Unofficial Portkey Archive

Juliet without Her Romeo by Liz21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Juliet without Her Romeo

Liz21

Disclaimer: Anything Harry Potter or Romeo and Juliet related is not mine. If I had it my way, Draco would be my Romeo and I'd be his Juliet, without the whole death thing of course.

Summary: They say she died by suicide, but they're wrong. I know because I led her to her death. She died of a broken heart.

A/N: Takes place in Draco's 7th year and Ginny's 6th year. Any sections that speak in first person is Draco.

Juliet without Her Romeo

Chapter Four: Till Morning Comes

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Secret glances in the hallway.

Innocent hands rub against each other in the crowded corridor.

Anonymous love letters sent every morning at breakfast.

That was how Ginny and Draco kept their relationship a secret for weeks. During the day they would live by the rules of

keeping quiet, and they survived on the little things they could get away with.

But at night, it was a whole different story.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Draco waited impatiently for Ginny in McGonagall's room, their usual meeting spot. They claimed it to be 'their spot' after their first run in with each other three weeks ago. It was also rather convenient that Professor McGonagall always left her room for the night after dinner, and was foolish enough to trust the students and not lock the door.

Without failing, every night the two would meet at quarter to midnight, decide on where they should go tonight to spend time

together, and then leave the room before Filch did his nightly midnight checks. But every once in awhile a certain red head would run late.

Draco glanced at his watch for the fifth time that minute. It was already five to midnight, and they were cutting it very close with getting caught by Filch or Mrs. Norris. Just when Draco was going to leave and send Ginny an owl, Ginny came running through the door panting.

"I'm so sorry I'm late!" she said, bending over a little to catch her breath. "Ron saw me leave and asked way too many questions."

Draco's eyebrows rose. "Did he find out about us?"

"Of course not. Don't be silly," Ginny said once she caught her breath. She walked up to Draco and gave him a light kiss on his lips. "I told him I was going to the kitchens for food, and to not wait up because afterwards I had to do some astrology homework."

Draco grinned at her and circled his arms around her. "Well aren't you the sneaky one."

Ginny smiled at him and leaned against his chest. "I learned from the best."

Draco chuckled lightly, and then quieted down so he could enjoy just holding Ginny in his arms.

"I missed you, Draco," she murmured against his shirt.

"But we just saw each other last night," he said quietly. "And then at all of the meals, and I saw you in the library. I'm not sure if you saw me or not. I was in the potions section and,"

Ginny lifted her head up to look at him and gave him a small smile. "You know what I mean, Draco." She sighed loudly. "Sometimes when I see you look at me at breakfast, I want to just scream aloud that we're together. Or when you always give my hand a quick squeeze when we pass each other in the hallway, I want to just grab you right there and snog you like crazy."

Draco pulled away to look her in the face. "Oh really?" he said with interest.

Ginny pushed at his chest playfully. "Yes, really," she said with another smile. The smile soon faded when she asked the question Draco knew she would ask sooner or later.

"Draco?"

"Hmm?"

"How much longer do we have to keep us a secret?"

Draco sighed loudly and glanced at the floor for a moment. He knew they couldn't play secret the rest of their lives, but he was hoping that he would have more time before he had to tell her what to expect of the future. He looked up into her hopeful eyes and placed his hands on her shoulders. "Ginny,"

A sudden meow broke his sentence.

Draco and Ginny both froze before spinning around to the door. Mrs. Norris stood at the opening, meowing for Filch that she found two students out of bed.

Ginny's scared eyes searched Draco's face. "Filch will be here in a matter of minutes. We have to get out of here."

Draco nodded quickly before grabbing her hand and running to the door. The hallway was clear for now. He looked at Ginny and whispered, "Just keep quiet."

Ginny nodded her head and squeezed his hand tightly.

Draco moved to dash out of the room with Ginny when Mrs. Norris meowed at them angrily, causing him to pause. He took one good look at the cat before kicking her clear out of the way.

"Draco!" Ginny whispered anxiously.

Draco turned around with a wide smile. "I've always wanted to do that. Okay, let's go."

Ginny nodded, and with one more look down both sides of the hallway (Mrs. Norris landed five feet away from them and was currently walking around in a dizzy circle) they took off for the stairs.

Ginny kept her word and was quiet, but when Draco started to lead them down towards the dungeons she asked in a hushed voice, "Are we going to Snape's room?"

Draco was about to answer her when they heard footsteps coming right towards them. With a whispered, "Shit," Draco stopped and looked around them frantically for a place to hide. Noticing that the statue of Salazar Slytherin was only a few feet away, Draco made a jolt for it.

"Draco, what are you doing?" Ginny whispered urgently. "That statue won't hide us!"

"Trust me, Ginny!" he said quickly. Holding onto her hand tightly, he reached the statue just as the footsteps stopped.

"Is someone down there?" a voice asked.

Ginny's eyes grew wide. "That's Hermione's voice. Draco, she can't see us together! She'll tell Ron and Harry and everyone. We have to hide!"

Never letting go of Ginny or answering her, Draco grabbed his wand and pointed it at the cement wand the statue was holding. He saw out of the corner of his eye Ginny staring at him in confusion as he whispered to the statue, "Pureblood."

