Unofficial Portkey Archive

Funny Feelings by Green_Eye_Sparkle16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Funny Feelings

Green_Eye_Sparkle16

A/N: Oh my goodness, this chapter took a long time to write. I just kept adding more to it as I went along. I made you wait for 3 whole days! This chapter is the second to last one...I'm pretty sure of it. If I drag it on any longer I think you all might go crazy and never read my stories ever again! Plus, I think I'm ready for a break. Poor JKR...what she must go through...everyone anticipating her books...it must kill her. Here you go! Hope you like this one!!!!

Confessions

While Harry had watched Hermione walk up the stone steps and into the castle, all he wanted to do was run after her, grab her and kiss her. Kissing Hermione. Harry mused. It would be amazing. He began to immerse himself, yet again, in another daydream about Hermione, when Parvati called him back to reality.

"So Harry, what did you have in mind for Valentine's Day?" Parvati asked trying to drag Harry's eyes back toward her.

"What?" he asked blankly.

"Valentines Day. Two weeks away. What did you have in mind?' The students had been granted two Hogsmeade weekends for purchasing Valentines Day gifts and Valentines Day itself.

"Oh, right. Valentines Day." said Harry, looking back at the open doors Hermione had just gone through. He couldn't do this. He wanted Hermione. He wanted to hold her in his arms forever. He wanted to tell her endlessly that he loved her more than life itself. He turned to look at a beaming Parvati. It was no use. Drowning his love for Hermione in a pitiful attempt at a date with Parvati Patil wasn't going to do a damn thing. He felt awful for doing this to a person, for getting their hopes up. But Parvati just wasn't the one he wanted. "Parvati - " he began, preparing himself for a horrifying shrill of a sound that Parvati was sure to make once he told her that it just wasn't going to happen between them. But before he could get another word out, she was already speaking over him.

"I was thinking you and I could go to Madame Puddifuts for coffee or something." she suggested happily. That did it! Harry no longer felt bad for what he was about to do to her. The mention of that awful place only served as another reminder of that horrific date he had endured with Cho Chang. "Parvati - " Harry said again. But she ignored him.

"Or, we could take rides in the horse carriages through Hogsmeade. Or - "

"Parvati!" Harry said loudly. She looked surprised at his volume. "Parvati," he continued. "Look, I don't think this is going to work. You and me."

"What?" she asked, looking hurt. Harry softened his voice a bit and explained to her.

"I - I'm in love with someone else." Harry said easily.

"You are?" she asked. "Who?"

"I - I, well I don't think - " Harry sputtered.

"It's Hermione." Parvati said, with a stern look, almost sure of it. "Isn't it?"

Harry's surprised expression gave Parvati the answer to her question. To Harry's surprise, her face seemed to soften from a frown into a smile. "Well," she sighed. "We all knew it was going to happen sooner or later." Harry was extremely confused.

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

"You and Hermione. We've all known you've been in love with each other for years. We just, secretly hoped it wasn't true."

"You knew we were in love with...each other? But, Hermione isn't in love with me. She doesn't know I'm in love with her." The words just seemed to spill out to Parvati...she was the most unlikely person Harry would talk to about his feelings for Hermione...next to maybe Cho.

"She is in love with you Harry. I don't know how you can't see that." Parvati said. They had now moved into the courtyard and were sitting on a bench discussing the possibility that Hermione did have feelings for him.

They talked for nearly two hours, and Harry now appreciated Parvati more than ever. She had actually given him advice on girls. "Thank you." he told her. "And I'm sorry I did this to you. Used you to...to - "

"I know Harry. It's okay. Now go and tell her how much you love her!" It had been decided that Harry would tell Hermione today! It was only yesterday that he had come to the realization about his feelings for Hermione, but he knew that on some level he had always felt this way about her. He was just too blind to realize. It was Hermione.

He was shaking as he run up towards Gryffindor Tower. Parvati had promised she wouldn't say a word to anyone unless Harry and Hermione did actually become something. Harry was so grateful for this. When he got to the Gryffindor common room, Hermione was nowhere to be found.

It was now dark. Harry had been searching everywhere for Hermione. He had been running around the castle for hours trying to locate her, and he still wasn't sure if Ron had even come back from Hogsmeade. What was he doing? Quickly, he forgot about Ron when he saw Luna coming towards him. "Luna, have you seen Hermione?" He asked her hurriedly.

"No, I'm sorry, I haven't." she said, not in her usual dreamy voice, but one most unlike her own. She sounded sad. Harry noticed and asked her if anything was wrong.

