Unofficial Portkey Archive

Its Just Pretend by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Its Just Pretend

Harrys Mistress

This chapter was automatically imported from the story archive available on /r/HPharmony.

Please report any issues by using the Report as broken button!

Spoiled! Ya'll are all spoiled! *sigh* And that's partly my fault, cuz I LOVE to spoil my readers. Here's another chapter, I hope it's LONG enough for you people out there that rate my talent on the length of my chapters, instead of quality. ANYway, thanks for all the support! Hugs and kisses!

***********************

Hermione let out a tired moan as she felt herself begin to wake up. She sensed Harry's warmth right away and snuggled closer to him, wrapping her arm around his waist and buried her face in his chest. She had turned to him in the middle of the night, her legs tangled with his.....his arm wrapped around her with his fingers buried in her hair. He smelled heavenly. The musky male scent was intoxicating and she breathed deeply sighing in content while her eyes finally flickered open. She smiled softly as she lifted her head up and propped it up against the heel of her hand so she could watch him sleep.

She loved to watch him sleep. His chest moved in a steady rhythm as he breathed with his lips slightly opened. His unruly hair fell over his forehead so she reached up and swept it out of the way. He moaned as he shifted in his sleep, smacking his lips while his arm around her tightened. His eyes soon opened and green eyes met brown. The corner of Harry's eyes crinkled when he smiled at her. The sight made Hermione's heart drop to her feet.

"Morning," he whispered as he slid his hand up and down her side.

"Good morning," she said in return.

"Is it time to get up yet?"

The corner of her mouth lifted. "Not quite."

"Good," he said and then moved until he was copying her position. "How'd you sleep?"

"Just fine. You're better than a sleeping potion."

He laughed softly. "Right back at ya." His smile lessened a bit as he looked at her while he lifted his hand to run his fingers through her hair, tucking it behind her ear. "I liked waking up next to you."

"Right back at you," she said teasingly repeating his words.

"Mione...."

"We didn't plan for this," she said in a hushed tone.

His eyes softened. "Of course we didn't, Mione. Things like this are never planned."

"Well....what about Veronica?"

He blinked. "Veronica? What about her?"

She sighed. "Come on, Harry....you like her. I have to ask, I mean....you've liked her forever."

"Liked," he told her. "Past tense. The more time I spent with you, the less I thought about her."

She swallowed the lump in her throat. "And now?"

"Now?" he asked as he cupped the side of her neck, his thumb swept across her cheekbone. "Now, I don't even give her a second thought."

"Harry, I...I don't know when it changed....I don't know when it changed from pretend....."

"To real?" he finished for her. "I think it just did."

His eyes flickered to her lips as his head bent towards hers. His lips touched hers in a soft gentle kiss as they both began to melt. Hermione sighed as she reached up and touched his cheek with trembling fingers. He pulled back but only for a half of second, before coming back from more. He felt her lips part beneath his, which was her invitation to continue farther with the kiss. Something he was well aware of and accustom to. He had kissed her so many times now, that he knew what she liked and when to do it. His tongue slid slowly between the seam of her lips, groaning softly at the first taste of her sweet mouth.

Her back arched against him as she kissed him back, their tongues collided in a slow sensual passion, perfect for lazy mornings such as these. She felt his hand travel down her side of her breast to her ribcage, over her hips and then curved to the back of her thigh before gripping her leg and pulling it over his hip. It brought them even closer together and they both moaned in approval as the kiss never broke. Her fingers were lost in his hair, as he rolled her on her back pressing her deep against the mattress with his weight.

Harry still couldn't get over how well they fit. It was a perfect match....it was as if Hermione was made especially for him. And him only. That thought made him turn the kiss up a notch, thrusting his tongue more fiercely in his mouth as he became more desperate. He started to move against her and Hermione quickly sped up with him, matching his speed and soon they were both lost in each other.

So lost in fact, that they didn't even hear the portrait swing open. Their eyes were closed, their lips were joined, and everything else was oblivious. They didn't even notice that Ron was standing behind the couch....looking at them with a look of complete shock on his face.

Ron stood their...he didn't know what to do. He knew his eyes were seeing his two best friends making out in a passionate embrace....alone....but his mind didn't believe it. What the hell? When did this happen? It was bound to happen, but how come they didn't tell him? He still didn't know what to do. Should I stay? Should I say something? Or just go?

Ron's eyes widened when Hermione let out a desperate moan while Harry had his face buried in her neck. Well, that answered his question. He should just....go. He quickly spun around and fled their common room undetected. He would just have to confront them later.

"Harry," she mumbled between kisses as she cupped his face and gently pulled him away. "We should probably head down now."

He sighed. "That time already huh?" he asked.

"I'm afraid so," she said with a slight smile.

Harry leaned down and gave her one more kiss. "All right then...I'll meet ya down here."

"Okay."

"Hey," he said softly before she could move. "Is this what you want? I mean...are we really going to try this?"

"This is exactly what I want, Harry," she told him as she touched his cheek softly.

He sighed in relief. "Good, because I don't want to pretend anymore."

