Unofficial Portkey Archive

Funny Feelings by Green_Eye_Sparkle16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Funny Feelings

Green_Eye_Sparkle16

A/N: I had a lot of fun writing this chapter! It took me about 10 minutes to visualize it in my head and about 20 minutes to write. Sorry I didn't put it up sooner. I had some internet trouble. It didn't want to connect. Anyway, you may want to brace yourselves.

Hope you like it!

The Unexpected Turn of Events

The next day Harry awoke, got dressed and started walking down to the common room to meet Ron and Hermione. He couldn't recall why he felt so horrible. Then he remembered. Just ignore it. He said to himself standing in the middle of the staircase. Preparing himself to face Hermione, he walked down the steps, turned around the corner and found himself face to face with Ron.

"Morinin' Harry. Let's go get breakfast. I'm starving." Ron said, walking towards to portrait hole.

"Okay." Harry replied, lagging behind. "But shouldn't we wait for Hermione?"

"No. Lavender came down and told me Hermione said she wasn't hungry and she'd meet us in here afterwards to go to Hogsmeade."

"Oh, okay." Harry said, feeling slightly relieved and immensely disappointed that Hermione would not be joining them.

Harry and Ron made there way down to the Great Hall to have their breakfast. Harry really didn't seem hungry and seemed extremely anxious to get breakfast over with and see Hermione. Ron, on the other hand was sucking down his breakfast as if it were his last meal.

As the meal neared it's end, Harry had managed to eat a piece of toast and was ready

to go back to the common room to meet Hermione. He and Ron left the Great Hall and

headed back towards Gryffindor tower, where they found Hermione

waiting for them in the common room, on in one of the armchairs, fast asleep.

Harry smiled to himself. She looked so peaceful. So beautiful.

"Should we wake her?" Ron asked.

"Yeah."

"Well you wake her up and I'll go and get our jackets." And with that, he made a dash towards the boys' dormitory.

Harry walked over to the sleeping Hermione and fixed his eyes on her face. He stared at her for a moment, noticing little freckles here and there that he had never noticed before. Then with a gentle pat on her shoulder, he woke her.

She stirred for a moment, trying to focus her eyes. Harry was right in her face, whispering for her to wake up. Then she jumped back, startled at the site of Harry.

"Oh, Harry, you scared me." she gasped.

"Sorry." he said simply. "Good morning." Not.

"Morning." she replied with a yawn. "Is it time to go to Hogsmeade already?"

"Yeah. Why are you so tired? Didn't sleep well?" Harry asked curiously.

"Oh, no, fine. I just...I was reading a lot last night." she lied. The truth was, Hermione hadn't slept well at all last night. She had woken up at nearly one o'clock in the morning and hadn't been able to get back to sleep. She had thought all her feelings through. No matter how wonderful it would be for Harry to be hers, she just knew it would never happen. It couldn't happen. She ran multiple scenarios through her head. What if Harry did feel the same way? What if they fell in love with each other...everything would be perfect. But, at the same time...what if being with her made him lose his concentration. Harry had to keep his mind on the future. What if she got in the way of him learning how to defeat Voldemort. What if because of her, Harry died. She couldn't bare the thought of Harry dying and resolved her thoughts by telling herself it was for Harry's own safety. She would ignore her feelings.

"Ready?" said a voice in the distance. Ron had come downstairs with his and Harry's jackets. "Morning, Hermione." he said with his ears turning red. Hermione didn't seem to notice. Harry on the other hand caught it. Ron was becoming increasingly obvious that he liked Hermione. She even knew it. She just hadn't acknowledged it.

"Morining Ron." replied Hermione, getting to her feet. "Ready to go to Hogsmeade then?" she asked the pair of them. They nodded, and the three of them set off for Hogsmeade.

When they arrived in Hogsmeade village it began to snow lightly. There were people all around today. Most of them were students shopping for last minute Valentines gifts. Harry hated Valentines Day. It was just a reminder of his last one.

Harry, Ron and Hermione walked through the village and into The Three Broomsticks and sat down at an empty table.

"I'll go get the butterbeers." Harry said.

"Thanks." Hermione said, fumbling with her coin purse to hand Harry a few sickles.

"No, that's okay." He said holding a hand up to her money and looking over at Ron.

"It's on me."

"Thanks Harry." Ron and Hermione said together.

Harry walked over to the counter and ordered there drinks. As Harry ordered the drinks, Ron and Hermione sat in silence. Then finally, Ron turned to Hermione.

"Hermione," he said slowly. "There's something I want to ask you."

"What's that?" she asked. He looked rather anxious.

"W-well, you see," he stammered. "You and I have been friends for awhile now and well, the last couple of years, I-I sort of started to like you." Hermione new exactly what he meant, but tried to play it off with a look of confusion.

