Unofficial Portkey Archive

Funny Feelings by Green_Eye_Sparkle16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Funny Feelings

Green_Eye_Sparkle16

A/N: That last chapter was horrible of me...wasn't it? Sorry, but you know where the story's going....Harry and Hermione will end up together...it's the rules here on Portkey isn't it? This chapter took me a little longer to write...you'll notice it wasn't posted right away like the previous ones, that's because this one has so many twists in it, it's enough to make your head explode! Well, anyway, I really hope you all like it!

Misunderstandings

Luna was brighter than many gave her credit for. She had a certain way about her that made her seem, well, weird. But the truth was, she was actually quite bright. Why else would she be in Ravenclaw? She had suspected that Harry liked Hermione for some time now. He may not have known himself, but Luna sure did. As she leaned up against the wall, musing over at the table where Harry, Ron and Hermione sat, smiled at the brilliant idea that was now forming in her head.

After Hermione rejoined Harry and Ron at the table, the three of them sat in an uncomfortable silence that they had never once experienced before. When Harry thought he was just about to go mad, out of nowhere, Luna approached them and asked to sit down.

"Sure." Harry said gratefully. Luna was sure to relieve tension. Maybe she would talk about some new bizarre story the Quibbler had just published. Yes, that was sure to break the ice.

"So, have either of you got a date for Valentines Day yet?" Luna asked slowly in her dreamy tone.

NO! NO LUNA! THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT! Harry thought he was going to have to leave the table again.

"Harry's going out with Parvati Patil." Ron told her. "And...Hermione and I are..." Harry turned to Luna and finished Ron's sentence.

"They're going on a date together." He looked at her trying to seem happy about the whole thing.

This came as a genuine shock to Luna. This wasn't right. It was supposed to be Harry and Hermione. And Ronald...well, would be hers. Ronald, in her mind was the most wonderful person she had ever met. He was funny and sweet, yes a little weird at times, but she liked that in a guy. He was brave and courageous, in his own unique way of course. After all he was in Griffyndor. And, she was so sure Harry and Hermione were in love with each other. She couldn't be wrong. Would her idea still work? No, she had best just let it alone.

"Oh." she said in an uninterested tone. Then, returning to her dreamy voice, congratulated them with false delight. Hermione noticed the slight expression of horror that had crept up on Luna's face. Ron and Harry hadn't noticed anything. Luna's likes Ron...well duh! Hermione, you knew that already. She thought to herself. Luna suddenly stood up, looking rather like she wanted to cry.

"Luna -", Hermione began.

"Well, I'll see you later" Luna said, pretending she hadn't heard Hermione say anything, and floated out the door of The Three Broomsticks.

"Bye Luna!" Harry, Ron and Hermione called after her.

Returning to their butterbeers, the three of them sat in, yet again, another awkward silence. Harry couldn't stop thinking about Hermione...about Hermione and Ron. Ron couldn't stop thinking about Hermione. Hermione couldn't stop thinking about Harry and Parvati. And poor Luna. Hermione said to herself, for practically destroying Luna's hopes of being with Ron. They soon finished their drinks and decided to just go for a walk around the village. It was chilly outside and was beginning to snow. About 3 minutes into there walk, Harry looked over at Hermione and noticed her shivering. Her face was now pink with cold and her lips were trembling.

"Cold Hermione?" he asked her, smiling at how cute she looked with pink cheeks.

She turned to him, teeth chattering and hugging herself for warmth. "Y-y-esss" she replied and smiled back at him.

"Why don't we go into Honeydukes?" Ron suggested. "It's a bit warmer in there."

"Yeah, alright." Harry said, dragging his eyes away from Hermione's beautiful smile. Ron walked ahead of Harry and Hermione and into the shop. There was a line in there and he wanted some sweets before it got to long.

As Harry and Hermione opened the door to Honeydukes they heard a familiar voice call out to them.

"Hey! You! Potter! Granger!" Harry and Hermione whipped around. It was Pansy Parkinson. She was glaring at them as she stopped furiously their way. "You two will pay for what you did to Malfoy!" she screamed.

Hermione was laughing at her again. "And what exactly are you going to do about it?" Hermione asked mockingly.

"You just watch your back! You stupid mudblood!" Pansy hissed. She was raising her wand at Hermione ready to curse her into oblivion. Hermione had taken out her own wand and was about to do the same to Pansy, when Harry intervened.

