Unofficial Portkey Archive

Unhinged by nikki13088
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Unhinged

nikki13088

Later that day around dinner time Bill and Charlie arrived and the house was filled with conversation. The men were talking about the upcoming mission as the women were discussing Hermione and Ron's wedding day. They knew it wouldn't be anything to big with their limited use of magic and with them being in hiding. The weather was chilly but mostly sunny and they planned to have the ceremony out near the lake. Molly had immediately started fitting Hermione for her dress and transfiguring clothes and yarn to a lacey material that would soon make a beautiful wedding gown. After dinner things had settled down and everyone had spread about the house doing their own thing. Dean and Neville were also staying with them until they left for the mission which was a bit awkward for Ginny since she had dated Dean back in school. She was sitting on the back porch steps just listening to the sounds of the night and thinking about her situation when she heard the screen door open. She heard someone take a seat beside her and she was surprised to hear it was Dean.

"Hey Ginny, mind if I join you?"

"Oh.....uh sure" she said looking behind her to see if anyone else was around.

"So how have you been? Kingsley told us a bit about your new found powers...........and Malfoy's" he said the last part with a bit of a snarl.

"Oh, yeah........crazy huh?" she said looking at a loose thread she was playing with on her sweater.

"I think it's crazier that Malfoy is with the Order honestly and now Narcissa to......kind of a joke don't you think?" he said with amusement.

Ginny turned to him with an angry look on her face. "He saved my life and my Father's" she snapped.

"Oh.......sorry didn't mean to upset you......its just weird is all."

"It's fine........I know your still use to the Draco from school but things are different now. He's proven himself over and over." Ginny said thinking of the blonde Slytherin and where he was off to right now.

"Draco? So what are you guys friends or something?" he asked sounding a bit annoyed.

She turned and looked at him. "Excuse me Dean; I'm not really feeling to good. I'll see ya in the morning" she gave him a short smile and then got up and headed inside.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny couldn't sleep that night and it was nearing midnight. She was thinking about how Draco would be leaving her in a few days and the very thought just made her want to break down in tears. She got out of bed and walked over to his room and gently opened the door. He was sound asleep and she decided she didn't want to wake him so she turned and left. She went to go make her way downstairs when she saw a dim light coming from McGonagall's room across the way. Ginny let out a long breath and made her way over to her door and gently knocked.

"Come in" McGonagall called softly.

Ginny walked in and saw her sitting in an armchair reading a book beside a fire. McGonagall lowered her book and took off her glasses and looked surprised to see Ginny standing there.

"Miss Weasley? How can I help you at this hour?"

"Evening Professor.....uh...sorry for disturbing you.....I was just wondering........do you know when we might be heading into town again?" she asked hoping to be able to grab a Muggle pregnancy test.

McGonagall raised an eyebrow at the question. "I'm not sure Miss Weasley, after Mr. Malfoy's attack earlier and the release of magic I don't think it's wise to be outside the wards just yet. Can I ask why this question couldn't wait until the morning?" she asked curiously.

"Oh......I guess I........just had such a great time yesterday that I couldn't wait to know when we could go back." she lied.

"I see" McGonagall answered not believing her for a second.

"Uh Professor? Exactly what types of spells are ok to use inside the wards?" Ginny asked playing with her hands and looking at the floor.

"Miss Weasley I thought we have been over this already. Basic magic is ok to use within the wards without it showing up at the Ministry."

"And what about like.....personal spells..........you know for like personal use?" she asked feeling her nerves starting to kick in.

"Well that depends, personal can mean many different things. So Miss Weasley I have to ask what sort of personal magic are you hoping to use." McGonagall asked firmly watching Ginny fidget with her fingers and the hem of her top.

"Like a...............pregnancy test spell?" Ginny said not looking at her.

"Oh..........um.......I see" McGonagall was caught off guard by what Ginny just told her.

"Professor please don't say anything to anyone yet.......I just need to find out if I am or not and then I'll tell my parents if it's positive." Ginny pleaded with her.

