Unofficial Portkey Archive

Unhinged by nikki13088
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Unhinged

nikki13088

Mid July came around and Ginny became more and more miserable every day with how big she was getting and how her emotions were so erratic. She was also nervous about the delivery that was only about a month away and found herself constantly lost in the thoughts of how it would be to give birth and how many things could go wrong during it. Her Mother kept telling her to stop thinking about it as it wasn't doing her any favors; it was just worrying her more. She threw her mass of red hair up into a ponytail and made her way downstairs.

"Are you ready? We were suppose to pick Mal and the kids up a half hour ago." Ginny snapped at Ron.

"Chill out Gin, I'm ready." He said, opening the front door for her.

"Be careful you lot." Mrs. Weasley called from the living room with a wad of yarn in her lap.

As Ginny got into the front seat of Malini's car she smirked at seeing how odd it was to see Ron get behind the driver's seat and she thought back to the day Malini gave him a driving lesson. She was thankful that the town was a straight run down the road, otherwise she wouldn't risk her safety. Malini let them use the car the previous day to bring back some more stuff from the baby shop because it was hard for Ginny to get around and she was sick of being cooped up in the house constantly because of it. It amazed her a bit at how trusting these Muggles were, she was taken aback yesterday when Malini told them to just keep the car overnight and just grab her and the kids the next day for the big dinner back at the farmhouse that Mrs. Weasley had planned.

"HARRY, HERMIONE, DRACO.....LET'S GO, BEFORE GINNY TRANSFORMS INTO A ROYAL BITCH AGAIN!" Ron yelled out the window receiving a hard punch to his arm from his very pregnant sister.

"Did you just call the Mother of my children a bitch Weasley?" Draco said, leaning down into the driver's window with his wand casually pointed at Ron.

"You wouldn't use magic, we're not allowed." Ron snarled.

Draco looked at Ginny across the way. "I will if Ginny wants me to." he smirked at her.

She smirked back, "It's ok, I'm on a mission to prove Ron wrong about me being a bitch." she said, reaching forward and pinching his side.

"Ouch, cut it out." Ron said, slapping her hand away.

Draco, Harry and Hermione piled into the back seat and said a small prayer while Ron started the car and slowly but surely made his way toward town. Ginny was about to flip out on him with his constant braking causing her to become nauseous, but she bit her tongue and tried to keep her cool. She wasn't sure if she was more mad at Ron for driving like an old lady or the fact that she was sweating to death right now in this damn summer heat.

They soon approached the tiny town and it wasn't bustling with people like it normally was and there were windows busted and debris scattered about the streets. Ron stopped the car midway through town and they all got out surveying the damage noticing there wasn't a soul around.

"What the hell happened?" Ron asked, looking around the torn up town.

Ginny took a few steps towards the baby shop that Draco and her so often seemed to visit, to find the door busted in and she slowly approached it with her wand out. She was about to enter the shop when she saw the owner dead on the floor and she quickly ran back over to the others who seemed to have spotted a few bodies themselves.

"There must have been a Death Eater attack here last night." Hermione said with a grim expression.

Ginny suddenly started running as fast as her pregnant stomach would allow her towards the small two story house on the corner that she knew was Ben and Embers. She wasn't even there yet when the tears started freely falling from her face as fear ran through her. She stopped in front of the porch and took in the busted handle to the front door and she felt her heart sink and her body start to shake. She was about to push open the front door when Draco grabbed her arm and pulled her back, gesturing for him to go first. He pulled out his wand and slowly pushed the door open that was already slightly ajar and took a few steps inside; he dropped his wand hand to his side and turned to Ginny with a grave look on his face.

"What? What is it?" she said, pushing past him and into the entryway.

She let out an emotional gasp when she saw Malini lying dead at the bottom of the staircase; her skin pale and cold as a result of the killing curse. Ginny knew Malini was probably trying to make her way upstairs to the children when she was hit with it making Ginny suddenly make a sprint up the staircase before Draco could stop her.

"GINNY WAIT!" He yelled after her, afraid of what she might see up there.

