Unofficial Portkey Archive

Dreams Can Come True by MisCard
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Dreams Can Come True

MisCard


~A/N> Finally, I got this chapter done! I know I said this would be the last, but it's not. There will be one short chapter after this one and then the story will be finished. Thank you for all the lovely reviews and thanks to poppywillow for helping me get through this chapter when it felt like my brain was going to explode :) I hope y'all enjoy all the romantic fluffiness!!! Oh, and I've started on a new story called "Nanny Wanted", I have two chapters written so be on the lookout for it. I may post it soon. And I will be finishing "The Razors Edge" and "The Light Within", I have been working on new chapters for all my stories a little every night. It all depends on my mindset, which one I work on. Enjoy and please review!


Four days after Daniel was born, Hermione was able to return to her and Harry's flat. Now, four weeks later, Hermione felt like the three of them were a family, and her heart was so full it felt ready to burst.

"Hermione?" Harry called, walking into the nursery. He stopped as he noticed Hermione feeding Daniel and a small smile spread across his face as he asked, "Does he ever fill up? Every time I see you you're feeding him."

"That's because you always seem to seek me out at feeding times," Hermione replied with a smile, "I think you do it on purpose so that you can sneak a peek at my goodies."

"You're goodies?" Harry repeated, laughing. Taking a calming breath he said, "No, there was another reason I've hunted you down. Would you like to go out tonight, just you and me? Molly has offered to watch Daniel, she even said she would love to keep him overnight if you think you'd like a little break."

Hermione looked at him thoughtfully, wondering if she was ready to spend a night away from Daniel. She had plenty of milk stored in the refrigerator, so that wasn't a problem, and Molly had raised seven children of her own so she knew that he would be well looked after...but could she get by without holding him in her arms for just one night?

Realizing that she and Harry had not been able to spend much time alone together, Hermione pushed away the nervous thoughts of being away from Daniel and said, "That sounds lovely."

"Great," Harry replied, relieved, "I'll just go floo Molly back and let her know."

Hermione watched him leave and looking down at the baby she said, "Molly will take wonderful care of you and I know you'll be alright...it's me I'm worried about."

~*~

Two hours later, Harry was in Ron's flat, talking to Luna through his fireplace. "Are you sure she's going to like this?" Harry asked nervously.

"She'll love it Harry, so just relax and enjoy your night together," Luna replied with a smile.

"And you're sure that you and Ron are okay with everything?" he asked, watching her expectantly.

"I told you that I'm fine with it," Luna answered, "And as long as I'm okay with it, Ron is too."

"Alright then," Harry said, "I'd best be going so that I can make sure everything is perfect."

"Good luck Harry," Luna said, "And make sure you floo or owl me tomorrow to let me know how it goes, alright?"

"I will," he said, and with a quick goodbye, he pulled his head out of the flames and heaved a sigh of relief.

"You alright Mate?" Ron asked with a concerned look, "You look a bit green."

"I'll be fine once tonight is over," Harry replied. "Now, you're sure you're okay with everything? If you're not, I want to know."

"It's fine by me," Ron answered, "The bigger, the better."

"Thanks Mate," Harry said, slapping him on the shoulder in a manly version of a hug, "Wish me luck."

"Good luck, even though I know you won't need it," Ron replied with a reassuring smile, "Go enjoy your alone time with Hermione, you'll be fine."

"Right," Harry said, feeling extremely nervous now, "I guess I should get going, I don't want to be late."

"Mum should be at your flat by now," Ron said, glancing at the clock on the wall.

Throwing a handfull of floo powder into the fireplace, Harry said, "I'll owl you tomorrow to let you know how everything goes."

Ron nodded his head in acknowledgment and watched as Harry called out "Potter Residence", stepped into the flames and spun off to his flat. "Like there's any chance she'll say no," he muttered to himself while returning back to the sitting room to listen to a football match on the wireless.

~*~

After practically dragging Hermione out into the sitting room so that they could leave, Harry said a quick goodbye to Molly and grabbed on to Hermione's hand, pulling her out the front door. When Harry summoned his broom Hermione looked at him and asked, "We're flying?"