McGonagall just stared at her for a moment. "I......I......" she stuttered for words.

"Please? Is it safe to use it?" Ginny asked.

McGonagall looked at her again and then nodded.

Ginny let out a shaky breath. "Ok"

"Is that why you sat out of practice?" McGonagall asked suddenly.

Ginny nodded and then so did McGonagall to show she understood why.

"I will keep quiet Miss Weasley for now..........but you need to let me know the outcome and if it is so.........then you must tell your parents or I will." she said sternly.

Ginny just nodded and then felt her eyes fill with tears. McGonagall got up and walked over to her and put her hands on her shoulders. "Ginny...........have you talked to Draco about this yet?"

Ginny quickly shook her head no. "No way, there's no way I would even bring it up to him if I wasn't positive." she said wiping away her tears.

McGonagall nodded and then gave Ginny a gentle hug.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draco ripped the blankets off from over his head and angrily jumped out of bed. Again came the insisting knocking on the door that he so desperately tried ignoring. He even yelled for them to go away but yet the knocking continued. He ripped open the door to find Neville standing there with that goofy smile on his face.

"Morning Draco"

"Longbottom...........did you not hear me?"

"Oh no sorry"

"Of course not, not over all that oaf like knocking" he drawled walking back over to his bed and throwing himself back down on it. "What do you want?" he asked rubbing his eyes.

"McGonagall wanted me to tell you that practice was cancelled today"

"What? Again? Why?" he said angrily.

"I don't know your gonna have to take it up with her" he said walking away.

Draco got up and showered and dressed and then made his way downstairs. He saw McGonagall standing in the kitchen talking with Charlie when he approached her.

"Professor may I have a word please" he said with annoyance.

"Of course Mr. Malfoy"

"Why are we cancelling practice again? It's bad enough yesterday we didn't practice and now today again? I thought it was crucial to try and understand this?"

"You're absolutely right Mr. Malfoy but I think Ginny and you could practice some minor things for now like you did yesterday and we will do something more in depth tomorrow." She quickly dismissed him and went back to her conversation with Charlie.

Draco was beyond frustrated at this point and went off in search of Ginny.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can't believe you're getting married."Ginny said playing around with Hermione's hair to find a good hairstyle for the wedding.

"Gosh I know........it seems so surreal." Hermione said with a small smile.

"Are you ok?" Ginny asked watching Hermione's facial expression turn to one that was deep in thought.

Hermione looked at herself in the mirror and saw Ginny looking back at her through it. She gave another smile and then it faded again.

"Do you want to get married?" Ginny asked her suddenly.

"Oh yes of course I do, it's not that at all. It's just that...... I would have liked to wait a little longer....... you know because we are still young and now..........I don't know I think I'm just over thinking it." she gave a nervous smile.

"Then why don't you wait?" Ginny asked in a soft voice.

Hermione looked at her again. "Because Ron is leaving and if something happens to him........well I don't want to regret anything. I know why Ron asked me so soon and I want this. I think I'm more stuck on the idea of what the world nowadays forces us to do and how it influences the decisions we make." she had tears in her eyes and then a smile stretched across her face. "I love Ron and I want to be his wife and if he dies out there.........well then I'm glad we were able to at least do this. I have no doubt in my mind that this is what I want but I haven't even said "I do" yet and I'm thinking that I could end up being a widow." she cried wiping her tears away.

Ginny wrapped her friend into a hug and then sat down beside her.

"The world is so dark these days.......I don't want to give up on having a life because of it though. If we do that then.......what's the point in even living?" Hermione said looking at Ginny.

Ginny looked at her with a sad expression and then took in her words. She thought about how she could potentially be pregnant with Draco's child and the thought of it scared her to death. They were both so young and to have a baby in the middle of all of this madness was even scarier. She didn't even want to think about how Draco would even handle the news of something like this or her parents. She felt herself becoming upset and quickly got up.

