Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and Devil's Lessons by The Dark Aeon
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and Devil's Lessons

The Dark Aeon

Chapter 14th: Pause in a battle

Author's note: This chapter is very short. I thought I just needed a pause as I worked on some pother projects.

I must apologize that this has taken so long. Also, I'm changing the rating back to pg-13, I've read my story a few times, and have come to the conclusion that it really isn't R. the description is limited, meaning that it could be taken just about any way you needed it too.

davaca: actually, I don't take them as biblical interpretations. They are philosophical beliefs on which my ideals of God and such are founded upon. I am not a true Catholic, rather, I believe in the Earth and the power which she has. Its pagan, but isn't. Anyway the point is this, explains why things happens. Granted, it takes it from a biblical aspect, but the title sorta gives that already…. Besides, you have to take risks in writing.

* * * * * *

Harry awake to screams; screams of a young girl being beaten for refusing to fully give in. Crucitus could no produce such screams. They burned his eyes, and straight down to his souls. "I told you, he no longer matters" a fierce voice said, followed by a loud smack! The girl wept, but remained quiet. "Good girl."

He opened eyes and saw the starlight sky. There was a fiery aura around him, glazing everything together. Harry felt the heat, but more so felt the pain of the girl.

He groaned and tried to sit up, but a forceful hand held him down. "Easy boy, take it easy, Roland's already working on it." It was Gaborn, the priest who was there. So where was he? Harry could see to well, which meant his glasses were probably destroyed. But at the sound of the girl screaming, everything came into focus. He sat up quickly, and felt no more pain. He could see clearly for the first time, since when ever, without his glasses. No, it was the identity of the girl that was more concerned. It was Hermione. Harry knew from the bottom of his soul that it was Hermione being hurt, and his anger was unlimited.

"Chill, okay," Roland said; he jumped over a wall or something. It was rubble from the once decorated church. Now either ashes or ruins lied around the place. "I've made a call, help is on it way."

"I don't give a damn-" Roland hushed Harry, who got the point. They were quiet, so should he. Which meant that who ever was out there didn't know they were still there. A bit quieter, but no less intense, "I don't give a damn about help. We need to save Hermione now." The urgency in his voice was compelling.

"Harry," Gaborn started, "I don't think-" but a single pleading and forceful look from Harry shut up the priest quickly. "Fine then, if it can't wait."

"He isn't hurting her much, Harry," Roland said, he looked over a piece of rubble watching the scene. Harry didn't like the way the man said that. "He's just controlling her. Nothing a little magic can't fix." He held out his arm, and in it was Harry's wand. "Take it, for the moment you touch it, your bindings are gone." Harry stared at the wand for a moment before grabbing it greedily. "Time makes the heart grow fonder." Roland turned back to his watch. He was on his haunches, shifting his weight back and forth impatiently.

"What are we waiting for?" Harry asked. He was already running through plans as to figure out how to get Hermione back. He felt the ground leading him, guiding him along his ideas and strategies. He looked over Roland's shoulder to see what was going on, just to plan better.

There he saw his best friend, his girlfriend, on her knees crying. The sight nearly broke his heart. As the fire burned around them and this Demon sat upon a throne, petting Hermione, all Harry could think about was how hurt she looked, how utterly destroyed she was. That sight alone tore Harry's heart to pieces. Not the church burning around, not the deaths of the Grangers, as much as that did hurt him. No, Hermione's pain was his. "I afraid we're going to have company soon, my pet," the Demon said. Hermione didn't reply, she didn't even look up. A chain was fastened around her neck, hooked to a bracelet upon the Demon's neck.

"Now's better than never," Roland popped over the wall, pulling two pistols from his jacket. His glowing red eyes glared at the Demon as he opened fire upon the Forsaken man. A horde of shadow creatures appeared from the ground, consuming the bullets in their fiery deaths.

"These mortals are such fools, aren't they dear?" the Demon asked smirking. Harry jumped over, firing a stunner at one of the creatures that was approaching them. The Demon looked oddly familiar, yet Harry couldn't put a name to the man. The fiery red hair that burned up top his head created a haze around his face. "To think that mere bullets can harm a Fire-weaver like me."

