Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Defense of Hogwarts by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Defense of Hogwarts

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JKR does.

A/N: This is the sequel to "Harry Potter and the Death Arch". Hope you'll enjoy it, I'm posting it now even if it still needs to be betaed because I simply felt I should do something for H/Hr, and this was already written, so here it is. Funny how some things resemble HBP, a thing I'm not so proud of now that I've seen how the book turned out to be…

Chapter One

"The happiest summer"

The summer which preceded their last year at Hogwarts was really the happiest so far for Harry and Hermione, even if previous school term at Hogwarts had been full of troubles for the Golden Trio, risking to break it thanks to Voldemort's cunning schemes, but in the end they overcame all of that thanks to the deep friendship and love for each other they had. Between then there was now a bond even stronger than before, if it was possible.

All the mistakes Ron had done, he had done trying to make things for the best, even if he chose the wrong path, and Harry and Hermione understood that and forgave him. It could have happened to them, and Harry knew how Ron was feeling knowing what he did turned out to be the worst choice.

He had done the same when he had chosen to go to the Department of Mysteries in fifth year, getting Sirius killed.

Since the previous summer, on Dudley's request, the Dursleys had been more civil to Harry, treating him almost like someone like them. So now, they had let him be alone in their house for the summer, and gave him permit to invite his friends too.

Harry chose to invite just Hermione, to have some quality time together, as they hadn't been in touch a lot for long time in the previous months, and now she was his girlfriend, so with her parents' permission, he had invited her.

They spent the summer at Privet Drive on their own, since the Dursleys were on holiday in Spain for all the summer, and they had begrudgingly left the house to Harry.

Life there flowed peacefully, as normal between two young lovers, through kisses, tenderness, and sometimes also sex. One of the most evident differences with the other summers was the sense of freedom that Harry felt for the first time in his life, without the Dursleys at home, and the happiness of being in love and have it requited.

However, even if it may be silly, he missed the letters from Hermione, which he always received with a great happiness. Obviously now she was there with him, so he could see and touch her every moment and it was good, but reading her letters had always been a great pleasure for him. Every summer he waited for them, even more than the ones from Ron.

Those came very often that time too. The first one had a worried tone in it, triggered by what they had passed at school in the previous months.

When he read it, Harry smiled.

"Dear Harry,

I'm writing to you because I don't

succeed in sending letters to

Hermione; all the letters I

wrote had gone missing! Or at least, I think so,

since I've got no reply till now. Do you

know anything about this?

Ron"

They ahd forgotten to tell him about the arrangements of the summer.

Harry and Hermione shared a laugh on the letter, then he replied to him, explaining the situation and apologizing for not having told him before, and that they got distracted so they forgot to reply his letters for her.

They knew he would probably tease them all the year about what they got distracted about, but after all it was the truth, so they would have to suffer that.

He also wrote that they were passing together the happiest summer in their lives. Some days after, Ron replied with another letter, as expected joking on that.

"Harry,

you don't stop surprising

me! I hope you are enjoying

the time together; I recommend,

be careful not to fill the world

of little Potters though

or you'll find yourself with a family

bigger than mine before you know it!

And Snape would not

be happy about that!

Ron"

The young couple read it together snuggling on the couch while having breakfast and watching telly, and they chuckled about his advice. They then dressed for running, starting their daily holiday routine, that was by now consolidated.

It was composed of a morning jogging in the near park, then shower, breakfast, sunbathing in the garden, relaxing themselves, and in the afternoon, the most boring activity of the day: homework!

"Nobody is perfect" Harry thought, smiling "and who has the huge luck to be with her has to accept this love of hers for studying. After all, this time probably she is right, this year we have to pass the last exams, the N.E.W.T.s, then we will have to start work. We need to prepare. And I wouldn't have her another way". He snuck an arm around her waist on their way to the living room, where they were going to study, pulling her close. She leaned on his chest sighing happily.

When some days later, their letters from Hogwarts arrived, they both were extremely happy. They had been chosen as Head Boy and Head Girl, as Draco had predicted on the Express!!

