Unofficial Portkey Archive

It Happened One Night! by Muirnin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

It Happened One Night!

Muirnin

Disclaimer:

I do not now, nor at any time own any of the Harry Potter characters. Whether this is an Original Plot or in answer to a Portkey Challenge ALL is based on characters brilliantly created by J K Rowling with possible additional characters created by Muirnin Cocan.

In no way is any money being made, nor copyright or trademark infringement intended. I own nothing… not even my car.

J K Rowling owns all rights as well as various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, with additional motion picture rights belonging to Warner Bros., Inc. For a complete list of all the various publishers around the world go to www.jkrowling.com

Some parts may be of an adult nature that may not be suitable for all readers.

Reader discretion is strongly advised.

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

(Cinco de Mayo) Well it's almost the next day but I FINALLY have a phone line back… SIGH it took long enough… Anyway… here's the next chapter…

(Saturday May 1, 2004) Biggest note first… unfortunately for me… my dial-tone got disconnected leaving me without a way to talk to my husband or (more importantly where this story is concerned…) upload the chapters I have written… This happened at about 10:30pm on Wednesday night (right before I had court the next day!) Anyway, I got custody back of my kids (YEAH!!!!!!!!) and permission to move to Canada with them! I really do appreciate all the love and support I received from each and everyone of you! Thanks for your patience… I will try and get this uploaded as soon as I possibly can… In the mean time… I left the following note as I wrote it… My apologies to anyone I may have annoyed or offended…

(Wednesday April 28, 2004) You guys are absolutely amazing… I have never experience this amount of reviews this quickly and over this short of time. Thank you one and all… I will be trying to send out individual e-mails to everyone that reviews (but as you all know Real Life comes first… I'll let you know how things go on Thursday)… Ok this chapter is a bit shorter then most everything I write… And before anyone comments on it, I do not have a Beta at this time… nor am I planning on having one as I have enough delays in GETTING my writing done… let alone wait for someone to proof it…

If my work is in that bad of condition… let me know what errors I made and I will get them corrected AFTER I finish the story… It's hard enough these days to find time to write… let alone finish ANYTHING… hopefully when we move back to Canada, I will be able to schedule time in my day… even if it's one hour for fan fiction and one hour for the actual book I am working on…

Writing is my therapy… I do this because I enjoy it… I am addicted to reviews… and they make me bubble over with joy at receiving them… I am the champion of NitPicks… nit pick all you want but please let it be constructive… Like if I have Ginny's middle name being Rose when it's supposed to be Molly…that sort of thing… I try to be as Canon as possible but in the case of H&BX2 that story is VERY AU…

I put my story thru a grammar and spell check… so if something comes up wrong… it's not always my fault… Please be constructive in your critique… not destructive… it's not worth it to you or me… and if you just say my story sucks… tell me why and have a good reason! - This last little tirade was thanks in part to a review I had that nitpicked about the fact that I had 3 misspelled words in my last chapter… OH MY SHOOT ME NOW!!!! There is more to life then misspelling cummerbund

I hope you enjoy… please remember what you have to do so that you are able to receive chapter updates!

Peace,

As Always,

(`'.¸(`'o..¤..o'´)¸.'´)

´¨`o.* Muirnin *.o´¨`

(¸.'´(¸.o'´¤`'o.¸)`'.)

"An imaginative mind is a terrible thing to waste..."

@}>---'---,---

See Chapter 1 for details of the Challenge…

It Happened One Night

An H/Hr Wedding Challenge!

Chapter Three Just When You Think Things Couldn't Get Worse

A loud bellow came from the fireplace in the living room… the voice was unmistakably Molly Weasley's.

"HARRY JAMES POTTER Get your butt in this room right now!!!!" Molly's voice resounded thru the walls. "You too MRS POTTER!" she shouted emphasizing MRS.

Harry and Hermione looked at each other and cringed… this was going to be a long day.

Instinctively, Hermione reached out and took Harry's hand - the same as she had done so many times over the course of their friendship… However, this time it seemed a bit surreal that she was holding the hand of her husband.

