Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and Devil's Lessons by The Dark Aeon
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and Devil's Lessons

The Dark Aeon

Chapter 7: Time has a way of fixing itself

By; The Dark Aeon, Chronos of Naldia

Author's Notes: this is the last completed chapted I have, so the next one could take a while, in a mean time enjoy and review.

Godsowndevil: yes I will. The next few in fact. Maybe even this one…

davaca: what are you confused about? Can you explain it to me so I can fix it?

This chapter can be confusing, that is part of it. Just understand the last line and you can get the idea of it.

* * * * * *

"Dear god," Mrs. Granger voice echoed through the house. It was the first thing that Harry heard when he woke up. Hermione's scream came next, followed by the voices of people that he didn't quite recognize yet. But he did hear on that was familiar-Ron. Was it eight already? Harry must have sleep well, then. He didn't remember any of his dreams for the first time in months.

He grabbed his glasses and got up quickly. A man yelled from downstairs, "Just get him over to the kitchen, I don't want the blood ruining the nice carpet you've got." Moving even quicker, Harry grabbed an old t-shirt from Dudley and placed it. He hurried out of the guest room and down the stairs. Everyone was crowded in the kitchen.

"What happened?" Harry asked. He looked over at Hermione standing in Ron's arms and felt as if the whole world was wrong.

Hermione looked up, and was about to answer, but she just started to sob again. It was Ron who started to talk. "He came in a few minutes after Professor Dumbledore and Doctor Strange arrived with me. God, Harry, I've never seen a man with so much blood on him." Mr. Granger came running in with a large box. When he placed it down, he pulled out bandages and tape.

"Get off of me," the man on the table yelled. The man whom Harry assumed was Doctor Strange was thrown away and crashed into the fridge, making a dent in it. The man wore a long red cape and blue and yellow outfit that was perfect only on Halloween. He had graying hair and an aged appearance, but like Dumbledore, had a twinkle in his blue eyes.

But what Harry saw would give him nightmares for the rest of his left. Two large crow wings where folded underneath the body, a body that was twitching, trying to get away. A large piece of metal was sticking out of its stomach, and blood was pouring out of the wound. The man screamed; his voice was as deep as hell and just as dark. His skin was almost pitch-black with red markings all over his body. Two ram horns came from the middle of his forehead. It was as if the Devil himself was on the table.

"Roland," Professor Dumbledore said, "please relax."

"How can I fucking relax with a blessed blade sticking out of my stomach," he replied and screamed again. The scream was loud and Harry had to cover his ears. He looked over at Hermione, who was kneeling in front of Ron, covering her ears too. Ron was leaning against the wall. The screaming died down. "Doc, can't you pull it out?" Harry watched as Roland reached for it and quickly moved his hand away. Smoke was coming from it.

"Roland," Doctor Strange stood up and walked back over, "You need to change out of that form. We can't-"

"I can't, all right!" Roland shouted. He groaned and made another grab for the piece of metal in his stomach. Holding on to it longer this time, he grunted as he pulled away. "That damn fu-"

"Roland Demoas!" Mrs. Granger yelled. "You may be injured but you will still keep a clean mouth."

"Fine," Roland said and grabbed the metal, pulling it out quickly. In a swift motion, he threw it out the window; the shattered glass came inward instead out to the grass. Harry watched as Roland's horns slowly dissolved back into his head, his wings shrink, and his skin lighten back to its normal tan. Without a word being spoken, Doctor Strange walked over and held his hands over Roland's stomach. They glowed a bright blue as the doctor spoke.

"By the Moons of the fifth planet, by the rays of the golden sun," Doctor Strange said, "By the auras of the nine heavens, I call upon your powers to heal your worthy servant." It was impossible, magic was being cast in a house where it was supposed to be impossible. But Harry watched as Roland's wound glowed a bright blue and slowly fixed itself. He was still covered in blood and was a bit pale, but he almost looked normal. His black eyes stared upward for a moment before blinking.

"But what do we do about them?" Roland asked, sitting up on the table. He held his stomach. "They are going to ask questions, and I-"

"All will be taken care of Roland," Professor Dumbledore said.

"What are you going to do?" Ron asked. Hermione was still staring at her cousin.

"Nothing a little time won't fix," the Headmaster said as he looked at Roland. He sighed.

"The spell is dangerous and I-" Roland started.

"Not that one," Strange said. "A simple memory spell."

