Unofficial Portkey Archive

Juliet without Her Romeo by Liz21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Juliet without Her Romeo

Liz21

Disclaimer: Anything Harry Potter or Romeo and Juliet related is not mine. If I had it my way, Draco would be my Romeo and I'd be his Juliet, without the whole death thing of course.

Summary: They say she died by suicide, but they're wrong. I know because I led her to her death. She died of a broken heart.

A/N: Takes place in Draco's 7th year and Ginny's 6th year. Any sections that speak in first person is Draco.

Juliet without Her Romeo

Chapter Five: Friends and Angel's Tears

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Draco," a voice cooed. "Wake up."

Draco closed his eyes even tighter in response to the intruding voice. "Five more minutes," he mumbled into his pillow. Or what he thought was a pillow.

A sweet laughter filled his ears. "You're so cute when you're cranky."

Draco opened one eye to glare at Ginny who he was currently using as a pillow. "Malfoys are not cute," he said before closing the eye again and squeezing his arms tighter around Ginny's naked body.

He loved waking up next to his angel every morning. Every night for the past week when he fell asleep with her in his arms, a part of him wanted morning to come as soon as possible just so he could see her again. But not this morning. This morning was meant for sleeping in.

Draco was sprawled out over Ginny, his head resting oh her smooth stomach, and his arms wrapped around her protectively. The green silk blankets provided minimal coverage to either of them, but were draped carelessly over Draco's bottom half. Sun poured through the stain glass windows in Salazar Slytherin's room, signaling a sunny Saturday morning.

Draco sighed with content as he lay on Ginny's soft skin, while her fingers played with his hair. He could stay like this forever.

Draco smiled when he heard Ginny sigh impatiently. He always did enjoy bothering her. "Draco, I know it's Saturday so we can sleep in, but there's a Hogsmeade trip today and I promised some girls from my year that I'd go with them."

"Fuck Hogsmeade," Draco grumbled loudly. "Aren't you sick of those trips by now? They're the same every year. I mean, wouldn't you rather lie in bed all day with your very naked, gorgeous boyfriend, then walk around in the cold until your feet are sore?"

Ginny's silent laughter caused Draco's head to rise and fall with the movements of her stomach, but he held on nevertheless. "Your laughing is making me sea sick," he said with his eyes still closed. He was determined to win this time.

Her stomach stilled at his comment, and just when Draco was positive that she gave up, he felt a sharp tug come from his hair.

"Owie!" Draco yelped as his eyes jolted opened. He turned his head sharply to the red head, sending her a death glare. "What was that for?" he exclaimed as one of his hands freed her to touch his hair to see if it was okay.

This time Ginny didn't bother holding her laughter in. Draco looked at her with a bit of shock and annoyance. "So you laugh at my pain instead of my jokes?"

"You're such a baby, Malfoy," Ginny said jokingly through the last of her giggles.

Draco started at her face, red from laughing, and tried to come back with a snappy comeback. But he realized that the most insulting thing he could ever say to her was, "Weasley."

"You're loosing your touch, Draco," Ginny said with a wide smile.

"Thanks to you," he said grumpily. "And since you messed up my hair, I'm not going to let you go," he added stubbornly, only holding onto her tighter and pressing all of his body weight onto her.

Ginny squealed loudly as Draco's hands began to tickle her sides, making her trash underneath him. "Draco," she said in-between giggles. "Let go!"

"Only if you promise that we get to sleep in tomorrow!" Draco said quickly as he watched her with amusement.

"I, I promise," Ginny said with deep breaths.

After giving a few more tickles, Draco finally let go of her and rolled off. Finally being able to breathe, Ginny turned to her side to face Draco and said, "You're so spoiled, you know that? You always have to win."

Draco smiled cheekily at her. "Well I always get what I want," he said as he leaned over and kissed her softly on her lips. But before she could deepen the kiss, he broke away and lay back down with his hands behind his head. "So what's the big deal with Hogsmeade today?"

"Well for one, I promised Laura and Mary that I would go with them."

"And they can't manage to go on their own?" Draco interrupted rudely.