Harry took hold of Hermione's outstretched hand in both of his and unconsciously brought her hand up to his lips and kissed her hand… "It's going to be alright, you trust me right?"

Hermione looked at him and cocked an eyebrow at him, "You meant that to be rhetorical - right? Of course I trust you… I better be able to trust you… seeing as we are married now…" she added with a slight chuckle.

"I have no idea what to say to her…" Harry said with the first hint of fear in his voice that Hermione had heard in what seemed forever.

"Well, I guess it's time to face the wrath of Molly Weasley… Let's just make sure she knows about the twins prank on us…"

"They will kill us for telling…"

"Serves them right. Now don't get this wrong Harry, it's not that I don't want to be married to you… but when it comes to the wedding and everything else… marriage is something that I thought I would at least remember and enjoy…" Hermione said with a blush to her cheeks.

"I understand completely. Now let's go talk to Molly…" Harry said as they went to go into the living room, hesitantly peeking around the doorway then seeing Molly now present in their living room pacing back and forth, the newlyweds entered carefully - filled with as much fear as they had ever had in their lives.

Facing Grawp now was a walk in the park compared to the WRATH OF MOLLY WEASLEY

The silence hanging in the air was so palpable…

Both Harry and Hermione looked at the woman they considered to be a second mother to both of them… neither had seen her look so angry - not at the Twins, Mundungus Fletcher… not even Sirius.

"EXPLAIN YOURSELVES!" Molly bellowed.

Harry gulped and then said "What's there to explain… Both Hermione and I have no cognitive memory of what happened last night. What we know about the wedding is what is in the Daily Prophet."

"What do you mean… no memory… That's your defense??? NO MEMORY??? How in the name of Merlin can you have NO MEMORY TO GETTING MARRIED!!!! It's one thing to elope without telling your family, given your fame I can understand that… but to claim no memory of it??? AND THE PRESS… THE PRESS KNEW BEFORE YOUR FAMILY DID!!!!!!!! And not even a paper that is within the family… but the bloody Daily effing Prophet!!! How could you let that rag get a scoop like this and over Luna's paper as well!" Molly was still furious with the Daily Prophet after the horrible way they treated Harry after his 4th year. Turning she levelled a finger at Hermione… "Have you even called your parents yet young lady??? Have you told Remus??? HOW COULD YOU LET RITA SKEETER KNOW BEFORE ME!!!! YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST told Luna!!!! Or Ginny! Merlin knows children we have plenty of people in this family that you could have confided in FIRST!!!! By all that we hold dear… HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO YOUR FAMILY!!!!!" She just kept on going… not relenting, her voice getting hoarser as she went. Molly had indeed gotten what the twins had called a head of steam going as she was yelling at Harry and Hermione… the latter of whom was silently crying.

The newlyweds had sat down on the loveseat in the living room, where Harry was holding a protective arm around Hermione's shoulders trying to calm her down. Molly was making her feel more ashamed then anything else, Harry was trying to not snap at the woman who had been a mother to him over the last decade… and he held his tongue to just let Molly get it out of her system…

"It's going to be alright Mione… let her get it off her chest… calm down please…" he whispered to her. He gently rocked her back and forth in his arms comforting her while the verbal lambasting continued…

Ron and Luna, hearing the ranting going on, came back into the room with a tray laden with tea and cakes. "Mum, why don't you sit down… calm down, have some tea and let them tell you what they do remember from last night."

Taking deep breaths Molly went over and sat down in the large overstuffed chair in the corner of the living room. Luna handed her a hot cup of tea and said a quick calming spell on Molly, in an attempt to relieve some of the tension that filled the air.

"Thank you Luna…" Molly said calmly. "Now children, why don't you tell me what happened last night?"

As Harry related to Molly everything he remembered, Hermione watched her face… it remained passive and calm but her eyes showed signs of irritation at the trick the twins had played.

