Unofficial Portkey Archive

Funny Feelings by Green_Eye_Sparkle16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Funny Feelings

Green_Eye_Sparkle16

Disclaimer: The sole, creative, amazingly imaginative owner of all things Harry Potter is JK Rowling....

A/N: ...I could only wish to be so talented!

Summary: Just a sweet, funny fic I've begun to write...Harry and Hermione are in a silly situation. Harry begins to see Hermione differently...but he's confused. Should he be thinking things like this? About Hermione? Please read and review!

Silly Thoughts

February had somehow sneaked up on everyone. It was a beautiful day at Hogwarts. The snow was falling outside, covering the grounds in blankets of soft powder and the lake was glistening with ice. Hogwarts was beautiful. What's more, Valentines Day was just around the corner. Everyone seemed to be in high spirits. All except Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley that is. Supprisingly it hadn't had anything to do with Voldemort trying to kill Harry, or the recent death of Harry's godfather Sirius. It had nothing to do whatsoever with Harry being "The Boy Who Lived". It was simply `stuff'.

It all began with Draco Malfoy...the 2nd root of Harry Potter's problems next to Voldemort. Harry and Hermione had just left the Great Hall and bid Ron goodnight. He seemed to have eaten a bad piece of chicken and was off to see Madame Pompfrey for a remedy. As Harry and Hermione began to walk to Gryffindor Tower, Malfoy and his usual group of Slytherin idiots (Crabbe, Goyle and the pug faced Pansy Parkinson) had been whispering spells under their breath turning Harry's hair different colors. First, a bright Slytherin green, followed by fiery red, a static purple and then, a whole rainbow of colors appeared in Harry's hair. As Hermione looked up, waiting for an answer after asking Harry if he had finished his Transfiguration homework, she noticed his brightly colored hair.

"Harry!" she shrieked. "What's up with your hair?"

"What?" Harry asked looking confused, then looked up to see an array of colors covering his hair.

The Slytherin's burst into laughter.

Harry and Hermione whipped around and saw Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle laughing on the floor. Malfoy raised his wand and turned it bright green again and laughed even harder. Harry was reaching for his wand when Pansy Parkinson raised her wand at Hermione. After a bright flash from Pansy's wand, Harry saw that Hermione's hair was now standing straight up and was now bubble gum pink. He thought looked much like Tonk's past hair color. Hermione looked up then glared at Pansy. Pansy began laughing and ended with an extremely loud snort. And to Harry's suprise, Hermione, still wearing the pink hair Pansy had given her, burst out in her own fit of laughter.

"Harry-did-you-hear-her-snort?" Hermione managed between laughs. Now she was laughing even harder at Pansy, who looked embarassed to have snorted in front of Malfoy, who was trying with all his might to supress the laughter towards Pansy's loud snort.

"Yeah." Harry said beginning to laugh with Hermione.

Just then, Malfoy stopped dead in the middle his failed attempt of not laughing, got up off of the floor and pointed his wand at Hermione and began to yell. "Don't laugh at her! You filthy mudblood!"

He was just about to jinx Hermione, but Harry was too quick for him. Pulling out his own wand, he jinxed Malfoy to the end of the corridor. When Malfoy stood up he looked down at his legs and realized Harry had transfigured them into giant webbed feet. Many students who were standing by broke out in a roar of laughter.

Luna Lovegood, who also happened to be standing on the sidelines began to laugh hysterically. "Look! He's a duck!" she cried.

Harry and Hermione could hear Pansy screaming followed by Malfoy's voice. "You'll pay for this Potter! You and that stupid mudblood!"

Harry and Hermione began laughing wildly. Harry looked sideways at Hermione. "Yes Hermione, I did do my Transfiguration homework." Harry said grinning at her. "Quick! Let's go before Crabbe and Goyle go get Snape!" Hermione nodded and they both ran around the corner and into an empty classroom laughing hysterically.

"Harry, that was hilarious!" Hermione squealed. "But, oh no! Harry, it was wrong. You know we're not supposed to do magic in the corridors."

Harry frowned. "I know. I'll probably get the full blame. Snape won't punish his precious Malfoy." He said with a slightly gloomy tone. Just then his frown faded and turned into a cheeky grin. "But that was so worth it Hermione!"

Hermione laughed. "Yeah I suppose it was. Seeing Pansy all embarrassed and Malfoy with those feet!" They continued laughing until their sides were sore. "And on the plus side," Hermione said giggling and tugging on a few strands of Harry's green hair. "This shade of green really brings out your eyes!"

"Ha ha." Harry said sarcastically. He pointed at her hair and started laughing. "You know, that pink doesn't look so bad on you either. You look like a stick of cotton candy"

"Oh, shut up Harry!" Hermione scoffed and playfully hit him on the head.

