Unofficial Portkey Archive

Its Just Pretend by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Its Just Pretend

Harrys Mistress

This chapter was automatically imported from the story archive available on /r/HPharmony.

Please report any issues by using the Report as broken button!

What's up guys! Okay, since I got a whole bunch of replies today I'll post again tonight. And after this chapter, there's one more, than the Epilouge. The Epilouge is nice and long, too. I'm also working on a NC-17 story which will be kind of like a long one shot. Maybe like 3 chapters. It's called, "A Night to Remember" so be looking out for that. I'm hoping to have the first part of that posted by tomorrow, but can't make any promises. Thanks again for all your support!

****************

The days flew by and Harry and Hermione became closer as a couple. The only times when they were apart was during their classes they didn't share or Quidditch practice which Hermione sometime attended. Parker seemed to finally back off, but so his ego wasn't bruised he started saying rude and nasty things about her. Everyone ignored him though and stood up for Hermione. The only person that hung around Parker was Kirsten, who was still jealous and angry at Hermione.

Hermione loved it. She had never been so happy and she knew it was because of a certain boy named Harry Potter. He was everything she ever wanted in a boyfriend. He was kind and compassionate towards her. He treated her with respect and never acted like he owned her in any way. He made her laugh, he made her feel desired and wanted. He made her feel beautiful.

The weekend came and the Gryffindor/Slytherin match finally took place. The game was long because Draco and Harry both put up a fight in finding the Snitch. The Gryffindor Chasers were better though and had a large lead. Draco had definitely improved over the years, Harry could tell after two long hours had passed. It was close, but in the end Harry finally pulled through and caught the Snitch.

The day of the Yule Ball was finally here and Dumbledor allowed another visit to Hogsmeade for last minute shopping. Harry, Ron and Draco were sitting at a table at The Three Broomsticks, while the girls were off doing girl stuff. So the guys decided to go out for some butter beers and do some male bonding.

"I have to tell you, Potter," Draco said with a grin. "It was the first time I actually didn't mind loosing to you."

"Really, why's that?" he asked even though he had an idea by the look on Draco's face.

"Let's just say I didn't mind loosing the bet with Ginny," he said with a chuckle. "Man, it was great, she..."

Ron slapped his hands over his ears. "Ahh! Don't want to hear it!"

"Oh come on, Ron grow up," Draco said.

"She's my sister, Draco I don't want to know if she...."

"Is she a good kisser?" Harry asked.

"Harry!" Ron exclaimed.

"What? I want to know."

"I could kiss her all day and all night....incredible," Draco said before he took a skip of his drink.

Ron grumbled and pouted.

"What about Hermione?" Draco asked. "How is she on a scale from one to ten?"

"Eleven," he answered with a grin.

"See, this really sucks for me," Ron interrupted. "Because I can't really talk guy talk with you, since you are dating my sister and Harry here's dating Hermione who I THINK of as a sister."

"Get over it, Ron...just forget who we're talking about," Harry said.

"So have you and Hermione slept together yet?" Draco asked casually.

Harry choked on his drink causing a chuckle from both his friends. "Excuse me?" he asked as he wiped his mouth. "I certainly don't think that's any of your business."

"Harry...I'm disappointed...this is guy talk, usually in guy talk, the two hot topics are, Quidditch, girls and sex...last two are kind of run in the same topic."

"I'd have to agree with, Draco on this one," Ron said.

"Fine," Harry said as he started to get embarrassed. "Then the answer is no...not yet, we're taking it slow."

"Don't you think you've waited long enough?" Draco asked. "I mean, how long have you two waited for this? Two years?"

"More like seven...but we didn't realize it until now," Harry said with a sigh. "I honestly don't know when we are going to take that next step and that's how I like it. I don't want to plan it...when it's meant to happen, it'll happen."

"Aww....that's so sweet it brings a tear to my eye," Draco said as he wiped away an invisible tear.

