Unofficial Portkey Archive

It Happened One Night! by Muirnin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

It Happened One Night!

Muirnin

Disclaimer:

I do not now, nor at any time own any of the Harry Potter characters. Whether this is an Original Plot or in answer to a Portkey Challenge ALL is based on characters brilliantly created by J K Rowling with possible additional characters created by Muirnin Cocan.

In no way is any money being made, nor copyright or trademark infringement intended. I own nothing… Not even my car.

J K Rowling owns all rights as well as various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, with additional motion picture rights belonging to Warner Bros., Inc. For a complete list of all the various publishers around the world, go to http://www.jkrowling.com/. Now I realize that Jo's new web site is much changed and can be a bit confusing, but if you go into it and look under links you will find a book on the shelf that is called Publishers… in that book you will find the complete list.

Some parts may be of an adult nature that may not be suitable for all readers.

Reader discretion is strongly advised.

It Happened One Night

An H/Hr Wedding Challenge!

Chapter Eight

Aftermath

"I do believe I have been a bad influence on you…" Harry chuckled. "You are becoming incorrigible."

"Well why don't you influence me some more… perhaps I can redeem my value." Hermione said with a wink.

"With pleasure…" Harry said as he closed the door behind them.

The conjugation of two matched souls reached a climactic height that neither had approached before. They held on to one and other letting the roller coaster of their combined years of hidden passion and unrequited love sweep over them. Tears fell from their eyes from the joy they both shared.

Harry gently brushed the tears that littered Hermione's deep brown eyes, an action that she repeated with him causing them both to chuckle. A sudden swell of something magical seemed to surround them - as if a breeze caressed their skin, laying gentle kisses upon the flesh…

"How did you do that?" Hermione asked closing her eyes relishing in the sensation.

"I was going to ask you that exact question… I thought you had done something… well more then you have already that is…" Harry said slowly tracing her arm with his fingers.

In between gentle kisses, the newlyweds began to discuss their future as husband and wife.

"You know something that Rita wrote in her article… wondering if we were rushing because we were hiding something… made think about how my parents are going to take our getting married so quickly." Hermione had turned over onto her back and looked up into Harry's deep emerald green eyes.

Propped upon his arm, Harry gazed down on his bride. "I think… your parents will be glad we finally got married." Chuckling he reminded her, "Your father was so shocked when we all moved in together… He actually told me that I better make an honest woman of you one of these days."

"He did not… Did he? Oh my God… Harry why didn't you ever tell me about that?" Hermione blushed.

"I figured that it was just Daniel's sense of humor coming out… He is always teasing me." Harry said with a grin. "Personally, I think he always knew I was in love with you… mainly because he had actually asked me if I loved you…"

The look of pure shock upon Hermione's face was rewarded with a deep passionate kiss. "Now what were we talking about?" Harry asked seeing her eyes lose the furor that had been their only moments before.

"Um, when?"

"When what?" He teased.

"You know what… I mean when… you prat… when did he ask you?" she responded with a playful smack on the arm.

"Oh yeah…" he grinned, "Remember when we all went over to your home for Christmas during our 7th year…" she nodded as he continued, "Your father and I went for a walk while you, Ginny, Molly, Luna and your mum were making dinner in the kitchen. I think Ron was busy with his dad watching television or something… Anyway, as we were walking Daniel told me that from the moment you had come home after our 1st year you always talked about me… I had told him that was because we were best friends."

"Well it's true…"

"I know that… however, your dad was certain that there was more then that… He about floored me when he asked me just out of the blue if I loved you."

"What did you say?"

"The truth… I told him that I loved you because you were the best friend I had ever had… I then told him to not mention that to Ron… cause he was my best mate… but had not always been there for me like you had been…"

"Oh Harry that is so sweet… So what did dad say after that?"