"Oh nothing." she replied. "I just have a little headache that's all."

"Oh, alright. Well, I'll see you later Luna." Harry said before darting around the corner to look for Hermione once again. Where is she? He thought worriedly. What if something's happened to her? Just then, Ernie MacMillan came walking down the corridor. "Ernie!" Harry yelled. "Have you seen Hermione at all?"

"Yeah, actually, I saw her around three o'clock. I think she went into the Room of Requirement."

"Great! Thanks!" Harry said, making a mad dash in the direction of the Room of Requirement. He ran the entire way there. As he ran, he thought to himself. Hermione might not even be in there. Three o'clock. Three o'clock was around the time we got back to the castle. She can't still be in there. But I have to try anyway. It was now, nearly eight o'clock in the evening. Finally, he was there.

Harry stood outside the patch of wall where he knew the Room of Requirement was hidden. Even if she doesn't feel the same way, he thought. I have to tell her. And Ron...He knew that facing Ron would be more difficult than anything he'd ever faced in his life. Of course that would be second to what he was about to do. Face Hermione, and tell her how he really felt. He walked passed the piece of wall 3 times. I need a place to tell Hermione how much I love her. The same pewter handle appeared in front of him. He took a deep breath and opened the door. It creaked loudly and the sound echoed throughout the room. As he entered, he saw that it was very dark and dreary. The atmosphere was cold and forbidding. He noticed the large, squishy chair in the middle of the room. This was not what he had in mind. Was this the room Hermione had thought of? The room he had envisioned was more warm and welcoming. He slowly began walking towards the chair.

"Hermione." he said into the dark. Suddenly, torches on the walls lit with fire, and he was face to face with Hermione.

"Harry!" she gasped. She was sitting in the overstuffed chair, her eyes were puffy and full of sadness, tears flowed her cheeks, which were flushed with the anger and frustration she had been feeling. Quickly, she brushed the tears of hopelessness. Harry looked horrorstruck.

"Hermione, why are you crying?" Harry asked worriedly.

"I wasn't crying." she said turning away. "What are you doing here anyway? I thought you were talking to Parvati about your date on Valentines Day."

"Hermione, that was five hours ago. I've been looking everywhere for you."

"Yeah, well, I - I...Harry how could you go out with Parvati? You could do so much better." Hermione shouted. This wasn't like her, but she couldn't take it anymore. If Harry couldn't be hers, she didn't want anyone else to have him. She had to tell him. Even if he didn't feel the same way, she had to try. Harry looked surprised at Hermione and he spoke suddenly.

"Hermione, I really like you." He said. He hadn't even realized he'd said anything until he saw the look on her face.

"You - but I thought...Parvati?" she started.

"That was stupid of me. I like you, more than a friend Hermione." Harry said again, more aware of what he was saying. But this was a downright lie. Harry didn't like Hermione. He LOVED Hermione. He knew more than ever, that he did. For wear or for worse, Hermione had always been the voice in his head. He wouldn't be alive without her. Adding to her beauty on the outside, Harry new that she was even more beautiful on the inside. She had such an amazing spirit. She was brilliant beyond comprehension and she was extremely kind and caring.

Hermione looked at him in utter shock. He liked her? It wasn't love, but she couldn't push it. This was more than she could have hoped for.

"Harry, I need to tell you something." she said quickly.

Harry looked at her, ready for anything. "Okay." he said.

She sat stood up and walked around the chair halfway towards the door. "Okay," she began with a shaky voice. Lately, well for awhile now, I've liked you as more than a friend too." Another lie, only this time on her part. Hermione LOVED Harry. But she, like Harry had the same fear of scaring him off.

"You do?" Harry asked incredulously. Hermione liked him! Parvati had been half right. She liked him...not loved, but this was better than anything Harry could have hoped for. They stood there, staring at each other in an awkward silence. Both of them were thinking the same thing. This wasn't right. They had to tell one another the truth.

"Harry - "

"Hermione - "

"I lied Harry. I don't just li - "

"And, what I said...I lied. I don't like you." Harry said quickly, walking around the chair and stood in front of Hermione.

"What?" Hermione asked, suddenly horrified and confused. How could he possibly say that? How could he say that after she had just heard his confessions with her own two ears? And after what she had confessed herself.

"I don't like you." Harry repeated. Hermione's eyes fell towards the floor and she backed away from him, unable to speak. She felt sick. All the hope that she had felt only moments ago was shattered into nothing. And then...