She ran up to their bedroom door and she stopped suddenly, hearing the rest of them approach her from behind. She felt Draco place a hand on her shoulder and then she stepped forward and pushed the door opened. Her body trembled; her legs turned to jello and she felt Draco's arms catch her as she slumped to the floor in a hysterical fit. There they were.........dead; Ben was slumped against the wall in the corner holding his sister in his lap trying to hide, their bodied blue and cold. Ginny scrambled from Draco's arms and crawled over to them and hesitantly touched Ember's small hand.

"No" Ginny whispered as the tears poured from her eyes. "NO!" she screamed hanging her head in disbelief. She gently grabbed Ember and hugged her small lifeless body to hers and just completely lost it.

Draco watched her, he heard Ginny's cries and he heard Harry, Ron and Hermione become emotional as well, but it wasn't registering for him, he was just...... numb at this moment. He walked over and squatted down next to Ben and placed a hand on the small boys head and then quickly stood up and exited the house altogether. Hermione went over to Ginny and knelt beside her, wrapping her up in a hug as they both sobbed over the horrid scene.

_____________________________________________________________________

It had been a few hours since they had found the bodies of their friend and the two small children they had learned to love over the past couple of months. Ginny still hadn't moved from the spot where she still clung to the child in her arms; stroking her hair and fixing the pink bow back in place. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and the others came up to the town to help bury the bodies of their friends and Bill made his way over to his little sister and squatted beside her.

"Gin?"

"Hmm"

"We are going to bury them now........ I need to take her."

She didn't say anything, she just watched him gently pick her up and watched Charlie pick up Ben and gently carried them outside. Her face was streaked and stained with tears and her body ached from sitting in one position all day. She knew she shouldn't be on the floor right now in her condition, but somehow she couldn't find the energy or strength to move, speak or even feel. She hadn't seen Draco since he left the house abruptly earlier; she knew he was pushing the overwhelming emotions to the back of his mind and was putting on that Malfoy mask again.

After another half hour she heard someone kneel down beside her and gently grab her hand.

"Come on Gin, let's get you back home."

She heard Ron's voice hit her ears and she turned to look at him; his eyes were puffy and his face pale from his own emotions getting the better of him. He held out his hand and pulled her up from the floor and let her lean on him as she walked until her stiff joints and aching back allowed her to continue on by herself. She approached Malini's car and Ron opened the door for her to get in; she climbed into the front passenger seat and her eyes went to the rear view mirror where there was a worn out air freshener tag hanging. She leaned forward and took it off and held it to her nose; she remembered when it use to be such an overwhelming scent that Malini and the kids would always walk into the house smelling like. She grasped it tightly in her hand in anger and fell into a violent fit of sobs making Ron go to lean over and hug her, but she held her hand out for him to leave her be and he backed away.

____________________________________________________________________

That evening was the quietest it had been since Ginny remembered being at the Burrow before she left for Hogwarts. The big dinner Mrs. Weasley had been working on for this evening was sitting out all around and had barely been picked at; Ginny wouldn't have even eaten if she wasn't pregnant. Draco didn't speak at all, he had been in is bedroom since they had returned and Ginny had poked her head in earlier to check on him where he asked her if she was ok and they both would just share a nod.

That night she lay alone in her bed as Draco decided to sleep in his own room tonight; it was the first time in weeks since he had slept in there due to a violent mood swing episode from Ginny. She was ok with him sleeping in his own room tonight and so was he; neither of them felt like talking about what happened and if they were together right now they both knew they wouldn't be able to stand the silence between them, so they were content with getting lost in their own thoughts.

It was around midnight when she was pulled from her thoughts at the sound of her door opening up and clicking closed. She saw the glimmer of moonlight hit Draco's mercury eyes as he approached her and she scooted over for him to get into the bed......... but he didn't. He was just standing there and she propped herself up on her elbow to try and get a better look at his facial expression.

"Draco? Are you ok?" she whispered to him in the dark.

She saw he was holding something in his hand, she leaned forward and gently took it from him and noticed it was a picture frame with Ember's rabbit drawing in it. She threw her legs over the side of the bed to get up and stopped when he gently grabbed her face and kissed her ever so softly. He suddenly let out an emotional breath against her lips and completely broke down before her and backed away; not wanting to show his vulnerability to her, especially because he knew she was an emotional wreck herself.