"But an extended range?" Roland asked. He was confused about the simplicity of it. Doctor Strange nodded. It seemed the three men were talking amongst themselves then.

"Excuse me?" Hermione said, finally recovering from what she had just seen. She wanted to get involved. Harry leaned back against the wall, and watched in silence. He doubted that there was much that any of them could do against Professor Dumbledore, this Doctor Strange and Roland.

"Look, Roland, the incantation is simple," Dumbledore was saying to him. Harry couldn't help but smile. The memory charm was a simple one, but Roland was having a hard time with it. And from what he had seen Roland do, it was odd for a powerful wizard to have a difficult time with an incantation. "All you need to do is-"

"Wait, go back," Roland said, "What are the words again?" he had a confused look on his face as the two older men talked to him.

"Excuse me?" Hermione repeated. Again no one was paying attention to her. Mr. And Mrs. Granger had left, but Harry didn't really know why. "Excuse me!" Hermione practically yelled this time. "What the bloody hell you are three talking about? How dare you-" Doctor Strange waved a hand and Hermione's mouth closed rather quickly.

"Quiet," Doctor Strange said in a calm tone, but his eyes showed anger. "You aren't ready for what you have seen today." The man turned back to Roland. "Do you understand what you are going to do?"

"As long as you can create a cover story," Roland said, "I can erase this moment from their minds."

Now Harry was interested. "Wait," he said, "why do you need to erase it?"

"Because they aren't ready for it," Doctor Strange replied, shooting a glance at Hermione and Ron. "Especially her." He paused. "There is much that you need to be told, now is not the time nor is that time approaching. But now, we must erase this moment from your mind." Strange turned to Roland. "Ready?"

"As much as I'll ever be." Roland stood up, still holding his stomach. He crouched down and closed his eyes.

"You can't do this," Ron started to shout, "you have no right."

"No, my child," Dumbledore said. "This is perfectly within his rights as a Hunter." Ron started to speak again, but Dumbledore raised a hand and a blue light slowly moved from it. When it hit Ron, he froze in place, his skin then a shade of blue.

Hermione tried to scream but with her mouth still closed tight, there wasn't much she could do. Instead, for the first time in his life, Harry watched Hermione do something irrational. She ran over to Dumbledore and started to hit him on the chest. No one really moved save Hermione who continued to hit Dumbledore.

Strange walked over to her and spoke softly. "By the Gems of the End, sleep child, and feel no more." Waving a hand, Hermione eye's closed and she feel asleep, collapsing in Dumbledore's arm.

"Harry," Dumbledore asked.

"Oh, right," Harry replied and ran over to help Dumbledore with Hermione.

"Just place her against the wall, Harry," Dumbledore said, pointing to the wall. "Then we can continue on with the ceremony." Harry looked over at Roland who had shifted now. His weight was over on his right leg and he was closer to the ground.

Harry picked Hermione up and felt how light she was. He would have never guessed that she was this light. It was as if she weighed nothing. He smiled at the pretty girl in his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled herself closer to him. Just as gently as he picked her up, Harry placed her against the wall, but she didn't want to let go. "Hermione," Harry pleaded. "Let go." But it was pointless to ask the sleeping girl to release her friend.

"Release the child, my dear," Strange said, as he began to fix the window. A frown appeared on her face, but she did as she was told. Harry looked over at Roland, who had shifted again. This time his weight was on his other leg. "You should help your other friend sit down, too. That way…" Strange trailed off as he looked at Roland. This time, he was balanced evenly and pushed forward with his hands, exhaling the entire time. A wand appeared in Roland's hand and he said the incantation. Opening his hollow eyes slowly, Roland looked around.

"It didn't work," he said in disappointment.

"Why wouldn't it?" Dumbledore asked. "I thought that this seal was tuned into your powers."

"It is," Strange replied, "I'll tell you later. Roland, I want you-" No other words were spoken for a bright light formed around Roland and practically threw everyone back. Strange was the first one up on his feet and tried to steady upright. "No you fool. You're not strong enough."

"I don't care," Roland said. Harry watched, as the light grew even brighter. Roland turned and faced them, and Harry noticed that his eyes were now white, as was his mouth. "This is the only way."

"No!" Strange yelled. "You'll die!"

"Time has a way of fixing itself, Doc," Roland said. And that was the last thing that Harry heard as the white light covered him and the entire room.

-->