Harry took her hand in his, and guided her back to him. To weak now to resist him, Hermione moved closer to Harry. They were so close. Hermione's eyes were still fixed, intently on the stone floor, avoiding looking at him. She could feel the tears coming as she closed her eyes. She just wanted to scream. Then, Harry raised his free hand and cupped her cheek in a caressing manner and dragged his fingers underneath her chin. Slowly, he lifted her face, needing her eyes to meet his. When she finally opened her eyes, he could see the tears glistening in them. She was so beautiful.

Then he spoke, slowly and softly. "Listen, I don't like you, Hermione."

Hermione was ready to run away. How could he do this to her? How could he say these - ?

"I love you." Harry had said it, he had said it more sure of this than anything in his life.

Hermione could do nothing but look into his wonderful eyes. There were tears there...for her. He loved her? He really loved her? She took a deep breath and held it there, still looking at Harry with burning intensity. Finally she let out a breath and smiled at him.

"Y-you love me?" she managed.

"Yes I do. So, so very much." he said desperately.

Hermione looked at him once more with passionate eyes. She leaned in closer to him and whispered, "I love you too."

Harry looked shocked. "Y-you do?" he asked her, his mouth gaping open.

"Yes I do." she said with the same desperation Harry had used.

At these words, Harry caught Hermione's lips with his own in one desperate movement. Hermione let out a little gasp between kisses, then responded by throwing her hands around Harry's neck and kissing him back with the same desperation. Never breaking apart, this was no simple unity. It was no modest kiss. This kiss, was long and passionate, full of need and want. Full of pure love of one another.

Suddenly the room was hit with a wave of magic. The room had changed. The walls were no longer gloomy, the torches had disappeared and were replaced with towering windows that let in the moonlight. The stone floor was now covered in velvet carpets. The darkness had disappeared and the room was bathed in candlelight and the shining of the moon. The large, overstuffed chair that had been in the middle of the room was now gone. Instead, a harp stood there and began to play itself. And overhead, a glorious chandelier hung, dripping with magic stars. The room had changed into a total reflection of their feelings. Wonderful.

Harry and Hermione had been too busy kissing to notice anything had changed. Harry clung to Hermione like she was his last breath. Hermione felt the same need. And if possible, she held him even closer.

Meanwhile, Luna had been passing by. She was thinking about the idea she had wanted to expand on in the Three Broomsticks earlier that day. Her plan was in all aspects, the basic romance operation. She would get Harry and Hermione in a compromising position. Maybe Harry could save her again...or...no. She thought. Just then, she heard noises...and...voices as she passed the Room of Requirement. Luna noticed the pewter handle and out of pure curiosity, she grasped the handle and opened it slightly, just enough to see...

Harry and Hermione were still deep in passionate kisses, stopping every now and then to whisper something to one another.

Luna's eyes widened as she saw this and heard breathy, muffled words.

"I love you so much Hermione."

"I love you too Harry." Followed by more kissing noises. Luna was positively beaming at the sight before her. Things might work out after all. She was just about to give them their privacy when a familiar voice came in her ear.

"Hi Luna." It was Ron. "What are you looking at?" he asked her.

"Oh...nothing!" she said, trying to close the door. But Ron had already peered inside. Luna flinched fiercely as she saw his eyes widen in horror. He saw, Harry and Hermione...kissing. His best friend, and the girl he wanted. To Luna's surprise, Ron didn't do anything. He just stood there, staring at the scene before him. Though he did not say anything for almost 10 seconds, he soon shut the door quietly and walked furiously passed Luna, throwing down a bouquet of red roses and threw a parcel over the edge of a balcony. Someone below had yelled "OUCH!". Luna had seen Ron's face. It was red with anger, perhaps jealousy and definitely sadness.

A/N: You're all screaming at me through your computers! Aren't you? "FINALLY!" you must be saying. Did you like that? I ended their suffering...or did I? **says with mischievous grin** They will be fine...don't worry! It's funny how love works between two people isn't it? You never know what the other is thinking. Well that's not all, there's more to come! Poor Ron, huh? There's still some issues to resolve. The last chapter will be up...well, when it's up! Don't worry, I won't make you wait too long! Please Review! Thanks. :)

OH...AND....

To the person who reviewed chapter four and pretty much guessed what was going to happen...Harry going into the Room of Requirement! That was really annoying Lol! I guess that part happening was a little obvious. But you're mind works in all the right ways! Or you really are psychic! **squints eyes and ponders the possibilities.** LOL.

-->