Unofficial Portkey Archive

It Happened One Night! by Muirnin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

It Happened One Night!

Muirnin

It Happened One Night

A H/Hr Wedding Challenge!

Requirements:

· -H and H are single in the beginning.

· -Harry and Hermione go out, without Ron, to celebrate/forget their shame (your choice) about whatever event you choose.

· -They get drunk. And when I say drunk, I mean, drunk. So drunk they can hardly see straight.

· -While being drunk, H and H think of the bright idea of getting married. Going to a drivethrough wizarding wedding chapel (Do they have those in England? If not, they can use a Portkey and go to Vegas...) they get married.

· -Wizarding wedding are much different. When a couple gets married, they are bound together for life. The only was for them to 'seperate' or 'divorce' is if both of the people want, truly, out of the marriage. Their wedding rings are the symbol--if the ring won't come off, the couple can't divorce.

· -Media has a field day with this...

· -Harry and Hermione are trying all they can to get a divorce, but, alas, it seems their rings just won't come off...

· -Can be either chaptered or one shot.

Disclaimer:

I do not now, nor at any time own any of the Harry Potter characters. Whether this is an Original Plot or in answer to a Portkey Challenge ALL is based on characters brilliantly created by J K Rowling with possible additional characters created by Muirnin Cocan.

In no way is any money being made, nor copyright or trademark infringement intended. I own nothing… not even my car.

J K Rowling owns all rights as well as various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, with additional motion picture rights belonging to Warner Bros., Inc. For a complete list of all the various publishers around the world go to www.jkrowling.com

Some parts may be of an adult nature that may not be suitable for all readers.

Reader discretion is strongly advised.

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

While I am not in a positon to write more frequently at this time (I know my own mega story Hogwarts and Beyond - Take 2 is a LONG time in getting done!), I have found that I do enjoy doing quite a few of the challenges in the Portkey Forums… not that I have actually gotten very many of them done…

Needless to say, the reason I have chosen to chose this one… ironically… it reminded me of a "Friends" episode… I couldn't resist it when I saw it… I may not abide by all the requirements. But I felt that it was important to point out WHERE I got the inspiration of this story… It will be multi chaptered… rather then a one shot… My one shot The Pages of Life ended up with over 11000 words… I actually am going to be redoing that story into a multichapterd affair.

I hope you enjoy… please remember what you have to do so that you are able to receive chapter updates!

Peace,

As Always,

(`'.¸(`'o..¤..o'´)¸.'´)

´¨`o.* Muirnin *.o´¨`

(¸.'´(¸.o'´¤`'o.¸)`'.)

"An imaginative mind is a terrible thing to waste..."

@}>---'---,---

Chapter one NEWLYWEDS???

Consiousness had yet to take command of the young man. Not wanting to open his eyes as yet, he tried to make sense of the sensations he was experiencing...

He was naked...

He could tell without even opening up his eyes... not that he was complaining... his body felt warm and cuddly compared to his head.

Also, he wasn't alone... a sly smile crept onto his face and then vanished with his ongoing confusion.

He could feel the warm body snuggled up tightly against his body, whose head was using his left arm as a pillow and causing said arm to be tingling with numbness.

At least he knew it was a woman...

He inhaled deeply and could tell from the fragrant scents that he was captivated by her… but where he recognized the aroma, he had no idea…

His right hand was resting gently upon her arm which was draped acorss his chest.

Given the delicate contours of her arm and the combination of scents he was assured that it was indeed a woman… But with The feel of her naked breasts pressed against his chest and the feel of her legs wrapped seductively around his own he still wondered what had happened and who she was…

He slowly began to stretch by sliding his hand down her arm and as he reached the hand noticed that she was wearing ring... more exactly... a band with a second ring that had a fairly large solitare stone surrounded by two other smaller stones.

Try as he might, he couldn't remember how he got here or even who she was...

Despite his confusion over the unknown woman in his bed he still couldn't bring himself to open his eyes, his head was throbbing more then it had during his entire life... and this included the searing pain he experienced while Lord Voldemort was still alive; having been vanquished forever three years previously.

A lone thought occured to him and fearfully, even though his own left arm was numbly being used as a pillow for the woman beside him he tried to move his thumb over to his ring finger and as if confirming is thought felt a ring that he knew was a match to the ones that now resided on the woman's hand.

Internally he cringed...

He knew what the rings on her hand looked like without opening his eyes.

They had been ones that had been left to him by his Godfather Sirius Black after his death 6 years before. They had been the matching wedding set that had belonged to James and Lily Potter and had been part of the Potter line for generations. More importantly…

They weren't just any rings. They were specifically the Potter Family Wizarding Wedding Rings.

He had found out from Dumbledore about what the signifigance of these rings was in regards to Wizard Weddings.

* Flashback *

As Harry sat in Albus Dumbledore's office at Hogwarts he thought solmnely about his late godfather Sirius Black... He kept looking up at the portrait of Former Headmaster Phineas Nigellus - Sirius Black's great great grandfather. Phineas stood in the frame looking down at the assembled persons and had a smirk on his face.

His best friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger sat on either side of him, Hermione holding onto his hand and Ron with a comforting hand on his shoulder. Both knew how difficult it had to be on Harry finally hearing the last will and testiment of Sirius Black. Included in the office was the Weasley's, Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks (her family was there as well), Severus Snape as well as an angry Narcissa and Draco Malfoy.

Dumbledore's voice spoke clearly as he began to read:

"I, Sirius Nigellus Black, being of as sound a mind and body that 12 years in Azkaban and 3 years on the run can afford, in front of witnesses Remus Lupin and Nymphadora (sorry) Tonks do claim this as my final will and testament and do so with a clear conscious and proud heart.