"And neither do I," she said and cupped the back of her neck and pulled him down for another kiss, this time it lasted longer as their lips teased and caressed.

It took them a lot longer to get off the couch finally, but they still managed to meet back down in the common room in time. He greeted her with a kiss and he smiled while doing so, knowing that this was real. He took her hand, kissed her fingers before they finally made it out of the portrait hall. At the Great Hall they found Ron sitting by himself so they made their way to him and sat in front of him. "Hey Ron, where's Jules?"

"Studying," he said while he kept on eating.

Hermione studied Ron and knew right away that something was bothering him. "What is it Ron?"

"Nothing," he said unconvincingly.

"Ron," Hermione said. "You don't honestly expect us to..."

Ron's fork clattered on his plate and looked over at his two friends. "So how long?"

They both blinked confused. "How long what?"

"How long has it no longer been, just pretend?" he asked annoyed. "Few days? Week? Was it ever just pretend? Was it ever just..."

"Wait a minute," Harry said quickly interrupting his ranting. "What are you talking about?"

"I saw you two...this morning," he said and saw both their faces turn red. "On the couch?"

"You...you saw us?" Hermione asked. "But...we didn't even hear anyone come in."

He let out a harsh laugh. "Well, that doesn't surprise me, you two could have been in the middle of the Great Hall and not notice anyone the way you two were going at it."

Harry felt him self flush with embarrassment. "Ron..."

"How could you have kept this from me? I'm your friend, did you think I'd be mad."

"Would you?" Hermione asked.

"Would I what?"

"Be mad...if we were together."

He sighed. "Of course not, why would I? I think it be great. I'm peeved that you two didn't tell me."

"Ron, we didn't tell you, because you never gave us a chance," Harry explained. "It just happened last night."

Ron paused and studied them to see if they were lying. "Last night?"

"Yes, Ron," Hermione said. "Last night. We would have told you today."

"Oh," he said awkwardly. "Er....Sorry, I just kind of...assumed that..."

"It's okay, Ron," Harry assured him. "We're just relieved that you're okay with this."

"I'm fine with it. As long as you guys are happy."

"We are," Harry said as he shared a look with Hermione and smiled at her before he leaned over and kissed her gently.

"Aww, come on guuuys," Ron whined. "You're not gonna be one of those annoying couples that kiss in public all the time, are you?"

Harry pulled away and grinned at his friend. "What? You mean like you and Julia?"

Ron's ears turned pink. "We are not like that."

Just then Julia sat down next to him. "Hey sweetie," she said and greeted him with a long kiss.

Harry and Hermione stifled a laugh. "I rest my case," he muttered before he took a bite of his eggs.

Ron gave him a sarcastic scowl. "Let's go before we're late for Hagrid's class."

Hermione and Harry joined hands and Ron kissed Julia good bye in the hall way and the three of them made their way to Hagrid's hut. They played with Stinkywinks again and their smells got stronger the more time they spent with them. Harry's unfamiliar scent was getting stronger, but he was still confused on what it was. "I just don't get it," Harry said puzzled as the Stinkywinks were put back in their cages. "It smells wonderful and familiar...but I can't put my finger on it."

"Don't worry, Harry, it'll come to you when you're not thinking about it," Hermione said as she looped her arm through his while they walked back to the castle.

Harry stopped short suddenly. "Hang on..."

"What is it?" she asked puzzled.

"I can...I can still smell it?" he said as he turned to her. "Why do I smell it, I'm nowhere near the Stinkywinks."

"Maybe the scent is nearby?" she suggested. Harry looked at her and then suddenly pulled her in his arms and nuzzled her neck. "Harry," she giggled. "What are you..."

"It's you," he said as he lifted his head to look at her.

"What?" she asked with a laugh.

He smiled brightly as he playfully pulled her back and nuzzled her neck again. "It's you....you're perfume...you're scent, that's what it is!"

She laughed. "Really? All this time?"

"Yeah," he chuckled and then kissed her neck before pulling away. "I was too blind to notice....or uh...my scent was off track...you know what I mean."

She laughed as she leaned up and kissed him. "You're pretty cute, you know that?"

He gave her a lopsided grin. "Cute huh? How cute?"

"Very cute," she said as she circled her arms around his neck. "Downright precious."

He snorted in disgust. "Precious? Hell no, I'm too manly and masculine to be precious...I'm more...handsome and sexy."

She chuckled. "Yeah, okay Harry," she teased as she finally turned and walked towards the school.

"Hey," Harry pouted as he followed her. "I sensed a hint of sarcasm there."

"Me? Nooo!"

"Smartass," he muttered.

"What was that, dear?"

"Nice ass," he said with a cheeky grin. "I said you have a nice ass."

She looked at him sternly trying not to laugh. "Uh huh...sure you did."

He laughed as he grabbed her hand while they walked inside. "Okay so maybe I used another term before ass....but you do have a nice one at that."

"Gee...how romantic," she teased. "You really know how to sweep a lady off her feet."

He smiled and leaned down and kissed her. "I do my best."