"Yeah," Harry replied, "It's the only way to get to where we're going."

"Have I ever told you that I don't like to fly?" she asked with obvious fear in her eyes.

Harry turned her so that she was looking directly at him and taking her hands in his he asked, "Do you trust me?"

Without a moment's hesitation she said, "Yes."

"I promise to go slow and I will be very, very careful," Harry assured her.

"Alright," she said, obviously nervous.

Harry mounted the broom and waited as she climed on behind him. When she wrapped her arms tightly around his stomach he guided the broom off the ground and into the night sky, going slowly as he promised.

Hermione laid her head on his back, closing her eyes as they ascended and didn't open them until Harry said, "Isn't the night sky beautiful?"

"I don't know, I can't see it," she replied.

She heard and felt the deep rumble of his laughter and then he said, "Open your eyes, you're missing out."

When she opened her eyes she gasped at the view before her. They were flying just above the housetops and above them there were wispy clouds and twinkling stars. The moon was shining bright enough for her to see almost everything below them and she said, "Oh my goodness, that is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen."

After that, the two were quiet as Hermione watched the scenery and Harry concentrated on not scaring her. Finally he saw his destination and started their descent, causing Hermione to tighten her hold on him again.

When they both had their feet firmly on the ground they dismounted the broom and Hermione looked around at their surroundings. "Where are we?" she asked.

"We are by the Lake at Hogwarts," Harry replied. Grabbing her hand he led her a few steps up a small hill and when they reached the top he heard Hermione's sharp intake of breath as she spotted the Castle.

"It's beautiful," she whispered reverently, her eyes taking in every turret, "But are we supposed to be here? I mean, won't we get in trouble?"

"No," he replied, "Headmistress McGonagall gave me permission to bring you here tonight."

Hermione smiled at him, surprised at the planning he had put into their night together. He tugged lightly on her hand and the two started walking toward one of the trees by the lake. When they got closer Hermione could see the initials HP carved into it's trunk and when she turned toward Harry he said, "I spent a lot of time sitting underneath this tree while I was here. It was somewhere I could be alone, without the watchful eyes of the other Professors and students, and I could think about things or just relax...if only for a little while."

Hermione leaned over and kissed him, hating the sad expression he wore as he spoke of his schooling. He responded by pulling her flush against him and wrapping his arms around her tightly while deepening the kiss. When they separated they were both slightly out of breath and both wore smiles on their faces, feeling happier than they ever had before.

Harry led her over to where a small picnic had been laid out on a blanket on the ground and waited for her to carefully sit down before sitting himself. As he pulled the food out of the picnic hamper, Hermione had opened a bottle of wine and poured them two glasses. "It'll be nice to enjoy a glass of wine," she said, handing him one of the glasses, "Since Molly has Daniel I don't have to worry about him getting any of the alcohol through my milk tonight."

Harry smiled at her and raising his glass slightly he said, "Here's to you, Hermione, the most beautiful, intelligent, loving person I've ever had the pleasure of knowing."

Hermione raised her glass, carefully touching it to his and said, "And here's to you Harry, the most handsome, loving, caring person I've ever had the pleasure of knowing and I love you so much."

"I love you too," he replied, staring into her eyes as he took a drink of the amber liquid.

The two of them proceeded to eat the delicious food that Dobby, one of Hogwarts house elves, had prepared for them and exchanged small talk about anything and nothing. Hermione was having such a good time that thankfully, even though he was always in the back of her mind, she didn't obsess on whether Daniel was doing okay or not without her.

After finishing dessert, Harry put everything away and then situated himself so that he was sitting in front of Hermione, face to face. When Hermione noticed the strange look on his face she asked, "Harry? Are you okay? You look ill."

Clearing his throat and taking a calming breath, Harry replied, "I'm fine. I, um...well, you know how much I love and care about you, right?"

"Of course I do," Hermione answered, giving him a bewildered look, "There's not many blokes out there that would have stood by a woman that was pregnant by another man, but you did, and you made sure that I was well taken care of. Not to mention that you treat Daniel as if he were your own son."

