Unofficial Portkey Archive

Juliet without Her Romeo by Liz21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Juliet without Her Romeo

Liz21

Disclaimer: Anything Harry Potter or Romeo and Juliet related is not mine. If I had it my way, Draco would be my Romeo and I'd be his Juliet, without the whole death thing of course.

Summary: They say she died by suicide, but they're wrong. I know because I led her to her death. She died of a broken heart.

A/N: Takes place in Draco's 7th year and Ginny's 6th year. Any sections that speak in first person is Draco.

Juliet without Her Romeo

Chapter Three: From a Dream to a Promise

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Only a week had passed since Draco turned and walked away from Ginny after finding out her true identity, but it felt like a year to him. Everywhere Draco went, there she was. Whether it was across the Great Hall or across the hallway, he would always catch a glimpse of her red hair or smell the scent of peppermint around him.

At first Draco thought she was stalking him, that she couldn't take no for an answer. But as that week went on, Draco soon began to notice that every time he saw her, she didn't even seem to notice him. It didn't take him long to figure out that her schedule was probably running along with his, and it took him this long to notice her.

But noticing her was the last thing he wanted to do. As hard as he tried, he couldn't get her out of his mind. Not even the strongest memory charm could make him forget what happened on the night of the masquerade dance. Every night he went to bed dreaming about her angel face, and every morning he would wake up with a smile on his face.

It was when Draco woke up with a smile on his face for the eighth day in a row that he started to worry about his state. He was on the way for an early Sunday breakfast when he saw Ginny walking a few feet ahead of him, all alone. Making up his mind in the two strides it took to catch up with her, Draco roughly grabbed her arm and yanked her into a nearby empty classroom.

He heard her gasp loudly at his sudden actions, but didn't turn to face her until he made sure the door was shut securely. Draco turned around to face a very pissed off Ginny.

"What the hell is your problem, Malfoy?" she snapped.

"So it's back to Malfoy now?" Draco asked with slight amusement as he walked up to her. It troubled him slightly that she stumbled backwards into a desk behind her out of fear.

Draco stopped just inches in front of her cornered body, suddenly aware of what situation they were in. Even though she seemed to cower under his towering height, her chest rose with shallow breaths, but not from fear or shock. Draco tried to see her facial expression, but she instead watched the floor beneath them, not daring to look him in the eyes. Draco raised his left hand, and very hesitantly he lifted her chin up slowly to his face.

Her brown eyes widened at his gray ones, and she subconsciously licked her lips. "What do you want, Draco?" she said barely above a whisper.

Draco smiled at the sound of his name. Only Ginny was possible of making his name sound

like it was a piece of heaven. Keeping his left hand in place, he raised his other hand and lightly grazed his fingers against her cheek, causing her eyes to flutter shut.

"You've been haunting my dreams, Miss Weasley."

Ginny's eyes opened at his words and opened her mouth to speak, but Draco placed his right hand gently over her plush lips.

"Every night I have the same dream," he continued. "It starts off with us dancing under the moonlight, alone but together." He drew his left hand out from underneath her chin, only to place it on the back of her neck. "And every night we dance and hold onto each other, too afraid to let go. Then when we do stop dancing, I lean down to kiss you but you suddenly disappear."

Draco's eyes flickered down to her lips before looking back into her eyes. "I have had that exact dream every night since the night we kissed, and it will not leave me. And," he paused as he shifted his body a bit closer to hers, "I think there's only one way to stop the dreams."

"And which way is that?" Ginny said, her voice muffled by Draco's close presence.

"This way," he said as his hand on her neck pulled her to him, and his lips crashed onto hers.

Draco meant for it to be a simple kiss. He was positive that kissing her one more time would get her out of his mind for good. But when her arms wrapped around his neck securely and he felt himself do the same to her waist, he lost all control.

Their mouths meshed together, each in a frantic hurry to taste each other. Draco moaned with delight as Ginny opened her lips to him, anxious to explore her mouth. Her hands moved up from his neck to his hair, making tight fists into it when he lifted her body and sat her on the table behind her.

Trying to get as close as possible to each other, Ginny released her hands from his hair and widened her dangling legs, pulling him in-between them to close the gap between them. Her small hands cupped the sides of his handsome face, trying to get a steady hold of Draco's fast pace.

Once Draco was sure that she would not tumble over the desk, he released his hands from her back and quickly drew them to the front and started to unbutton her shirt. His fingers slipped at the middle button; he was trying to get the shirt off as fast as he could.

When Draco's fingers slipped the second time, he quickly abandoned the shirt and instead rested his hand on Ginny's knee before dragging it up to the bottom of her skirt. He just started to hike it up when Ginny's mouth pulled away from his.

"I, I can't do this," she said with heavy breaths, her grip on him loosening.

Draco froze. He pulled far enough away to look her in the eyes. "You don't want this? You were the one who was saying before that you wanted me and,"

"No, Draco," Ginny interrupted, her labored breathing easing down a bit. "I do want you, and I want to be with you. But I can't do this in here."

Draco titled his head to the side in confusion. "Why not? The desk is perfectly stable, and the door is locked. No one will walk in."

When she didn't answer right away, Draco grabbed her in another kiss. After they kissed for several minutes and Ginny didn't say a word, except for an occasional moan, Draco's hand went back to adjusting her skirt. He just got it to up when Ginny grabbed his hand.