"What? So you never really liked me?" she asked him in a bewildered tone.

"No, no, no!" he said quickly. "I liked you, it's just that, well I've started to LIKE -

LIKE you."

"Oh." she said simply. She couldn't believe he was actually admitting this.

"So, I was sort of wondering, if you know, you wanted to come with me to Hogsmeade on Valentines Day."

This took Hermione by surprise. What about Harry? She thought. No...remember, just ignore that. What's the harm in this? Ron genuinely likes me. When am I ever going to find another guy who does? Hermione considered this for a moment. Ron looked absolutely terrified, as if he knew the answer would be `no'. His hands were shaking and he quickly added, "Of course, you don't have to if you don't want to." Hermione snapped out of her thoughts and put a hand on his.

"I'd love to Ron." she said and kissed him on the cheek. He went scarlet and let out a sigh in relief. "Really?" he asked.

"Really." Hermione said. I have to get over Harry. She thought to herself. And Ron's not a bad guy. Sure he's a bit...well...he's Ron. But, he's actually really sweet. Maybe this won't be so bad. Just then, Harry came up next to them and sat the three butterbeers down on the table. Hermione quickly took her hand off of Rons.

"There you go." He said. "Umm, I'm going to go get some fresh air outside. I'm a little dizzy."

"Oh, are you alright Harry?" Hermione asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He told her. I'll be right back."

"Okay." she said weakly.

Harry walked out of The Three Broomsticks feeling sick to his stomach, and most definitely dizzy. He walked over to a bench nearby and sat down. He sat with his face buried in his hands. He had seen the whole thing. He had heard Ron ask Hermione out, and her accept. And she did it with a kiss. Hermione liked Ron back. I knew she'd never like me. He thought. Ugh...I just have to get over her somehow. But how? Harry looked up as if expecting someone to answer his question and saw Parvati standing outside a shop. He stood up and walked over to her and braced himself for what he was about to do.

"Pavarti." he said as she turned towards him.

"Oh, hi Harry." she said.

"Pavarti, I was wondering...do you have any plans on Valentines Day?"

"No. Why?" she said grinning slyly.

"Well," he said, shifting his weight. "I was just wondering if you weren't doing anything, if you'd want to get together or something."

"Sure." she said giggling. She had long gotten over the neglect she received from Harry during the Yule Ball. After being in the D. A. together she had forgotten all about it.

"Great. Well, I'll see you back at the castle? We can talk about it then?"

"Yeah. See you later Harry." And with that, Harry turned around and went back into The Three Broomsticks and sat down opposite Ron. Harry did feel a little pang of shame. It was sort of like using Pavarti. Pavarti's really pretty. He told himself. And she's nice. Maybe something will happen. Maybe I'll be able to just get on with life...and accept Ron and Hermione as a couple.

"Feeling better Harry?" Ron asked.

"Yeah." Harry lied. Where's Hermione?"

"She went to the bathroom." he said. "Look, Harry, I asked Hermione out on a date. Valentines Day." He looked scared of what Harry might think.

"Well, I was wondering when you'd do it. You've liked her for awhile haven't you?

"You knew?" Ron asked incredulously.

"Yeah. The whole school knows." Ron's ears turned red again.

" I've got a date for Valentines Day too." Harry said, trying to look happy as he told them.

"Really? Who?"

"Pavarti."

"Pavarti what?" Hermione said rejoining them at the table.

"Harry's got a date with her on Valentines Day." Ron said.

"Oh." Hermione said in shock. Then she quickly collected herself and looked at Harry with a fake smile. "That's great."

"Yeah." he said with a fake smile of his own.

Hermione stood up suddenly. "I forgot my bag in the bathroom." she lied, kicking her bag under the table. "I'll be right back." Hermione walked away from the table and back into the bathroom and stopped in front of the sink. She looked up at herself in the mirror. "So, he likes Pavarti." she said to herself. "See, he'd never like me. I just have to forget all these feelings, and get a grip." She took a deep breath and walked out of the bathroom back to the table where Harry and Ron sat waiting for her and sat down.

After she left the bathroom, someone walked out of one of the stalls. It was Luna. She heard everything Hermione had said. She walked out of the bathroom and looked around to locate the three friends. When she found them, she leaned up against the wall behind them and stared at Harry and Hermione. "I knew it." she whispered to herself. "They're in love with each other."

A/N: Did you like it? You must be thinking "RON AND HERMIONE? HARRY AND PAVARTI? HELL NO!"....don't worry I wouldn't do that! Anyway, this is a H/Hr fic, they'll end up together...that type of ending is inevitable. I'll try and get the next chapter up quick!

Please Review! :) Thanks.


-->