At his words, the tip of Salazar Slytherin's wand glowed green, and a second later the brick wall behind it changed into a wooden door. Ignoring Ginny's gasp of surprise, he pulled on the door knob and pushed her into the room, him following after. Draco only allowed himself to breathe when he heard the footsteps of the Head Girl walk by and vanish.

Draco walked over to a green armchair and dropped into it. "That was a close one," he drawled.

"Draco?" Ginny asked. "Where are we?"

Draco looked up at Ginny and watched her take in the room with interest. It was the size of the average dormitory room, but only contained one green four-poster bed along with one dressing cabinet, a desk, and another door that led to a private bathroom.

"This," Draco motioned at the green room with silver outlines, "Is Slytherin's secret room."

"And you know of this how?"

"My father," Draco said lazily. "He tried to get me my own room, but that crackpot Dumbledore wouldn't hear of it. So in place of that, he told me of this room incase I ever needed some time alone to practice my magic."

Ginny slowly walked over to his sitting form. "And you need a room to yourself to practice magic?"

Draco stared at his hands. "You do if it's illegal."

"What are you talking about, Draco?"

Draco hesitantly looked up at Ginny. Even without saying a word, he could tell by her face that she had an idea of what he was talking about. Her eyes looked at him with worry, probably hoping that he wasn't serious. Draco rose from his seat and grabbed both of her hands. "Gin, there are other reasons of why we have to be a secret," he said quietly. He slowly took one of her hands, and placed it on the outside of this left arm. "He can't know."

Ginny's eyes grew wide with fear at Draco's last statement, and he watched her as she began to understand what he meant. Tears started to spring to her eyes, and she gave him a small nod, showing she understood why no one must know.

Never taking her eyes off his arm, she whispered, "Can I see it?"

Unable to form words, he slowly nodded his head. He moved his hands to unbutton his shirt when Ginny grabbed his hands. She was now looking into his eyes, and she held her gaze as she lowered his hands and placed them to his sides. She then brought up her hands once more and slowly unbuttoned his shirt for him.

Draco watched her as she moved from one button to the next, and even once her job was completed, he never looked away as she slid the two halves of the shirt down his arms and off his body. She finally broke their gaze and looked at the Dark Mark on his arm, gently touching the image of the skull with a snake coming out of its mouth. Draco flinched at her cool touch, startled that she would want to touch such a thing.

"Did it hurt?" Ginny whispered as she continued to stare at it.

Draco nodded his head in response. He gently took her hand away from his mark and squeezed it tightly. "I'm sorry I brought you this close to danger," he whispered, his voice tight with regret. "It was selfish of me; I just wanted you to be with me."

"Draco,"

"I mean, if Voldemort ever found out that one of his Death Eater's was with the enemy,"

"Draco,"

"But don't worry, Ginny. I won't let any harm come to you. I'll go to any distance if it means to keep you safe."

"Draco!"

Ginny's sudden outburst broke Draco from his ramblings. "What?" he asked.

She grabbed his head and pulled him down to her lips. It didn't take long for Draco to react to her sudden kiss, and he quickly kissed her back. Their mouths quickly opened to each other, but before Draco could wrap her up in his arms, she broke apart.

"I love you."

Draco's gray eyes stared into her brown ones as her words sunk in. "You, you what?" he stuttered.

Ginny smiled slightly at his mumbled words. "I love you, Draco Malfoy, and I'd die to be with you."

Draco gently cupped her face with his two hands. "Ginny, please don't say that. I'm not worth that."

Ginny overlapped his hands with hers. "You are worth everything to me, Draco. I'd die for you."

Draco studied her face, knowing what she said was true. His stomach dropped at her words, not wanting to believe her or listen to her. But her brown eyes were full of love and seriousness, and he knew she meant it. He continued to stare at her, torn between kissing her and telling her that she shouldn't risk her life to be with him.

Doing neither of the two, he took his hands away from her face and grabbed her two hands lightly. He stared hard and long at her like that, until he said,

"I love you too, Gin."

He gathered his hands up to his face, and kissed each one lightly before lowering them and kissing her lips. He loved the way she tasted. Her usual scent of peppermint clouded his emotions, making him want more of her. As he kissed her with a gentle passion to show how much she did mean to him, his hands let go of hers and drifted towards her shirt.

He hesitated with the piece of clothing, remembering Ginny saying about her being a virgin. He knows she loves him, and he felt the same about her, but was she ready?

Ginny's lips went still at Draco's hesitant gestures, so she broke the kiss gently and pulled her head away to look into his eyes. Without saying a word, she backed away from him and his reaching hands, and for a moment Draco was afraid he made a mistake and was already pushing it too far.

Ginny smiled shyly at his scared face, and before he could react, she reached for the bottom of her white shirt and pulled it over her head.

Draco stared at her with wide eyes as her shirt floated to the floor and she stepped back to him. "Draco," she whispered against his lips, "I want to make love with you."

Her words shivered through him, and he gently touched her cheek. "Are you sure?" he asked gently. He wanted to do this,

more than anything, but he didn't want her to regret it.