Out of numerous properties that I owned (thanks in part to Uncle Alphard Black, Edward Potter and his son James Potter) I leave the following:

Everything that had at one time been a part of the Potter's estate that had been left to me in trust for Harry James Potter at age 18 however I'm giving it to him now... This includes:

The entire Potter collection of Jewlery which includes the prestigious Gryffindor rubies as well as the Potter line Wizard Wedding Rings (retrieved by Albus Dumbledore after James and Lily died - the rings are stored in a separate vault known only by A.P.W.B. Dumbledore)

Potter Manor, Godric's Hollow, Wales (Restored since attack by Lord Voldemort)

What I liked to call the Cuddle Castle… HJP Cottage, Godric's Hollow, Wales (Harry, this is the home that your parents had built for you before you were born, you were to take possession of it when you turned 17)

The entire town of Godric's Hollow, Wales (Owned originally by Godric Gryffindor and passed on to his heirs)

All the Galleon's that had been placed in a vault for me by James Potter for the raising of his son.

All the Galleon's that had been left to me by Edward Potter (Harry's grandfather)

My Motorbike (Check with Hagrid on it's whereabouts.)

To Remus John Lupin I leave the Hogsmeade Marauder Manor (Shrieking shack). In addition, do me a favor next time you see Peter. Kill him for me… but make sure you eat the evidence…

To Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore and the members of the Order of the Phoenix, I bequeath the property on Grimmauld Place. The sum of galleon's stored in my vault at Gringott's Bank (that had been left to me by Uncle Alphard), which is to be divided amongst the remaining order members, the Tonks and Weasley families will receive (including the children) equal shares of the Order of the Phoenix money.

To Hermione Jane Granger, I bestow all the jewelry entombed in my Gringotts vaults and all the books in the Black Manor. (Please have them checked by curse breakers before touching or reading….)

To Ronald Billius, Fredrick Wulfric, George Albus and Virginia Molly Weasley I bestow not only your equal shares of the OotP money, but also 50,000 Galleons each. To be used as investment funds for 3W's, as well as honorary Maraudership for each of you. Gred and Forge your escape from Hogwarts is what makes all us Marauders proud.

To Rubius Hagrid, I return Buckbeak. Harry can fly him to you to get his motorbike. Please do not let Grawp eat him.

To Severus Snape, I offer you my apologies… I know that I always treated you like the humungous slimy haired git that you are, and despite my better judgement I am now apologizing to you for EVERYTHING I have ever done…

As my executor, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore has all Gringott's keys and will provide them upon request. Each person who has been listed here will receive duplicate copies of the will notating only what they are receiving. Harry James Potter is the only one to receive the entire will.

Anyone contests the will and what they get will receive 1 knut and nothing more.

Anything else I forgot, give to the my other cousins the Lestrange's and the Malfoy's (The Tonks are well taken care of through the OotP fund). Personally, I do not believe that the Death Eater families should receive anything that the Blacks have left since if I was a wagering man… and I am, I probably died at the hands of one of them….

Signed and dated by Sirius Nigellus Black

Witnessed by Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks

"I do not understand WHY the bulk of the Black Estate has been left to Harry Potter and his friends when they are NOT even a blood relative!" Narcissa Malfoy seethed, disregarding the comments from the will about Death Eater families and who was responsible for Sirius's death.

"It was Sirius Black's final request that his godson Harry Potter be his heir." Albus Dumbledore said authoratively. "As for the Weasley's they are as much his family as you are…" Taking out a small box he turned to Harry and handed it to him. "Here Harry, these are the rings that Sirius mentioned in the will."

Opening the box Harry saw 3 rings - a man's wedding ring along with a ladies engagement ring and wedding band. Tears filled his emerald green eyes as he thought about his parents - the last people to wear them. Harry remained quiet as everyone moved out of the room leaving him alone with Professor Dumbledore.

"One thing you should know about those rings is that they are enchanted Wizard wedding rings."

"What does that mean?" Harry said staring at the rings.

"It means that unlike muggle weddings, when a Wizard exchanges vows they are married forever… especially when they are joined with these rings. There is no way for the marriage to be desolved unless the rings are able to be removed. The rings connect themselves to the wearers souls." Albus said, "With Wizard Wedding Rings there is no stipulation for Divorce."

Harry looked at the headmaster, "But sir, why would anyone get married if they expected to get divorced?"

"Ah well having been raised muggle, you probably already have heard about prenuptual agreements…" Professor Dumbledore began talking very animatedly about what he had witnessed in the Muggle world over his 150+ years of exsistance. He almost sounded as excited as Arthur Weasley with his love of Muggles.

* End Flashback *

Try as he might, he couldn't open his eyes... he was trying to remember what had happened... but his head just throbbed.

Then he heard it...

A gasp in a very familiar voice. "Harry?"

Opening one eye carefully he peered at the face of the woman next to him in bed.

Wide cinnamon brown eyes stared back at him in a state of shock.

"Morning Mione... ummm..." he started to say but then closed his eyes again quckly as a throb of pain shot thru his head.

"What happened?" Hermione asked carefully, her own head throbbing in severe pain.

"To tell the truth, I don't remember... my head is throbbing so much I can't think." Harry said very quietly.

"I think we need a sobriatus potion... but I can't move my head." Hermione whispered back. "Ummm Harry… we don't have any clothes on."

"Thanks Mione… but I figured that one out for myself… my question is how did we get here."

"And what happened."

They could hear the door to the room they were in open and a pair of cheerful voices greeting them.

"Goodmorning Newlyweds!" Ron and Luna said.

Both Harry and Hermione now looked at each other with eyes wide open... Heads pounding as comprehension began to seep into the painful depths of their brains…

"Newlyweds?"