"Uh, I'll be back in a bit." she said leaving the room quickly as Hermione nodded.

She walked from the room on her way to the bathroom. She had to perform the spell to find out; she couldn't keep putting it off. She was so scared of the outcome that she found herself in tears every time she went to perform the spell and then backed out of it. How could she be so stupid? What did she think would happen? Was she even thinking at all at the time? She hated herself for being so irresponsible; for going against everything she was ever brought up to believe in and do to avoid situations like this and yet here she was. She was about to make her way into the bathroom when she heard Dean call out to her. She closed her eyes in frustration and then turned around to look at him.

"Hey Dean, what's up?"

"I was wondering if I could talk to you for a minute."

She let out a slight sigh. "Sure"

"Well, I know things with you and Harry kind of.......fell through and I was wondering if maybe you were interested in.....I don't know......giving it another go with us.?"

Ginny's eyes went wide, was he really asking her this? She saw Draco walking up the stairs and coming towards them.

"Uh, you know what; can we talk about this later?" she quickly said with a small smile.

"What's wrong, it's not like you're seeing anyone right now so why not? Maybe have a little fun before I leave?" he said playfully with a smirk stepping closer to her.

She quickly brought her hands up and put distance between them and gave him another smile. "You know Dean I really can't talk right now. I'll catch you later, ok" she said walking away towards Draco before he could catch wind of their conversation.

"Hey I need to talk to you" Draco said watching Ginny walk up to him. He saw she had just come from a conversation with Dean. "What was that about?"

"It's nothing. What did you need to talk about?"

"McGonagall cancelled practice again, did you know about this?" he said sounding aggravated.

"Oh....uh no I didn't know, that sucks." Ginny lied; she knew McGonagall cancelled practice for her until she performed the spell. She wasn't sure if it was safe to produce her powers at such a high level if she was indeed pregnant but McGonagall assured her that it would be safe to practice minor things like they had on the porch yesterday.

"Yeah it does, so maybe we should work on something small for now" he said looking at her. She didn't say anything but rather looked as if she was staring off into space. "Ginny?" he called to her.

"Oh, yeah that sounds good. I'll meet you downstairs on the porch in a few."

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm just uh........I just have a lot on my mind is all." she gave him a small smile and then walked away into the bathroom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny went into the bathroom and locked the door. She pulled out her wand and got ready to perform the spell when someone knocked on the door.

"Are you serious?" she mumbled to herself. "WHO IS IT?" she shouted.

"It's Hermione; I was just wondering if you were alright, you left quite abruptly before."

"I'm fine" she answered.

She heard Ron walk up to Hermione outside the door. "Is Ginny in there?" he asked knocking on the door. "GINNY?"

"YES I'M IN HERE WHAT IS IT?!" she yelled angrily.

"Mom wants you."

Ginny let out a frustrated growl and put her wand away, there was no way she could do this right now with everyone up and about. She would just wait until tonight when everyone was asleep and then perform the spell. She ripped the door opened and shook her head and stomped her way downstairs. She ignored the fact that her Mom wanted her and met Draco out on the back porch and plopped into the swinging seat where he waited for her. She put her face in her hands and ran her fingers through her hair. He looked at her.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah........I just can't seem to use the bathroom without a damn audience waiting outside of it."

He gave a small laugh. "So since we can only practice something minor what do you suggest we do?"

"Let's head down to the lake" she said getting up and leading the way.

He followed her and they both took a seat at the edge of the grass where the entrance to the lake was. He was surprised when Ginny moved her hand in one swift motion and conjured a bright flame in her hand. He smirked at her and then she was even more surprised when she saw him lift a finger up to the flames and instantly turn it to ice. She smiled as she held the frozen flames in her hand. She then stared at it for a few moments and it suddenly melted and spilled through her hand onto the grass.

"Let's see how good you really are" he said and then stood up.

He held out his hand and pulled her to her feet and then he walked a bit away from her. She raised an eyebrow to him to see where he was going with this. She then watched as he conjured up a ball of ice.