Ginny narrowed her eyes at him playfully. "Of course they can. But Mary doesn't want to be alone with Laura and Mike,"

"Who?"

"Mike is Laura's boyfriend. But it doesn't matter, you probably don't know him. Anyways, Mary doesn't want to be the third wheel with them so I'm coming along to keep her company."

"Doesn't she have any other friends?"

"Draco!" Ginny said as she hit him in the arm. "Didn't your father teach you that it's rude to interrupt?"

"No, but he did teach me how to kill people and that death is the best punishment there is."

Ginny stared at his casual face in disbelief. She knew better than to have asked. "And," she continued as if nothing happened, "I have to return my masquerade mask at the costume shop. I rented it out for only a month, so the last day to turn it in without getting fined is today."

She started to sit up and get out of bed when Draco pulled her back down. "It's been a month since the dance?" he asked nonchalantly.

"Five weeks to the night," she said. "Now can I please go and shower?"

Draco smiled at her before letting her go. "Only if I can join."

Ginny grabbed the bathrobe that they left out from their shower the night before, and wrapped it around her. "Fine," she said as she walked over to the bathroom door, "but no hogging all the hot water this time."

"Oh don't worry," Draco said as he sat up and walked towards her, "We'll be steaming it up enough in there that we'll have to take a cold shower."

Ginny giggled at Draco's wide, suggesting smile and turned to walk into the bathroom, but not before grabbing a hold of Draco and hauling him in there.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Stop pouting like a five-year-old, Draco, and let go before someone sees us!"

Draco grinned evilly to himself. He thought he cooperated too nicely when he watched Ginny get ready for her trip to Hogsmeade, so he figured he'd make up for it now. Their routine of leaving Slytherin's room was Draco would go first to make sure the coast was clear, and then he would let Ginny go ahead of him. If they were heading towards the same direction, Draco would wait until she was out of sight till he started to follow.

The farthest Ginny got was a footstep out into the hallway before Draco tackled her into his arms. They've been standing there for five minutes; Draco holding onto her like a toddler did to his teddy bear.

"Is this some kind of slow torture?" Ginny asked, her voice muffled from her head being shoved into Draco's hard chest.

"Ah, I love you too, angel" Draco said sarcastically.

Ginny sighed heavily into Draco's robe before saying, "Draco, you know I love you and would want to be in your arms all day. But we both know you're just doing this to annoy me because you didn't get to sleep it."

Draco pulled Ginny away from him, and struggled not to laugh at her flushed face. "Okay, I'm satisfied now," he drawled out lazily. Then without waiting for a response, he turned around and started to walk back to the Slytherin common room.

"Hey!" Ginny called out after him.

Draco paused with a smile that he hid as he turned around to face her. "Yes?" he asked innocently.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" she asked, trying to stay serious but Draco saw small flicker on her face.

Draco let his smile escape as he walked back to Ginny to give her a goodbye kiss. Draco bent his head down a little to reach her lips, while cupping her face gently, and gave her a soft, lingering kiss.

He pulled his lips away to end the kiss, but kept his face near hers to stare into her eyes.

"Have I ever told you that your eyes light up like stars in the sky?" he whispered to her quietly.

Her eyes widened at his comment, and a smile flickered on her face. "I love you so much, Draco."

Draco smiled at her and moved in for one more kiss. "I love you too."

With a goodbye and a promise to meet at Slytherin's room at midnight, Draco turned to walk back to his common room when Ginny stopped him.

"Are you going to Hogsmeade at all today?"

Draco shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe, if nothing comes up today."

Ginny smiled at his response. "I'll see you later."

Draco stood in the same spot to watch Ginny leave, and he continued to stand there even after she was long gone. He hated how he couldn't risk enjoying a simple outing with her. He sighed loudly to himself. They've lasted a month so far and no one has found out. Maybe they were fine, and Draco was just overreacting.

'Or maybe I just know my father too well,' Draco argued with himself. With another sigh, he turned around to leave but was confronted by Pansy Parkinson who was standing right behind him.

"How long have you been standing there?" he questioned angrily, panic rising in his voice. If she saw him with Ginny.