"Oww! What was that for?"

"For making fun of me." Hermione laughed.

"I'm sorry Hermione. I didn't mean that. You look more like wad of bubble gum!" said Harry, laughing at Hermione's hair.

"Cut it out Harry! Or I'll jinx you!" Hermione said through giggles.

"Alright, I'll stop. You look kind of cute actually."

Hermione blushed so hard, her face nearly matched her hair. "Um, thanks." Hermione said avoiding eye contact with Harry. He hadn't seem to notice this.

It was true. Harry did think Hermione looked rather cute with her pouty pink hair. It really made her lips look pouty as well. Hermione was really beautiful.

"I think I'm just going to get rid of it though. I don't really like pink. I'm...well more of a blue person."

He could hear her talking to him, but he seemed to be tied up in a daydream.

"Beautiful." he whispered into the air.

"What?" asked Hermione, turning around towards Harry.

"What?" he replied rather dimly.

"I thought you said something."

"Oh no. Nothing." he stammered, realizing what he had just said. "You're right. Pink isn't your color." She gave him a toothy grin and turned around, satisfied with his reply and went on restoring her hair to it's rightful form and color.

Now that Harry thought about it, Hermione did look wonderful in blue. He recalled her periwinkle robes at the Yule ball 2 years ago. She was absolutely breathtaking.

Whoa!! Where did all of that come from? Harry thought to himself. He hit himself on the head feeling extremely stupid. I'm going crazy. I can't...it's Hermione. No...no I don't-

"Harry!" he heard Hermione say, waving her hand in front of his face. "Are you alright?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah I'm fine. I just have a headache that's all. Probably all that laughing."

"Probably." Hermione agreed. "Do you want me to fix your hair now?"

Harry looked up at Hermione and realized that her hair was back to normal.

"Sure. Thanks."

Harry sat down in an empty desk as Hermione stood in front of him and began to fix his hair. After a few minutes, Harry's green hair was restored to it's dark, unruly state.

"There you go. Now you're back to normal." said Hermione, brushing her hands through his hair. Harry felt his stomach squirm at Hermione's touch.

Harry looked up at her. "You're so smart." he said.

"Thanks." she replied with yet another mad blush. This time Harry noticed. Her cheeks were burning red. She looked so cute.

Stop thinking that! He scolded himself in his head.

Just then the doors flew open and a flood of students came walking in for the Charms Club meeting. Harry and Hermione glanced over and back at eachother.

"We'd better go." whispered Hermione.

"Yeah." Harry said. He stood up and walked out of the classroom with Hermione.

They walked again towards their original destination. They finally arrived at the Gryffindor common room when suddenly, they came across Peeves, who was carrying a large bowl of water. They both noticed this and tried to avoid Peeves. But Peeves took their refusal of acknowledging him as an insult and poured the entire bowl of water right over their heads.

"PEEVES!" they both yelled. But Peeves ignored them and rushed down the corridor laughing; leaving Harry and Hermione dripping wet.

Harry turned towards Hermione. She was thoroughly soaked. Her bushy hair was now lying straight dripping with water and she was shivering from head to toe. Even when she's a mess, she looks pretty. Harry blinked and tried to register to himself what he had just thought. Then Hermione exploaded with fury.

"I - HATE - HIM!" Hermione exclaimed. "And I'm freezing!"

"We'd better go in and get dry." Harry said. They both turned towards the painting of the Fat Lady.

"Water Goblet", they said together with the upmost tone of sarcasm and irony.

As they pushed open the portrait door and walked in, they found the common room empty. "Oh, at last. Peace and quiet." Hermione said.

Harry turned to Hermione and smiled. "This just wasn't our day, was it?" he said.

Hermione turned to him and relieved the frown she was wearing and turned it into a big smile. "No, it wasn't." she said, chuckling and looking down. Then she looked back up at Harry. "But, there were some good parts."

"Yeah." Harry said, smiling back.

"Well, I think I'm going to go to bed early. Goodnight Harry."

"Night, Hermione."

He watched her walk across the room and up the spiral staircase leading to the girls' dormitory. He watched her until she disappeared around the corner. He felt his stomach squirm again. What is wrong with me? He thought. I just need to get some sleep. Clear my head. And with that final concluding thought, he left the common room and went up to his room. Maybe it was just today. Maybe these thoughts about Hermione would go away after a good night's rest. But did he really want them to?

A/N: So, what did you think? Alright, I know the bit about them teasing each other is kind of corny huh? But I promise you it will get loads better! I'll have the next chapter up soon! Thanks for reading! Please review!

-->