Unofficial Portkey Archive

Unhinged by nikki13088
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Unhinged

nikki13088

Ginny woke up the next morning with a giant smile on her face as she thought about last night's events and laughed to herself. She looked over and saw Draco wasn't in bed and then looked over onto the floor to see if he had fallen off the bed again. She furrowed her eyebrows when she saw he wasn't there either and then got out of bed and walked out of the bedroom. The sound of someone throwing up rang out from the bathroom across the way and she walked over to the door and gave a knock.

"Draco?"

"DOWNSTAIRS!" Ron yelled out before another round of vomit spilled into the toilet.

Ginny couldn't help but laugh at her poor brother's condition and then made her way downstairs. She looked around for Draco and didn't see him but instead heard another round of hurling coming from the downstairs bathroom. She knocked on the door. "Draco?"

"Come in" he gasped out.

She opened the door and found him slumped over the toilet bowl spitting the rest of the remnants of bile from his mouth.

"I have to say......its rather nice waking up to someone else vomiting for a change." she smirked at him.

"Yeah I bet.......and your enjoying every minute of this aren't you?" he said as another round of vomit came up.

She laughed at him, "I'll leave you to it then." she teased and closed the door.

She made her way to the kitchen to find her Mother making breakfast and she had a frustrated look on her face. Mrs. Weasley was slamming things and mumbling things under her breath as she bustled about the kitchen. Ginny leaned over to McGonagall who was sitting across from her and whispered. "What's wrong with Mom?"

McGonagall tried to hide the smile that came to her face and shook her head to show that she wasn't about to bring the subject up right now.

"Oh......that bad huh?" Ginny smirked. "Hey Mom, what's wrong?" she said ignoring the protesting looks her Professor was giving her.

"WHAT'S WRONG? I'LL TELL YOU!" she yelled suddenly making Ginny wish she had listened to the Headmistress and kept quiet. "I WOKE UP TO A COMPLETE AND UTTER PUKE FEST THIS MORNING AND NOT TO MENTION I CAME DOWN TO THE KITCHEN TORN APART. APPARENTLY THERE WAS A SECOND PARTY AFTER I WENT TO SLEEP LAST NIGHT!" she screamed the last part up towards the ceiling which Ginny knew it was towards the group of people that were all passed out upstairs and who were barfing their brains out.

"I FOUND NEVILLE ASLEEP ON THE TABLE THIS MORNING AND BILL AT THE TOP LANDING OF THE STAIRS. I WENT TO USE THE BATHROOM AND HERMIONE WAS FOR SOME REASON OR ANOTHER IN THE DAMN BATHTUB ASLEEP AND FULLY DRESSED, AND AS FOR LUNA AND HARRY...........I CAN'T EVEN TALK ABOUT THE SCENE I WALKED IN ON." she continued to go off on a rant and soon she went back to mumbling to herself and her occasional slamming of things.

Ginny turned back to McGonagall and snickered.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny made her way out to the back porch later that afternoon and saw Draco asleep in the chair swing that they so often sat in together. She giggled at the horrible sunglasses he must have tried to transfigure out of a comb and some other material Ginny couldn't make out.

"Stop laughing so loudly" he groaned lifting his head to look at her.

"Why are you wearing those, the sun isn't even on your face?"

"No.....but looking out at it is making me want to hurl." he said lying his head back again onto the chair.

"Here let me fix them to actually look somewhat like sunglasses." she laughed taking them off of his face and performing a simple charm to make them take the shape of sunglasses. She handed them back to him.

"Thanks" he mumbled.

"Well guess what?" she said happily.

"No just tell me." he groaned again.

"McGonagall said I could practice my powers and do a lot more. She said it's not going to harm the baby because well...........they are a part of me I guess you could say a natural ability or some stuff like that. She said I could release as much as I want and both me and the baby will be fine so.......we should practice before you have to leave in the morning." she said happily.

He lifted his head to look at her and she smiled at him when she saw how funny the sunglasses looked on him. He laid his head back again and he sighed.