"I see you've been practicing without me?" Ginny teased.

He smirked at her and then he threw the ball of ice to her. She quickly melted it before it could hit her.

"Nice" Draco said sounding impressed.

"THINK FAST!" Ginny yelled suddenly and threw a ball of fire at him. He swiftly brought his hands up and put it out as if he was blowing out the flame of a candle.

"You're lucky that didn't hit me. Some warning would have been nice." he stated sounding surprised by her sudden action.

She laughed at him. "Well you put it out didn't you?"

"Not the point" he mumbled.

They both looked at each other for a moment and then a smirk came to his face and Ginny had one to match. As if they were reading each other's minds they both started throwing their powers at each other. Draco threw out icicles and balls of ice at Ginny that she swiftly moved her arms about to melt down. After everyone she melted she threw out flames that Draco also put out with ease. They both moved so fast and just kept throwing blow after blow. They did this for about a good 10 minutes and by soon they were both breathing heavily. Draco was just about to throw another ball of ice her way when he heard her voice ring out.

"DO YOU SEE A FUTURE WITH ME?" she suddenly shouted to him.

He looked at her with confusion on his face and then lowered his hands.

"What?" he asked gaining control of his breathing again and then walking closer to her.

Ginny wasn't sure why she just asked him that but she couldn't keep pretending that everything was perfect between them especially in the situation she was in right now.

"I asked...........if you see a future with me?" she said sounding regretful that she brought it up.

"What.........Why are you asking me that.........and now of all times?" he sounded a bit annoyed but also confused.

"I'm sorry.......I just......I need some answers."

He just stared at her. "Alright fine like what?" he snapped.

"I don't know.....I mean I love you and you love me but...... do you love me enough to see some kind of future together?" she asked nervously.

"I honestly haven't thought about stuff like that. I know I love you but it's kind of hard to think about things down the road when I know death is waiting for me out there."

"DON'T SAY THAT!" Ginny shouted to him with anger in her voice.

"What do you want me to say Ginny?"

"Why are you being like this?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know........so negative and cold towards me?" she said with a hurt expression on her face.

"I'm not....... I'm being realistic and you should be also."

Ginny was livid at this point by the way Draco acting and she turned on her heel and started walking away. After a few steps she turned back around and looked at him. "Are you doing this because you're leaving in a few days?" He didn't say anything. "You are aren't you?"

He just continued to stare at her and then he looked away with a guilty expression. She closed the distance between them and gave him a hard shove which made him stumble backwards a few steps.

"IT'S NOT FAIR WHAT YOU DO TO ME!" she yelled with anger in her voice. "EVERYTIME THINGS GET COMPLICATED YOU PUSH ME AWAY AND I'M SICK OF IT. YOU LOVE ME BUT WHAT? YOU'RE GOING TO LIVE EVERYDAY IN FEAR THAT YOU WON'T SEE TOMORROW? THERE'S NOT EVEN A POINT IN LIVING THEN. AM I JUST SUPPOSED TO KEEP PLAYING THIS ON AND OFF GAME WITH YOU? I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF I'M IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL OVER THE PLACE WITH YOUR FEELINGS!" she screamed at him; her fiery eyes burning into his.

"It's not like that Ginny.......I don't know what you want me to say. I love you though I know I do." he said in a defeated tone.

"I'm sorry Draco but.......that's just not enough anymore. You can't just say I love you and only want to play the boyfriend part when it's convenient. I want to be with you no matter what we're facing.......I want to do it together but you........you do the opposite......you totally close off and I get this cold side of you and it hurts. You think you're doing me a favor by shutting me out but you're not; if anything it makes it worse. I thought we were past all this uncertainty when it came to our feelings but I guess not." she said sadly and then turned to leave.