As soon as she saw him release the emotions he had been holding in all day she too broke down into a fit of sobs. She got up and walked over to Draco and wrapped her arms around him and he buried his face in the crook of her neck; her red flaming hair falling around his face. She didn't see Draco cry very many times and to have him completely break down in her arms made her want nothing more than to comfort him, but she was so angry at the events of the day........ how could she comfort him when all she was doing was crying with him.

She put her hand on her stomach as she started feeling the babies kick like crazy and she could tell Draco felt it against his body as he pulled back and let out an emotional laugh. She grabbed his face in her hands and used her thumbs to wipe away some of his tears and gently kissed him; a few choked up sobs still escaping both of them. She felt a hard kick and Draco could tell she was feeling some discomfort and he led her over to the bed where she crawled into her spot against the wall. They lay there facing each other; Draco's arms wrapped around her tummy feeling each tiny kick that the babies made. They lay there quietly; their faces and lips only inches apart as they gently placed a kiss on each other every few moments. She gently grabbed his face and her expression hardened a bit as she saw the pain in his eyes and a bit of an icy hue to them.

"Can you promise me something?" she asked him.

He gently brushed a strand of hair from her face. "Anything."

"Promise me your going to kill him."

He looked at her; he saw her honey brown eyes turn a shade darker as the words left her mouth and he grabbed her face to his and kissed her deeply. "I promise"

________________________________________________________________________

The next two weeks that went by reminded Ginny of her days back at the Burrow over the previous summer; there was this sadness that lingered about and not much conversation took place. They all ate together and started some small talk, but Ginny couldn't remember the last time she laughed; even Luna wasn't her normal quirky self. Madame Pomfrey had stopped by a week prior and put Ginny on bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy which she was quite annoyed about. Madame Pomfrey had to bring Muggle devices with her to do Ginny's check up since they were still keeping clear of using any magic. Ginny and Draco had discussed their worry about not having used their powers in a while and wondered if they would end up losing them; although for Ginny she didn't really think that was a bad thing. It was definitely hard not using any magic at all and she went from carrying her wand around with her everywhere she went to leaving it up in her room because of how little she needed it.

Ginny kept thinking about how fast the end of her pregnancy was quickly approaching and her nerves were a complete wreck and she could tell Draco's were too. She felt bad sometimes when she wasn't more understanding about his feelings and constantly found herself snapping at everybody. She was so uncomfortable and couldn't lay in bed all day, no matter what Madame Pomfrey said about bed rest, but her Mother constantly forced her to stay put which only made her more angry and an emotional mess.

She was grateful one afternoon when Draco decided it was time to put the cribs together and she watched him, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Luna all attempt to follow the instructions.

"Ok, this makes no sense." Ron said, looking over the directions with a confused look on his face.

"Well of course it doesn't, your reading the Spanish side." Hermione said, ripping it from his hand and turning it over.

"Oh"

"Seriously Weasley?" Draco sneered at him with an eye roll. "Potter, hold this damn part for me before I throw this damn piece out the window." he said, using a screwdriver to carefully connect two pieces. "Anyway, what about Scorpius?"

"Scorpius? What kind of name is that." Ginny snarled.

"Aww that's a cute one" Luna piped in.

"Yeah a good one for the "No" list" Ginny snapped.

"Well, I like it, it sounds devishly handsome just like his Dad"s" Draco said with a smug look.

"What if they are both girls? Then what?" Ginny stated.

"Easy, then Scorpia." Draco laughed.

Ginny let out a small giggle. "Fine I'll add Scorpius to the "Maybe" list..... the big maybe list." she said, jotting down the name on the list they started making.

"Alright, what's next Weasley?" Draco said, making sure the part he just screwed together was sturdy.

"Uh...... looks like the wheels go on next." Ron said, looking at the instructions with a confused look.

"The wheels? But all the legs aren't even on y-....... give me that." he snapped, reaching forward and grabbing the paper from him. "That's step 10 what the hell happened to step 6? Can you not count Weasley?" he said, handing the paper to Hermione. "That's it your done directing.....here Granger, let's hope your husband's reading skills haven't rubbed off on you."

"Hey guys" came Bill's voice from the doorway. "Kingsley is here, we need you all downstairs." he said with a small smile.

