Unofficial Portkey Archive

Caught by dragonsangel68
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Caught

dragonsangel68

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters you may recognize from the wonderful world of Harry Potter, they all belong to the revered JK Rowling, I just like to play with them a little.

CHAPTER FOUR

I'M SORRY FATHER

No one had told Draco what was going to happen to him. He was still on the floor naked, and not even his father had offered to cover him up. Professor Dumbledore and Professor Snape had arrived, only to be ushered into the front room immediately, apparently for a discussion with Arthur Weasley and the formidable Malfoy patriarch.

Ginny had not moved from the chair she had been placed in earlier. She kept glancing over at Draco, but his gaze was firmly fixed on the door leading to the room where the men were convening. She had no idea what they were going to do to him, but what disturbed her most was the fact that Lucius Malfoy did not seem to be putting up much of a fight for his only son.

As the four older wizards came back into the kitchen, Draco looked pleadingly to his father and godfather, but neither would meet his eyes. Their faces were set in stony expressions that were unreadable, even to Draco, who knew them both implicitly.

"It seems we have a plans to make," Arthur intoned to the room full of people.

Lucius glowered at Arthur. "You agreed that I could speak with my son alone."

"Of course, everyone out. Bill, Charlie, bring Ginny. I will inform Molly of the…arrangement."

The entire Weasley clan and friends left the kitchen immediately. Bill and Charlie had to practically carry their sister from the room, as she made no effort to join the family.

"Father?" Draco said as soon as the door to the front room had closed.

Lucius strode across the room and stood over his son. He resisted the urge to reach down and simply knock the boy's head off. Never in his life had he imagined his son's future taking such a turn. "Well, a fine mess you have managed to get yourself into this time."

"I'm sorry, Father."

"You are only sorry you got caught, Draco."

"I didn't mean…"

"Yes, yes… You didn't mean to get caught," Lucius snapped impatiently.

"No, I…"

"What on earth were you even thinking touching that filth? A Weasley for Merlin's sake! She is beneath you."

"At one point or another I should imagine," Severus quipped sourly.

"She's not…"

"They are Blood Traitors, not worthy of our scorn," Lucius railed wildly.

"Ginny's not like them," Draco yelled back.

"Oh? Tell me, what is the little trollop like?" Lucius replied in a dangerously low tone.

"She's not a trollop," Draco growled, his jaw clenched tightly.

"Was she good, boy?" Lucius sneered at him.

"It's not like that."

"I cannot imagine any other reason you would have to lower yourself so far as to share a bed with a Weasley harlot."

"She's not a harlot either."

"Not a harlot?" Lucius raised an eyebrow in incredulity. "Well perhaps the definition has changed. Severus you are the Professor among us, enlighten us; has the definition of harlot changed?" Lucius mocked.

"Not to my knowledge."

"No I didn't think so," Lucius drawled cruelly.

"Father, Ginny is not like that, she was a virgin until I…"

"Until you what? Until you persuaded the silly little bitch to spread her legs for you? I wager that wasn't difficult. She probably jumped at the chance! What makes you so sure she will remain faithful? What makes you so sure you are right about her?"

"She's not like that, she's decent."

"That little piece of trash is no better than the sluts I throw a couple of Sickles at for their services."

"YOU BASTARD," Draco roared, fury and indignation on behalf of his mother bubbled up in his chest.

Lucius bent at the waist, placing his hands under Draco's arms, pulling him roughly to his feet before slamming him into the wall. The thought that the entire house would begin falling around their ears passed briefly through his mind as the wall trembled with the impact.

"You do not seem to understand your position, boy, this unfortunate misdemeanor will haunt you for the rest of your life."

"What do you mean? What is to happen to me?" Draco asked nervously.

"You are to be married to Ginevra Weasley," Lucius stated coldly through gritted teeth, while a vein on his temple twitching apoplectically.

"What?"

"It has been decided in accordance with the laws that govern us."

"Surely there are other options?" Draco whined.

"There are," Lucius conceded, shooting a pointed glance towards Severus.

"Hm, let's see, naked and dead, or married?" Severus sneered, as he looked Draco up and down. "Those are your options, boy."

Draco stared at his godfather incredulously; he quite obviously was not happy about being summoned, and was not in a sympathetic mood.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Lucius sighed heavily. "You are aware that many of the laws governing us in the wizarding world are centuries old. There is a section of the law that states if a wizard is caught - shall we say - with his pants down, he must marry the maiden he has defiled, or face a penalty of death by the maiden's family. Weasley seems intent on following though with archaic ruling, and there is little I can do about it."

"What if I refuse to marry her?"

"Her family is permitted to kill you however they see fit."

There was a nasty gleam in his father's eye, and Draco decided not to push the limits of Lucius's temper.

A strangled noise escaped Draco's throat as he looked from his father to his godfather, realizing that there was absolutely nothing they could do to help him. He would have to marry Ginevra Weasley whether he liked it or not. Draco swallowed hard. "I guess I'm getting married then."

"A judicious choice."

Severus smirked nastily. "At least until Narcissa hears about it."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AUTHORS NOTES

I'd like to thank my livejournal friends for their encouragement to finish this fic and their hilarious suggestions that enabled me to do so.

Special thanks to vequihellin and rainpuddle13 for their fantastic beta skills *hugs*


-->