Pansy raised an eyebrow at him. "I just got here and you were standing there like a lost puppy," she answered.

Draco narrowed his eyes at her to see if she was lying. "Why are you here?"

Pansy rolled her eyes at him. "It's a free hallway, Draco. I don't care what your name is, or how much money your father has. You don't own this hallway."

Draco kept his eyes narrowed, waiting for her to continue.

Pansy sighed. "I was looking for you anyways to see if you wanted to go to Hogsmeade with me. You do owe me after leaving me at the masquerade dance."

Draco dropped his searching gaze after deciding she was telling the truth, and quickly sneered in disgust. "I don't owe you anything," he snapped, "but I'll go with only because I have to do a bit of shopping."

Pansy's face immediately light up. "Really? Anything for me?"

Draco rolled his eyes and chose to ignore her as they walked out of the castle together towards Hogsmeade. A happy, spoiled Pansy was much better than a complaining, bitchy one.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ginny couldn't help but be jealous over Laura and Mike. She loved Draco to death, and she would never give him up for anything, but as she watched Laura and Mike hold hands as they walked and kiss each other every few minutes, Ginny frowned. She was so happy for Laura, but it made her realize that she could never do anything like that in public with Draco.

"Are you okay, Ginny?"

Ginny snapped out of her daze and looked at Mary who was walking next to her. Ginny smiled at the short, brown haired girl.

"Of course, why do you ask?"

Mary shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. You just seem to be a bit off today. Actually to be completely honest, you've been a bit off for the past month."

Ginny's heart dropped. Surprisingly, Mary has been the first one to question Ginny on her recently changed behavior, and she hasn't even thought of an excuse if this situation ever came up. "Uh, well you see," Ginny trailed off before looking at Laura and Mike in front of her. Ginny quickly nudged her head at Mary towards them. "Just feel a little lonely with me being single and all."

Mary looked at the happy couple and quickly nodded her head in agreement. "I know how you feel," she said quietly, "but at least Laura's the one happy and not someone like Pansy who doesn't deserve it."

Ginny smiled back at her, relieved that she believed her. Ginny was going to add that Pansy didn't even deserve the love of a garden gnome when Laura suddenly jumped on her.

"Ah!" yelled Ginny, attracting several group's attention around them. She blushed at the sudden attention, and shot a look at Mary who was giggling at her. She turned to Laura, who had a wide smile on her face. "Where the hell did you come from? You were just in front of me with Mike!"

Laura's smile grew wider, proud that her surprise attack worked. "Well if you were paying attention, he just went into the Quidditch store. I told him I had to go to the costume shop with you, so we'd meet him later at the Three Broomsticks."

Mary's giggling suddenly stopped. "Oh, thanks for reminding me, Laura! My mom said she'd buy me a broom for my birthday, so I have to go check the models out. I'll meet you guys later then?"

Laura and Ginny both nodded their heads as Mary walked away. Ginny then turned to Laura and punched her playfully in the arm.

"Ow!" Laura squealed as she grabbed her injured arm. "What was that for?"

"For scaring the shit out of me," she said with a smirk as they started to walk to the costume shop.

"You know, you could be Malfoy's double, smirking at me like that," she said as she continued to rub her sore arm.

At the mention of Draco's name, butterflies exploded in her stomach. She stared at Laura, who was not aware of it, and thought to herself before asking, "Would that be such a bad thing?"

Laura turned to Ginny with confused eyes and opened her mouth to speak, but was completely silent. Ginny gulped suddenly, wishing she wasn't so curious to think what her best friend would think about their relationship. Time froze by as Laura stared at Ginny, and Ginny doing the same, when Laura suddenly broke into laughter.

"Good one, Gin!" Laura laughed loudly as she continued to walk, leaving a thankful Ginny to catch up to her fast pace. "Would it be bad to be like Malfoy? You crack me up! If you want to be compared to a sleazy, arrogant ferret, be my guest."

Ginny forced a laugh as they rounded the corner. "Come on, Laura. He isn't that bad," she tried again.

"Right, just ignore all those years of him torturing your family and friends, him being evil, and," she paused to lower her voice to a serious notch, "don't forget what his father did to you your first year."

