Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blood Ties by diggingupophelia
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blood Ties

diggingupophelia

A/N: I have decided to add more. There is still at least one more chapter after this. Artie and Harry need to have a little talk. Reviews are appreciated. Thank you in advance!

~*~

Chapter 2

~*~

"Harry, I have warned you, and I am not afraid to hex you, stop acting so bloody childish," said Hermione as she removed her cloak. She, Harry, and Lily had just arrived at the Malfoy's estate.

Ginny heard the commotion in the foyer and went to greet her friends. "Hello, Hermione, Harry," she said. "And Lily, dear, how are you feeling?"

"Fine, Aunt Ginny," she replied.

"This is just weird," commented Harry. " I mean this feels so … wrong. Aside from the fact that she is still a child…"

"Daddy!" said Lily in a raised voice. "We have been over this. You and Mum were only two years older when you had me and that goes for Artie's parents, too."

"But you, Lily, are my daughter, and you should have remained innocent until you were at least thirty!"

"Harry, would you stop this nonsense," scolded Hermione.

Ginny giggled. "Draco isn't acting any better, I can assure you."

Right on cue, Draco entered the foyer. "A Potter, in my bloody family tree. Never has been one before and now … my son has put an end to …"

"Oh shut up!" chastised Ginny. She then turned and called her son. "Artie! Lily is here."

Artie came running down the corridor. As soon as Harry saw Artie, his anger returned in a flash. "I'll kill the little bastard! I swear to Merlin, you … you've ruined Lily's life … you tied her down and now now …" he said in a very calm and cold voice. Each word brought him a step closer to Artie.

Draco stepped in front of his son. "Harry, look, I am not happy about this either … and…"

Artie chose this moment to add an inappropriate comment, "And I didn't tie her down … I asked, but when she said no, I …"

"Artie, shut up," warned Draco. "This is not the time…" Draco was forever warning Artie about saying the wrong thing at the worst time; a trait he had inherited from his Uncle Ron.

"What did you teach your son? Tying down women, what a little pervert. This is your entire fault Draco. You should've taught your son to keep his zipper zipped and blood circulating freely to his brain and not his willy!"

Hermione chuckled.

That only proved to upset Harry further. "Sure, laugh now. When you returned from the seeing the Healer you sure didn't think this was funny! I seem to recall you researching severing and shrinking hexes suitable for human flesh!"

Artie gulped. Draco's hand subconsciously fell to his bits as he grimaced. Ginny stifled a giggle, Lily took the opportunity to position herself next to Artie, and Hermione turned a brilliant shade of red.

"Don't worry Hermione. I understand, if it had been Bernadette I would be researching those hexes too," whispered Ginny. "Shall we move this into the sitting room? I have tea."

"It isn't necessary Gin," replied Harry, "I'd hate to make a mess in your sitting room with all the blood."

"Harry James Potter!" yelled Ginny. "Might I remind you that this is your godson? Never mind what he has done or whose fault this is, we need to sort some things out here!"

Harry relaxed his stance and released his grip on his wand. " I am still not happy about this," he said as he walked the familiar path to the sitting room."

"Oh, and you think I am," called Draco as he followed Harry. Harry made it into the sitting room before he replied to that comment.

"And what is that supposed to mean?"

"It means you and I are now linked by blood, a real connection, and it makes me sick to my stomach!"

Harry turned white as the realization hit him. He sat down on the sofa, and ran his hands through his notoriously messy hair as he processed the information. "This sucks," he said, sounding like a petulant child.

"Tell me about it," commiserated Draco. "Tea?"

"Sure, two lumps…"

"No bloody milk. I do pay attention you know," said Draco.

"Really? If you had been paying better attention to your son's shagging habits we wouldn't be in this mess!"

Draco set down the teacup. "If you would've locked your daughter in a tower and put a chastity belt on her, we wouldn't be in this mess!"

Hermione cut in. "Stop it you two. Being related to each other isn't that big of a deal, really. I mean, you are already practically related."

"But now it is a permanent thing," stated Harry.

Hermione ignored him. "So, Ginny, how are you feeling?" she asked.

"Old. And tired," she replied. "A grandmother at 36, while I'm pregnant. I am bloody ecstatic," she added sarcastically.

Hermione nodded. "I was quite upset at that yesterday," she paused. "And congratulations ,Gin." Ginny nodded.

Draco sat in a chair near the fire. "Where are they?"