"You don't want to practice do you?" she asked with a smirk.

"Please remind me to never drink again." he let out another groan of discomfort.

"Well at least your happy drunk, by the way where is that rock you were talking about?" she teased him pretending to look around for it.

"Rock? What rock?" he asked confused.

"Never mind" she giggled.

She continued to laugh at him and then McGonagall came walking out and went over to the middle of the field. She took out her wand and preformed the same ward like dome that Draco and Ginny had practiced in the first time.

"Mr. Malfoy you need to pull yourself together.......it's time for practice. Your going to be leaving on a lengthy mission in the morning and it would be nice if you were a little more prepared. That goes for all of you lot to." She indicated to the rest of them piling out of the house that she forced to come watch.

Draco sighed and then pulled himself up off the swinging chair, he was so sluggish and just a complete mess. Everyone else was feeling the same way as they all took a seat on the steps or in some chairs scattered about rather than standing. Draco pulled of the glasses his mind had thanked him for wearing and threw them aside, instantly regretting the removal of them. He gave a long yawn and slowly made his way to the middle of the dome that McGonagall created and pulled out his wand. McGonagall just shook her head at all of them and then joined the rest of them near the porch.

"Mr. Malfoy.....Miss Weasley I trust I don't have to mention the fact that you both can't be as.......physically intense as some of your past practices since circumstances are much different now." She said meaning Ginny's pregnancy.

Ginny nodded and Draco gave another yawn and lazily nodded as well. McGonagall looked at Draco for a moment and was a bit annoyed at how he wasn't taking practice more seriously and then she pulled out her wand. "Mr. Malfoy one of the things I think you both will notice is how your powers seem to surface when you feel a sense to protect the other which I find quite interesting. Don't you think?"

"Yep" he said swaying back and forth as if he were bored.

"AFFLIGO!" McGonagall yelled out sending a blasting spell right at Ginny.

The spell didn't even make it to Ginny as it was frozen in mid air and it hovered in front of her for a moment before it fell to the ground. Her eyes went wide and she looked first at Draco who had stopped it and then at McGonagall in surprise.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT PROFESSOR?" Draco yelled sounding furious.

Everyone on the porch seemed to forget about their throbbing headaches and nausea at the sudden gesture McGonagall had just done.

"That Mr. Malfoy is exactly my point. Now that I have all of your attention let's begin." she said ignoring Draco's glaring. "You see your powers work on instinct especially when it comes to protecting the other BUT what we need to work on is control. Your both able to conjure your powers up it seems but you need to learn to build off of it. The tricky part about that........is trying to keep your mind in the here and now. The first sign that your about to lose control is the change in the appearance of your eyes.......if they turn over .......well let's just say it can and more often than not will turn deadly. This is what you both need to avoid and that is why we need to practice........understand?" She said with such a serious tone that all eyes were glued to her.

"WHAT IF THAT SPELL HIT HER?" Draco yelled.

"It wouldn't have......Miss Weasley would've stopped it." She said nodding towards Ginny who was holding a ball of fire in her hand.

She didn't even realize she had conjured up her powers in defense of the spell. She was taking in McGonagall's words and was finally making sense of the point she was trying to make. She quickly distinguished the flame by closing her hand and then looked at McGonagall again.

"Professor how do we use our powers without harming our friends and family? I think that's one of the things I'm most scared of." Ginny asked looking at the ground.

"Well Miss Weasley that's why we are going to work on control. My biggest worry is if and when your mind turns to that destructive mode..........how to bring you back. It just so happened to be that you both tend to bring the other back to reality but if you're not around......then what? So we have a lot to work on so let's start."

Ginny nodded and Draco looked at her, he studied her for a moment to make sure she was alright and then nodded also.

"Great.......Mr. Thomas...... please join Miss Weasley and Mr. Malfoy inside the ward." she said not looking away from Draco and Ginny the whole time.