"I think of him as my own," Harry said, "He's a part of you, and he is so amazing. I watch him grow, in one way or another, every day and it doesn't matter how bad of a day I've had, the minute he's in my arms it's like all my problems never existed. He's special to me, and so are you."

Hermione smiled at him, her eyes shining with tears, wondering how she had been so lucky to find Harry. An image flashed through her mind and she gave a small laugh which made Harry ask, "What's so funny?'

"I was just remembering the day we met," she replied, "I remember how I thought you just wanted to bed me so you could add another notch to your bedpost."

"You did?" he said, "I just remember how I was struck by your beauty and I knew that I wanted to get to know you better. Bedding you would have been an added bonus."

Hermione laughed again, feeling giddy and relaxed. She couldn't believe how far the two of them had come since that first day...but here they were, having a picnic by the lake as a couple, and she had never been happier in her life.

"Hermione?" Harry asked, pulling her from her thoughts, "Wow, you were a million miles away just then."

"Sorry," she replied, "I was just thinking how extremely happy I am."

"I'm happy too," Harry agreed, "Which is why I brought you here tonight." Harry took one of her hands in both of his and gazing into her eyes he said, "Hermione, since the first day I met you, you brought something into my life that I had never experienced before. I was lost, just kind of existing from day to day, wondering what purpose my life had since I had defeated Voldemort. When I saw you, somehow I knew that you were someone I needed to know, and that you might be able to fill the void I had felt for quite a while. Now, I have everything that I had ever wished or hoped for, and it's all because of you." Harry swallowed nervously as he reached into the pocket of his trousers and pulled out the ring he had purchased just the day before. Holding her hand with his left hand and presenting the ring to her in his right Harry asked, "Hermione, will you marry me?"

Hermione looked at him with tears gently falling down her cheeks and a wide smile on her face as she said, "Of course I will."

Harry let out the breath he had been holding as a huge smile spread across his face. With a shaky hand, he let go of her right hand and grabbed a hold of her left, clumsily sliding the ring onto the appropriate finger.

He watched as she lifted her hand closer to her face and said, "Oh Harry, it's such a beautiful ring."

"It doesn't compare to you," he said, "You are the most beautiful woman in the world."

"I think you're biased," Hermione teased, and then growing serious she said, "I can't believe we're engaged. It just seems so surreal and wonderful...I'm almost afraid that I'm dreaming and that I'll wake up and realize that this night never happened."

"You're not dreaming," Harry said, "We're going to be married...soon if you agree to what I've been thinking about."

"How soon?" Hermione asked expectantly as a delicious thrill of excitement ran through her as she realized she could be Mrs. Harry Potter in just a short amount of time. The fact that Harry wanted to marry her so quickly only added to the excitement and happiness she felt.

"Erm, well...I spoke to Luna and Ron the other day, when I told them what I was planning, and they both said that they would love for their wedding day to be our wedding day as well," Harry replied, the hint of nervousness back in his voice as he watched Hermione's reaction.

"But that's...that's only three months away!" she exclaimed, trying to grasp everything that Harry was telling her.

"Actually, Luna suggested we have it on my birthday," he replied, "She said that way I'll have something wonderfully happy to celebrate on a day that I've grown up loathing since my Aunt and Uncle refused to acknowledge it."

Hermione looked at him sadly and said, "Luna is so wise...that sounds like a wonderful idea."

"Really?" Harry asked, his expression brightening after the thoughts of his unhappy childhood, "So then we'll have a double wedding with Ron and Luna on July 31st."

"July 31st," Hermione repeated, still unable to grasp the reality that was being presented to her. Not only was she going to be Mrs. Harry Potter, but it was going to happen in just three short months.

"I love you," Harry said, gazing into her eyes and causing a shiver to run through her with his intensity.

"I love you too," she replied, bringing her hand up to caress his cheek.

Harry leaned in and kissed her tenderly, putting all of his love for her into it, not really knowing how else to show her just how much love he felt for her. When they seperated Harry asked, "Are you ready to go home?"

"That sounds lovely," Hermione replied.

