Unofficial Portkey Archive

Funny Feelings by Green_Eye_Sparkle16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Funny Feelings

Green_Eye_Sparkle16

A/N: Thank you everyone who posted positive reviews on the last chapter. To be honest I was a little hesitant to even post this story...but I'm glad you're all enjoying it! Well...here you go!

Not So Silly Thoughts

As Hermione walked up to her room she couldn't help but grin the entire way there. Today certainly had not been her and Harry's day at all; but indeed it did have it's good parts. When she finally reached her room, she found it as empty as the common room.

Well, that was an interesting day, she thought to herself now lying on her bed. Her thoughts drifted from Malfoy's webbed feet to Harry's green hair.

The green hair really did bring out his eyes. Oh...his eyes. She let out a little sigh and closed her eyes, picturing Harry's gorgeous stare. The good part. Then she muttered to herself, grinning, "Hmm...I love him."

Just then, her eyes shot open and she jumped out of bed. She had done it now. She had finally admitted to herself that she was in love with him. She had eluded the issue for several months now. She'd admit, she did like him more than she should, but she would never have admitted she loved him. But she had just done it. No. I can't be. She thought.

She began to pace up and down her room. She went in circles trying to convince herself that her feelings were just...UGH! NO! Needless to say, unfortunately for her mind, which wanted easing, her attempts had failed. She ran over to her bed and threw herself onto it. NO! She thought. I can't be in lo-...It's Harry...It's crazy! But even if I was in lo-. He would never feel the same way about me. He doesn't like girls like me. He likes Cho Chang's! I'm just going to ignore it. She closed her eyes and felt a tear full of anger and hopelessness run down her cheek, and went to sleep.

Meanwhile, while Hermione slept, Harry was wrestling with his own thoughts. Hermione. He thought lying down. Hermione! Hermione! Hermione! He simply could not gouge her from his mind. What's worse, different forms of her began to appear in his head. Hermione with that pink hair. Hermione soaking wet and angry...She looks so cute both times. Then his mind wandered to the form of Hermione in the periwinkle robes at the Yule Ball..."Beautiful." he whispered again. It became apparent, that he didn't want these feelings to go away.

Just then, Ron burst through the door. "Harry! Where have you been?"

Harry sat up and looked at Ron. "Feeling better then?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." he said quickly. "Where's Hermione?"

"She's asleep, I think. Why?"

"So you two missed it then?" Ron asked loudly.

"What? Ron, what are you talking about? What did we miss?"

"Well, when I got out of the hospital wing, Luna was walking by and she told me what you did to Malfoy! Nice by the way! We both went down and saw him. He still hasn't got rid of those duck feet. He's been waddling up and down the corridors trying to get to the Slytherin common room."

Harry let out a triumphant laugh.

"Anyway," Ron continued. "Crabbe and Goyle kept laughing behind his back...so he turned around and started yelling all sorts of spells at them! Then maybe 2 minutes later, they all were so deformed! Crabbe sprouted antlers and Goyle got a pig snout!"

Harry and Ron were now both so deep in laughter, Harry nearly forgot why he had butterflies in his stomach.

"Too bad you and Hermione weren't there to see it." Ron chuckled.

Hermione. That's it...I'm in love with Hermione. WHOA! What? Harry started scrunching up his face in confusion. I'm in love with Hermione? I'm in love with Hermione? I'`m in love with Hermione!

Ron's voice suddenly brought Harry's mind back into focus. "So, what happened after you cursed Malfoy?" Ron asked. "I see you're hair's fixed. Was Hermione's hair really pink?"

"Well Hermione and I ran around the corner into an empty classroom so we wouldn't get caught. Then Hermione fixed our hair. I don't know how she did it...she's so smart." He added with a grin.

"Yeah she is." Ron said with a dazed look on his face. Harry noticed this. Oh no! Ron's in love with Hermione. He's liked her for years. Oh no! Harry felt his stomach lurch. This was not good.

"Well, I'm gonna go to bed now." said Ron, while he broke out of his plainly obvious daydream about Hermione. "Night Harry. Hogsmeade tomorrow."

"Yeah." Harry replied. "Night." He climbed into bed and let his mind wander. What am I going to do? He thought. I can't do this to Ron. He liked her first. But what if she doesn't like him back? What if she likes me? The idea seemed stupid to Harry. No. She doesn't like guys like me. She likes Victor Krum's! Suddenly Harry felt the same `hate' towards Krum that Ron had in previous years. No. He said firmly in his head. She would never love me back. I'll just ignore it.

Then Harry fell asleep feeling miserable.

A/N: Hmmm...so what did you think of that? Sorry this chapter is so short! The next one will be up soon! It will get a lot more intense...BIG THINGS will happen! I promise! Please Review! Thanks!

-->