"What? Are you sure?" he said sounding nervous.

She finally turned to look at him. "Mr. Thomas did I stutter?" she said firmly.

Dean swallowed the lump in his throat and then gave Ron a punch in the arm from the snickers him and Harry were giving him. He reluctantly entered the ward and took out his wand.

"A bit tense Thomas?" Draco smirked.

"I'm not going to even say anything insulting in fear of my life." he said with a nervous laugh.

Everyone on the porch was desperately trying to hold in their laughter at the look on Dean's face.

"Minerva, are you using that poor boy as bait?" Molly called walking out of the house with Arthur and Narcissa to watch them practice.

"BAIT!" Dean yelled making a run to leave the dome and then collided into the tingling wall of it. "HEY!"

"Oh I forgot to mention Mr. Thomas......once you enter this type of ward you can't get out until I take it down." McGonagall said with a bit of amusement.

Laughter erupted all around at the facial expression that stretched across his face.

"THIS ISN'T FUNNY! WHAT IF THEY KILL ME?"

"Calm down Mr. Thomas, I just want you to demonstrate a few examples. And they won't kill you..............I hope." she mumbled the last part of that and then took a few steps back.

"WAIT WHAT WAS THAT? PROFESSOR COME BACK!" he yelled banging on the ward wall.

"Mr. Thomas stop panicking nothing has even happened yet; get a grip." McGonagall stated.

Dean let out a nervous sigh and then turned around and faced Draco and Ginny. "Fine but I won't hesitate to defend myself." he said pulling out his wand.

"Not much of a defense" Ron mumbled to Harry and they both laughed.

Draco and Ginny were just staring at Dean with a huge smile on both of their faces.

"Geez Dean, your making us out to be some kind of monstrous demons." Ginny giggled.

"Oh, Mr. Thomas" McGonagall called to him waving her hand for him to meet her by the wall of the ward. He approached her and she whispered something to him. He looked at her with uncertainty and nodded then walked back over to the center.

Draco and Ginny exchanged a curious look and the three of them stood there silently for a few moments. Ginny was just about to speak when Dean yelled a quick spell at Draco. The spell seemed to have completely melted before it could reach him as Ginny instinctively sent out a clear wall of heat in front of Draco to protect him.

Dean couldn't help the smirk that came to his face at the use of magic before his eyes. McGonagall looked pleased at how the two were so protective over the other and thought it was time to get a bit more intense.

"Mr. Thomas..........don't hold back this time...........go a bit harder.....they can handle it."

"Yeah it's how they handle it that's concerning." he mumbled under his breath.

He lifted his wand again and threw out two quick curses at the blonde which Draco quickly froze and made them explode into tiny bits of ice.

"Ok, let's step things up a bit here" McGonagall said gesturing for Harry, Ron, Charlie and Bill to enter the ward.

They all entered it and then McGonagall gave a look to Narcissa and then nodded to go ahead with something. Narcissa walked over to the edge of the ward and took out her wand, which she had earned back the day she performed the Hauriendum spell on Draco.

"Before today's practice Arthur, Molly, Narcissa and I have discussed a different way to go about things. Harry, Ron, Dean, Bill and Charlie I want you all to try and attack Ginny...........at the same time." McGonagall said ignoring the disapproving looks on their faces and then continued. "And Mr. Malfoy as for you." she stopped and then gestured for Narcissa to perform a spell they must have previously discussed. "The force field you find yourself in is going to be........let's just say a bit tough to get out of. You won't be able to use any spells through it even with using your powers it will be tough to get out of but I am confident that eventually you will break free of it. Narcissa is performing the spell as she is rather gifted when it comes to these sorts of Charms."

Draco watched as a clear purplish light came from his Mother's wand and formed a circle around him. He attempted to touch it but it burned his hand and he quickly pulled it back.

"How will I be able to get to Ginny then if she needs help?" He asked sounding worried.

"You won't be able to..........we need to see how you both can handle yourselves."