The two of them gathered everything together and Harry placed them under their tree so that Dobby could come to get it once they were gone. As they mounted Harry's broom Hermione said, "Thank you so much for the lovely evening Harry, it's one that I'll never forget."

"I'll never forget it either," he replied, lifting them gently into the air and making his way toward home, 'and hopefully it's not over yet,' he thought to himself as a small smile formed on his face.

~*~

Once they were back at the flat, Harry walked in and smiled at the sight that greeted them. Before taking Daniel back to the Burrow, Molly had placed candles throughout the house, setting a romantic mood. On the Kitchen table sat a beautiful vase of roses that Harry had ordered beforehand along with a bottle of champagne and two crystal flutes that he requested be delivered magically along with the roses.

Hermione gasped as she walked in and saw the candles, her heart beating just a bit faster as she realized that her special night with Harry was far from being over. Harry walked over to her and took hold of her hand, leading her into the Kitchen where she saw a beautiful bouquet of roses and a bottle of champagne with two glasses sitting on the table.

Hermione looked at Harry, the flickering candlelight reflecting in his eyes as he gazed back at her, and her breath caught as she saw the intense look of desire there. When he stepped closer to her and wrapped his arms around her she felt a wave of hot desire surge through her veins and realized that tonight they would finally give in to the primal connection they had felt for so long. When he started to slowly walk forward, guiding her carefully out of the Kitchen and through the Sitting Room, her legs almost buckled as she thought of what they were about to do.

When they finally reached the door to his room, he broke their kiss only long enough to open it and then guided her to his bed where he gently pushed her down onto it. He followed her, laying his body on top of hers and reclaiming her lips in a passionate kiss. Without really realizing what they were doing thanks to the passion induced haze they were both floating in, they were both divested of their clothing and lay skin-to-skin, marveling at the feelings the simple act invoked in them.

Harry proceeded to explore every part of her, marvelling in the silkiness of her skin and the beauty of her body. Feeling drunk off of the sweetness of her skin and the love that he felt for her, Harry positioned himself above her and guided himself toward the opening that would join their souls forever. Gently pushing into her a little at a time, for fear of hurting her, he clenched his teeth as the feel of her surrounding him almost drove him over the edge. He searched her face, looking for any sign that she may be in pain, and was met with the most beautiful sight he had ever seen. Her eyes were hooded and slightly glazed over, her cheeks were tinged pink, and her lips were swollen from the kisses they shared. Harry knew in that instant that his heart and soul would never belong to anyone else.

Hermione lay under him, overwhelmed by the feelings of love and desire that she felt for Harry and awed at their magnitude. He was being so patient and tender that it brought tears to her eyes.

When he was completely sheathed inside her, Harry closed his eyes and concentrated on not losing control. Breathing deeply, he opened his eyes and focused on her face once again, and noticing the tears in her eyes he asked, "Am I hurting you?"

"No, no, you feel wonderful," she replied quietly, "I just...I never dreamed it could be like this and it's just...overwhelming. I'm sorry."

"Don't be," he said, "I know what you mean."

Harry bent down and kissed her while pulling out of her at the same time. This time, he pushed in just a little faster and heard Hermione gasp and then moan, alleviating his fear that he had pushed too hard. Taking his cues from Hermione, Harry sped up his pace, plunging deeper and deeper into her.

She felt a tight knot form in the pit of her stomach and when it became almost too much to bear she felt herself shatter into a million pieces while the most delicious sensation washed over her, stealing her breath away.

Harry felt her release and unable to hold back any longer he plunged into her once more, his own release slamming into him like a freight train. Spent and out of breath, he collapsed onto Hermione, hoping that his weight wouldn't be too much for her.

As the final waves of Hermione's orgasm washed over her, she felt Harry put all of his body weight on her as he collapsed and she wrapped her arms around him, feeling as if her body was lighter than air. Almost afraid to break the silence, lest it break the aura of ecstacy that enveloped the two of them, Hermione whispered, "Harry, that was amazing."

Harry withdrew from her and rolled onto his side so that he was still able to look at her and mumbled sleepily, "Mmm-hmm. Are you okay?"

"Never better," she replied with a huge grin, which Harry returned right before claiming her lips once again.