In response, she took his hand and slowly walked over to the green bed, never taking her eyes off of his. She lay down on the center of the silk blankets, and pulled Draco down with her.

Draco hovered over her body, savoring how she looked. Her red hair sprayed out over the pillows, and her pale skin sunk into the green surroundings. He leaned down and gently kissed her, tracing her lips with his tongue. Ginny's hands flew up to his naked chest, and Draco kissed her harder as her fingers lightly grazed over his skin. A light moan escaped her mouth when Draco left her lips and kissed along her jaw line to her neck, gently nipping the area right by her ear.

Abandoning the now red area, Draco slowly kissed his way down to her chest, letting his tongue linger on her skin before he moved to another spot. He raised his head to kiss her swollen lips as he reached behind her back for her bra clasp, and once that was free, he took the white material off in one swift movement.

He slowly raised the upper half of his body, so he was straddling Ginny's own. He gazed over the young woman, his breath sucked in by her beauty.

"You are so beautiful," he murmured quietly as he leaned back down to steal another kiss. He felt her lips smile against his at his comment, and then they opened up to a gasp as he reached down and tenderly cupped one of her breasts.

Ginny's hands flew to his hair, taking it in fistfuls, as he took her into his mouth. His tongue circled the sensitive area, and he nibbled affectionately at it. Ginny arched her back up to him, wanting more of his touches.

Knowing he wouldn't be able to hold off much longer, Draco abandoned her chest and continued his trail of kisses down to her smooth belly, all the meanwhile his two hands were unbuttoning her jean pants. By the time his mouth reached the rim of her pants, Draco lifted himself off of her so he could slide her pants off, along with her shoes and socks. Draco kissed each naked leg, wanting to touch and taste her everywhere.

Once only her innocent white underwear was left, Draco crouched over her and took his time as he leisurely slide them down her bare legs and threw them onto the floor with the other clothes. Draco looked up at Ginny's face and saw her blush with embarrassment, causing Draco to smile at her. He leaned back over her lips and gave her a reassuring kiss, letting her know not to be ashamed.

Leaving her with a smile, Draco bent back down to his abandoned trail of kisses, and continued it to her thighs. He took her legs and pushed them apart a little, kissing her inner thighs as softly as he could before sliding his tongue into taste her.

It aroused him greatly that she actually tasted of her sweet peppermint, and as he probed over her sensitive areas, he watched as her eyelids flutter shut and she moaned quietly. Her hips bucked to meet his mouth, and Draco eagerly took her request. But as soon as her moaning grew louder, he stopped despite her groaning protests. He had to get his pants off, and quickly.

Draco hastily climbed over Ginny's legs to the side of the bed as he unbuckled his belt. Ginny watched with amusement as he took his pants off, and would have offered to help, but everything including his black boxers was off in a record speed. Ginny felt her face burn when she took him in, embarrassed all over again.

Noticing Ginny's face, Draco slowly crawled back onto her, not wanting to startle her. Her legs already still spread from earlier,

he leaned into position, but stayed that way for a moment. Draco's face hovered over Ginny's, and gazed into her eyes filled with lust and a bit of fear. Draco smiled down at her, kissing her soft lips.

"I love you," Ginny mumbled against his lips.

Draco pulled an inch away from her face. "I love you too, my angel," he whispered back to her. He gave her one more loving kiss before breaking apart. "Are you ready?" he questioned.

Ginny nodded her head, and as Draco grabbed her mouth in a passionate kiss, he eased into her. He felt Ginny's fingers tense over his shoulders, but not until he broke through her barrier did she dig her nails into him, and her mouth gasped with pain.

Draco quickly stopped moving and looked up at her tear-stricken eyes. Guilt quickly filled his body as he asked, "Are you okay?"

Ginny nodded her head silently, and after a moment of being still and getting use to it, she started to move her hips up to him, egging him to continue. Draco grabbed her bruised lips once more before he began to move against her slowly, and each time he pulled out he went back in with ease. Only when Ginny's discomfort was completely gone and she wrapped her legs around him did he move faster.

As the pace increased, Draco broke the kiss and bit her neck. Ginny's moans increased as Draco's pace did, and he moved in harder when she whimpered, "Oh please," against his shoulders.

Draco wasn't sure how much time went by until he felt her go over the edge, her screaming his name the whole time. This excited him greatly, and with a few more hard thrusts, he too followed closely, yelling her name and pouring himself into her. With a few shudders, he fell onto her sweaty body in exhaust.

Ginny's hands tangled themselves in Draco's wet hair, and they laid there panting, feeling each other's heart beat. Draco moved his body to ease himself out of her, and then he rolled off of her and lay down next to her, only to put his arms around her and pull her close to him. She laid her head on his chest, their legs entwined together, and Draco's arms wrapped tightly around her. There the two star-crossed lovers slept, not knowing what was still to come.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Good-night, good-night! Parting is such sweet sorrow That I shall say good-night till it be morrow."
-Romeo and Juliet
Act II Scene II

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hope you guys liked it. Yay D/G action!!

Liz21