Unofficial Portkey Archive

Its Just Pretend by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Its Just Pretend

Harrys Mistress

This chapter was automatically imported from the story archive available on /r/HPharmony.

Please report any issues by using the Report as broken button!

Hey guys! Here's chapter 3:-) Don't forget, I'll be housesitting, but I'll update chapter 4 tomorrow morning before work if I can.

Harry was dressed and ready for the day and was waiting for Hermione to come down and Ron to join them. He had got in touch with Ron, using a certain spell that they conjured up in order for them to keep in touch since they now lived in different dorms. They would write letters to each other and then summon the letter so it would magically appear in the person's hand. He had written to Ron to tell him to come to their common room before breakfast, so him and Hermione could explain their little plan. Not that Ron would care anyway, he was completely crazy about Julia Ann Evans, a sixth year Gryffindor who was a year below them. Ron never gave her a second look until his sixth year when he first saw her during the Sorting ceremony.

"Harry, who's that...talking with my sister?" Ron asked in a daze.

Harry looked up to see Ron staring at someone, completely frozen in the process. He turned to see Ginny and a cute girl with long glossy black hair that was straight as a board and a smile that could warm any man's heart. "Wow...I don't know, but she sure is cute."

"Back off I saw her first," Ron said quickly as he playfully shoved him.

Harry looked back at him and couldn't help but laugh. "Go for it, by all means."

"Who are you guys drooling over now?" Hermione asked with a roll of her eyes.

"The blue eyed beauty talking to my sister," Ron managed to say as he rested his chin against his hand and stared dreamily at her.

Hermione blinked at his expression and then turned to the girl. "Oh, that's Julia."

"Who?" they both asked.

"Julia Ann Evans," she said with a roll of her eyes. "Honestly guys, she's been here since our second year, she's in Ginny's class."

Ron blinked. "You're kidding...why haven't I noticed her before?"

"Probably because she's changed, she didn't use to look like that. I mean she was always a cute girl but she's definitely grown up."

"I wonder if she digs redheads," Ron said with a sigh, causing both Hermione and Harry to share a look of amusement before laughing.

Apparently, Julia DID dig redheads and one in particular. Ginny had told Ron she had a crush on him since the day she came to Hogwarts. Ron eventually asked her out and they had been together since. They were attached to the hip. Harry was happy for him, for one thing he liked Julia a lot and could tell she would fit easily in their gang, and for another it finally got him over the stupid crush he had on Hermione. He didn't ever have to listen to his constant whining about her with other guys anymore. Now that he had Julia, all he cared about was that Hermione dated the right guy. He was just as protective of Hermione as Harry was.

"Hey," Hermione said with a smile as she walked into the common room.

Harry looked up to see Hermione freshly dressed into a pair of jeans and a nice orange fitted sweater. She wore her hair straight today and could tell she put on a little make up. "Hey, you changed."

"Yeah, I had to take a shower to get all the Parker grime off me," she teased as she sat next to him, drawing her knees up towards him.

Harry shifted up in his seat to turn to her. "Well, you look great."

She blushed slightly. "Thanks...had to look good enough to be on Harry Potter's arm."

He let out a laugh. "Yeah right...whatever. It's ME who doesn't deserve you....every single guy in Hogwarts has some kind of plan to try and snag you."

"And how would you know this?" she asked amused.

He shrugged. "I might have overheard some Ravenclaw guys talking about you." He sighed. "Let's just say, I was very close to going over there and beating the crap out of them all."

She winced. "That bad huh?"

"Yyyeah, but they ARE guys, I mean...Ron and I talk about girls like that, so I can't blame them really, ya know? I mean, they aren't attached to you the way I am."

"Aww, you're sweet," she said as she ruffled his hair.

"Hey, hey," he said as he pulled her hand away. "Don't mess up the hair, okay?"

She let out a laugh. "Whatever, like you can ever tame that thing...besides I like it better when it's messy." She then ruffled his hair again making them both laugh.

"Guys?" Ron called out.


"Yeah, in here Ron," Harry said with a laugh as he pushed Hermione away.

"Hey, what's so funny?" Ron asked as he sat down in one of the chairs.

"Nothing...thanks for coming by," Hermione said with a smile. "You won't believe the mess I got myself into."