"EXPELLIARMUS!" he shouted, and Pansy's wand went flying out of her hands. "What do you think you're doing?" he yelled at Pansy. "Hermione didn't even do anything! I cursed Malfoy! If you want to try and do something to me," he paused and spread out his arms, daring Pansy to do something, "then be my guest."

Pansy did not say anything, she simply glared at the two of them. Then in one swift movement bent down to pick up her wand and stormed away.

Harry watched her until she darted around the corner, obviously embarrassed again. Then he turned to Hermione, who still had her wand in her hand. "You alright?" he asked, knowing full well that she was fine. He knew that Hermione could have easily taken on Pansy. She had, after all helped him battle several Death Eaters the previous year. However, with his new found feelings for Hermione, he found that he was extremely protective of her...even more so than before.

"Yeah. Thanks Harry." she said, feeling wonderful inside. She had always felt safe with Harry, safe from everything, protected. Pansy really wasn't anything to be afraid of, but all the same, she still felt protected when he was around. She was ready to forget all the decisions she had made about Harry and just tell him, when...

"Where'd did you guys go?" It was Ron. "I thought you were right behind me."

"Oh, sorry Ron." Harry began. "We - "

"You have to come and see this!" Ron said excitedly.

"What is it?" Hermione asked.

"Someone knocked over a cauldron full of taffy...the shopkeeper was heating up some fudge with his wand and dropped it on the floor and heated up the taffy! Anyway, it's all melted. It's everywhere. And a whole mess of people are glued to the floor!"

The three of them ran into Honeydukes to muse over the damage and hilarious predicament some of their fellow students were in. After a few minutes of watching Neville, Seamus, Colin Justin Finch-Fletchy and Susan Bones lose their shoes and socks while stepping out of the taffy, Harry, Ron and Hermione were ready to go back to the castle. They began walking back to Hogwarts, chatting and laughing about the taffy situation. It seemed to have eased all their minds.

They were nearly at the steps of the castle when Ron stopped and began to run back towards Hogsmeade. "You two go on!" he called over his shoulder. "I forgot to get something. I'll see you later." Harry and Hermione looked at each other in confusion and back to Ron.

"I wonder what he forgot." Hermione said. Harry shrugged and continued walking up the steps of castle entrance. Hermione followed him. Harry really didn't know what to think of Ron at the moment. Should he be happy for him? Upset? Jealous? Why was this so difficult? He just wanted to be with Hermione. He just wanted to tell her. Here, right now. He turned to face her, and just as he was about to say something, someone came shouting his name. It was Pavarti. Great. Harry thought. He did not want to talk to her at the moment, especially about the crazy date he had gotten himself into. I can't believe I did that!

"Hi Parvati." he said calmly, trying to hid his annoyance with her sudden appearance, but then realized this was all his fault.

Hermione wheeled around at the sound of Parvati's name. It was her!

Parvati stopped in front of them, beaming at Harry, then gave Hermione a deep look of disdain.

"Oh, hi Hermione." she said with in a fake voice. It wasn't something that was openly known, but most of the 6th year girls were extremely jealous of Hermione. After all, she spent nearly every minute of every day with Harry.

"Hi." Hermione said with the same tone of upmost loathing. Pavarti ignored her tone and went back to looking at Harry.

"So," she said. "Shall we discuss Valentine's Day Harry?" Then she shot a glance over at Hermione, wanting her to leave. Hermione noticed this and looked at Harry, silently pleading that he say `no, later'. Or NEVER! she thought to herself. But Harry didn't say that at all.

"Hermione, I'll meet you in the common room later. Okay?" said Harry, turning towards Hermione.

"Oh, okay." she said dully. "I'll see you later then Harry." She turned around and walked up the steps into the castle. Just as she entered the door, she made a sprint up many flights of stairs and walked passed a patch of wall three times. I need to be alone, anywhere! She was crying now. Just then a dark pewter knob appeared on the wall. She threw open the door to the Room of Requirement to find a large, overstuffed chair in the middle of the dark room, ran in and slammed door shut. She sat in the large chair crying in the darkness. It wasn't fair. She suddenly threw aside all the reasons why she shouldn't be thinking these things. FORGET VOLDEMORT! I'll protect Harry." Why was this so hard? She just wanted Harry...she just wanted him to love her...the way she loved him. She laid her head down on the arm rest of the chair and cried into the darkness.

A/N: Well now, wasn't that just a roller coaster of emotions? You all hate me now. Don't you? For dragging this on so long...and making you wait!!!! I had to end it there...I'm sorry, you'll know why when I post the next chapter! Please Review! I crave the reviews!!!

-->