This time Draco broke the kiss. "What? What's wrong? We both want to be with each other, don't we? And if you really don't trust the desk, we could go on the floor, or against the wall, or"

"It's not that," Ginny said quickly. Draco looked at her curiously as she bit her lip in embarrassment. "It's just that," Ginny paused for a second, "I've never done this before."

Draco quickly withdrew his hand from her thigh. "You're a virgin?" he asked quietly.

Ginny's eyes flew to the floor and she slowly nodded her head. "I'm not waiting for marriage or anything," she mumbled. "I just don't want my first place to be in McGonagall's room."

Draco glanced around them, just noticing what room they were in. He looked back at Ginny, and with a sigh he saw her still staring at the floor. He lifted her chin up and gave her a comforting smile. "There's nothing to be ashamed of," he said. "And you're right; McGonagall's room is no place for a first time. You deserve a huge, comfortable bed with rose pedals and everything."

Ginny smiled up at him, and Draco continued to stand there and stare, taking in her ravishing beauty. He could have stared at her like that all day, but after a moment he started to pull away from her.

"You're brother is going to start wondering where you are," he said as he helped her down from the desk.

"Oh my brother can go fuck himself," she said as she buttoned up her shirt.

Draco's sudden laughter filled the air. Ginny looked up at him in surprise with her own smiled on her face. "What's so funny?"

"You sound so funny when you swear," he said as he tried to contain his laughter. "Sort of ruins the whole perfect angel attitude."

Ginny gasped at him. "Draco Malfoy, I do not act like a perfect angel!"

When Draco's laughter increased at her comment, Ginny went to go nudge him in the arm when he grabbed her hand and kissed it gently, causing all laugher to stop and smiles to freeze.

"But you're my angel," Draco said quietly as he lowered her hand.

Time froze between the two as Draco continued to hold Ginny's hand, and Ginny continued to stare at Draco. Finally the silence was broken by Ginny.

"Why did you walk away from me after the dance?" she asked quietly.

Draco stared at his fingers as they grazed over Ginny's knuckles. "I thought it was obvious with my father and all."

Ginny shook her head as she watched Draco. "I know that, but what I don't understand is why you let him control what you want," she paused to take a breath, "you do want me, right?"

Draco's fingers froze as he looked up with her. She stared at him, waiting for him to answer. When he didn't, Ginny started to pull her hand out of his own to walk away.

Draco held onto her tight. "No, Ginny wait. You don't understand. I do want to be with you, believe me I do. But I can't risk it."

"And why not?" Ginny asked angrily. "Why is us being together so impossible and dangerous?"

Draco shook his head at her sudden rage. "You don't understand my father, Ginny. He hates your family with a passion, and the last thing he'd want is for us to be together, whether it made me happy or not. He doesn't care about other's self being, just himself."

"Draco, your father doesn't scare me!

"Well he should," Draco said angrily. "You have no idea of what he has done to innocent people just for the hell of it, or what victims have fallen into his hands for his evil deeds."

Ginny's face flushed slightly at Draco's statement. "Draco," she said with a forced calm, "You are here and your father is far away at wherever you live. You shouldn't have to worry about him here at Hogwarts."

"It doesn't matter where we are, Gin. He is everywhere. If he isn't here at Hogwarts, he has someone working for him here. You know what he did in my second year? He picked some poor little first year, gave them Voldemort's old diary, and had them open up some chamber of his. My father did all of that without having to step inside of Hogwarts. He is an evil, powerful man, and I will not let you have the opportunity of crossing his paths!"

"Well then you're a little late, Draco, because I already did!" Ginny shouted angrily. She pulled her hand away from Draco and stared at him.

"What are you talking about?" Draco asked, even thought he secretly did not want to know.

Ginny took a deep breath before saying in an even tone, "I was your father's little pawn my first year for the chamber. Your father sent me to my death with that diary, and you know that? I survived. I survived and I am not going to let your father ever think he can control my fate."

Draco stared at Ginny with an open mouth, barely believing what she just told him. He faintly remembered his father bragging about picking a family enemy for the dirty deed, but the Malfoys had a lot of enemies. But after all these years, he never thought that a Weasley did it.

He watched as she hugged herself, and trying to hold in a sniffle. He quickly took a step towards her and wrapped her in his arms tightly. "I am so sorry, Ginny. I never knew."

He felt her sniffle against his shoulder before she said, "I know, Draco. I know."

Once he was certain that she was okay, he slowly pulled away from her so he could look her in the face. "Ginny," he whispered, "I don't want you to get hurt because of me. If my father ever found out," he stopped there, not wanting to think about what his father would do exactly.

"He doesn't scare me, Draco," Ginny said quietly. "We could keep it a secret. No one has to know."

Draco studied her face, as an uneasy feeling steadied in the pit of his stomach. "I don't know, Gin."

"Draco, please," Ginny whispered. She stared into his gray eyes before saying, "Please don't turn your back on this. Promise me you won't."

Draco stared at her. He knew Ginny wanted to be with him just as much as he did, but something bothered him tremendously. He looked into her eyes, and saw them glistening with tears, and as she bit her bottom lip, he forced a small smile.

"Okay, Ginny. I promise."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Do not swear at all; Or, if thou wilt, swear by thy gracious self, Which is the god of my idolatry, And I'll believe thee."

-Romeo and Juliet
Act II Scene II

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hope you guys like it so far. I'm not one to move anything this fast paced, but it is based on Romeo and Juliet, and it's not going to be a 20 chapter story. Thanks to everyone who has reviewed so far and please review again!

Liz21