Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Defense of Hogwarts by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Defense of Hogwarts

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JKR does.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this so far, and that you'll continue reading. If you do, please leave a comment to let me know what you think of it!

Chapter Three

"Last Time at Hogwarts"

Last month they passed at Privet Drive flew away quickly, and Harry and Hermione, after one day of preparations, went to King's Cross on the 1st of September, for taking the Hogwarts Express, which would bring them to their last school year.

After crossing the barrier, they said hello to all the friends already on the platform, then they climbed on the train and went in the last compartment with their friends. When the train started moving, they went to the Prefects one for the usual meeting. Here, as Heads, they had to give the Prefects the start of year speech, remembering their duties, privileges, powers and so on.

Actually, only Hermione spoke, as she was more experienced in that field, and, mostly, because Harry knew no one could give that kind of speech better than her, being an example for the younger students.

They then reached the compartment in the tail of the train, their preferred one, where Ron already took his place with the others, and was already eating some Chocolate Frogs. The couple took their seats, one near the other as their friends had had the attention to reserve them two near spots.

The group talked a lot, even more than the usual, but in some moments more seriously than the other years, in fact they confided each other their worries for the final exams, the N.E.W.T.s, for the seventh years, and the fear of Voldemort striking hard that year, for all of them.

As usual, when, in the middle of the travel, the trolley with the sweets arrived, they attacked it, buying a great number of things, then they continued speaking about their future.

"And what do you want to do after school, Harry?" Ron asked, munching on some jelly things Harry had shared with him.

"I think I'll try to become an Auror, even if I will have to study a lot to pass the test. It is also important having the best marks in Potions, and even if Snape was better with me in the last year, it still is very hard to achieve" he replied

"Oh, don't worry!! I'll help you as I always did" Hermione said.

"Yes, but we had the same works to do, then. Now, I don't want you waste time for your studies helping me" Harry said.

"And who told you we will do different studies? Did you think I will leave you becoming an Auror alone?" she answered

"What? Will you try to become an Auror, too?" Ron exclaimed

"Yes. What do you find strange in this?" Hermione said, challenging him with her gaze.

"Nothing, I only didn't think you liked that kind of career" Ron apologized, reddening on his ears.

They discussed about this for a long time, and Ron admitted he wanted to play Quidditch as a pro, possibly in the Cannons, his preferred squad. In a more realistic way, however, he would be in the Ministry with his father and Percy. Only thinking about that, especially his older brother, he got the chills.

The journey was near to finish, when Hermione wanted to go to control the Prefects, so she went out from the compartment. Harry took the opportunity to talk to Ron.

"You know, I am a little worried for Hermione's behaviour , lately"

"And why?" Ron asked

"She stays always near me. I obviously like it, that's clear, but…I don't want her to sacrifice her life for being always near me. I mean, probably she has her dreams to fulfil, and I don't want to be in the way of them becoming reality… "

"Well, don't you think you should leave the choice to her?" Ron replied.

"Yeah, I know…" Harry said, thoughtfully, then, seeing her arriving in the passage, he abruptly changed argument to Quidditch.

When the train was near to Hogsmeade, they changed to their robes, Harry and Hermione with their sparkling badges.

"I hope you will be better than Percy as Head Boy and Head Girl" Ron commented, only half jokingly. The Express stopped, and they went down, taking place on a chariot to reach the castle.

As usual, they attended the banquet, and saw the Sorting, then McGonagall accompanied Harry and Hermione to their private quarters, near the staff ones. They chose their password to be "Library and Snitch", then they went to bed.

The first lesson, next day, was Transfiguration, where they started learning the human transformation. Obviously, Harry, being an Animagus, in that sector was particularly advantaged, so he helped Ron and Hermione, who had little problems. Neville, however, was the same disaster of always. Trying to transform Finnegan, he succeeded only in changing his nose in an elephant's trunk, making all of them laugh.

Then they moved to the Potion class, in the dungeons. Harry, however, had great troubles in reaching the class, because he was haunted everywhere by girls of all the years, avoiding always miraculously to be caught, while Ron and Hermione were laughing out loud. While they were sitting down, she whispered to him "I think this will be a stressing year for you…"

He nodded, guessing what she was implying. "But why do they seek and chase me?"

She and Ron grinned, then replied.

"Because they are all in love with the Boy-Who-Lived, that's why" they said together.

"And I can't blame them" Hermione said dreamily.

"Please, now don't get mushy you two, or I'll have to puke my breakfast" Ron said, rolling his eyes. That earned him a smack on his head.

"I had told you last year that you were, and still are, the most desired in Hogwarts", she said to Harry then, smiling mischievously. "Definitely so, since you've grown to an handsome wizard from the skinny boy you were in first year" she whispered to him appreciatively licking her lips.

That made Harry want to kiss her right there. But just in that moment Snape arrived. Draco shook his head amusedly at them from the other side of the room, where he was paired with Lavender, his girlfriend.

Apart for that "incident" in the beginning, the Potions lesson was a total success. Snape by now esteemed him very much, and he didn't miss the occasion to praise him for his perfect work, giving him fifty points for Gryffindor. Draco was nodding to him, happy for his friend.

Other movement, other ambush: this time Harry wasn't able to avoid to be kissed on the cheek by a blonde girl, who also said him her name, hoping he would remember her: Hanna.

"Phew! I already don't suffer it. I hope they will stop soon" he said to Ron, while they were entering the Great Hall. Here too, all the girls turned to look him, and when he sat down near Hermione, she whispered to him.

"With this angry look, you even are more fascinating, you know that, don't you?" then she kissed him briefly.

At that, she was the object of an huge number of hatred and envious looks. She, however, didn't care of that, proud of "her" Harry.

"You're not helping matters, Hermione" he said, faking to be upset at her. His eyes however revealed his amusement at her behaviour.

***

With time, Harry was getting used to the situation, when the Quidditch trainings started. He still was the Gryffindor captain, and he wanted to win the Cup for his seventh year. He started explaining the tactics, when his personal "Fan club", totally feminine, arrived. He rolled his eyes.

However, until they stayed on the terraces to see the training, for him it wasn't a problem. When he saw them go away, he was even happy.

But the worst was still to come.

When he was in the showers room, and the others went away, suddenly two girls of the sixth year, who he recognized for Ginny's friends, ran out from behind a cupboard.

They saw him half naked, with only a towel on his body, and blocked him catching him by surprise, then one of them kissed him on the lips, even if he didn't open his mouth, while the other was brushing his chest with her hands.

He pushed them away roughly, sending them against a wall, finally succeeding in escaping closing himself in the locker room. He got dressed and he went to the castle where he met Hermione and Ron, who saw him very upset.

He told them the happened, and Ron was fighting the urge of laughing, while Hermione tried to consulate him, sure that all of that nonsense would stop soon.

In the beginning she had taken it easy, but now, it was starting to get on her nerves as well as on his own. After all she was his girlfriend, and obviously she was not pleased with what the other girls were doing.

Harry wanted to speak about it to Dumbledore, but both of them counselled him not to for the moment, so he gave up and followed them in the Great Hall for the dinner. It was silly, actually, to ask the Headmaster to stop fan girls from following him, he reasoned.


-->