Ron chuckled softly, but also gave his friend some slack. "Don't worry, Harry we know what you're going through. With Julia, we took it real slow and didn't rush. When the time was right, it was special...for the both of us."

"Yeah," Draco agreed. "The first time Ginny and I took that step was the night I got released from the hospital, after the battle with Voldemort." Draco saw Ron stiffen at the corner of his eye, but was grateful he kept his feelings to himself. "It was special, because we both realized how close we came to losing each other. It seemed the right time."

Ron cleared his throat. "Well...as you can see, Harry. It'll happen when it happens."

"Since when did my love life become the main topic of the conversation?" he asked causing all three of them to laugh.

Draco finally held up his beer. "A toast...to being manly men..."

Ron held up his glass. "To guys night out...."

Harry held up his with a grin. "And to our beautiful and sexy girls who know how to show us a wild and crazy time."

"Here, here!" they both said and the three of them clinked their glasses together.

****************

Harry stood by his mirror, looking at himself as he fiddled with his robe and hair to make sure he looked all right. He was nervous. Funny, he didn't think he would be, but he found that his stomach was in knots. He took a deep breath. "Okay, Harry....just relax. It's just the Yule Ball and it's just Hermione."

"Just Hermione?" his mirror asked him. "The girl you've known since you were eleven? The girl you've always loved? The girl that means everything to you? Just Hermione? The girl who..."

"Okay, okay I get it," he interrupted. "I'm nervous enough as it is. How do I look anyway?"

"You look like Harry."

Harry grinned. "Good answer," he said and then turned away from the mirror towards the door. "I gotta go before I'm late."

"Have fun, dear," the mirror called out before he closed the door. He walked down the stairs and wasn't surprised to see that Hermione was still getting ready. He spent the time waiting, by pacing the floor by the fire and didn't stop until he heard a squeak from the stairs. He looked up and his heart literally fell to the pit of his stomach and his jaw dropped to the floor. She looked absolutely breathtaking. He forgot to breath just looking at her. "Wow," he finally said as she made her way down. She was draped in a periwinkle robe and her long flowing hair was pinned up at the top of her head, minus a few curly tendrils that caressed the sides of her face.

"Hey," she said with a smile as she walked up to him.

"Hi," he said smiling brightly. "I'm afraid to touch you....you look so exquisite I don't want to mess you up."

She laughed softly. "I promise you, I won't break and I promise that if you don't touch and mess me up later tonight, I will curse you myself."

His brows rose. "Oooh, is that a threat?"

"You better believe it, Potter," she said and then leaned up and kissed him softly on the lips. "Mmm....you smell nice."

"I do? Well, I figured I might as well shower for you, I mean it IS the Yule Ball."

"How sweet," she teased. "Always kind and generous."

"Always," he said and then held out his arm. "Shall we? We're suppose to meet the rest of the gang at the doors of the Great Hall."

"Certainly," she said and then looped her arm through his and together they walked out of their private common room.

The halls were slightly full of different couples heading to the Ball and the music could already be heard from a distance. It grew louder the closer they got to the Great Hall and when they arrived at the double doors, a crowd was swarming near the door as they waited to get into the ball. "Hey guys, over here," Ron said who was waiting off to the side with Julia.

"Hey," Harry greeted with a smile. "Jules...you look nice, tell me again why you're with Ron?"

Julia giggled when Ron playfully pushed Harry. "Because I find him absolutely adorable."

"There, hear that?" Ron asked Harry smugly. "I'M adorable."

"In a cute dorky way," Julia finished.

Harry and Hermione hooted with laughter and Ron scowled at his girlfriend. "Hey! You're suppose to think I'm dashing and charming."

She grinned. "I do Ron," she said and kissed him gently. "I think you're perfect."

He smiled softly. "Okay, where is Ginny and Draco, I'm ready to take my girlfriend out on the dance floor."

"They're they are," Hermione said when he saw their faces emerge from the crowd.