They all made their way downstairs to where they were greeted by Kingsley and they each took a seat around the table. They had been anticipating Kingsleys arrival with the next mission after the attack in town a couple of weeks ago and now that he had finally been here there were mixed emotions from everyone. They just didn't want to see anyone else get hurt; Neville had just gotten out of the hospital and was back at home and was lucky to have survived such an attack. It was already August and Ginny was due in about two weeks and she was worried Draco was going to miss out on the whole thing and that scared her, but before she got lost in her mind she was quickly pulled from her thoughts when she heard Kingsley speak.

"Good afternoon guys, good to see you; I suppose I'll get right to it then, since I'm sure you already know why I'm here. I have an almost definite location on Lucius Malfoy, you all remember me bringing up Peter Warren's brother Phillip, well, it's his camp and while going through the memories I've collected it seems Lucius stops by there quite often. I think that's the place to bring him down." He said, taking a look at them all to gauge their reactions to the news. There were mixed expressions, some scared and nervous and others angry and emotionless."Miss Weasley, I am positive that if all goes well, Draco will be back just in time for your birthday and for the delivery, so no worries." Kingsley said with a smile to Ginny.

Ginny locked eyes with Draco and he smiled at her, but he looked worried; she knew he wouldn't tell her exactly what was worrying him but she had a good idea.

"Also, there is another location that Lucius has been to countless times, so I think I'd like for you guys to spilt up this time. Harry, Ron and Draco, I want you to go to Warren's location; Seamus Finnigan has also offered to assist you's as he has done me the favor of scouting the area ahead of time along with myself. Then Charlie, Bill, and George....I want you three to check out this additional area; I'm sending a smaller group to the second location because I don't think much activity is going to happen there. Any questions so far?" Kingsley said, looking at them all.

"Why aren't Luna and I going?" Hermione asked.

"Because you're needed here in case Death Eaters come through here again and I'm sure Molly could use the extra help with Miss Weasley here. I need to ask you not to question me on this...... I think this is the best way right now."

Hermione looked as if she wanted to object, but she held her tongue and gave a stiff nod.

"Alright then, I will be back tomorrow morning and we will head out; Mr. Finnigan will be arriving sometime later this evening. Hopefully this time.......... things come to an end." Kingsley said quietly.

He said a goodbye to everyone and Ginny quickly got up and walked upstairs; she was more angry than anything right now. She slammed her bedroom door as hard she could and sat on her bed; running her hands through her hair in frustration. It wasn't long before the door opened and Draco came walking in.

"Hey, are you alright?" he said, already regretting asking what he knew Ginny would think was a stupid question.

She glared at him, "Are you seriously asking me that right now? Surely you're not that stupid." she snapped angrily.

Draco had been used to her being quite moody lately, but it still took everything in him to keep his mouth shut; if anything he normally found her quite cute when she got all angry, but this situation was more sensitive. He walked over to her and sat down beside her; putting his hand on her back.

"I'm sorry I-

"Are you? Because I don't think you are..... maybe your glad to get away from me.... I know I would be." she said, looking away from him.

"Hey," he said, gently grabbing her chin and turning her face to his. "Don't ever think that.... ever. I want to be here with you..... for you...... mood swings and all." he said with a smirk.

She gave him a small smile. "Please make it back in time...... I can't imagine doing this without you here."

"You heard Kingsley..... I'll be back.... hopefully in time for your birthday..... maybe even give you a special kind of gift like you gave me." he said with a wink, giving her a light nudge.

She blushed a bit, "You mean the stone right?" she laughed, knowing full well of what he meant.

They both shared a small laugh and then he had his lips to hers; he wasn't even gone yet and he already missed her.

_______________________________________________________________

After a few more hours of trying to get the cribs together they finally succeeded and they all stood proudly at their completed work. Draco punched Ron hard in the arm as he tried to take credit for half of the work when really all he did was give them steps out of order the whole time. The sight of the two cribs in her bedroom made Ginny become a bit teary eyed making Hermione nudge Draco forward as she made the rest of them leave the room.

"Never thought I'd be staring at a baby crib that belonged to a Weasley/Malfoy offspring." he joked, making her let out a small laugh as she wiped away a stray tear.

"Two of them even." She added.

He wrapped his arms around her, placing his hands on her stomach and resting his chin on her shoulder; he couldn't believe he had to leave her again.

