Unofficial Portkey Archive

Its Just Pretend by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Its Just Pretend

Harrys Mistress

This chapter was automatically imported from the story archive available on /r/HPharmony.

Please report any issues by using the Report as broken button!

Chapter Four

Harry and Hermione walked hand in hand down the corridors as they made their way to the Great Hall. Harry had looked over at her to see her biting on her bottom lip. He smiled as he squeezed her fingers. "It's gonna be okay, Mione."

"I know," she said a little too quickly.

Harry stopped right outside the double doors and turned to face her. "I mean it Herm...if we want to do this we have to go in there with confidence. We smile and pretend we are a happy couple in love, okay? That can't be too hard right? We love each other right?"

She had to smile. "Yes, you know I do...but not in..."

"That way, I know," he finished for her. "That's why it's called pretend. Didn't you ever use to play it as a kid?"

"All the time."

"Exactly, so you should be a pro at it." He then surprised her when he lifted their joint fingers and kissed it. "Relax."

The feel of his lips on her skin made all the nerves and anxiety melt away. She sighed in content. "I'm ready."

Together, they walked into the Great Hall with happy smiles plastered on their faces as they gazed at each other. They noticed people pointing and whispering at them as they walked by, but neither were surprised. "Gossip always travels fast here at Hogwarts," Harry said with a slight smile.

"Apparently," she muttered.

Harry just chuckled as he put an arm around her and pulled her next to him, before kissing her temple. Wow, Hermione thought. He was good at this.

"Morning," Harry said with a smile as they sat across from Julia and Ron.

Julia's eyes grew wide. "So...it IS true?" she asked and then squealed with delight when Harry and Hermione both nodded. "Oh, I'm so happy! I always thought you guys would be adorable together."

Harry blushed. "You did?"

"Yes...speaking of which," she said as she turned around to her boyfriend, flipping her long raven black hair that remarkably matched the color of Harry's. "I win the bet."

Ron paused with the fork full of eggs in mid air. "Huh?"

"The bet..remember?" she said smugly.

Ron dropped his fork when he remembered about the bet they made at the beginning of the school year. Julia was quite certain that Harry and Hermione would end up together, Ron of course laughed at the thought. She wanted a little wager on it. "But..but...this doesn't count!"

"What bet are you talking about?" Hermione asked.

"That you guys would end up together, he didn't believe it."

"It doesn't count!" he said and then flinched when Harry kicked him under the table. He bit his lip to keep from grunting but scowled at Harry.

"Why exactly does it not count, Ron?" Harry said between his teeth.

"He's just trying to get out of it," Julia said as he rubbed his back. "It's okay, Ron...I'll go easy on ya."

"What exactly was the wager?" Hermione asked.

"He's my slave for a whole week," Julia said with a grin.

"What kind of slave...like sex slave?" Harry teased with a laugh.

"Please, I'm not that kind of girl," Julia said as she tilted up her chin.

Ron snorted a laugh. "Could of fooled me or do you not remember the other night when you..." She didn't allow him to finish. She shoved her elbow in Ron's ribs right when he was about to sip on his pumpkin juice. "Argh...Jules!"

She giggled when it spilled down his shirt. "You get what you deserved."

Feeling sorry for him, Hermione murmured a cleaning spell and the stain disappeared. "Thanks Mione," he mumbled and then glared at Jules. "I think we should see other people."

"We'll see other people after my week," she said fully knowing he was teasing. She then kissed him quickly before standing up. "But right now I gotta go to class. See you guys later."

"Bye Jules," they all said randomly as they watched her walk away.

"This is not fair," Ron hissed quietly once she was gone. "I completely forgot about this bet! I need to tell her about you two so I don't..."

"No way," Hermione said before he could finish. "You are the only one that can know. Think of it this way, when she knows the truth, SHE can be your slave for a week."

Ron grinned slyly. "I always did like the way your brain worked, Mione."

"It's a gift," she said with a shrug and the three of them shared a laugh.

The laughter didn't last long. The presence of man walked up behind Harry and Hermione, looming over them. Ron looked up and by the look of his face they knew who it was. "You can't honestly expect anyone to believe this little game you're playing, do you?"

Harry turned around and stood up, sheltering Hermione behind him. Harry towered over Parker by an inch and Ron stood up on the other side of the table, on the verge of hurdling himself over the table if Parker started anything. "Course not, Parker," Ron said. "You're so full of yourself it must be difficult to believe that a smart girl like Hermione turned you down.

"I'm not here to talk to you, Weasley," Parker said.

"News flash," Harry said. "You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us."

"How noble," he smirked.

"Just go away, Parker," Hermione finally spoke up as she stood up behind Harry. She tried to step around, but Harry reached around and grabbed her wrist, silently telling her to stay behind him.

"You heard the lady," Harry said. "Hermione is with me, Parker. The sooner you realize it the better."

"So what....you go around holding hands and I'm suppose to believe you're dating?" He let out a laugh. "Anyone can do that. Sorry, I'm not buying it." He looked at Hermione. "I don't know why you're pulling away for me, Mione..."

"Don't call her that," Harry hissed between her teeth.

"I can call her whatever I want, you don't own it," Parker said getting defensive. It really did tick him off when his ego had been deflated.

"Yes we do," Ron said and finally had enough of his $hit. Gasps and shrieks filled the room when Ron stepped up onto the bench then walked over the table, silverware and glasses clinking together, before he landed next to Harry. "Leave her alone, Parker. I mean it, or I'll hex you to the next dimension."

"Fine...I'll leave," he said and then looked at Hermione. "You can't hide behind your bodyguards forever, Hermione...we will finish this."

"You touch my girlfriend and you die," Harry said firmly as he gripped Hermione's wrist more firmly.

Parker gave him a smug look before he turned and walked away. Hermione let out a sigh as she pressed her mouth against his shoulder, closing her eyes as she sighed. Harry immediately turned around and pulled her in his arms, coaxing and soothing her as he ran his hands up her back. He could barely hear the girls in the room, sighing and awing at the sight of them. "Are you okay, Mione?" he asked.

"Don't worry, Mione...he's a chicken $hit...he's not worth it," Ron said as he placed a hand on her shoulder while she was still in Harry's arms.

She finally leaned back and gave her two best friends a small smile. "What would I do without you guys?"

"I think the correct statement is, what would WE do without our Hermione," Harry said as he pushed back strands of her hair, caressing her cheek.

Hermione then smiled up at him, before sliding her arms round his waist bringing him back to a hug. Ron wrapped an arm around her as well, gently rubbing his back as her two best friends comforted her.

Every girl in the Great Hall was wishing that they were in Hermione Granger's shoes.