Unofficial Portkey Archive

Funny Feelings by Green_Eye_Sparkle16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Funny Feelings

Green_Eye_Sparkle16

A/N: I thought it time for a little author feedback...I haven't been checking my reviews lately. Anyway, I felt rather rude about not responding after such positive things everyone has said. Thank you all so much I truly appreciate every word you all say about my writing. I tend not to take negative criticism well and was extremely thankful that I endured a very, very, very small amount of it.

I'm glad you've all enjoyed the story so far...even though I've dragged it on for a lifetime. Believe you, me, I know it's annoying when you just want things to pull themselves together in a story. To tell you the truth, I never really intended to make the story this long...but I like cliffhangers...especially when I get to write them. Anyway, here's the final chapter. No more cliffies for you...just...THE END. I hope you enjoy.
~Sara

Understanding

As Luna watched Ron stomp off away from the Room of Requirement. She had to follow him. He was so hurt. He just didn't understand. Harry and Hermione were in love with each other...there was nothing better than new love. She quickly picked up the roses that lie on the stone floor and ran after him calling his name.

"Ronald Ronald RON "

"WHAT? " He yelled turning around to look at her. "What Luna? What?"

"Look," Luna said with a patient and steady voice. "Ron, look, what you saw...you...I know how you must feel - "

"No...Luna...you don't You have NO idea how I feel My two best friends And...and she...and he knew You have no idea " And with that, he stomped off towards Gryffindor Tower, leaving Luna feeling extremely hurt. She knew exactly how he felt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Completely oblivious to the world outside the Room of Requirement, Harry and Hermione were still locked in each other's arms. They were kissing fiercely when suddenly, Hermione pulled away. "Wait, wait." she said. "Harry, we can't - I have to at least tell Ron."

Harry pulled her back to him and placed his hand on her cheek. "We have to tell him." he said. Hermione smiled up at him and kissed him softly on the lips. "I love you." she whispered.

"I love you more." He told her. The took each other by the hand and made to sit on the sofa in front of a roaring fire. They sat in silence, holding each other until they fell asleep.

The next morning, Harry awoke first and looked down to see that he hadn't dreamed the whole thing. Hermione was in his arms, fast asleep. His love. He didn't want this moment to end. He wanted nothing more than to sit here with her forever. He smiled to himself and lovingly brushed the hair out of her face. She stirred for a moment, then finally awoke. She looked around the room lazily and confused, then up at Harry. It all came back to her. Last night had been perfect. She smiled at him and kissed him softly. "Good morning." she said quietly.

"Morning Love." he said to her. Her smile widened and she hugged him closer to her.

"I like that." she said. They sat holding each other for a moment then as if lightning had stricken, they both bolted upward.

"We spent the night in here?" they both asked each other at the same time. Hermione ran her hands through her hair then covered her eyes. "What's Ron going to think?" she asked anxiously. "We didn't even see him after Hogsmeade."

"Hermione, It'll be okay." Harry told her standing up and helping her to her feet.

"We're just going to tell him the truth."

"You're right." she said calmly. "We'd better sneak out of hear and go get changed before breakfast." They took a glance around the room and then left. Luckily, not may students were in the corridors. They must have all been in the Great Hall for breakfast. When they reached the Gryffindor common room, they gave each other a quick kiss (since no one was around) and went up to their dormitories. When Harry got up to his room, he was relieved to see that Ron was still sleeping. He quickly got dressed then looked around. Ron's trunk had been overturned, things were all scattered about the floor. Harry wondered what it was all about, but then quickly ran out of the room at the sound of Ron stirring. He met Hermione downstairs and they went to the Great Hall together. They went over, quietly, how they were going to tell Ron. As soon as they had concluded a rehearsed speech, they went on eating their breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ron peered into the Great Hall, looking for Harry and Hermione. Finally, he spotted them. They were talking to each other and laughing. He was furious with the pair of them and equally angry at both of them as individuals. He just couldn't believe that they could have done this to him. He was just about to go in when someone grabbed his hand. It was Luna.

"What are you doing?" he asked her, moving away from the entrance to the Great Hall.

"Ronald, don't do this." she pleaded.

"Don't do what?"

"You're going to go in there and yell at them. You're going to yell at them for being in love?"

"They're not in love...last night...that wasn't love " He was beginning to shout.

"Oh no?" Luna said in an "as - a -matter - of - fact" tone. She pulled him towards the entrance again and they both peered into the Great Hall at Harry and Hermione.

"Take a look." she said.

"Take a look at what?" Ron asked.