Ginny frowned at her. "But Laura that was his father. Draco had nothing to do with that."

"Still, like father like son. And," she paused suddenly to stare at Ginny. "Did you just call Malfoy by his first name?"

Ginny stared at the brown haired girl, her mouth gaping like a fish. She was stuck in a corner, and the longer she stood there looking like an idiot the shorter it would take for Laura to figure it out. She quickly looked up the road, and just ahead was the shop. "Look, there's the shop!" Ginny said excitedly as she dragged Laura to it, furthermore ending their discussion.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Oh, Drakey! Let's go in there!" Pansy exclaimed loudly as she gripped Draco's arm tightly.

Draco flinched at her death grip on him. He so far has stuck to his plan at ignoring her, which for some reason led her to believe that he was going to buy her something. He looked up at saw her pointing at a jewelry store, and was about to walk away from it, but she was already dragging him to it.

"Pansy," he warned. "I'm not buying you anything."

Ignoring him completely, she continued to drag him until they were both in the store when she left go to go look around for herself.

Draco sighed loudly. He hated shopping with women, especially money digging ones. Already bored out of his mind, he was set to just leave Pansy when a display case caught his eyes. Draco walked up to it curiously, and the second he saw it he knew it was perfect.

"Excuse me," he called out to the shop owner.

An old man in his sixties came limping out of the back room up to his customer, and started to greet him with a warm face that quickly turned into fear when he saw who he was. "Master Malfoy," he said quietly with a little bow. "How can I be of service?"

Draco glared at the shop owner, and for once in his life it bothered him that an 18 year old boy could have such an influence on someone he has never met.

"I'm interested in that ring," Draco said as he pointed to the center one in display.

The shop owner's face immediately lit up, glad that Draco was here to do business. "Ah, and a fabulous ring it is, Master Malfoy." He quickly took it out of the case carefully for Draco to examine it closer.

Draco accepted the ring with his perfect hand, and held it close to his gray eyes. It was crystal clear, which surprised Draco slightly. "What kind of ring is this?" Draco asked as he continued to examine it.

"It's a promise ring," the shop owner answered excitedly as he adjusted his glasses. "It's one of a kind, and was said to be made by the tears of an angel."

Draco's heart leapt with the news of that, but showed no interest on his face. "Was said, or is made by an angel's tears?" Draco asked forcefully. "I don't want to buy anything that's really made out of cheap plastic."

The shop owner's eyes immediately rounded. "It is made of an angel's tears, Master Malfoy. That I know for certain. It's been in my family's shop for years, ever since the day it was created."

Draco slowly nodded his head, knowing what he was saying was the truth. He wasn't the kind to even try and cheap a Malfoy out of his money. "Does it do anything?" Draco asked.

"As a matter of fact, it does," the shop owner said. "Sine it's a promise ring, it's meant to be promised upon by true lovers. If the promise is ever broken, the ring turns black and stays that way forever."

Draco slowly nodded his head, never taking his eyes off the ring. "I'll take it," he said as he handed it back for it to be wrapped up.

The shop owner nodded gratefully, sending his double chin to do a little jiggle. He returned quickly with a small velvet black box, which Draco pocketed before dropping a few too many Galleons on the counter. Ignoring the shop owner's calls of him paying too much, Draco quickly walked out of the shop before Pansy could notice that he was gone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"You are insane, Laura! Your mother is going to kill you!"

Laura and Ginny laughed loudly together as they exited the costume shop arm in arm, talking non-stop about Laura's new hair. While Ginny was returning her mask, Laura came across a hair dying kit, and walked out of the shop with bright blue streaks in her dark brown hair.

Laura smiled at her in-between giggles. "It's bloody wicked, Gin. I would have made you get some also, but all there was left was red and green. We both know the red would have done nothing, and there's no way I'm letting you wear a Slytherin color!"

Ginny's smile immediately dropped at Laura's comment, but thankfully Laura didn't notice the mood change. They continued to walk with their arms linked and just saw Mary and Mike waiting for them outside the Three Broomsticks when Ginny saw a person with white-blonde hair in the corner of her eyes.