"No, let me out of here" he said sounding annoyed and disapproving of putting Ginny in danger like that.

Ginny had a nervous look on her face and she was a bit concerned if she would be able to defend herself against them all. Arthur and Molly walked over to McGonagall and whispered to her. "Minerva, are you sure this is safe for Ginny and the baby? What if she gets hurt?" Arthur asked.

She looked at the both of them; she could see worry and fear clear in their eyes. She gave a small smirk.

"Have you have ever seen a mother lioness protect they're young? I'm confident that Ginny will tap into that motherly instinct and when she does.......it will be the others needing protection." she said turning her attention back to the center of the field where Harry, Ron, Dean, Bill and Charlie were surrounding Ginny but still kept a fair amount of distance between them and her.

They all lifted their wands up and pointed them at Ginny.

"On three....1.........2..........3!" McGonagall called out.

All five of them shot a spell out at the same time directly at Ginny and Draco watched helplessly from afar as he saw the spells fly right at her. There was a bright light as they all hit a barrier that formed around Ginny. She had her hands out that were clearly emitting flames from them and forming the heated fortress that protected her. Draco gave a relieved breath when he saw she had defended herself.

"Do it again while her shield is up, take it down; I don't want any of you to hold back. She needs to learn how to tap deeper without losing control." McGonagall stated firmly.

They all raised their wands again and threw a bunch more curses her way. They all collided with the shield surrounding her and then Harry threw a watering charm at her that seemed to simply turn to steam as it collided with the barrier. Ginny started feeling herself turn over but she wasn't entirely sure why; all she knew was she was being attacked and she was stuck in this fiery dome without a way past the attacks and she was starting to panic. She suddenly pushed out her hands sending the heated barrier blasting out towards them knocking them all to the ground. She was on her knees now and breathing heavy but still had a slight smile on her face from how impressed she was with what she could do. She locked eyes with Draco across the way who seemed to have a similar look on his face making her smile a little bigger.

Dean quickly got to his feet and threw a binding charm at her and she felt it hit her and her body was suddenly held tightly together by a translucent rope. He then proceeded to throw another curse at her while she was bound and it suddenly slowed down right before it hit her. She slowly lifted her head and looked past the curse hovering in front of her face right at Dean. He felt a lump form in his throat as her eyes turned to that eerie black. He watched as the translucent rope around her burned away slowly around her like a fiery snake until it reached the ground. She stood up without looking away from him the entire time and then those fiery flames erupted from her body covering her entire body in fire. Her hair whipped around like dancing flames and she took a quick step forward sending a trail of fire all the way to where Dean was.

"She lost control" McGonagall muttered to herself.

"WHAT DO WE DO?" Molly yelled to her.

"Just wait, if we shut it down every time she loses control then neither of them will ever learn to control it." she stated.

Draco was desperately trying everything he could to free himself of the charm his Mother put over him. He threw whatever powers he could muster up and even switched to his wand and still nothing was taking it down. "LET ME OUT......NOW!" he yelled to them as he watched Ginny turn over to that destructive side.

Dean was running as fast as he could from the trail of flames heading his way. Bill, Charlie, Harry and Ron backed away from her a bit as her powers came full swing and Harry tried to send another binding charm her way. The flame finally caught up with Dean and wrapped around him making him fall to the ground with a hard thud. As Harry cast his spell Ginny sent out another trail of flames to each of them wrapping them all in a fiery bind. Ron yelled out for her to stop but she didn't, she just let the binds on them grow tighter and tighter.

Draco watched in horror as they all were mere moments away from Ginny killing them and his mind raced for some other way to get out of here. He took a few deep breaths and then without thinking he placed his hands on the burning walls of the ward that scalded him earlier. He let out a painful scream as he felt his skin burning and then he felt a cooling sensation and watched as the burning finally stopped and the charmed ward was completely frozen. He took his hands away and blew a hole in the side of it with his wand and climbed out from it and ran as fast as he could towards Ginny.