"In Artie's rooms," replied Ginny.

"You left them alone?" asked Harry in an alarmed tone.

"How many times do I have to say it? What's done is bloody done. They can't get themselves into any more trouble," explained Hermione as though she were talking to a small child.

Draco and Harry both made noises of disgusted agreement.

"Right," said Ginny. "Well, since we are in a position to help them, it seems ridiculous to expect them to give up educational prospects. We can help and…"

"And what, tell them that it is perfectly fine that they have just acted so irresponsibly?" cut in Harry. "They need to learn a lesson."

"Harry, we've been through this. They have learned a lesson, a lesson that is going to keep on teaching until they die. A child is forever, and is a gift and not a punishment. We don't need to make this any worse. We can help them and we should."

"As much as I hate it, Harry, Hermione is right," added Draco.

"Or I could just kill Artie and then …"

"Stop it. How did Hermione's parents react when you and she told them about Lily?"

"They weren't pleased, I can tell you that. My teeth still hurt thinking about that," said Harry.

"Well you were the daft moron who told him while he was cleaning your teeth," added Draco. "At least you didn't have six angry siblings tying you to a tree leaving you dressed in nothing but honey. Places I didn't know I had were stuck together for a week."

"True. But still, we got ours. And he deserves his lesson," said Harry.

"Oh, no you don't," said Ginny and Hermione at the same time.

"That isn't going to help matters," continued Hermione.

"Besides, you can't punish them for doing the very same thing all of us did," added Ginny.

"Why the bloody hell not?" asked Draco.

"Because, I said so," retorted Ginny.

"I think Artie and I need to have a talk," said Harry, getting up from his seat.

Hermione held out her hand. "Wand."

Harry gave an irritated sigh as he dug in his robe pocket for his wand. "Happy?"

"Give me the spare, too."

Harry mumbled something and handed over his spare wand. "Now may I go?"

"Promise to behave yourself."

Harry rolled his eyes. "I promise to behave myself."

"And not hurt him," added Ginny.

"And not hurt him," he repeated. "Can I go now? Honestly, you are treating me like a bloody child."

"Well, you are acting like one," offered Hermione with a shrug of her shoulders. "Take Draco with you."

Draco got up and offered his wand to Hermione. "You better keep it, he can use wandless magic, just in case," she said.

Draco and Harry made their way up the stairs. Harry saying something about how unfair things were.

~*~

"Oh, Hermione, we are too young to be grandmothers," said Ginny, in a depressed tone.

"I know, maybe the baby can just call us Aunt Gin and Aunt Hermione," replied putting Harry's wands in her purse.

"I know it is really silly, but it is so bloody depressing."

"You should have seen me yesterday, Gin. I was bloody frantic. However, once Harry started in, I had to calm down. You should have seen him. I had to ward the house to stop him from Apparating or using the Floo. He was in a rage."

"Draco was livid when your owl came. Mostly because you sent the letter, which meant he would have to do things your way. I can't believe you wrote ten pages in such small handwriting."

"Well, I was angry. I don't even remember what I wrote." Hermione sipped her tea, and then changed the subject. "How did Draco take the news of the baby, yours I mean?"

"He hasn't had time to process it, really. But once he does, I am sure he'll be upset he went through with the vasectomy … after all that convincing. I am sure you'll be getting a nice Howler from him when he's had a chance to process it."

"Well, you did ask me…"

" I know, but Draco doesn't, and I'd like to keep it that way," she said. "You and Harry should have another …"

"Please, three is enough! We just got the house back. I am not about to change that!" said Hermione. "I can finally read again … in peace, might I add."

Ginny rolled her eyes. "So what do you suppose is going on up there?"

"Well, we haven't heard any thumps or screams, and Lily hasn't come barreling down the stairs, so I'd wager it is going fairly well," answered Hermione.

"What if Harry got Draco's wand away from him and cast a silencing charm and …"

"Relax, Gin. They'll be fine."

As soon as Hermione uttered that sentence there was a loud crash followed by a rush of footsteps down the corridor.

"Bloody hell!" said Ginny.

A second later, Bernadette appeared in the doorway. "Sorry, Mum. Sebastian knocked over the vase in the corridor."

"I loathe that bloody cat!" commented Ginny. "You'd better fix it before I get up there!"

Bernadette left the room and Ginny and Hermione relaxed, a little, anyway.


-->