'Draco,' she immediately thought to herself. She quickly looked in the direction she saw sure enough that it was Draco, who was walking down a street by himself. She smiled happily at his back, and turned to Laura who thankfully didn't notice.

"Oh crap, I forgot something," she said to Laura as she quickly unlinked their arms. "Just go have a butterbeer without me. I'll see you back at Hogwarts."

"What did you forget?" she asked curiously. "All you had to do was go to the costume shop and we did that."

Ginny's eyes lit up with an excuse. "I know, and Fred and George asked me to check out the shop's merchandise to see what they were competing against," Ginny lied.

Laura studied her for a few minutes before saying, "Well, okay. Do you want me to come with?"

"No!" Ginny exclaimed, with much more force than she intended. "I mean no, don't bother. You should go have fun with Mike and Mary," she added quickly once seeing Laura's hurt face.

"Well, okay then," Laura said slowly as she started to walk towards the two people waiting for her. "Just be careful, okay?"

Ginny nodded at Laura, and once she, Mike and Mary were inside, Ginny took off to the direction that Draco was heading for.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Draco was on his way back to Hogwarts with a hidden smile on his face. He knew Ginny would love the ring; it was made especially for her.

As he walked by himself, he thought over the past month with Ginny. It was odd how hours without her could see like years, but a month with her seemed like only a few days. Draco reached his hand down his pocket to finger the velvet box when he was suddenly pushed roughly from the back into a dark alley.

If Draco didn't have his hand in his robe, he would have had his wand shoved up his intruder's arse in a second flat, but being one handed slowed him down. By the time he was able to reach for his wand, a pair of hands grabbed his arms and shoved him up against the cold, brick wall. Still too dark to see, he could tell that his attacker wasn't very strong, and he was about to fight back with his own bare hands when a pair of lips suddenly seized his.

Draco's eyes opened with surprise, and was about to bite down on the mysterious person's lips when he took notice of how the lips felt against his, and of the smell of peppermint suddenly filling the air.

"Ginny?" Draco murmured against the lips still kissing him.

The person pulled away from Draco for a second, just long enough to whisper, "Lumos."

Blinking at the sudden bright light, Draco adjusted his eyes to the red head standing innocently in front of him.

"Ginny," Draco groaned as she smiled at him. "I could have killed you!"

"You're probably the slowest Death Eater I've ever seen."

"Ginny, quiet!" Draco hushed immediately. The last thing he wanted was for people to hear that. Sure, people assumed he was one. But there was a big difference between assuming and knowing.

Ginny laughed at Draco's frantic moments, and without saying another word she started to kiss him again. Not one to object

to such actions, Draco quickly wrapped his arms around her, and just started to kiss her deeply when he felt her start to unbuckle his pants from underneath his robe.

Gathering all of his control, Draco gently slid Ginny's hands away from him. "Not here, Gin. Someone might see us together."

For the million time of the day, Ginny smiled at Draco's worries. "What's so funny? This is serious," Draco said angrily.

"Not if you put a silencing charm on the whole alley," Ginny said seductively.

Draco's eyebrows immediately went up. "So no one heard that whole Death Eater talk?"

"Nope," Ginny said slyly. "While you were still trying to get your wand out I put up the charm. And it's dark in here, so anyone who walks by won't see us."

Draco stared at Ginny, quite impressed. "You really are getting sneakier, my angel."

Ginny smiled widely as she put her hands back near Draco's pants. "I learn from the best, love."

She leaned up to Draco's lips, and whispered, "Nox." Once everything was dark, Draco and Ginny were too occupied to hear the footsteps that walked away from the entrance of the alley.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"O! speak again, bright angel; for thou art As glorious to this night, being o'er my head, As is a winged messenger of heaven Unto the white-upturned wondering eyes,"
-Romeo and Juliet
Act II Scene II

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thank you for reading and please review! I would go on to say that the characters Laura, Mary, and Mike are mine, but they're all based off of my real friends. So I guess I own my friends then?

The blue hair was inspired by Laura herself.

Thank you so much to all of those who have reviewed. You all make my day and I love ya!

Liz21