Harry watched as a flame grew in the Demon's hand. The man-beast grinned at Harry before hurled it at the rubble. The heat from the flames melted the rock in an instant. They were gone in a moment, the heat was so intense, and all what was left was barely a wall. The wind that was created nearly blew back the priest. Harry held his ground, and watched Roland have a hard time remain where he was. "Gaborn, revoke it now," Roland said, reloading his pistols.

"I can't just-"

"If you wish to live, then do so. If you wish to save lives, then do so. But don't let some silly notion as God and his piety pride ruin everything for you." Roland stood up and pointed the guns at the Demon. "Now or never, my friend." And opened fire at the creature. Harry turned and faced the priest, who was now mumbling under his breathe.

"My god forgive me," Gaborn said, "This is no longer holy ground." Almost all of the light disappeared from the church. Harry felt cold now that light was gone, despite the heat from the flames. There seemed no reason for anything anymore. Despair took over. It was then, the light returned.

"Hold her, Harry," Roland said, handing Hermione down to the fallen boy. "Hold her tight and never let go." A faint glow came from part of his face. Harry pulled Hermione close, holding her next to his chest. Tears of joy were flowing down her cheeks now that she was safe. Her hands grabbed his shirt, pulling him as close to her body as possible. The collar remained, but the chain was broken. Harry was just happy to have her back.

Someone grunted, and Harry turned away from them, fearing for himself and Hermione. But the gentle hand that was placed upon his shoulder told him that it was Gaborn. "Fear not, my child," he whispered. "God is still with us." The glow that once danced within the church returned, now coming from Gaborn. "Where I rest my feet, God's will is there." Harry could make out the priest's face, but only just. Weariness and emptiness plagued him, yet a smile was still on his face. "But I fear that my friend will not be enough."

"What do you mean," Harry replied. He was rocking Hermione in his arms, soothing her demons and fears.

"You need to help Roland." A primal scream came from the other side of the rubble. Harry looked up and saw that it was Roland, taking a sword in his back. Three fiery demons appeared, and Roland was doing his best to protect them. "As strong as the Shadow is, he is nothing with the remaining Elements." The priest looked down at Harry's hand, and his eyes followed.

Where once was pale skin now laid a tan and rocky surface. Harry felt stronger than he had ever felt before. He felt this power that had grown in side of him, something different, something great, something… "Called Love?" Gaborn asked, smiling. "It is Love for her, that gives you this strength. And that shall never leave you. Now go, help your friend save another. Your Love is safe in my arms." Gaborn pulled Harry up, who still held Hermione close. "Let her trust the Earth, let her true the Mother."

Roland roared in pain, and Harry saw a sword pierce his stomach. He cringed, yet Hermione didn't move. She just squeezed him, trying to hide from the pain. "He's out their sacrificing himself Harry," Gaborn continued. "He's lost so much, Harry. And he won't live, not even considering who he is. He need's help." A head of one of the demons was removed, rolling towards them. "There comes a time Harry, when everyone must take charge of their life, and others when they can not." The priest looked at Hermione, sadness crossing his face. "Roland can not protect her as you can. For he does not love her as you do. And Love is the strongest power we can ever have." From behind his back, he gave Harry a sword. "Allow the Mother to protect you."

Harry slowly released Hermione, though with much effort to remove her from his arms. She did whimper a bit, but when Harry' kissed her forehead, she relented, allowing herself to be moved. Hermione seemed so lost, and Harry couldn't only pray that he was doing the right thing. He took the sword, and smiled at how natural it felt in his hand. Now was the time he took his life in his own hands. And not just his life, but the lives of his friends. Despite what Ron may have become, he was still Harry's friend, nothing would change that. And Hermione, his dear sweet Hermione. He vowed on that very night, with the red lightning and dark skies, that no one will hurt her again. With the last word of his promise, the skies began to cry.


-->