Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blood Ties by diggingupophelia
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blood Ties

diggingupophelia

A/N: A record 4 Chapters in one day. I am on a roll. The paper I have to do is still not done! I hate when RL tries to mess with my fandom.

Remember to check out www.livejournal.com/community/annettefanfic.

And comments are always appreciated, I love to hear what you think about what I'm writing.

*Skipping a head to the day before the wedding, because the humor of finding out about the baby is getting stale, in my opinion.*

~*~

Chapter 6

~*~

"No. He is not going to give me away. I don't belong to him, and it is a stupid Muggle tradition."

"Might I remind you that you are half Muggle! Three quarters if you want to get technical!"

"Mum, Daddy is not going to give me away. I'll walk down the aisle on my own!"

"Lily, you are trying my patience. Your father is going to walk you down the aisle, he is going to give you away, and … and…"

"Then I won't go to my wedding!"

"Stop being difficult."

"You first," shouted Lily. All of a sudden she felt light headed and dizzy. She swayed a bit on her feet and nearly lost her balance.

"Oh, Lily are you all right," she said rushing to support her daughter.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I guess I shouldn't over do it."

"No, I'm sorry I shouldn't be pushing the issue," she said, but was cut off by the sound of something crashing in the downstairs sitting room. "What the bloody hell was that?"

Lily shrugged. Hermione went downstairs to investigate. It was her middle child, Sofia, she was standing with her wand drawn and a look of horror upon her face.

"What are you doing?"

"I saw a boggart and I tried to make it go away. But the spell it backfired, and well, Lily's dress …"

Hermione looked at Lily's dress robes. In the center of the off white robes was a giant scorch mark. Hermione sighed. "What spell did you use?"

"I don't remember. I know I'm not supposed to use magic, but I tried…."

Hermione tried to fix it with every charm and transfiguration she could call to mind. "Today of all days, you could have done this yesterday, then we could find a new dress!"

"Am I going to be expelled?"

"Your father did much worse and wasn't expelled. I think you'll be fine. Just give me your wand for now."

Harry entered the room. "Every time I see you lately you are demanding wands from your family members."

"Well they keep trying to blow me up or each other. Harry, look at this dress!"

"Did you try …"

"Everything!"

"Well, what are we going to do?"

"You and Draco and Artie have to pick up your dress robes, right?"

"Yeah?"

"So, figure out a way to fix it. Ask Draco, he actually has fashion sense and taste!"

"The dress I chose originally, was lovely."

"It was all poofs and pink bows. It was a monstrosity."

"I thought it was adorable."

"Brides do not want to look, `adorable'. You know what, I am coming with you three."

"No you aren't I'll take care of the dress," Harry said seriously.

Hermione squinted her eyes at him. "What are you up to?" Realization crossed her face. "Ginny and I told you, no bachelor parties. None. You are not…"

"No we aren't," he said, rather unconvincingly.

"That's it, I'm calling Ginny!"

"No, Hermione, you can't do that!" begged Harry.

"I feel like I have another teenager! What is the matter with you lot?"

~*~

"Draco Malfoy, you tell me this instant where you think it is you are taking my son!"

"Nowhere important. I'm just going to take him to dinner, to enjoy his last night as a free man."

"You swore that there would be no bachelor party."

"Dad, I don't even want to go. I just want to go and see Lily."

"Oh no you don't, Artie, we are going to enjoy our last night."

"Hello. Ginny, are you there?" came Hermione's voice from the Floo.

"Yes, one moment, Hermione," she said. She turned to Draco and Artie. "Don't you lot move until I get back."

Ginny left. "Come on son, let's run for it!" urged Draco.

"No way, I may be prone to doing stupid things, but there is no way I am going to cross Mum. There is no way in hell."

"You're moving out tomorrow. She can't ground you. She isn't about to let you miss your own wedding!"

"That may be true, but you've been lecturing me for the past week on what it means to be responsible, I am not going to do it."

"Good for you Artie," said Ginny. "Now, Harry, Hermione, Lily, James, and Sofia are here."

"Why are they here? We're supposed to go out!" whined Draco.

"Well, Bernadette is going to entertain James and Sofia and we are all going to replace Lily's dress when we pick up your dress robes."

"What happened to Lily's dress?"

"In a word, Sofia."

"I didn't mean it," she said.

"We know, you just have bad luck!" said all of the adults in unison.

Sofia shrugged and followed Bernadette upstairs.

Harry whispered to Draco, "That puts a damper on our plans," he said.

"Tell me about it, bloody women figure out everything. That is lesson number one when your married son," said Draco.

"He's going to have it doubly hard with Lily, she's a Legilmens."

"She never told me that!" complained Artie.

Harry just smirked. "It was our little secret. Now you know."

Artie sulked. He'd never be able to do anything behind his wife's back. Brilliant way to start a marriage.

The group of six made their way to Diagon Alley and picked up a replacement dress for Lily and the men's dress robes. Then Hermione and Ginny made sure that everyone returned to the Malfoy estate. Harry and Hermione picked up their children and made their way home.

~*~

Artie went to bed, trying to brush up Occlumency before he went to sleep. Draco and Ginny retired to their own chambers after they tucked in William and Aidan.

"Merlin, Draco, I feel so old. Our baby is getting married tomorrow," she said.

"He isn't a baby any more, Gin," he said settling in bed next to his wife, and letting his hand graze her abdomen. "How is our newest arrival?"

"He is just fine."

"If it is a boy, we're getting this one neutered! I am not going through this again. And what makes you think you won't get another little girl?"

"I just know. Merlin, I am just so happy that the morning sickness is over," she said.

"Me too, it was disgusting holding your hair back while you were puking your guts out!"

"Now imagine how I felt!"

"You're beautiful, Gin," he said silkily as he kissed her on the neck.

Ginny hit him playfully. "Hey, what do you think you're doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?"

"The very same thing your son did," she said as Draco placed a kiss on her lips.

"You're killing the mood. I finally have a moment alone with my wife where she isn't about to run off to the bathroom to be sick and I intend on using it," he said.

"Mmm, is that so," she said kissing him back.

Draco moved so that he was lying on top of Ginny. He deepened the kiss, and all of a sudden Ginny pushed him off of her. She bolted off the bed and made for the bedroom. "Or, I could spend the evening holding your hair back. It is a bit early for the anti-sibling alarm," he said as he followed Gin into the bathroom to do his husbandly duty.


-->