"Um...excuse me?" Harry said.

"US....mess I got US into," she corrected with a roll of his eyes.

"What happened?" Ron asked.

"Well, I went to the library to study this morning and...."

"And what..."

"Parker showed up," Harry finished for her with resentment in his voice.

Ron's eyes clouded with anger. "What?" he hissed.

"Now Ron...."

"I'm gonna kill him," Ron said and stared to stand up, but Hermione reached out to stop him.

"Ron, sit down...you're not gonna kill anyone," Hermione sighed as she tugged his arm.

"Oh yeah? Watch me..."

Harry sighed. "I already did the death threats man, they don't work...might as well sit down."

"Fine," he grumbled as he sat back down. "What happened?"

Hermione sighed with relief. Sometimes it was just too tiring to have two overprotective male friends. "He didn't hurt me, he just cornered me and asked me to the Yule Ball."

"Guy can't take a hint," Ron muttered.

"I know..believe me, I know," Hermione said. "I lied of course and said I was going with someone else and....he asked if it was Harry and I said....uh

"Loud mouth here tells him yes," Harry finished for her a second time and did his famous pout.

"You what?" Ron asked.

"Oh, it gets better....she then tells him we're dating."

"Are you insane?" Ron asked.

Hermione let out a sigh. "Yes, apparently! Jeez.." She then slapped Harry's arm. "And why are you being a jerk again, you agreed to pretend."

"I did yes, but I can still pout!"

"Wait, agreed to what?" Ron asked curiously.

"We are going to date until the Yule Ball...just pretend though," Harry told him. "Hopefully, that'll get Parker off her back."

"What if he keeps pursuing her AFTER ya'll break up?" Ron asked.

"Then we stick to her like glue until graduation," Harry said firmly.

Ron nodded. "Good plan."

"Guys, I don't need a bodyguard!" Hermione exclaimed. "I can take care of myself." She turned to Harry. "All I need you to do is pretend we are dating and we can break up at the Yule Ball so you can have your precious time with Veronica, okay? Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to breakfast."

Harry let her go as far as standing up, before he grabbed her arm and yanked her back down. "You're not going anywhere while you are pissed at me."

"I'm not pissed at you," she said unconvincingly.

"Yes you are....if we are going to do this right, going out there while we are fighting isn't a convincing way to do it, Mione."

"Wow...you guys are good," Ron said as he blinked. "You even fight like a couple."

"Shut up, Ron," Hermione said.

Harry sighed. "We'll meet you at breakfast...I gotta cool this one down."

Hermione replied by hitting him with a pillow. Ron winced as he stood up. "Good luck...I gotta go meet Jules anyway. See ya around lovebiiiirds."

Hermione started to pounce at him, causing Ron to flinch and stumble backwards. Harry, fortunately for Ron's sake, was holding her back. "Get out of here before she starts baring claws."

"Have fun with her," Ron laughed before finally leaving the room.

"Mione, calm down," he said gently as he pulled her on his lap. "It's okay...I know we seem like jerks, but we're just trying to protect you."

"I don't need protection," she said even though she was already relaxing in his arms.

"No doubt you are a strong woman and could probably kick me and Ron's asses anytime," he said causing a chuckle to escape from Hermione. "But we love you, Mione...we'd do anything for you, you know."

She sighed as she leaned back against him. "I know."

Harry placed his chin on her shoulder. "Are you okay now?"

She took in a shaky breath as she tilted her head resting her temple against his. "Yeah, I'm sorry I snapped. I don't like this any more than you do."

"Listen Mione, pretending to be your boyfriend isn't going to be bad at all, come on...you're acting like it's gonna be open heart surgery or something. We're going to have fun with this okay?"

She smiled slightly. "Okay."

"I'm still not convinced," he said and poked her in the ribs.

She giggled as she flinched. "Okay, okay....just don't tickle me."

"Deal," he said with a smile and then slapped her legs as he leaned up motioning her to do the same. They grabbed their cloaks and got situated before Harry grinned and held out his hand. "Ready to go, love?"

She smiled and slipped her hand in his warm one. Funny, whenever Harry held her hand in any way, whether it was for comfort or any other reason....she always felt safe. She gave him a friendly squeeze. "Ready as ever."