"MINERVA THIS HAS TO STOP......NOW!" Molly screamed in fear.

"NO....NOT YET!" she yelled back receiving an angry look from Molly.

"G.....GINNY.......ST.....STOP IT!" Bill choked out through the fiery bind wrapped around his neck.

Draco threw out an icy wave that cut through the flaming binds holding them all and they all were released and fell to the floor. Some of them gasped for air and Charlie had fallen unconscious. Ginny turned her attention to Draco who ran over to her and he locked eyes with her.

"GINNY! DON'T DO THIS, ITS OK YOUR SAFE NOW!" he yelled to her.

She lifted her hand to throw a ball of fire his way when he suddenly brought his hands up causing a huge wave of ice to plunge up from the ground behind her. Then the wave dipped down and split into two thinner trails latching onto her wrists and hands so that she couldn't move. Another piece of ice gently wrapped around her legs and held her there firmly in place. Draco could tell she was going to melt them all at any moment and he took his chance to get closer to her. He grabbed her face in his hands and looked at her.

"Ginny.......it's me........it's ok.....come back to me.......please." he softly pleaded to her.

She stared at him for what seemed like forever and she started looking around her. She saw her brother unconscious on the floor and the rest of her friends on the ground in pain and then like a blown out match the flames diminished into her and she looked into Draco's eyes again. He released her from the binds as her eyes took their normal form and he gently grabbed her shoulders and looked at her. She looked scared and panicked at the thought of almost killing her friends and family and then she suddenly felt wetness on her face. She reached her hand up to find her nose bleeding and then a wave of dizziness hit her and the last thing she remembered was the sound of Draco's voice calling out her name as she collapsed into his arms.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"MOLLY I ASSURE YOU SHE IS FINE, I KNOW YOUR WORRIED BUT IT'S JUST A SIDE EFFECT OF HER POWERS. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY SHE NEEDS TO LEARN CONTROL."

"I DON'T WANT HER PRACTICING ANYMORE TO THAT INTENSITY, AT LEAST NOT UNTIL THE BABY IS BORN. IT'S JUST TOO DANGEROUS!"

"YOUR WRONG MOLLY, WHAT IF SHE LOSES CONTROL AGAIN? IF SHE EVER TAPPED INTO THAT POWER DURING THE WRONG MOMENT THE CONSEQUENCES COULD BE NOT ONLY DEADLY BUT LIFE CHANGING, SHE NEEDS TO LEARN NOW!"

Ginny opened her eyes and was met by a blurry room; all she could see in the distance was a crowd of people standing around. She heard people yelling and she tried to blink to get a better look when the form of her Mother and McGonagall came into view.

"Mom?" she croaked out.

"GINNY! Are you alright sweetheart?" she asked running to her daughter's side in the living room.

"I'm fine.......Is Charlie-

"Charlie is fine dear as is everyone else."

"My powers........I lost control.......I'm sorry." she whispered.

McGonagall came walking over to her and gave a small smile. "That's ok Ginny, we will try again some other time."

"NO!" Molly yelled with anger.

"Mom, stop, its ok I'm fine really." Ginny said.

"No Ginny, it's too dangerous." Molly said almost in tears. She knew Ginny needed to practice but she was so concerned about the well-being of not just her daughter but now her grandchild.

"Molly, why don't we discuss this further a bit later?" McGonagall said softly gently patting Molly's hand.

Molly gave a small nod. "Dinner is just about ready dear, are you ok to go wash up before we eat?"

Ginny nodded and then slid off the couch and slowly made her way upstairs. She was on her way to the bathroom when she saw Draco's bedroom door open and saw him going through his drawers. She walked over and Draco caught a glimpse of her fiery hair in the corner of his eye and turned to look at her.

"Hey, your up." he smiled walking over to her. "Are you ok?" he asked brushing her hair behind her ear and studying her face.

"Yes.....are you?"

"Of course" he said then placed a light kiss on her lips. "I was just gathering some last minute things for tomorrow." he sighed and then sat down on the bed.