"Just think......another month and it will already be a year that I almost fell into your lap on the train." she giggled.

"Well, if I knew this is what was to come I wouldn't have caught you from falling into it." he said, placing a kiss on her neck.

"I think they agree." Ginny laughed, feeling the ambush of kicks in her belly.

"GINNY!" came an all to familiar voice from the doorway.

Ginny whipped her head around to see Seamus standing there and her smile grew from ear to ear; she hadn't seen him since the final battle.

"SEAMUS! Gosh its so good to see you." she said, giving him a big hug.

"Blimey Ginny, look at you." he said, gesturing to her enormous pregnant belly. "But did you expect anything less from this guy." he said, pointing to Draco with a bright smile and a laugh. "Hey Draco, glad to have you as part of the Order, nice to see you on our side this time." he said, holding out his hand to shake Draco's.

He was a little taken aback at how accepting Seamus was of him, especially Seamus of all people, but he could tell he was being genuine and accepted his hand.

"A Congratulations I suppose is in order as well," he said, gesturing to her stomach again. "Although I can't say I'm surprised....Ginny was always the talk amongst the boy dorms." he joked, causing Ginny to slap him on the arm.

"Oh really?" Draco said, turning his gaze to the youngest Weasley, whose face turned to a light shade of pink.

"Well, I'll meet you guys downstairs. " Seamus said, making his way out of the room.

As soon as Seamus was out of earshot Draco turned his attention to Ginny with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, please, he was just kidding." she said, pushing past him.

He grabbed her arm and turned her to face him. "I knew Ginny Weasley was a bit of a dirty girl." he smirked at her.

She opened her mouth in shock at his words and then a smirk of her own spread across her face. "Let's just say, I may have been a virgin when we met, but that doesn't mean I haven't done other things." she said, quickly leaving the room with Draco close behind her.

"Wait, what?"

"I'm just kidding Draco" she laughed.

"Oh"

"Or am I?" she smirked at him again, making her way downstairs and leaving a very bewildered Draco in the hallway.

____________________________________________________________________

The rest of the evening went by a little too quickly for everyone's liking; Ginny sat on Draco's bed watching him pack his things with a sad face and a flood of thoughts filled her head. They had both just started getting excited about the arrival of the babies, but now they were both just full of nerves and Ginny couldn't help but be a bit angry. She wasn't necessarily mad at anyone in particular, well here anyway, just at the overall situation; she was sick of having Draco away from her, he practically missed out on her entire pregnancy. As she sat there just continuing to watch him pack she just couldn't help the uneasy feeling that ran through.

"Kiss me," she said suddenly.

"What?" he said, grabbing another few items and throwing them in his bag.

"I said kiss me."

"Ok in a minute, let me finish packing first." he said, going over everything he had so far.

"DRACO!" she shouted, causing him to finally stop what he was doing and look at her. "Kiss me...... now," she said; a silent tear sliding down her face.

He walked over to her and leaned down; gently wiping the tear from her face; then brought his lips down to hers. She immediately wrapped her hands tightly around his neck and pulled him closer to her, pressing her lips harder against his. She felt her body panicking over the thought of losing him and it made her want him that much more making her kisses become more intense. He smiled against her lips and started laughing.

"I need to finish packing you know."

He stopped laughing when he saw the worry and fear in her eyes and his heart sank; he hated leaving her behind. He didn't have much more time to think on it as she pulled him to her and fiercely kissed him; her tongue exploring his mouth before he could even allow her entrance into it. He felt a familiar warmth to her body grow and although he knew he should stop her there was something about it that made him keep going; his hands exploring her body and stripping her of her shirt.

He suddenly pulled his lips from hers when he felt her kisses starting to burn him and he stared at her; those black eyes staring back at him. He wasn't sure how or why he wasn't stopping her or himself for that matter, all he knew was that he was suddenly loving the burning effect she had on him and with that he crashed his lips to hers again.

Ginny felt his hands travel her body; she could feel herself turning over and she could feel Draco doing the same as his icy touch moved through her body causing her to let out a soft moan. She felt him nip at her neck and she let out a pleasurable gasp, then felt a wave of heat radiate off of her. She felt Draco hiss from the initial pain of the heat, but the iciness of his body absorbed the blazing flames that ran down her body. They both suddenly broke apart when the bedroom lamp popped and then busted into a bunch of pieces causing them both to realize what was happening and Ginny quickly slipped her shirt back on and made a move to go clean up the lamp.