The two of them wrote together a letter to him, asking him how he was and informing him of their new status, warning him playfully that they would need to give him detention if they found him out after hours with Lavender, then they sent one to Ron too to give him the big news.

They knew he was past his jealousy thing by now, and he would be sincerely happy for them.

After the usual morning jog, they relaxed in the garden, sunbathing. The sight of Hermione in bikini should be an habit for Harry by now, since he had seen her in this way since the start of the holidays.

However, every day he found very difficult not staring at her perfect body, while she was constantly attracted by his quite muscular one, well designed by the continuous Quidditch and jogging training.

That day, however, they were both distracted from their gazing at each other lovingly by the "Daily Prophet", with an article on Harry written by an unknown journalist, Grace Meddlers, who seemed the perfect heiress of Rita Skeeter, and maybe even a relative of the old Snape.

Potter new Hogwarts Head Boy

By Grace Meddlers

Next year Harry Potter will be Hogwarts Head Boy, with his girlfriend Hermione Granger as Head Girl. Obviously, the fact that the couple had been both made Heads of the school doesn't surprise us, since it evidently is another thing that Harry Potter is allowed to have in the school. The boy doesn't deserve the badge, since he broke the rules a lot of times in the past years. Every other student would have been expelled, but he did not. Why? Because he is the Boy-Who-Lived, so he is allowed to do anything.

Personally I think the boy has too many privileges, and he should be stripped of some. Leading two schoolmates, Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy to risk their life to follow him just because he wanted to challenge the Dark Lord was not a wise thing to do, and this shows how much the school will be affected by having him as Head Boy.

By the way, I've already stated that Granger is Potter's girlfriend. And obviously the girl is doing her best to keep him with her, as this is the only way a plain bookworm can have attention. I wonder how could she have bewitched him, but for a so clever witch should not have been a problem to make a so ingenuous boy like Potter fall for her. A simple love potion, and the trick is done

Harry had been laughing on the first part, but when he reached the part on Hermione he was positively fuming. He would have slaughtered the journalist in pieces, if he had had her in his hands, and stopped reading because he couldn't take it anymore.

Couldn't they simply leave him alone? Why did they have to ruin even one of the few happy periods of his life?

Hermione saw his raw anger and tried to calm him. Last thing they needed was an uncontrolled burst of magic like when he had blown up his aunt Marge. The newspaper would have a field day with that.

"Luv, you know how the journalists are. Don't let them to ruin our quietness and intimacy" she said soothingly and started pulling him to herself, kissing him on the lips. He held her close and opened his mouth under hers, quickly forgetting his anger. Their tongues now were searching each other, while he was caressing her naked back.

Then he went down, kissing her on the neck, making her moan and fight to maintain the control of herself.

She was near to be defeated by temptation, when an owl arrived, interrupting them, with a letter from Draco.

"Dear sweethearts,

How is going the life living together?

Are you doing the rehearsals for the night after

the wedding? Jokes apart,

congratulations to our new Heads!

Cho also says hello to you.

Draco"

Harry read it, a little upset for the interruption

"Couldn't this cursed owl have arrived a little later?" he said, pouting.

Hermione smiled at him sweetly, and slithered her arms around him peeking to read the letter too.

"It is better this way. We have to go to Diagon Alley for shopping today, so we better go inside and get dressed" Then she stood up, but Harry took her wrist and pulled her on him. He started kissing her fiercely, and she eagerly kissed him back.

"Harry, I would love to continue this all the day, but we really need to go to Diagon Alley, you know" she said, out of breath. Harry mumbled something like "killing the mood", but still he got up.

Hermione smiled, and followed suit. When she reached him, in the house, she gave him a quick kiss before going in her room, that in reality was Dudley's one, to dress.

Then, using the Floo, they went to Diagon Alley to buy all what they needed for seventh year at Hogwarts, the last before starting a new life, a life that Harry was sure he could not go through without Hermione by his side.


-->