Ginny joined him and took in all the supplies and clothes he had laid out to take with him. She frowned at seeing how much there was which reminded her of how long he would be gone. "What if I lose control again with my powers and your not here to snap me out of it?" she asked suddenly, as if it was a stray thought that accidentally escaped.

He looked at her for a moment, he wasn't really sure what to say; he didn't want to lie and say everything would be fine because he honestly wasn't sure of what to make of it. He knew how close she came to killing the others but he didn't want to scare her with his concerns although he knew she was well aware of it.

"I think......that you need to keep working with McGonagall. I think you'll learn to control it, I know you will." he smiled at her.

"DINNER!" came Mrs. Weasley's voice from downstairs.

Draco got up and held his hand out for her. She was thinking about what he said and then she smiled and took his hand as they made their way downstairs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night Ginny was getting ready to make her usual visit into Draco's room when she heard her door open. She was surprised to see it was Draco and she scooted over for him to climb into bed with her.

"I thought I'd come to you this time." he whispered to her.

"Good, now I don't have to leave the warmness of my bed." she softly giggled.

"Yeah but I had to, now you gotta warm me up." he teased snaking his arms around her and nuzzling into the crook of her neck making her laugh out loud.

"Stop it, your going to make me wake everyone up." she laughed.

He nuzzled her neck again and she started to laugh and he quickly quieted her giggles with his lips. Soon his lips trailed down the side of her face and then to her neck. That ticklish feeling she felt was turning to a tingling sensation and she felt her body cover in goose bumps, it was a feeling she had come to love. He went to slip her top off and she was helping him and he started laughing at her midway through.

"What's so funny?" she whispered.

"Your nose........you look like pig." he laughed as her shirt was halfway up her face pushing her nose upwards.

She started laughing with him and then finally pulled it off the rest of the way.

"There.....much better." he said giving her a small kiss on the nose.

She smiled at him and then grabbed his face and pulled his lips to hers. She felt his hands tracing her body and she felt his kisses start to intensify as he worked his way back down her neck and to the top of her breast. She let out a soft moan as he did this and felt his hand slid lower to her thigh. Every time he pressed his lips to her skin it was like it sent off tiny shockwaves of pleasure. His kisses soon reached between her breasts and then down to her stomach where she felt him suddenly stop and instead lay his head on it.

"Are you ok?" she asked softly lifting her head to look at him.

He kept his forehead on her stomach for a few more moments before he gently slid one of his hands over it and looked a bit surprised. "Yeah I just.... can't believe......

"I know" she said gently rubbing his back. She knew Draco was still absorbing the news about her being pregnant.......they both were.

He looked at her and then back to her stomach. He leaned down and gently placed a kiss right beside her belly button. Ginny soon felt him getting back to his trail of kisses and it wasn't long before they were entwined in each other's arms making love.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning was when Kingsley showed up to collect the guys for the mission they were headed out on. There were a lot of emotions flowing about and everyone was kind of quiet not wanting to state the obvious that the guys would be gone for such a long time.

"I wish you were going to be here for when the MediWizard shows up later." Ginny said walking with Draco downstairs to meet Kingsley and the others in the backyard.

"Yeah me too." Draco said giving her a half smile.

They reached the back porch and met the others in the field. Mrs. Weasley was already in tears as she hugged all her sons' goodbye and wished them luck. Luna gave Harry a slew of goodbye kisses and a bone crunching hug wiping away a loose tear of her own. Fleur and Bill had a full make out session as their way of saying goodbye which made Ginny giggle. Hermione was a complete wreck at having to say goodbye to her new husband and she was finding it hard to let go of him.

"I'm gonna be fine Hermione......I promise." Ron whispered to her.

She nodded and then wrapped him up in another hug, letting her tears stream down her face.

Everyone was exchanging goodbyes and Ginny made her way over to Harry with a smile on her face.

"Hey Harry........be careful ok?" she said giving him a hug.