"Ginny...I-

"Just......don't" she cut him off and made her way back up to the house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was after dinner that night and Ginny was just finishing helping her Mother with the dishes when she saw Dean walking up to them. Her Mother gave a bright smile to Dean and then looked at Ginny who had an annoyed look on her face. She wanted to tell Dean she was with Draco but she knew Draco didn't want it out for everyone to know and especially after their argument earlier she wasn't even sure where they stood. She also didn't want to hurt Dean's feelings because he was a really good guy but she had no interest in him romantically anymore.

"Hey Ginny.....Mrs. Weasley. Uh, Ginny can we talk for a minute?"

"Uh actually I was just about to head upstairs to shower so....."

"Ok I'll walk with you upstairs." he said with a charming smile.

"Great" she mumbled and rolled her eyes so just her Mom could see which caused Mrs. Weasley to give a small snicker.

They started making their way upstairs and they stopped when they go to the top landing.

"So I was wondering if you gave anymore thought to my offer earlier." he looked at her with a playful but seductive look.

She gave a small laugh and then shook her head. "Um......listen Dean, as....flattering....um as that sounds....I don't think I'm looking for anything like that right now." she said feeling completely awkward that Dean was suggesting they snog or shag for fun.

She felt a lump form in her throat when she saw Draco walking out of his room and was heading downstairs. He stopped before he descended the steps and looked at Dean with that Malfoy sneer.

"Oh hey..... Malfoy" Dean said with hate in his voice.

"Thomas" Draco drawled and then his eyes fell on Ginny and she gave him a pleading look to help her out of this awkward situation.

She felt her heart sink when he kept walking downstairs. She suddenly felt Dean reach up and brush a piece of her hair behind her ear and her whole body tensed up.

"Come on, remember how much fun we use to have." he said with a handsome smile.

Draco came to a stop on the stairs at the comment he overheard and looked back over his shoulder to see Dean trying to take Ginny's hand and touching her hair. His blood was boiling at this point and he turned around and marched back upstairs.

"Really Dean, thanks for the offer but I'm-

She suddenly saw Draco grab Dean by the back of his shirt and drag him away from her throwing him to the floor.

"FUCK OFF THOMAS!" he said with anger in his voice.

"DRACO!" Ginny yelled at him.

Dean quickly got to his feet and gave Draco a hard shove."WHAT THE FUCK MATE? WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?" he yelled his fists balled and ready to fly.

The yelling caused everyone to open their bedroom doors and watch the scene before them.

"YOU KEEP YOU'RE FUCKIN GOD DAMN HANDS OFF OF HER!" Draco bellowed at him.

"WHAT BUSINESS IS IT TO YOU?" he yelled back.

Draco grabbed him by the shirt and viciously slammed him into the wall and brought his fist up to punch him when he felt Bill and Charlie grab him off and tried to hold him back. Ginny put her hand over her mouth at how Draco just flipped out on Dean and Harry and Ron walked over to her to make sure she was alright.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS GUYS PROBLEM. I KNEW HE WAS NO GOOD........A JOKE IS WHAT YOU ARE" Dean yelled with malice at him.

Draco swiftly ripped his arm from Bill's grip and swung his fist out at Dean's face making him drop to the floor holding his jaw that was now bleeding.

"DRACO NO! STOP!" Bill yelled out to him grabbing his arm again and holding him back.

Arthur jumped in front of Draco and put his hand on Draco's shoulder.

"That's enough Draco" he said softly looking into the young blonde's eyes.

Draco was breathing heavy with rage and then he ripped his limbs free from Bill and Charlie's hold and stormed off downstairs.

Ginny quickly ran after him as Arthur and Bill helped Dean up from the floor. Draco stormed out of the house and made his way down to the dock where he usually went to collect his thoughts. He was so angry at just watching someone else's hands touching Ginny; he didn't care how nice of a guy Dean was.

DRACO! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO DEAN?" she yelled running up behind him.

"A THANK YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE!" he hissed at her.

"A THANK YOU? FOR WHAT? FOR PUNHCING MY FRIEND IN THE FACE?" she screamed in rage.