"At them. You see? Do you see the way he looks at her? And her, do you see the way she smiles back him?"

It was true. Ron had never seen Hermione smile like that before. He stared intently at the sight before him and saw Harry grab Hermione's hand under the table. The truth was, as hard as it was for him to admit it, he knew they were in love.

"It's hard isn't it?" Luna whispered over his shoulder.

Ron quickly looked away from Harry and Hermione, and turned towards Luna.

Luna saw his pain. She hated seeing him so miserable.

"It's hard seeing the person you want so desperately to be in love with you...in love with someone else."

He looked at her and finally understood. "Luna," he said. "Y-you - you're in - "

But just as he was about to finish, Harry and Hermione came walking by.

"Oh!" they said together at the sight of Ron, who looked equally startled to see them.

"Ron, we were just coming to look for you." Hermione said anxiously.

"Yeah, we didn't see you in there so we - " Harry began before Ron cut him off.

"Guys," he said. "We need to talk." Luna was looking at him with pleading eyes.

"Right." Harry said slowly.

Ron looked over at Luna. "Luna," he said. "Er...we can talk later okay." He gave her a sort of half smile half frown. She nodded and watched the three of them walk away.

Harry, Ron and Hermione walked silently out into the courtyard to their favorite spot. Ron stopped suddenly. He stood there for a moment, still as a statue. Harry and Hermione glanced at each other then back at him. Then he turned and faced them.

"I saw you both last night." he said slowly. "In the Room of Requirement."

Harry and Hermione began in an uproar of explanations. But Ron simply put a hand up to them. "Wait." He said. "Just let me finish."

They fell back and let him speak.

"I saw you two last night. I was furious. I really hated you both. I got up to my room and just started trashing the place. I finally fell asleep. And this morning I had every intention rounding on the both of you. But then, someone made me see just how much you both love each other."

"Ron, I - I don't know what to say, I'm so, so sorry. I knew you liked her and I went after her anyway..."

"You're right Harry. I liked her." Ron said, nodding at Hermione. "But you loved her. I was so angry last night, even after I heard you tell her that you loved her...I just didn't see it until this morning. I saw you holding hands and looking at each other. I knew."

"Ron, I'm so sorry." Hermione said with tears now falling down her face. He looked up at her then at Harry.

"You two don't be sorry about anything. It's going to take awhile to get over this mind you, but all the same, I'm really happy for the both of you."

Hermione moved toward him and enveloped him in a great hug. "Thank you." she whispered in his ear. When Hermione finally let go of Ron, Harry came over and the two friends shook hands. "I know you'll take care of her mate." Ron told him. Harry nodded and they all sat and talked the rest of the day.

TWO WEEKS LATER

It was Valentines Day. Harry and Hermione were walking through the village of Hogsmeade, hand in hand, her head on his shoulder and both in a state of bliss. Everything had turned out perfect. They were inseparable from here on out. They only needed each other.

Meanwhile, over in The Three Broomsticks, Ron and Luna were sitting at a table talking over a couple of butterbeers. They both had their chat, in which Luna confessed to being in love with him for a long time. Ron had told her that it might take awhile for him to get over what had happened two weeks ago, but that he was ready to move on. He was extremely grateful he had. For the next week, he and Luna were officially dating.

Oh, and whatever happened to Malfoy and Pansy? Well, Malfoy got rid of his duck feet after 2 days in hospital, and Pansy...Well, she had been trying to get back at Harry and Hermione for some time now, but in her failed attempts to do so; she found herself at the receiving end of a jinx from Hermione late one afternoon. Hermione had hit her with a jinx that knocked her down on her new curly pug tail. Pansy, of course went screaming down the corridors grasping her backside. Everyone was laughing. Smiling, Hermione turned to Harry, who was beside her.

"That was brilliant!" he said laughing.

"I know." she said laughing back. "That's what she gets for turning my hair pink."

Harry smiled down at her and kissed her softly. "I love you so much." he said.

"I love you too." said Hermione. Then a sly grin came across Harry's face.

"What?" she asked him puzzled.

"Could we bring that pink hair back? I really loved it!" Harry said chuckling.

"Oh shut up Harry." Hermione said hitting him in the stomach. And they walked away, hand in hand, happy, and in love.

THE END.

A/N: Please, please, tell me what you think! Did you like it? I loved writing this story for all of you. Thank you for reading. I hope you'll read more of my stories! THANKS!
~Green_Eye_Sparkle16

P.s...if reviews do not go through, like what's been happening lately, please send reviews to my email:
GreenEyeSparkle16