It wasn't long before there was a knock on the door and Mrs. Weasley walked in.

"Are you guys alright in here? Seems every light in the house has popped." she said, noticing the broken lamp.

"Yeah, we're fine Mrs. Weasley I have it." Draco said, starting to gather the broken pieces up.

"Well, alright then, be careful." she said leaving the room.

Once she left Ginny threw herself back onto the bed and Draco fell into a slump on the floor.

"That was close.......what happened?" Ginny asked him, gesturing to the broken lamp and bulb.

"What do you mean? That was you that broke this." he said, looking at her.

She looked at him confused, "That wasn't my powers......that was yours." she argued.

He just looked at her, he never experienced anything like that before, it was always just ice. The only other incident was at the Malfoy Manor when the windows busted.......but they were iced over.....this seemed like something different.

"I.... I guess." he said, deciding to push what happened aside and went back to cleaning up the busted pieces.

"Ouch" Ginny said, realizing she was bleeding a bit on her arm.

"You ok?" Draco said, walking over to her.

"Yeah, it must have been a small piece of glass that hit me, it's nothing, I'll go wash it off real quick; be right back." she flashed him a smile and hopped off the bed.

She made her way to the bathroom and turned on the faucet and ran her arm under the cold water; wincing a bit at the stinging sensation. She grabbed a band aid from the medicine cabinet and attempted to put it on.

"Need a hand?" Harry asked, watching her from the hall.

"Sure," she giggled.

She went to hand him the band aid when she quickly pulled her hand back from a static shock she got.

"Owe, gosh, that hurt, have you and Luna been rolling around on the carpet Harry?" she joked, shaking her hand from the tingling sensation.

"Sorry, Gin, here, let me get this on you." he said, carefully placing the bandage down on her cut. He went to smooth it over when she quickly grabbed her arm away from him when she felt another shock.

"Owe, stop shocking me." she laughed, finishing the smoothing out process of the band aid herself.

"Sorry again....... the rug was just so comfortable." he laughed.

Ginny gave a huge grin at him and shook her head. "I would be on the floor myself if I was able to get back up from it after."

They both laughed and then she said Goodnight to Harry before joining Draco back in her bedroom.

"You all packed up now." She said, crawling into bed to wait for him.

"Yeah, I think so." he said, shutting the bedroom light and slipping into bed with her.

She cuddled up close to him and she heard him start to laugh.

"Your hair is all frizzy and staticky, it went up my nose." he said, itching his face and then smoothing out her hair.

"Draco?"

"Yeah"

"I thought I had lost my powers when you were away...... I barely ever turned over, except one time where I thought you were dead..... but even then it was really nothing. Do you think it means anything?"

Draco looked at her with a surprised expression on his face and then he propped himself up to look at her.

"What's wrong?" she asked, seeing his expression.

"I went through the same thing..... I could barely conjure up anything.... I couldn't even help save Dean; I mean there was just a little something here and there, but back at the other house when you turned over.... I wasn't that far, I was just on the edge of town. Then back at the Death Eater camp where I found you.... I finally was able to have them come about again. Do you think our powers are weaker when we are apart?"

She looked at him, her eyes wide at realizing what this could mean. "When did you first start experiencing your powers?" she asked him; a bit nervous to learn the answer.

"At the Manor..... when you were there, after I......... kissed you." he whispered the last part and looked at her.

"Oh" was all she could manage. The thought of their powers being useless without the other near was concerning, especially since Draco was leaving in the morning to go try and take down one of the most powerful wizards in the world.

"Well, we don't know for certain if that's what it is.... besides, I made it back to you still regardless." he smirked, pulling her closer to him.

They laid their deep in thought for a few more moments before Ginny finally cut through the silence with her voice.

"I love you Draco."

"I love you to Ginny." he said back, placing a kiss on her forehead and they soon drifted off to sleep.

____________________________________________________________

"Alright guys listen....... I know you're excited to get here and meet your Mom......and believe me she is quite the woman, but try to wait until I get back ok?" Draco said planting a kiss on Ginny's stomach.

