because Ginny, I think that's the last thing he wants to talk about right now." he looked at her sternly.

"Fine, " she said, slipping back into the bed.

She pulled him back to lay beside her and she searched his eyes for what he may be thinking right now. She brought her hand up and ran it through his hair and then trailed her hand down to his shoulder where she could feel one of his many scars from the countless torturous episodes he endured. She traced her fingers over it absent-mindedly and then snuggled in closer to his arms just taking in everything Draco told her.

"I still can't believe you're here with me right now. I missed you so much....... I wasn't sure how much longer I would've been able to handle being away from you." she said wiping away a stray tear.

He hugged her a little tighter and then suddenly jumped out of the bed. "That reminds me, " he said, startling Ginny from his abrupt movement.

He threw on his pants and then quickly left her room, leaving Ginny with a confused expression and a moment later he appeared with her bag that he found out in the field. He climbed back in bed with her and pulled out the bag with the small baby outfit in it.

"I managed to save this." he smiled at her.

She looked at him shocked and a giant smile spread across her face as she read the shirt again.

"I can't believe you found this." she said, taking the shirt from him and studying it. "You know our babies aren't going to be the only ones who love Daddy's kissssses" she laughed.

"Is that so?" he said, catching her lips and pushing her down onto the pillow.

Draco knew how guilty he felt about Dean's death, but every time he was with Ginny and saw her carrying his babies, he couldn't help but be glad it wasn't him who died that day. He knew it was a selfish thought to think and he hated himself for even thinking it, but the amount of happiness that filled him every time he looked into her eyes made him forget about all those negative feelings and emotions he constantly battled with.

A/N: PLEASE REVIEW!!