"He laughed… He told me that one of these days I would have my eyes opened and make an honest woman of you… then he added that I would never have to ask for his blessing because he already knew that you and I were meant to be married… I could not believe that he had said something like that… I mean, yeah I harbored feelings for you… but there was no way I was going to act upon it with Voldemort out there… We sort of laughed it off… but it got me thinking about when I would someday get married… and I knew you were the only one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with…That's when I started planning… sort of giving me a positive outlook for the future…"

"I know that you got really quiet there during our final year at Hogwarts… I figured if you wanted to talk about it you would seek me out…"

"Well, after I had planned our wedding… I also contacted a solicitor and had my will made up… I figured if I didn't make it through the fight with Voldemort then I was going to make sure that you were going to be taken care of… I had left everything to you…"

Hearing Harry talk about his will caused a fear to hit Hermione so suddenly that tears sprang to life from her eyes.

"Hey… I didn't mean to make you cry honey…"

"I just can't believe that you had gone to so much trouble for me." She sniffled.

"Why not… Back then I had to be realistic… I couldn't guarantee that I would have survived… I love you Hermione… it's that love that helped save my life against Tom… When he tried to engulf me… to kill me… I focused my mind… my heart on you and your beautiful face… You have been my focal point from my Patronus to my final fight with Voldemort." Harry traced Hermione's features as he continued, "Tom felt the love I cherished for you and he could not handle that… You became the power that he knew not… My love for you… it's pretty powerful… I guess you can say that I loved you enough to vanquish the Dark Lord." Leaning down he gently kissed her lips again.

"You never told me before how you were able to get rid of Voldemort…" Hermione whispered again kissing him again. "I think we have a problem Mr. Potter…"

"And what problem is that… Mrs. Potter?" he asked gently kissing her again.

"I don't think I can ever get enough of your kisses… How are we ever going to get anything done?"

"Oh? What do we need to get done? I have two weeks off of work thanks to Albus…"

"We need to" kiss, "tell my parents" kiss, "about our marriage…" kiss "And…" kiss, "We um… Oh that tickles" Harry had begun to suckle on her earlobe as she had been talking, "the pensieve…"

"Did you know you have the most delectable ears? I never realized that before." He was teasing her earlobe again. "So you were saying?"

"If you keep that up… I may have to find something else to tease you with…" she said cocking her eyebrows.

"Oh really…" He got a very devilish look upon his face, but the ringing of the telephone broke the moment. "Somebody has horrible timing…"

Reaching over with a free hand, Hermione picked up the receiver. "Mum! Oh what a surprise…" her eyes widened as Harry tried to distract her from talking to her mother. Suddenly, her face paled a moment and then said "Um, Mum let me put you on speaker phone…" Switching over to speaker phone she added, "Ok, now Harry can hear you too…"

"Hi Em, what's up?"

"I was going to ask you that question myself… it seems that a certain snowy white owl had a delivery for us this afternoon…"

"I didn't send Hedwig with anything to you… I don't understand why she would have gone to you."

"Well it was a very interesting delivery for us… You can't imagine how surprised your father and I were to see that you had made the front page of the Daily Prophet?"

"Um, Mum… we were going to call you later to let you know."

"Honest Emma, it is a long story, but we were going to…"

"I'm sure you were Harry… I just can't believe that you both got married without telling any of us…" There was a soft sniffling in the background causing Hermione to cringe just a touch.

"Oh mum, please don't cry…"

"I can't help it… my baby girl got married… You looked so beautiful… I just wish that Dad and I could have been there with you."

"What was dad's reaction?" she asked with more then a sense of fear.

"Well after he stopped growling about not being there, he started laughing and said he knew it… He wanted me to let you both call us to explain, but I wouldn't hear of it… I had to find out why my baby girl got married so fast that she couldn't even pick up a phone and let her mum and dad know she was marrying the man of her dreams."

"The only thing I can say in our defense is that we had got drunk last night, then the next thing we knew we were on the front page of the Daily Prophet and had a lot of questions about how we ended up married…" Hermione said reluctantly.

"Hermione Jane… what have I told you…" scolded Emma over the telephone connection - Hermione cringed again tears beginning to fill her dark eyes.

"Emma, there is more to what happened then that…I promise you as soon as we know everything we will let you know, but both you and Dan know how much we love each other… and for better or worse, I am not sorry that Hermione is now my wife."

"You better have a good explanations… and we want you both over for dinner tomorrow night… no excuses."

"We'll be there… See you and Daniel tomorrow night then… say 6ish?"

"Good… Oh and Harry… welcome to the family."