"TO STOP HIM FROM PUTTING HIS HANDS ALL OVER YOU!" He screamed back at her.

"HE DOESN'T EVEN THINK I'M WITH ANYONE! AND HE WAS JUST PLAYING AROUND HE WOULD NEVER INTENTIONALLY HURT ME IN THAT WAY!"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST TELL HIM YOU WERE IN A RELATIONSHIP?"

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME? MAYBE YOU SHOULD BE CLEARER ON WHAT IT IS YOU WANT. WHY DON'T YOU JUST MAKE A FUCKIN SCHEDULE OF THE DAYS YOU FEEL LIKE BEING A MAN AND THE DAYS YOU FEEL LIKE BEING A COWARD?"

His expression turned from anger to hurt and Ginny immediately regretted the words. He started walking away from her and she quickly walked up to him and grabbed his arm.

"Draco wait, I'm sorry I-

"DON'T!" he yelled at her ripping his arm away. Her eyes fell on his dangerous ones as he glared at her with what seemed like hatred.

"Draco....." she looked at him with tearful eyes knowing how much those words must have hurt him.

He just lightly shook his head and then turned and walked away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draco was laying on his bed staring at the ceiling for what seemed like an hour just lost in his thoughts. Luna knocked on his door to see if he wanted dessert but he refused. He was about to turn his lamp off and turn in for the night when there was a knock at the door. He let out a frustrated sigh.

"Who is it?"

"Mr. Malfoy may I have a word with you?" came McGonagall's voice.

He quickly got off the bed and opened the door for the Headmistress.

"Professor.........uh... come in." he said with some surprise in his voice.

She gave him a small smile and entered the room.

"Listen I know what your gonna say and yeah maybe I did overreact a bit and I know we are going to have to learn to work together during the mission but I didn't like the way he was talking or touching Ginny and I thought I should step in." he said quickly to spare himself a lecture.

"Ok Mr. Malfoy I understand." she simply said.

He just looked at her. "Wait.....that's it? You understand? What about the whole speech I should get?"

"As noble as it is for you to admit that you indeed overreacted to the situation that is not the reason I am here."

"Oh......then why?" he looked confused.

"Mr. Malfoy I'm here because I think you could use some advice." she looked at him sternly.

He knew she was talking about him and Ginny, how she knew he didn't even try to figure out. He sat on the bed and let out a defeated sigh. "Yeah well I guess it wouldn't hurt to have some."

She gave him a tight smile and then took a seat beside him. "Think about where you were just a few short months ago."

"I rather not" he said sarcastically.

"Well I want you to. Now you think about how you wished so often for death to take you. Then think of how you went back and forth on wanting to live and wanting to die. If you had the opportunity to decide whether to continue living or die right here right now without any pain......which would you choose?" she said studying his expression.

"Ok.....I'm going to be honest Professor........this is a bit weird" he said feeling uncomfortable at how much of a sensitive subject she was touching on.

"Just answer it" she said firmly.

"I would want to live of course" he said quickly.

"Exactly Mr. Malfoy.............but if I asked you this same question before you stepped on that train a few months ago would you have given me the same answer?"

Draco stared at the floor and he thought about. How he endured such pain from his Father and thought so little of himself. He thought about how much he wanted death to take him but he was too much of coward to take his own life and put an end to his suffering. He turned his gaze back to McGonagall. "I would've picked death." he whispered sounding surprised by the drastic difference in answers.

"Exactly my point Mr. Malfoy...........now why don't I leave you here to think about what could have possibly changed your mind? When you do finally figure it out, if you haven't already, I would hope that you would think it wise to never forget that reasoning." She gave him a friendly smile and then gently patted his hand and left the room.