"Sorry we're late," Draco said. "We got...um...."

"Sidetrack," Ginny finished for him and Ron could have sworn she was blushing.

"Yeah, yeah, let's just go," Ron said as he clasped his fingers with Julia.

The six of them made their way through the crowd until finally they were inside. Tables and chairs were scattered all over the room, but there was a big enough space left in the middle. Snowflakes were falling from the ceiling and firelight decorated the room to add a little romance effect. "It's beautiful," Hermione whispered and then turned to Harry. "And I'm so glad I get to spend it with you."

Harry leaned down and kissed her. "Ditto," he said with a wink. "Now let's dance."

"I could dance with you all night," Harry whispered in Hermione's ear as they swayed gently to the music.

"Really?" she asked amused. "You always hated dancing."

"Not anymore," he said as he nuzzled her neck. "I thoroughly enjoy dancing with you. Gives me an excuse to get close to you."

She sighed as she wrapped her arms around his neck, bringing their bodies closer together. "I like it, too," she said dreamily as she laid her cheek against his broad chest. She loved being near him. His comforting warmth and masculine smell was such a reassurance to her that he was there and safe.

"What's going to happen when schools over?" he asked as his hands lazily roamed up and down her back.

"I don't know. As long as we're together, I'll be happy."

He smiled brightly. "We will be....I promise."

"Excuse me," Ron said to them, causing them to pull apart. "Can I cut in? I'd like to dance with my best friend."

"Aww," Harry said as he held out his arms to Ron. "Of course I'll dance with you, Ronnikens."

"Eww, not you!" he exclaimed as he pushed him away, causing everyone to laugh. "I would like to dance with, Mione."

He chuckled. "Suit yourself," he said as he allowed him to take Hermione. "I'll just have a go with Jules then."

"Just keep your hands where I can see them," Ron told him as Harry pulled a giggling Julia in his arms.

"Same goes, buddy," Harry said teasingly and then smiled at Harry. "It's time for you to know how a real man can dance."

Julia yelped in surprise when Harry dipped her dramatically and then yanked her back out. "Wow," she laughed. "You really know how to treat a girl."

He smiled and then twirled her around. "I try my best Miss Evans," he said with a wink.

"Mione's a lucky girl," she told him when they finally settled down and started to dance.

"I love her very much."

"Have you told her that yet?"

"Sure tons of times."

She shook her head. "No, I meant since you've started dating. And I know about how you two pretended at first....Ron told me."

"Oh...well, no I haven't," he said with a sigh. "I'll have to tell her tonight. I know she knows I love her, but..."

"It's different when she hears it," she told him. "It's very special when a girl hears those special three words."

He nodded. "I know. And I'm sorry we lied to you, we just...."

She held up her hand. "Don't apologize, I understand. I actually find it even more romantic that it started out as just pretend. It finally opened your eyes, didn't it?"

"It sure as hell did," he admitted. "I'm almost angry at myself for not seeing it sooner."

"Don't worry about the past, Harry. You're with her now and you have a promising future with her."

"Thanks, Jules," he said and then gave her a hug. "I love you, too...you know that right?"

She smiled. "I know...I love you as well."

"Okay, I'd like to have my girlfriend back please," Ron grumbled as he eyed his best friend and girl hugging.

Harry grinned as he pulled away. "Sure thing, Ron....I'm missing my girl anyway."

Hermione smiled as he walked back into his arms and welcomed his kiss. "Miss me?"

"Yes...longest three minutes of my life," he whispered and then kissed her lips. "Wanna get out of here?"

She closed her eyes and felt chills run down her spine when Harry pressed her tightly against him. Their foreheads touched as they both felt the longing for each other take over them. She finally nodded. "Yes....let's head back to the common room."

His heart skipped a beat in anticipation. "You read my mind," he said and then kissed her quickly before grabbing her hand and leading her out the dance floor.

He had a feeling that neither of them would forget tonight and what they shared.