"Hermione and I had gone to the Three Broomsticks for an early dinner and to well.. ummm get heavily intoxicated to forget about the horrible week we had both just dealt with... Ron and Luna had gone somewhere so it was only Hermione and I to commiserate with... Anyway, I vaguely recall seeing Fred and George come in… they came over and talked to us for a few minutes… joking about something they had just created… they bought us more drinks… and then that's it until I woke up this morning... Ron floo'ed Fred and George this morning... and they told us that they just figured we needed to relax..." Harry glanced over at Hermione and decided not to add the other part of what they had said... "They told us that seeing as we were already drunker then they had ever seen us they thought they would help us out a bit to relax... so they sort of just slipped each of us one of their newest items from the store… something called Weasley's Erised Inhibitors… Supposedly, what it does is to cause the consumer's inhibitions to decrease to a point and then allows them to follow their hearts desire and possibly to be fulfilled. When we woke up this morning we had no idea what had happened last night… We had planned to head over to Arthur's office this morning…"

"I just can't understand why Fred and George would mess with our lives like this…" Hermione said quietly.

"Trust me Children… Fred and George will remember NOT to mess with anyone else's lives again after I am done with them…" Molly said sweetly. It was very eerie how sweet she could be, however, she was in the eye of a hurricane ready to go off again as soon as she found land mass. "Ronnie, would you be a dear and fetch your twin brothers for me… I would like to see them here… RIGHT NOW…" Molly's voice still sounded sweet and serene except for the end. Her land mass would arrive shortly… in the form of Fred and George Weasley.

"Mum, do you need another calming charm?" Luna asked.

"No Luna dear, thank you anyway… It's not Harry and Hermione's fault about last night… however, I do want to find out more about this inhibitor that the twins fed our newlyweds here… Sometimes I don't trust the twins gizmo's… and something seems a bit strange that Harry and Hermione would have no idea how they ended up married and with THAT much detail and planning going into a wedding in such short length of time…"

"You mean you really aren't mad at us anymore Mrs. Weasley?" Hermione said tentatively, still disbelieving…

"Oh mercy no… now that I know it was the Twins doing… and please dear… both you and Harry are family… you know you can call me Mum…" she said giving Hermione a hug. "I think that Harry's right, you should go over and speak with Arthur right away… if that's your wish that is…" She gave Hermione a knowing smile.

Both Harry and Hermione looked at each other hesitantly… but then decided that they did need to speak with Arthur.

Harry however knew that this would be a futile attempt given the fact that after trying to remove his own ring, he remembered… These were Wizarding Wedding rings… if the rings won't come off… you can never get divorced. Not only your body and minds but your souls are married…

Forever…

They waited until after the Twins arrived; Harry knew that Hermione secretly wanted to vivisect them for this particular prank. Somewhere deep inside it seemed that the Twins were hiding something else but then, between Hermione and Molly, Fred and George didn't know what hit them and Harry did not even think about whatelse they could be hiding... They had been yelled at, threatened and promised severe hexing's, leaving the young men very pale with eyes wide open. Suddenly, George leaned over and whispered something into his mother's ear and she got very silent… not always a good sign…

When Molly went silent it meant one of two things… her reason for being angry had been taken away or she was now madder then she had voice to be…

Molly, Fred and George left quickly after that… to continue this at the Burrow… depriving Hermione of even more vocalness… Nevertheless, the look of fear upon Fred and George's faces was something that neither Harry and Hermione would forget.

One of the things that Harry had found out however, about what they had taken, was that it had a strange after affect as well… it seemed that for 12 hours following ingestion of the inhibitor, the subjects were under a charm that allowed the partaker's heart to lead them and allow them to do whatever it was that they were afraid to do… it also was intensified by the use of alcohol, however during the 12 hour period the partaker would be sober and have full use of their faculties… meaning that for the period between the time they had ingested the Weasley's Erised Inhibitors and the 12 hours following both Harry and Hermione were completely sober and capable of all cognative, rational and spontaneous thinking.

However, the down side of the inhibitors was that after the 12 hours were over, they would have no memory of what transpired…

Hard as it was to believe, there was now undeniable proof that what the twins had done and other then slip them the inhibitors - The truth was now out…

Harry and Hermione had harbored intense feelings and had both secretly wanted to marry the other…