"I will be." he said.

She went to walk away when she turned back suddenly. "Harry can you-

"Of course.......not that he'll need it" he joked knowing she was asking him to watch out for Draco.

She gave him a tearful smile and then he wrapped her into another hug.

A few people down Draco approached Hermione. "You know every time we seem to talk lately your crying." he teased handing her a hanky.

She gave a small laugh.

"Well listen Grang-uh I mean Weasley"

"Or Hermione?" she said wiping her tears with the hanky he handed her.

"Fine.....listen... Hermione, I think it's fair since you asked me to watch out for Rhonda that I can ask you to keep Ginny safe." he said more serious than Hermione thought he would sound.

She smiled brightly at him. "Of course Draco."

He nodded and then he threw one arm around her shoulders wrapping her up into a hug.

"Well I guess it's just me you get to say goodbye to now." Ginny said walking over to him.

"Yeah it would seem so." he said looking at her. The morning sun beaming off her hair was driving him nuts and he mentally took a picture of how beautiful she looked in this moment and then.......he thought about how much he would miss her.

They stood there for a few moments just looking at each other and then he grabbed her into a tight hug. He felt her body shake with sobs and how her hands seemed to have clung to him for dear life not wanting him to leave her.

"I don't know if I can handle this without you." she sobbed into his chest.

"Hey.......hey look at me." he said lifting her tearstained face to his. "Your going to be fine and so am I. You believe that right?"

She nodded.

"Good, I love you.......and I'll see you soon ok?" he said kissing her.

She nodded through her tears and then she felt the warmth of his body leave hers as he joined the rest of them. They watched them all walk away and soon past the wards until they were out of site not knowing when they would see them again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come in" Ginny mumbled against her pillow.

Hermione walked in to see her friend's eyes still puffy from the guys' departure this morning. She walked over and took a seat beside her.

"Hey the MediWizard is going to be here any minute and your Mom wants you downstairs." she said softly.

She nodded and then sat up and gave a sigh. "He's only been gone a few hours and I can't stand it, and to know he'll be gone for a couple of months? I'm wish I didn't have to go through this whole thing without him." she said in a sad voice.

"I'm sorry Ginny. You know maybe you just have to change your way of thinking; maybe instead of thinking how long he'll be gone just think about the day he comes back?"

Ginny just looked at her.

"I know, it's easier said than done. Maybe I should take my own advice before giving it to you?" Hermione laughed.

Ginny gave a small smile and then her and Hermione made their way downstairs.

"Oh Ginny dear....great just in time. The MediWizard has just arrived; she's in the living room waiting for you. "Mrs. Weasley said with a smile.

Ginny was nervous about meeting the MediWizard; she didn't know what to expect and to have a stranger touching her like that was something she was quite uncomfortable with. She walked into the living room and a bright smile came to her face when she saw it was Madame Pomfrey.

"Miss Weasley....so good to see you." she said in a cheerful voice.

Ginny was so relieved to have her of all people here to examine her that she wrapped the lady in a hug.

"I'm guessing your glad to see me?" she laughed and Ginny nodded with a smile. "Minerva asked me to come since Hogwarts is closed and I'm not much use over there right now. She said this was more of a delicate situation and when she said your name I knew you'd appreciate it." Madame Pomfrey explained.

"Thank you so much and thank you Professor......I was so nervous." she said taking a seat on the couch.

McGonagall gave her a bright smile. "Your welcome Miss Weasley"

"Alright so let's get to it. I'll save all the not so comfortable stuff for the bedroom but let's take a listen to that baby." she said brightly taking out her wand. "I'm going to do a simple spell that will project the baby's heartbeat and give me a general idea of how far along you are. So shirt up, let's see that tummy."