He knew she was talking about Ginny and he knew she was right. If he never had that detention that night or followed her afterwards to make sure she was alright or even shared that awkward train ride to Hogwarts with the redhead he would never have fallen in love with her. He knew Ginny saved him in more ways than one and why he was still so unsure to jump in with both feet was a mystery to him. He constantly felt like he was in this wonderful dream that he would one day be woken from and she would be gone. When he looked into her eyes he saw a future, he saw love, and he saw hope but why couldn't he believe what he was seeing and experiencing. He thought about where he would be right now if he hadn't pursued things with Ginny as far as they have and he knew he would either be dead or sitting in his bathroom with a razor to his wrist. He didn't even think he would make it this far with Ginny and it made him think about how much further they could get. Ever since he was welcomed into the Weasley's home and by the trio his life had finally made some sense and he would actually have moments of feeling happy. His mind went to the day on the Ferris wheel with Ginny and how much love he had for her in that moment and how much he still does now. The thoughts were beginning to overwhelm him and he turned the light off and laid back in his bed hoping that tomorrow things would be clearer to him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny quietly made her way into the bathroom that night after everyone seemed to be in bed. She was so nervous about performing the spell that she was literally shaking. She was overwhelmed with nausea and she was as pale as ever. She looked at herself in the mirror and let out a shaky breath and then took out her wand. She pointed it to her stomach and muttered the spell and then had to endure the most nerve wracking five minutes of her life. She was hoping to not see a golden glow around her stomach which would indicate a positive where as no change in appearance would be a negative. She kept her eyes closed the entire time as tears freely spilled from her eyes. She just kept thinking how perfect everything had been that day at the fair and how now everything was falling apart. She thought about the awful argument her and Draco had earlier and couldn't even imagine telling him if she was pregnant.

She peeked her eyes open at about two minutes after and saw no change and a spark of hope erupted in her stomach and she closed her eyes again to wait the rest of the time out. "Come on, come on, only 3 minutes left" she mumbled to herself.

She started thinking about how Draco would be leaving in just a couple of days and how she would handle it. She knew she wanted to make up with him before he left; she could never live with herself knowing something happened to him and they had left off on bad terms. She then thought about how much she missed her lips on his. She last kissed him up on the Ferris wheel where he told her he loved her and she held on to that moment and she smiled to herself.

She then realized it had been another three minutes and she slowly opened her eyes and looked down at her stomach. She covered her mouth with her hand as a shocked gasp escaped her and her legs buckled making her drop to her knees. She looked down again at the golden light that radiated off of her stomach and she completely lost it. She broke down into a hysterical mess and was soon hunched over her knees with her forehead against the cold tile floor. "No, no, no, no, no...........this can't be happening" she whispered through her sobs. She hugged her hands around her stomach and another wave of tears just kept spilling from her eyes. She made her way over to the toilet and threw up from how upset she was getting. She managed to pull herself up into a standing position and just stared at herself in the mirror. She looked almost as white as a ghost with wet streaks all down her cheeks and her hair was stuck to her clammy skin. She turned the water on and rinsed out her mouth and then splashed a few handfuls on her face then dabbed it dry with a towel. She soon realized it didn't matter how many times she washed her face off the tears weren't going to stop anytime soon.

She waited for the golden glow around her stomach to fade then walked out of the bathroom and made her way to her bedroom as she tried to stifle her sobs. She stopped in front of Draco's bedroom and for whatever reason that made her do it she opened his door and slipped inside closing the door as quietly as possible behind her. She saw him stir in his sleep and soon she knew he was aware of her presence. She walked over to his bed and as if nothing had happened earlier and like there was never an argument she took his outstretched hand as he helped her climb over him into the bed and slipped under the covers. She buried her face in his chest and just sobbed uncontrollably as he wrapped his arms tightly around her and just held her. She felt him kiss her forehead and her body shook with emotion. She was so scared about what was to come and she had so many concerns about bringing a baby into a world like the one they lived in now and not to mention the fact of how young she was. As much as she was scared and worried; having Draco's embrace around her made her feel safe and that everything was going to be ok and she held onto this feeling as she cried herself to sleep.

AUTHORS NOTE: PLEASE REVIEW!! WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK!!