"Thanks Emma, good bye." Harry said as he closed the connection. Turning he looked at his wife who was visibly upset by the phone call from her mother. Wrapping his arms around her he rocked her gently, "Come on honey… it's going to be all right. What say we get dressed and find out what that memory in the pensieve has to do with our getting married?"

Hermione nodded then sniffled again. "I feel like I have disappointed them Harry…"

"You haven't disappointed anyone… especially your mum and dad… Once we have all the answers they will understand, I promise."

The couple climbed out of bed and got dressed then made their way downstairs. Harry picked up his wand and tapped the top of the pensieve where he saw the image of Fleur raise silently out of the pensieve twisting slowly.

"Seer of Light be born to the two ... If ner' the two platonic be joined... their fear will set dimensions in motion... releasing the evil that he who vanquished had destroyed... Seer of Light needs be conceived... to He who lives and She who knows... before the 5th month passes... to they who platonically fear to speak of love they share... else while the Dark Lord will reign again for... If ner' the two platonic be joined... the Seer of Light needs be conceived..."

"That's it? Another prophecy?" Hermione said incredulously.

"That's got to be it… the reason why Fred and George did this… they must have heard the prophecy. But why us?"

"They probably we fit the description in the prophecy…" Hermione said then she suddenly got wide eyed. "Oh Merlin, Harry… do you know what this means?"

"I've got a feeling but why don't you tell me what you think."

"This is May… the 25th to be exact… the 5th month… the Seer of Light needs to be conceived… We didn't use any protection against pregnancy!"

A sudden look of delight fell upon Harry's features and then said, "Do you think? I mean I know it's kind of sudden but could you have already conceived?"

Nervously Hermione said, "I'm not sure… it's possible… there is a charm to find out."

"This quick?" Hermione nodded. "Well… why don't we find out then."

"Are you sure? I mean we've just gotten married; we haven't even talked about children… What kind of mum am I going to be?"

"Hermione… listen to me. You are a wonderful, kind; loving, amazingly smart, talented and generous woman… not to mention the most beautiful and sexy witch that has ever been created… I've been a fool not to marry you sooner then I have… But I can't think of anything better then to start having children with you… they will be brilliant… just like their mum."

Throwing her arms around Harry's neck she hugged him tightly, then taking a staggered breath she picked up her wand and then whispered a silent charm, pointing her wand at her abdomen. A double swirl of pink and blue erupted forth enveloping her in color and then a deep purple glow settled on her belly. Harry looked at her expectantly.

"Well?"

"Daddy it looks like twins…"

Kneeling down in front of Hermione, Harry pulled her close and began kissing her stomach. "I didn't think that anything could make me happier then you becoming my wife… I'm going to be a daddy…" tears sparkled in his emerald green eyes. "I love you Hermione… I'm going to love our babies… Oh my…" he jumped to his feet picking her up and swinging her around. "We're pregnant!!!"

A gasp and a squeal was heard from the front entry way as the newlyweds suddenly stopped and turned to see who had made the noise. Ron and Luna had just come into the house and heard Harry's declaration.

"You're WHAT?"

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

This chapter was surprisingly difficult for me to write, because I was trying desperately wanting to WRITE the wedding night, but couldn't figure out how to do that and still keep it within my PG13 rating… I may end up writing a higher rated version of the wedding night… but that will take some time.

I apologize for the delay in this chapter… I am STILL recovering from the accident… One good piece of news is that I don't have to have back surgery… however, I do have some damage and swelling that is causing some numbness in my left foot, so I am not getting around very well…

After being denied entry into Canada, I allowed my husband to take the kids up to Edmonton for a while so that I could recover… I am missing my brilliant babes - which hasn't helped my desire to write very much… It's going to take some time to get through this… I thank you all for your patience and your continued support of my story.

I hope you enjoy… please remember what you have to do so that you are able to receive chapter updates! To receive the most current updates on this or any of my writing please join me at my YAHOO! Group Real life has a way of really messing about with fan fiction!

Peace,

As Always,

Muirnin

"An imaginative mind is a terrible thing to waste..."

@}>---'---,---

Queen Mother - Royal Family of Cliffies

WELCOME TO MY WORLD!!!! You never know what will come next…