Ginny lifted her shirt to reveal her stomach and she just looked at everyone standing around her watching. Arthur held Molly in his hands as she watched Ginny being examined, she knew her Mom and Dad had accepted the news of her being pregnant by now and were more than pleased to be grandparents. She just kept thinking how she wished Draco was here to experience this with her. Madame Pomfrey said a few words under her breath and then a golden stream emerged from her wand and wrapped around Ginny's stomach. It wasn't long before the light around her turned into a crystallized form of a picture of what was in her stomach........and then she heard it.

"Ah there it is." said Madame Pomfrey as the sound of a heartbeat started filling the room.

"Whoa" was all Ginny could say as she watched the crystallized picture of what was her baby. She brought her hand up to the picture and gently touched it with her hand letting her fingers glide through it and then watched as the crystals formed back together.

"That's amazing." Hermione said in awe, her eyes turning watery at the sound filling the room.

"They sound nice and strong.....very healthy." Madame Pomfrey said.

Ginny smiled, she was so happy to hear that her baby was healthy after everything.

"Wait they?" Hermione asked looking at Ginny who just noticed the word choice Pomfrey used.

"Yes......triplets." she said with a smile.

"WHAT!" they all yelled at the same time.

"I'm joking......relax." Madame Pomfrey laughed.

"Ha, not funny. I don't even know how I'll handle one baby never mind three." Ginny said with a nervous laugh.

"Oh..... there is a "they", I was just joking about triplets you really are having twins." she said with a smile.

"Ok let's not scare the poor girl; we had a good laugh, seriously now." McGonagall said a bit more sternly.

"Minerva, I'm not joking........listen." she said more seriously.

Ginny listened closer and sure enough there was a second heartbeat and it was almost exactly in rhythm with the other. Her eyes grew wide and she looked at Madame Pomfrey. "Please tell me you made a mistake." she pleaded with the woman.

Madame Pomfrey gave her a small smile. "I'm afraid not dear."

Ginny tried to take in and register what she was hearing but for some reason her mind refused to let her feel anything at this time and she just had a blank look on her face. Ginny looked at her parents and saw her Mom had tears in her eyes and she walked over to sit with her. "It will be ok sweetheart, you have plenty of help and support around you." her Mother said reassuringly.

She just nodded to her, she just felt so numb in this moment. All she knew was that Draco was missing out on everything and boy would he sure get a surprising bit of news when he returned. The thought of telling him gave her a headache and she pushed the thoughts aside for now until the end of the examination.

"Alright it looks like your about five or six weeks along so probably conceived around Thanksgiving time I'd say." Madame Pomfrey said.

Ginny looked at her parents who had a confused look on their face. Mrs. Weasley obviously didn't know about Ginny losing her virginity at Hogwarts that night in Draco's room. Just her luck that she would get pregnant the first time she had sex, she mentally cursed herself.

"I've been pregnant that long and didn't know?"Ginny asked surprised.

"It's pretty normal actually, especially with all the stresses you lot have gone through. I would say a due date around mid August." she said brightly.

Ginny just nodded, she just wanted to get the rest of the visit over so she could take a minute and process things. Madame Pomfrey was ready to do the physical part of the examination and they made their way up to Ginny's bedroom. It was quite awkward having Madame Pomfrey examining her but she assumed it was better than having a stranger down there. Madame Pomfrey made small talk with her the entire time so it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be which she was quite thankful for. Afterwards they made their way back downstairs to rejoin the others.

"Everything looks fine and she and the babies are very healthy. I know it's a bit of a shocker to you dear but the less stress you put on yourself the better it will be for you and the babies." she smiled. "I'll be back in about a month or so to check up on you."

Ginny nodded and then they all said their goodbyes.

"I need some time alone right now." Ginny quickly said before anyone could comment or say anything about the new developments.

She turned on her heel and ran up the stairs and crawled into her bed just thinking of how different her life would be now. Having two babies made her want to just break down into tears at the thought but they never came. She wished she was happy at the thought of being a Mother and maybe under different circumstances or at a different point in her life she would be. She had to stop thinking right now because she wasn't sure how to feel right now. Her mind went to the blonde Slytherin that she wished could be here to hold her right now.