Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blood Ties by diggingupophelia
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blood Ties

diggingupophelia

A/N: This is a short chapter. I hate writing weddings, so I didn't write the ceremony because I don't know what kind of ceremony fits into JKR's world and I am not going to fall back on Pagan or Christian ritual and a civil thing seems all wrong … so use your imagination, because I can't.

Chapter 7

Hermione and Ginny had spent the whole morning getting Lily ready for the wedding. They also spent a fair amount of said time, arguing with her, along with Harry, who refused to come into the room.

"Harry, it isn't bad luck for you to see your daughter before you get married," repeated Hermione. "Come in here and talk to her. This is just getting annoying."

Harry opened to door and kept his back facing away from Lily. He refused to look at her. "Now, Lily, is it so bad that your Dad wants to give you away? I mean it could be worse…"

"It isn't any worse, Hermione. Once I walk her down that aisle, she becomes a Malfoy! We are now irrevocably bound to them. Do you understand this?"

Hermione rolled her eyes.

"In case you've forgotten, Harry, I am married to a Malfoy and it isn't awful," said Ginny. "And if it makes you feel better, Artie is half Weasley, so that should make things better."

"Hermione, maybe we forced her into this too quickly, there is still time to reconsider," he argued.

"Daddy! Stop. I want to marry him. And if you stop this, I will let you walk me down the aisle and give me away. Just please," she begged.

"All right, but I'm still not happy about it," he said sulkily.

"I don't care if you're happy about it, I just don't want to hear about it anymore" Lily said under her breath as she settled back into the chair.

~*~

Draco was pacing back and forth as Artie pulled on his dress robes.

"Would you stop it, Dad? You're making me nervous."

Draco stopped moving his feet, but his brain was moving a million kilometers per hour. "Ok, we can fake your death and then …"

"Dad, stop it. Married or not, Lily is having my children. You're related to him, by blood, and nothing is going to change that," he said as he straightened his tie. "Merlin, I sounded just like you then, didn't I?"

"Yeah, what a time for the Malfoy charm to shine through," he said. "Fan-bloody-tastic!"

"Dad, you are so dramatic," he teased. He turned around and faced his father. "The mirror says I look fat in these robes, do I?" he asked.

"No. Quit preening and let's get this over with."

"I'm not preening … I am, how do you always put it? … Oh yes, perfecting perfection," he said imitating Draco's voice.

"I have never said that," he argued.

"Ok, Dad, let's get this over with. I have a honeymoon to get to," he said.

~*~

Harry and Lily stood outside the doors leading into the rose garden at the Potter home.

"Ready?" asked Lily.

"No, I don't want you to grow up. If I do this it means that you're grown up and I'm old."

"Well, both of those things are true, Dad," she joked.

"Ha, ha, that was funny, in that not really sort of way," he said, tucking her arm into the crook of his own.

"Time to go, dad," she said as the doors opened.

~*~

The ceremony actually went along without major incident. The only major problem came when Draco decided that he should object to the union, and then Ginny hexed him. Draco spent the rest of the ceremony with ugly purple boils on his face. Ginny only removed the hex because the photographer was snapping pictures and she didn't want them to be ruined.

Lily and Artie were not amused by the interruption and ignored Draco the rest of the evening. Lucius was also not amused and had words with Draco. As a result of his chastisement, Draco sat alone in a corner with a bottle of Firewhisky and his sorrows.

"Draco, what are you doing?" asked Ginny.

"Getting drunk and keeping myself from being an embarrassment on this family," he said taking another swig of the vile liquid straight from the bottle.

"It is time for you to dance with the bride," she stated.

"I'll pass. I really think I am too drunk to stand up," he said.

"Lucky for you I have a sobering potion in my hand," she said thrusting the vial of orange liquid at him.

"What is the use of spending money on alcohol when you're going to take away the effect?"

"Drink it."

"I'll pass," he said.

Ginny grabbed the vial, popped off the cork, stepped behind Draco, plugged his nose, and forced the vial down his throat when he opened his mouth. Draco swallowed it. "Are you trying to kill me?" he yelled.

"Not yet, don't test me. You know how crazy some witches get with the hormones and all … my magic could just accidentally go out of whack," she said in a saccharine tone.

"That isn't funny."

"Neither are you," she said. "But you are very handsome and I do love you."

"Is that why you're trying to kill me?"

"Oh quit being a baby and go dance!"


-->