"I hope they listen to you." she giggled at him.

"Me too." he said, grabbing his bag off of the bed and headed downstairs with Ginny beside him.

They made their way downstairs and met the rest of them outside, making the reality of the situation start to set in. Ginny was reminded of how hard it had been to say goodbye to him last time and how difficult it was to be away from him. She made her way to her brothers and got a big bear hug from all of them; each warning the babies inside her to stay there until they got back.

She made her way over to Harry, passing Luna, who had given Harry a quick goodbye with more of a wave and a quick hug rather than the mess of kisses they normally shared. She had a very different look on her face; it was covered in worry and Ginny couldn't quite tell what else. She approached Harry and gave him a bright smile before hugging him tightly; she felt a slight tingling sensation running through her as she hugged him goodbye but dismissed it.

"You promise you'll bring him back to me again?" she said with tears swelling in her eyes.

"I promise," he said with a smile.

Draco made his way in front of Hermione and gave her a smirk. "Alright, so same deal as last time?" he said, holding out his hand for her to shake on it.

She let out a light laugh and took his hand and nodded through her tears. He could see how scared she was for Ron's safety and he couldn't help the guilty feeling that overcame him knowing it was his own Father that kept keeping them all apart. He pulled her into a light hug and gave her another reassuring nod before making his way to his Mother.

"Any last words for Father?" he smirked at her.

She gave a small smirk back and shook her head, then pulled him into a hug. "Every time you have to leave me, I regret all those wasted years not being the Mother I should have been." she said, tightening her hug around him.

"Don't get all sentimental on me now Mother." he teased.

She lightly slapped him and then grabbed his face and planted a kiss on his cheek; leaving a big red kiss mark behind.

"Mother," he playfully snarled wiping her kiss mark off and making her let out a small laugh.

Ginny finally, yet again, came face to face with Draco and as they were exchanging farewells; she kept telling herself not to say goodbye and to start looking forward to the day he came back.

"You have your stone?" she asked with a smile.

"Yep, it hasn't stopped being warm since last night." he said, patting his pocket where he kept it.

"Alright, well when you get back not only will you owe me a birthday gift, but you'll be a Father soon after." she said with amusement.

"I can't wait to get back to you, and meet these guys." he said placing his hands on her belly. They exchanged a a bright smile as they felt them kicking and moving all over at his touch. "Or girls," he added with a smile.

They looked at each other for a few moments and Draco cleared his throat, pushing back the emotional state he seemed to have found himself in suddenly. He held Ginny close to him for a few more moments before locking lips with hers; mentally storing the feeling of them against his to relive while he was away. They soon started heading across the field and down the road until they were out of sight and soon the girls made their way back inside.

Ginny made her way back up to her room and decided to stop by Luna's to check on her; she saw the door was halfway opened and she pushed it the rest of the way.

"Hey Luna"

"Oh Ginny" she jumped in surprise and quickly pulled her sleeve down and put her hand behind her back. "You startled me." she said with a half smile.

Ginny just stared at her for a moment, "Is everything alright Luna?" Luna nodded a little too quickly to Ginny's liking and so she walked closer to her. "What's wrong with your arm?"

Luna pulled her arm out from behind her back, "Oh, it's nothing, just a light burn I got."

"Oh, let me see, I bet Mom has something for it." she said, grabbing Luna's wrist and pulling back her sleeve. "Ouch! That looks horrible, how did you get that?" She said, examining the burn; it looked more like a really bad scrape and it was very red and some scabbing on it. "How on earth did this happen Luna?" she asked, looking into the young girl's eyes.

"You know what Ginny, I'm tired and a bit worked up over Harry leaving, can I just be left alone, please?" she snapped ripping her arm away from Ginny and looking away.

Ginny stood there wide-eyed at the blonde; she was taken aback by her sudden change in behavior and surprised by her words. "Uh..... yeah of course." she said, leaving the room and headed to her own.

She decided not to pursue the conversation with Luna anymore until she saw her again and offer her something to help with her burn. She lay on her bed and placed her hands on her stomach and let her thoughts go to those mercury eyes she loved so much. She was hoping these next two weeks would go by fast so that she could have him beside her again; and with that she fell asleep with Draco on her mind.